Equinix Employee Reviews in United States

Equinix
Sr. Finance Oracle Apps. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 24, 2016
Good to work with Equinix. The work culture is encouraging & Positive.

The developement Team is big with niche skillsets. The company management is also very cooperative and pressure absorbing.
The best place to grow professionally
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2016
Love the environment: great opportunity to work as team as well as individual contributor. Fast growing company and strong Sr. management team.
Great people, approachable executive team
Senior Manager, Sales Training and Enablement (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2016
Working with Equinix would be extremely difficult to top. The culture is fantastic. The work both challenging and rewarding. The people are extraordinary and highly collaborative. It would be difficult to top the overall compensation package.

The last year became more difficult. New leadership eliminated all the talented people around me, removed some of my responsibilities, and began to make significant changes to my historically successful program. Some of the changes were an improvement, others felt like change for change sake.

Advancement was difficult to come by in my role, but I observed a number of people I respected move up.

I would highly recommend Equinix despite a difficult final year.
Pros
Fantastic benefits package, work from home friendly, free beverages and breakfasts, ping pong table, gym.
Cons
Work life balance became difficult to maintain. Worked many long days, weekends, and during vacations.
Very good atmosphere for work.
IBX Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 23, 2016
Monitoring, maintenance and repair all kind of electrical equipment within Data Centers: Emergency Generators, Chillers, HVAC Systems, Static Switch Gears, UPS, PDU's, AHU, CRAC Units.
Computerized Building Monitoring and Operation Systems: ALC, PLC and BCM. Power Audits and Customers support.
Good culture, weak management
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 17, 2016
Equinix has a strong and positive work culture, but the management is very weak. There is not much room to grow and they always complain about budget. Work/Life balance can vary. You work 60 hours a week, and they don't want to pay you over time. Or you 40 hours a week and they question if you are working or not.
Pros
Good people, ok salary
Cons
If you're not friends with upper management, then don't expect to stay there too long.
Management needs better understanding on how to carry fwd decisions
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 4, 2016
Liaise with various vendors on hardware & software roadmaps, certifications and problem resolutions
• Work closely with product management, solutions architects, development teams and contribute to product feature requirement definitions and reviews
• Develop and deliver effective reports, metrics for existing and proposed network operations and services. Deliver the business intelligence data to the leadership team.
Productive and Good place to work
Business system Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 18, 2016
Equinix is the world's largest IBX data center & colocation provider, offering the fastest application performance, lowest latency routes worldwide and a digital,Equinix is good place to work,
Sr. Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 4, 2016
Equinix is an American public corporation that provides carrier - neutral data centers and internet exchanges. The world’s most networked data centers.
Great Company but Management is Terrible
IBX Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Management is horrible at the Dallas site. If you have a college degree in the related field and outspoken trying to move up in the company.Equinix isn't a good place to work especially if you an minority. Before coming to Equinix I ran the warehouse with no supervision to make sure that my customer's was taking care for as packages and providing great customer service. Being hired at Equinix in 2013 to 2014 I was under a supervisor that I reported to daily didn't know anything about warehouse procedures/operations for as knowing the knowledge of closing a shipping ticket. My Supervisor that I reported to didn't participate in meetings.You will be alone trying to run 2 sites at a time and depending on customer's demand, you can't enjoy your 1 hour lunch break without someone calling you on the phone about a package or etc.Also, I was insult by an non Equinix employee which the individual made degreatory statements towards me which management didn't do anything about instead I was fired for poor job performance where I received a N.A. Star Award for great customer service at Equinix and have got kuddos from customers. I have never worked in a environment where management didn't have any people skills by interacting with the employees more on the floor instead management will sit in their office with the door closed. Equinix is good company to work for but if Equinix hire better management then Equinix would be the ideal place to retire from.
Pros
Free Lunches on Fridays, Free Drinks
Cons
Management is horrible at the Dallas Site.
The company has a great culture and a nice place to work
Business Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Equinix is a fast growing company, and the company executive management teams went out of their way to make sure I was fully exposed to all interested areas of the company
Nice company to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I worked with Equinix as a vendor.

Working full time with TCS. Good company to work with very supportive team.They are working on all latest technologies.
Pros
frequent parties
Cons
work pressure
Constant turnover in management
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  new jerseyFebruary 6, 2016
Not a productive place to work no support from anagemnt wwith training or resourses not enought staff health care was poor shift no flexibility
Pros
free soda
Cons
healthcare no support from management
Great Company
IBX Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 26, 2015
great company, great benefits, work load can be a lot at times
over all the company is great
nothing else to say
coo workers are great
Cons
management have favorites and promotes within their friends, not by your skills.
Did not like
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2015
At the time I was employed with Equinix, there was no work life balance. Management was atrocious there was no opportunity for advancement based on individual performance and dedication and motivation.
Traveling around the world
Data Centers, Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2015
Other international fields of operations may also be of interest, which would benefit from my wide & varied experience, especially where creativity and new ideas are required.
Exciting, Unique and challenging
Program Manager, Global Sales Ops (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
I have had the unique opportunity to work in a company that was literally a start-up and is now a 2 billion dollar company. Having supported many of our strategic customers and participating in a new program, I have traveled through-out Asia and North America. This has been a "roll-up-your-sleeves and lets-get-it-done" environment with very special and unique people. Sometimes the days were long, but the challenge and end result made it all worth while. The company environment is changing and unfortunately, its time to move on.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Lack of Communication
Bad Management
IBX SITE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 8, 2015
Lots of back stabbing and in house fighting. Lack to training and assistance from management. If you don't belong to the pack, they will run you out like a dog. Everyone wants to sit back, watch you work and criticize. Never any kinds words. Stay away!!!
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Friendly Staff
IBX Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 6, 2015
I have a very friendly, caring staff to work with. Been with the same guys over 5 years and never have any issues with them. Been with my manager for almost 10 years and never had any issues.
Sales force Consultant
Sales force Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 15, 2015
• Participated intechnical delivery of Integration and custom Extensions.
• Configured Users, Roles, Permissions and Profiles as per business requirements.
• Created Custom Objects, VF Page layouts, Trigger’s, Validation Rules as per business requirements.
• Configured Salesforce.com security profiles and custom object supporting integration and quote featured enhancement.
• Worked closely with top-level executives to identify ongoing needs and requirements and providing technical infrastructure for CRM based enterprise solutions.
• Deployed salesforce components from sandbox to production using Force.com ant migration tool, ChangeSet and Eclipse.
• Created custom controllers for implementing complex code for retrieval from Sales Force to VF pages
• Developed workflow rules and triggers using Apex for updating Users based on Location records
• Developed and maintained SFDC analytical reports and dashboards for management review
• Used Informatica Power Exchange for integrating the SFDC with legacy system
• Created Ant scripts for deployment changes from Sandbox to Production
• Developed mapping in multiple schema databases to load the incremental data load into dimensions
• Wrote SOQL and SOSL statements within custom controllers, extension controllers
• Analyzed and imported thousands of account and contact records using Data Loader
• Data Validation for the data that arrives from different data sources and generating the reports in the Salesforce.com for the next day portfolio
• Used error handling techniques to handle the errors and send emails upon the severity of the error
Administrative Sales
Admininstrative role Sales (Former Employee) –  1540 BroadwayFebruary 9, 2015
Absolutely the most selfish money hungry group I have ever had contact with. They are in the sales business and they will play you into getting what they need by sweet talking you. The moment you can't deliver due to restrictions by company heads, boom you are a number a nobody. You don't exist. The senior managers in all departments are looking to fatten their wallets while treating the mid level employees as garbage. Budgeting is allocated on whether or not they want a productive office or a sucker running around like a chicken without a head. The point is a boss creates fear and a leader confidence. Beware potential customers they will benefit only for themselves. Backstabbing, just because you brown nose doesn't make you a good worker,, stealing, all common work day etiquette from employees. But the icing on the cake is the managers 3000 miles away that don't have any idea of how to manage, because their employees that they praise steal directly from the company.
Beware !!!!!!!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Non existing lunches eaten while accommodating 5 conferences all scheduled between 11 to 4

Comment – December 31, 1969

I heard from clients that visited this location something similar. Employees at a lower level on the corporate ladder were treated in a not so nice way and actually spoken down to. I was waiting for a meeting with a sales person in the reception area. The TV was on , the girl at the front desk was very professional, but she was definitely getting chewed out by someone on the phone. It made me feel very uncomfortable.