Equinix, Inc

Equinix, Inc Employer Reviews

Powerful Company
Operations Support Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: high stress
I have never worked for a company that dealt with so many companies in the top 100 world wide. It gives a sense of security and purpose, the pay was great and the employees were the best support you could ever want, if you love working in an environment that require special attention to powerful companies then this is the place for you.
This was my favorite place to work. Lots of growth and learning opportunities
Senior AP Specialist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: best group of people i've ever worked with.
Cons: heavy workload at first, 50+ hours a week, but with oracle 12r i was able to reduce my hours to a regular 40 per week.
I came into Equinix through an associate I worked with at Inktomi Corp. I was a stand alone Accounts Payable processer and handled all invoices, approvals, expense reports and payments. They were in Oracle 11 and everything was manual. We sent Fed Ex packages of invoices back and forth across the country for signature approvals. Then they upgraded to – more... Oracle R12 which added in invoice scanning with workflow approval, and these new modules were added; I-Expense, I-Procurement and Payment Manager. This allowed the company to go almost completely paperless and streamlined approval processes. The only reason I had to resign my position with Equinix was to care for my mother-in-law while she went through cancer treatment, otherwise I'd still be working there. – less
Dedicated Data Center Management Professional
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJSeptember 28, 2014
• Planned, directed and controlled all resources to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs in a multi-site Data Center operation.
• Interacted with Client Management and Implementation Management and maintained effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
• Developed operational component – more... forecasts and individual site operational and performance reports.
• Managed, operated and maintained all mechanical and electrical equipment that supports the network-neutral data centers, interconnection services and premium collocation facilities that range from 250,000- 2,500,000 square feet.
• Performed power distribution, mechanical, electrical, HVAC start-up operations, testing and commissioning.
• Managed all PDU for UL panels for customer colo spaces. Involved in the power layout – suite load to customer load
• Strong knowledge in the operation of emergency backup power systems including U.P.S systems, A.S.T.S, A.T.S, P.D.U, Caterpillar, Cummings diesel generators and DC power distribution.
• Executed extensive preventative maintenance programs on electrical and HVAC equipment, chillers, CRAC’s, cooling towers, dry coolers, humidifiers etc, to maximize output efficiency and ensure energy conservation.
• Successfully managed all data center departmental Change Management requirements.
• Effectively managed IT vendors and built strong vendor relationships resulting in cost savings and risk mitigation across the enterprise.
• Working knowledge of Building Management Software like Automated Logic Controls, Siemens Apogee Insight, Delta V, Falcon RLE Technologies, Andover/TAC, Tek-Worx, Maximo, Oracle, Siebel, and MS Outlook – less
The company was interesting, I enjoyed the work.
Payroll - Specialist (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: good people to work for and with
This was a position that required ADP PayXpert and e-time timekeeping. It was a challenging position due to the staff turn over. It provided the opportunity to problem solve many time though the day/week.
The rest of the team that was brought in was at least as experienced and capable as I. The manager was as new as the staff; we all learned together.

I – more... don't find Payroll hard. I liked the challenge of learning the ins and outs of this payroll – less
Very fast pace company
AMFO (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free drinks, weekly lunch
Cons: they will not work with you on your schedule is their way or the highway
The company it self is a great company with the best Benifits. All of the management in Dallas is not held accountable and blame other for their mistakes . The employee turn around is very high in this location. All other locations are very good to work for except Dallas.
I would recommend anyone not to be a salary employee they only last 2 years max.just – more... ask recruiter for the turn around in management in the past 13 years. I would stay away from this location. This is my opinion so find out for yourself like I did. – less
Awesome Company to work for!
IBX Facilitator/Office Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
The company really knows how to take good care of its employees.
A great place to work
Controls Engineer (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: people, availability
Cons: long hours, travel, expectations
Great company, great people and very committed to customer service
Enjoyed the work
Sr. Network Technician (Former Employee), Ashburn VAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: fairness
Management was the only thing that made this job not enjoyable. At first it was good. It was enjoyable. It was fun. Then management made the productivity / enjoyment way out of balance. Was a big turn off.
Ok place to work
IBX Network Technician (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 17, 2013
Ok place to work. management is not so good. they do not hire from within.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager, Client Services Operations (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 5, 2013
Good, Friendly, Fast-Faced
Fast Growing
Flexible
Good Salary/Benefits
Very Friendly Enviornment
no consistency, passive resistant attitudes, no support from management
Engineer (Current Employee), SIlicon ValleyJuly 27, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: lack of consistency, poor to no support from management
Disconnect between corporate and the rest of the company. employees passively resist (at their managers' direction) initiatives that they don't like or don't want to participate in...vested and rested attitudes. Definitely not a good place for career advancement but if you're looking for a place to "hide" and ride the wave...which is why I'm at indeed.com
Global market leader in multi-tenant datacenters
Sr. Account Executive, Federal Sales (Current Employee), Ashburn, VAJune 30, 2013
Serves the secure, reliable datacenter requirements of demadnding customers.
Excellent place to work
Site Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2013
Exciting, challenging and rewarding. Equinix is a forward thinking company.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Environmental Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 30, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: salary
Supporting my operational teams with their compliance needs. Assuring compliance with all regulations for which my company is subject to.
Productive and fun work environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Redwood City,CAApril 17, 2013
Productive and fun work environment. Managers were great and the ability to learn new things was and added bonus
Good place to work and job security
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 7, 2013
I've been with the company for only 6 months but really enjoy. I worked as a contractor for a couple years doing security for them and always thought it was a great place. Once a opening happen I moved over. I've enjoyed my time here.
Great company, acts like a startup (both positive and negative)
Manager (Current Employee), Redwood City, CANovember 12, 2012
Great and fun company to work for - they do a lot of things to try to give back to the community and make the work experience a positive one. Lots of access to upper management - most people are probably on a first name basis with the CEO and CFO, which is amazing for a $B+ company.

Negatives - lots of fire drills (get something friday night, expect – more... results before Monday), revenue focused management changes have positioned immediate revenue above all else. Lack of vision for longterm perspective success. – less
Awesome people to work with
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2012
Management was awesome.
Continuous training classes to sign up for
Co workers were always there for eachother
Fun atmosphere
Great company on a Corporate level... but Regional level is subpar
Implementation Manager (Former Employee), NJOctober 2, 2012
Pros: wonderful corporate company
Cons: middle management lacks experience and departments are over worked and under staffed in nyc region
This is a great company to work for but middle management is less than desirable in the NYC region. Many have obtained positions with little or no management experience while leaving behind qualified employees that have many years in the company. Some of whom have been with the company from the start. Teamwork is a focus of the company structure but – more... forgotten on the regional level. Management would rather tension amongst the team as opposed to encouraging morale within the departments. – less
Great company on a Corporate level... but Regional level is subpar
Implementation Manager (Former Employee), NJOctober 2, 2012
Pros: wonderful corporate company

About Equinix, Inc

Equinix provides data and network hosting and colocation facilities (it calls them Internet Business Exchanges, or IBXs) where ISPs, – Read more