Equinix Employee Reviews

Nice perks, nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 28, 2017
Equinix is ever-growing. Dealing with management can be challenging and effecting change can be slow but the people make all the difference. Benefits are good.
Intelligent and inspiring people found at this company
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 28, 2017
The management is really motivated to try to improve processes and make sure that each team member is getting the attention they need to succeed. The culture is relaxed and fun.
Finance Intern, Americas FP&A (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 24, 2017
Excellent work/life balance, lots of exposure to upper management (who are all extremely kind and personable), overall great place to work. Fast growing company too.
Pros
Catered meals and breakfast couple times a week, great culture
A terrible company to work for!
Global Process Document Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 7, 2017
I was overworked. I learned how not to run a company. Management was inefficient. Workplace culture was asocial. Got carpal tunnel syndrome from working there due to my workload.
Great place and corporate trajectory if you get in with the right folks
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2017
The corporate position is very strong and it has been a solid growth company for several years. As I've seen with other growth companies the leadership needs to evolve with the size. This was not happening well in my department which left much to be desired but in other departments you can grow with the company instead of being marginalized.

The old boy network is entrenched and getting in with them can be a challenge if you're not historically from their roots. Strong ex-military management cultrure.
Pros
Generous food & snacks
Cons
Culturally challenged leadership in some areas
Terrible Toxic Marketing Org. Political and backstabbing
Global Marketing (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 4, 2017
I've worked at Equinix for over 3 years. There is so much potential in the company and so many good individual contributors. We have great data centers and some great partners. We can do great things. However, in my time there I have had bad manager after bad manager. Current Director/Sr. Director and VP level managers in marketing are so political, negative, self-serving and in some cases, unqualified. One or two are ok. Some have thrown their own team members under the bus to protect themselves. Most people are unhappy but we stay because of the stock and because if you keep your head down, you can stay for years, no matter how good or bad you are. If you are good, you can never get promoted, even from manager to Sr. Manager and never from Sr. Manager to Director. If you have opinions or try to tell the truth or point out why things may not be working or that the strategy or plan has flaws, you can end up marginalized, scape-goated or even fired as an example to others. Or, if a project is failing, the blame will be put on you as the bottom of the foodchain. Programs go nowhere, but are funded if you can present a great powerpoint. Some managers have bullied, screamed at and in general treated their teams badly. The company hypes the "magic of Equinix" and talks a great culture story but doesn't address this behavior or bad managers and people are afraid to speak up. It is strictly forbidden to complain or talk amongst ourselves about how bad things are. Positive company reviews are encouraged by HR but DO NOT reflect the true nature of the culture. As the company grows it  more... gets harder, and the workload increases. And bad managers and bad strategy in marketing, channel and other groups means that we never get out of the rut we are in. I wish the executive team would do some REAL investigation into the culture, with an outside team, and protect people so they can tell the truth. I believe they want people to be happy but don't really know what is going on. If they do, then shame on them. And, you are paying a lot of money to people who could be doing so much more for you and the company if only you'd clean up our problems.  less
Pros
Some super smart, fun, creative individual contributors who really care about their work. Good pay, great stock.
Cons
Bad managers, terrible, back stabbing political culture, bad organization and resource allotment
People are generally very nice
Commercial Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Other departments are helpful, not very much room to grow. Definitely understand if you have a doctor appointment. People are willing to lend a hand.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Some departments have to work while the company is closed for the end of year holidays.
$*r3w you college kid
confidential - dont want retribution (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 14, 2016
Very 'home brewed" management. they need some outside influence to help progress

If you did not rise up the ranks, preferably as ex-armed forces service - you will experience a daily routine of insults, 'this is how we always did it', 'why are you rocking the boat" and "i didn't need to go to college"

they work their people very hard, pay low, seldom promote - and rely on "but look at how the stocks are doing"

expect long hours, low pay, and lots of mistreatment.
Pros
they are big - and have lots of business
Cons
everything else
Stress free enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 26, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company. One has to be vigilent and learn how to cope under stressful conditions especially when dealing with rude customers. A typical day at is mainly responding to emails, answering phone calls, signing customers and visitors in and out of the building.
Mission Critical environment with good culture
IBX Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 5, 2016
Typical day involves facilities operations of critical cooling equipment and electrical equipment to insure 100% customer uptime. Most enjoyable part of job is being part of a company that plays such a big role in modern technology.
High growth company
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 21, 2016
Market leader in their space. Very disciplined about market position.

There is a significant amount of Marketing to drive the specific market positioning.
Great experience, terrible manager
EA to the SVP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2016
I worked in a satellite sales office where there was hardly anyone ever there, including my boss. I learned a lot, but it was not a good fit for me. I would not recommend this role to anyone. The company itself is outstanding.
Pros
Learned a lot in a short amount of time
Cons
Terrible boss
Good place
Automation Tester - Intern (Former Employee) –  SingapireAugust 31, 2016
Good team with lots of experienced peers. Product company works on lot of domain, at fresher level you can learn with fun.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Dull environment
Very busy long days
IBX III Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2016
The co-workers are great people. You do learn a lot and have ample training. The supervisors are all pretty good guys. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and working every other weekend. Free lunch on Fridays.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Sometimes there are no breaks, and the paper work is not fun.
Gym on site
SENIOR CREDIT & COLLECTIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 11, 2016
I was able to use my corporate skills and learned Microsoft and Oracle11i. Had enjoyed working with everyone. I work hard everyday to get my collections goal but i get to go for a month vacation to be with my family (overseas).
Equinix
Sr. Finance Oracle Apps. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 24, 2016
Good to work with Equinix. The work culture is encouraging & Positive.

The developement Team is big with niche skillsets. The company management is also very cooperative and pressure absorbing.
The best place to grow professionally
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2016
Love the environment: great opportunity to work as team as well as individual contributor. Fast growing company and strong Sr. management team.
Great people, approachable executive team
Senior Manager, Sales Training and Enablement (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2016
Working with Equinix would be extremely difficult to top. The culture is fantastic. The work both challenging and rewarding. The people are extraordinary and highly collaborative. It would be difficult to top the overall compensation package.

The last year became more difficult. New leadership eliminated all the talented people around me, removed some of my responsibilities, and began to make significant changes to my historically successful program. Some of the changes were an improvement, others felt like change for change sake.

Advancement was difficult to come by in my role, but I observed a number of people I respected move up.

I would highly recommend Equinix despite a difficult final year.
Pros
Fantastic benefits package, work from home friendly, free beverages and breakfasts, ping pong table, gym.
Cons
Work life balance became difficult to maintain. Worked many long days, weekends, and during vacations.
Very good atmosphere for work.
IBX Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 23, 2016
Monitoring, maintenance and repair all kind of electrical equipment within Data Centers: Emergency Generators, Chillers, HVAC Systems, Static Switch Gears, UPS, PDU's, AHU, CRAC Units.
Computerized Building Monitoring and Operation Systems: ALC, PLC and BCM. Power Audits and Customers support.
Good culture, weak management
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 17, 2016
Equinix has a strong and positive work culture, but the management is very weak. There is not much room to grow and they always complain about budget. Work/Life balance can vary. You work 60 hours a week, and they don't want to pay you over time. Or you 40 hours a week and they question if you are working or not.
Pros
Good people, ok salary
Cons
If you're not friends with upper management, then don't expect to stay there too long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval