Equinix Employee Reviews

Constant turnover in management
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  new jerseyFebruary 6, 2016
Not a productive place to work no support from anagemnt wwith training or resourses not enought staff health care was poor shift no flexibility
Pros
free soda
Cons
healthcare no support from management
Overall a real good company to work for - great opportunities
Sr. Facilities Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 6, 2015
Very challenging operations. Growing company with lots of opportunity for growth in the market place. Good operations model. Competitive compensation and benefits. Learning environment
Pros
good pay
Cons
Upward mobility
Did not like
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2015
At the time I was employed with Equinix, there was no work life balance. Management was atrocious there was no opportunity for advancement based on individual performance and dedication and motivation.
Traveling around the world
Data Centers, Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2015
Other international fields of operations may also be of interest, which would benefit from my wide & varied experience, especially where creativity and new ideas are required.
Exciting, Unique and challenging
Program Manager, Global Sales Ops (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
I have had the unique opportunity to work in a company that was literally a start-up and is now a 2 billion dollar company. Having supported many of our strategic customers and participating in a new program, I have traveled through-out Asia and North America. This has been a "roll-up-your-sleeves and lets-get-it-done" environment with very special and unique people. Sometimes the days were long, but the challenge and end result made it all worth while. The company environment is changing and unfortunately, its time to move on.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Lack of Communication
Bad Management
IBX SITE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 8, 2015
Lots of back stabbing and in house fighting. Lack to training and assistance from management. If you don't belong to the pack, they will run you out like a dog. Everyone wants to sit back, watch you work and criticize. Never any kinds words. Stay away!!!
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Friendly Staff
IBX Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 6, 2015
I have a very friendly, caring staff to work with. Been with the same guys over 5 years and never have any issues with them. Been with my manager for almost 10 years and never had any issues.
Sales force Consultant
Sales force Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 15, 2015
• Participated intechnical delivery of Integration and custom Extensions.
• Configured Users, Roles, Permissions and Profiles as per business requirements.
• Created Custom Objects, VF Page layouts, Trigger’s, Validation Rules as per business requirements.
• Configured Salesforce.com security profiles and custom object supporting integration and quote featured enhancement.
• Worked closely with top-level executives to identify ongoing needs and requirements and providing technical infrastructure for CRM based enterprise solutions.
• Deployed salesforce components from sandbox to production using Force.com ant migration tool, ChangeSet and Eclipse.
• Created custom controllers for implementing complex code for retrieval from Sales Force to VF pages
• Developed workflow rules and triggers using Apex for updating Users based on Location records
• Developed and maintained SFDC analytical reports and dashboards for management review
• Used Informatica Power Exchange for integrating the SFDC with legacy system
• Created Ant scripts for deployment changes from Sandbox to Production
• Developed mapping in multiple schema databases to load the incremental data load into dimensions
• Wrote SOQL and SOSL statements within custom controllers, extension controllers
• Analyzed and imported thousands of account and contact records using Data Loader
• Data Validation for the data that arrives from different data sources and generating the reports in the Salesforce.com for the next day portfolio
• Used error handling techniques to handle the errors and send emails upon the severity of the error
Administrative Sales
Admininstrative role Sales (Former Employee) –  1540 BroadwayFebruary 9, 2015
Absolutely the most selfish money hungry group I have ever had contact with. They are in the sales business and they will play you into getting what they need by sweet talking you. The moment you can't deliver due to restrictions by company heads, boom you are a number a nobody. You don't exist. The senior managers in all departments are looking to fatten their wallets while treating the mid level employees as garbage. Budgeting is allocated on whether or not they want a productive office or a sucker running around like a chicken without a head. The point is a boss creates fear and a leader confidence. Beware potential customers they will benefit only for themselves. Backstabbing, just because you brown nose doesn't make you a good worker,, stealing, all common work day etiquette from employees. But the icing on the cake is the managers 3000 miles away that don't have any idea of how to manage, because their employees that they praise steal directly from the company.
Beware !!!!!!!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
non existing lunches eaten while accommodating 5 conferences all scheduled between 11 to 4

Comment – February 13, 2015

I heard from clients that visited this location something similar. Employees at a lower level on the corporate ladder were treated in a not so nice way and actually spoken down to. I was waiting for a meeting with a sales person in the reception area. The TV was on , the girl at the front desk was very professional, but she was definitely getting chewed out by someone on the phone. It made me feel very uncomfortable.

Productive, very fun place to work and growth
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 15, 2015
I've learned so much from Equinix. A typical day at Equinix was very busy. Never a dull moment. My Vice President of Real Estate, and management of different departments all appreciated my work ethics and communication. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy at all times.
Pros
travel, 401k, stocks, etc
Cons
i had to leave
Productive company
IBX Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CaJanuary 13, 2015
Equinix is a great company to work for. Lots of room for growth and learning new technologies.

Typical 9-5 , mon-fri work week. Pulled jobs for installation from a ticketing system that customers themselves could see. Therefore had to keep notes and all work done professional and clear to read.

Had to follow all OSHA standards for installation and repair for customer cages including their electrical and fiber optic materials.
Pros
steady work
Cons
low on-call compensation
Powerful Company
Operations Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 9, 2014
I have never worked for a company that dealt with so many companies in the top 100 world wide. It gives a sense of security and purpose, the pay was great and the employees were the best support you could ever want, if you love working in an environment that require special attention to powerful companies then this is the place for you.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
high stress
This was my favorite place to work. Lots of growth and learning opportunities
Senior AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 2, 2014
I came into Equinix through an associate I worked with at Inktomi Corp. I was a stand alone Accounts Payable processer and handled all invoices, approvals, expense reports and payments. They were in Oracle 11 and everything was manual. We sent Fed Ex packages of invoices back and forth across the country for signature approvals. Then they upgraded to Oracle R12 which added in invoice scanning with workflow approval, and these new modules were added; I-Expense, I-Procurement and Payment Manager. This allowed the company to go almost completely paperless and streamlined approval processes. The only reason I had to resign my position with Equinix was to care for my mother-in-law while she went through cancer treatment, otherwise I'd still be working there.
Pros
best group of people i've ever worked with.
Cons
heavy workload at first, 50+ hours a week, but with oracle 12r i was able to reduce my hours to a regular 40 per week.
Rapidly growing company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 28, 2014
Company is rapidly growing which has changed the overall culture. This has caused a great deal of stress throughout the employees. Once the company finds itself it will once again be a great place to work. To maintain the expected work/life balance is extremely difficult to achieve.
Dedicated Data Center Management Professional
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 28, 2014
• Planned, directed and controlled all resources to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs in a multi-site Data Center operation.
• Interacted with Client Management and Implementation Management and maintained effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
• Developed operational component forecasts and individual site operational and performance reports.
• Managed, operated and maintained all mechanical and electrical equipment that supports the network-neutral data centers, interconnection services and premium collocation facilities that range from 250,000- 2,500,000 square feet.
• Performed power distribution, mechanical, electrical, HVAC start-up operations, testing and commissioning.
• Managed all PDU for UL panels for customer colo spaces. Involved in the power layout – suite load to customer load
• Strong knowledge in the operation of emergency backup power systems including U.P.S systems, A.S.T.S, A.T.S, P.D.U, Caterpillar, Cummings diesel generators and DC power distribution.
• Executed extensive preventative maintenance programs on electrical and HVAC equipment, chillers, CRAC’s, cooling towers, dry coolers, humidifiers etc, to maximize output efficiency and ensure energy conservation.
• Successfully managed all data center departmental Change Management requirements.
• Effectively managed IT vendors and built strong vendor relationships resulting in cost savings and risk mitigation across the enterprise.
• Working knowledge of Building Management Software like Automated Logic Controls, Siemens Apogee
  more... Insight, Delta V, Falcon RLE Technologies, Andover/TAC, Tek-Worx, Maximo, Oracle, Siebel, and MS Outlook  less
The company was interesting, I enjoyed the work.
Payroll - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJune 29, 2014
This was a position that required ADP PayXpert and e-time timekeeping. It was a challenging position due to the staff turn over. It provided the opportunity to problem solve many time though the day/week.
The rest of the team that was brought in was at least as experienced and capable as I. The manager was as new as the staff; we all learned together.

I don't find Payroll hard. I liked the challenge of learning the ins and outs of this payroll
Pros
good people to work for and with
Very fast pace company
AMFO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2014
The company it self is a great company with the best Benifits. All of the management in Dallas is not held accountable and blame other for their mistakes . The employee turn around is very high in this location. All other locations are very good to work for except Dallas.
I would recommend anyone not to be a salary employee they only last 2 years max.just ask recruiter for the turn around in management in the past 13 years. I would stay away from this location. This is my opinion so find out for yourself like I did.
Pros
free drinks, weekly lunch
Cons
they will not work with you on your schedule is their way or the highway
Awesome Company to work for!
IBX Facilitator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 12, 2014
The company really knows how to take good care of its employees.
Pros
great benefits!
A great place to work
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 10, 2014
Great company, great people and very committed to customer service
Pros
people, availability
Cons
long hours, travel, expectations
Enjoyed the work
Sr. Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashburn VAOctober 22, 2013
Management was the only thing that made this job not enjoyable. At first it was good. It was enjoyable. It was fun. Then management made the productivity / enjoyment way out of balance. Was a big turn off.
Pros
salary
Cons
fairness