Equifax Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Voe Processor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 10, 2017
The workplace environment is so laid back. Team leads are very helpful and attentive. Easy Training. Great snack selections in the break room. Well organized.
Pros
Great snacks in break room
Cons
Some team leads were rude.
Review
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 7, 2017
I'm a contractor here, a typical day at work is sitting for eight hours taking inbound phone calls, management is alright to much of their work is out off onto others
Innovative and productive work place
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 1, 2017
Excellent place to grow career wise. Very professional place to work, yet the environment still feels like you are with family. With all of the various departments, you can change positions and feel like you are in a new company.
productive and fun working place free gym inside
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 31, 2017
Very small cubical with your own personal space.
I learn how to guide customers on a website to fix their paycheck.
Workplace was well organized
there was nothing hard at the job really.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
short 15 mins breaks with 12 hour shitfs
Decent until layoffs began
Programmer Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 31, 2017
The usual story, big VP gets brought in from an outside company to serve as hatchet man, lays off countless long-time employees, takes golden parachute exit after a few years. Sound familiar?
Big company but you worked in a team which made it feel smaller and friendly
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
It has been 22 years since I worked at Equifax so I can only give my perspective of working there in the early 90's. I enjoyed my time at Equifax, the fellow employees where great to work with. Management was good and treated everyone fairly. Overall a good place to work and start my professional career.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Compensation was low but I was entry level.
Enjoyable job, but not what I was looking for
Global Operations Process Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Equifax as an intern because it offered a learning experience I did not expect to have early on in my life. I advanced more in those 4 weeks than possibly ever. But the work environment was very classic, cubicle. So if you like that, Equifax has great people to work with.
Solid company to work for
IT Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 13, 2017
- Typical day at work: 9 - 6
- What you learned: ITIL and governance processes, Maximo support, and ServiceNow administration
- Management: good
- Workplace culture: growing into a modern company
- Hardest part of the job: keeping up with technical skills
- Most enjoyable part of the job: my team
Data and Insights leaders
Analytics Expert (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
A brilliant company with focus on data and insights, great leadership team that supports innovation. Work from home flexibility is very attractive. Growing at a fast pace
Challenging and Fast-Paced Work Environment
Director, Alliance Implementations (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2017
Overall a great company to work for especially if you are starting your career and want to advance. If you like a challenge, are analytical and intelligent, it is a great place.
okay
Senior Security Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2017
• Interact with, configure, and troubleshoot network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote.
• Experience in working with business leaders at the most senior levels - with the ability to adapt style and tone with different groups. --A good understanding of data privacy governance models and controls, in reference to the Financial, Retail and DOD sector.
Fast paced call center that I worked in
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 31, 2017
Not a glamourous job just answered calls for lost and stolen credit cards. But it was a great place to gain call center experience. Actually went back there when I needed some extra cash part time.
Outgoing work company
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work is making outbound calls to employers who have a loan basically doing work verification and updating information on the customers who have taken out a loan within many companies
Pros
Learning verifications and data entry
Cons
Outbound calls
Boring
Wellsfargo (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 29, 2017
The environment wasn't for me. It was boring. I just called customers all day and got fax numbers, The hardest part was siting still for a long time. The most enjoyable easy going atmosphere.
good job/life balance but no much opportunity to grow
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 24, 2017
good job/life balance but no much opportunity to grow if you want to advance.

As a software engineer, the day is typically spent in programming and meetings.
Very Helpful Peers
INSIDE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
Everyone is very approachable to answer any questions. The company is very conservative and the culture could use a little more energy and strategy. Very difficult to get things done at times by being such a large organization. Very stable company but could use some formal training programs for those looking to advance their careers and can benefit from a little more transparency from upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Too many uncontrollables that affect your compensation
great
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2017
i enjoy my day to day duties it was moe of data entry and customer service and setting a goal for the day and month it was in outbound call center i enjoy
Contractors BEWARE
Customer Service Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 17, 2017
Pay is low for the amount of work you do. Managers make work more difficult than it should be. It is really a micromanage environment depending on whose team you are on. Contractors are treated with no respect and told constantly that you are just a contractor not an employee. Just too much kids play and not enough real true leaders. Petty Pams is at an all time high in that place and could use a shake up around that place. Customer service level is low. Very.
Pros
The Company itself
Cons
Too many micro managers, Petty Pams, tons of hearsay, and jealousy
Good place to work for the most part
Director - Risk Assessment Services (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2017
I have learned a lot while at Equifax, especially since it was a career change for me. However management in competency issues have arisen along with the fact that they pay, especially in my division, below the minimum average for any positions.
Pros
Healthcare
Lack of Training
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2017
Good company but not for sales/ Sales tactics are backwards and focus is on wrong thing. There is no training and culture is horrible. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equifax. Our community is ready to answer.