Equinix, Inc

Equinix, Inc Employee Reviews

Friendly Staff
IBX Network Technician (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMay 6, 2015
I have a very friendly, caring staff to work with. Been with the same guys over 5 years and never have any issues with them. Been with my manager for almost 10 years and never had any issues.
Sales force Consultant
Sales force Consultant (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 15, 2015
• Participated intechnical delivery of Integration and custom Extensions.
• Configured Users, Roles, Permissions and Profiles as per business requirements.
• Created Custom Objects, VF Page layouts, Trigger’s, Validation Rules as per business requirements.
• Configured Salesforce.com security profiles and custom object supporting integration and quote featured enhancement.
• Worked closely with top-level executives to identify ongoing needs and requirements and providing technical infrastructure for CRM based enterprise solutions.
• Deployed salesforce components from sandbox to production using Force.com ant migration tool, ChangeSet and Eclipse.
• Created custom controllers for implementing complex code for retrieval from Sales Force to VF pages
• Developed workflow rules and triggers using Apex for updating Users based on Location records
• Developed and maintained SFDC analytical reports and dashboards for management review
• Used Informatica Power Exchange for integrating the SFDC with legacy system
• Created Ant scripts for deployment changes from Sandbox to Production
• Developed mapping in multiple schema databases to load the incremental data load into dimensions
• Wrote SOQL and SOSL statements within custom controllers, extension controllers
• Analyzed and imported thousands of account and contact records using Data Loader
• Data Validation for the data that arrives from different data sources and generating the reports in the Salesforce.com for the next day portfolio
• Used error handling techniques to handle the errors and send emails upon the severity of the error
Administrative Sales
Admininstrative role Sales (Former Employee), 1540 BroadwayFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: non existing lunches eaten while accommodating 5 conferences all scheduled between 11 to 4
Absolutely the most selfish money hungry group I have ever had contact with. They are in the sales business and they will play you into getting what they need by sweet talking you. The moment you can't deliver due to restrictions by company heads, boom you are a number a nobody. You don't exist. The senior managers in all departments are looking to fatten their wallets while treating the mid level employees as garbage. Budgeting is allocated on whether or not they want a productive office or a sucker running around like a chicken without a head. The point is a boss creates fear and a leader confidence. Beware potential customers they will benefit only for themselves. Backstabbing, just because you brown nose doesn't make you a good worker,, stealing, all common work day etiquette from employees. But the icing on the cake is the managers 3000 miles away that don't have any idea of how to manage, because their employees that they praise steal directly from the company.
Beware !!!!!!!

February 13, 2015

I heard from clients that visited this location something similar. Employees at a lower level on the corporate ladder were treated in a not so nice way and actually spoken down to. I was waiting for a meeting with a sales person in the reception area. The TV was on , the girl at the front desk was very professional, but she was definitely getting chewed out by someone on the phone. It made me feel very uncomfortable.

Productive company
IBX Network Technician (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: low on-call compensation
Equinix is a great company to work for. Lots of room for growth and learning new technologies.

Typical 9-5 , mon-fri work week. Pulled jobs for installation from a ticketing system that customers themselves could see. Therefore had to keep notes and all work done professional and clear to read.

Had to follow all OSHA standards for installation and repair for customer cages including their electrical and fiber optic materials.
Powerful Company
Operations Support Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: high stress
I have never worked for a company that dealt with so many companies in the top 100 world wide. It gives a sense of security and purpose, the pay was great and the employees were the best support you could ever want, if you love working in an environment that require special attention to powerful companies then this is the place for you.
This was my favorite place to work. Lots of growth and learning opportunities
Senior AP Specialist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: best group of people i've ever worked with.
Cons: heavy workload at first, 50+ hours a week, but with oracle 12r i was able to reduce my hours to a regular 40 per week.
I came into Equinix through an associate I worked with at Inktomi Corp. I was a stand alone Accounts Payable processer and handled all invoices, approvals, expense reports and payments. They were in Oracle 11 and everything was manual. We sent Fed Ex packages of invoices back and forth across the country for signature approvals. Then they upgraded to Oracle R12 which added in invoice scanning with workflow approval, and these new modules were added; I-Expense, I-Procurement and Payment Manager. This allowed the company to go almost completely paperless and streamlined approval processes. The only reason I had to resign my position with Equinix was to care for my mother-in-law while she went through cancer treatment, otherwise I'd still be working there.
Rapidly growing company
Manager (Former Employee), Ashburn, VANovember 28, 2014
Company is rapidly growing which has changed the overall culture. This has caused a great deal of stress throughout the employees. Once the company finds itself it will once again be a great place to work. To maintain the expected work/life balance is extremely difficult to achieve.
Dedicated Data Center Management Professional
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJSeptember 28, 2014
• Planned, directed and controlled all resources to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs in a multi-site Data Center operation.
• Interacted with Client Management and Implementation Management and maintained effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
• Developed operational component forecasts and individual site operational and performance reports.
• Managed, operated and maintained all mechanical and electrical equipment that supports the network-neutral data centers, interconnection services and premium collocation facilities that range from 250,000- 2,500,000 square feet.
• Performed power distribution, mechanical, electrical, HVAC start-up operations, testing and commissioning.
• Managed all PDU for UL panels for customer colo spaces. Involved in the power layout – suite load to customer load
• Strong knowledge in the operation of emergency backup power systems including U.P.S systems, A.S.T.S, A.T.S, P.D.U, Caterpillar, Cummings diesel generators and DC power distribution.
• Executed extensive preventative maintenance programs on electrical and HVAC equipment, chillers, CRAC’s, cooling towers, dry coolers, humidifiers etc, to maximize output efficiency and ensure energy conservation.
• Successfully managed all data center departmental Change Management requirements.
• Effectively managed IT vendors and built strong vendor relationships resulting in cost savings and risk mitigation across the enterprise.
• Working knowledge of Building Management Software like Automated Logic Controls, Siemens Apogee Insight, Delta V, Falcon RLE Technologies, Andover/TAC, Tek-Worx, Maximo, Oracle, Siebel, and MS Outlook
The company was interesting, I enjoyed the work.
Payroll - Specialist (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: good people to work for and with
This was a position that required ADP PayXpert and e-time timekeeping. It was a challenging position due to the staff turn over. It provided the opportunity to problem solve many time though the day/week.
The rest of the team that was brought in was at least as experienced and capable as I. The manager was as new as the staff; we all learned together.

I don't find Payroll hard. I liked the challenge of learning the ins and outs of this payroll
Very fast pace company
AMFO (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free drinks, weekly lunch
Cons: they will not work with you on your schedule is their way or the highway
The company it self is a great company with the best Benifits. All of the management in Dallas is not held accountable and blame other for their mistakes . The employee turn around is very high in this location. All other locations are very good to work for except Dallas.
I would recommend anyone not to be a salary employee they only last 2 years max.just ask recruiter for the turn around in management in the past 13 years. I would stay away from this location. This is my opinion so find out for yourself like I did.
Awesome Company to work for!
IBX Facilitator/Office Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
The company really knows how to take good care of its employees.
A great place to work
Controls Engineer (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: people, availability
Cons: long hours, travel, expectations
Great company, great people and very committed to customer service
Enjoyed the work
Sr. Network Technician (Former Employee), Ashburn VAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: fairness
Management was the only thing that made this job not enjoyable. At first it was good. It was enjoyable. It was fun. Then management made the productivity / enjoyment way out of balance. Was a big turn off.
Ok place to work
IBX Network Technician (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 17, 2013
Ok place to work. management is not so good. they do not hire from within.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager, Client Services Operations (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 5, 2013
Good, Friendly, Fast-Faced
Fast Growing
Flexible
Good Salary/Benefits
Very Friendly Enviornment
no consistency, passive resistant attitudes, no support from management
Engineer (Current Employee), SIlicon ValleyJuly 27, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: lack of consistency, poor to no support from management
Disconnect between corporate and the rest of the company. employees passively resist (at their managers' direction) initiatives that they don't like or don't want to participate in...vested and rested attitudes. Definitely not a good place for career advancement but if you're looking for a place to "hide" and ride the wave...which is why I'm at indeed.com
Global market leader in multi-tenant datacenters
Sr. Account Executive, Federal Sales (Current Employee), Ashburn, VAJune 30, 2013
Serves the secure, reliable datacenter requirements of demadnding customers.
Excellent place to work
Site Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2013
Exciting, challenging and rewarding. Equinix is a forward thinking company.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Environmental Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 30, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: salary
Supporting my operational teams with their compliance needs. Assuring compliance with all regulations for which my company is subject to.
Productive and fun work environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Redwood City,CAApril 17, 2013
Productive and fun work environment. Managers were great and the ability to learn new things was and added bonus

About Equinix, Inc

Equinix provides data and network hosting and colocation facilities (it calls them Internet Business Exchanges, or IBXs) where ISPs, – Read more

Equinix, Inc Salaries