Equinix Employee Reviews

People are generally very nice
Commercial Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Other departments are helpful, not very much room to grow. Definitely understand if you have a doctor appointment. People are willing to lend a hand.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Some departments have to work while the company is closed for the end of year holidays.
$*r3w you college kid
confidential - dont want retribution (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 14, 2016
Very 'home brewed" management. they need some outside influence to help progress

If you did not rise up the ranks, preferably as ex-armed forces service - you will experience a daily routine of insults, 'this is how we always did it', 'why are you rocking the boat" and "i didn't need to go to college"

they work their people very hard, pay low, seldom promote - and rely on "but look at how the stocks are doing"

expect long hours, low pay, and lots of mistreatment.
Pros
they are big - and have lots of business
Cons
everything else
Mission Critical environment with good culture
IBX Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 5, 2016
Typical day involves facilities operations of critical cooling equipment and electrical equipment to insure 100% customer uptime. Most enjoyable part of job is being part of a company that plays such a big role in modern technology.
High growth company
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 21, 2016
Market leader in their space. Very disciplined about market position.

There is a significant amount of Marketing to drive the specific market positioning.
Great experience, terrible manager
EA to the SVP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2016
I worked in a satellite sales office where there was hardly anyone ever there, including my boss. I learned a lot, but it was not a good fit for me. I would not recommend this role to anyone. The company itself is outstanding.
Pros
Learned a lot in a short amount of time
Cons
Terrible boss
Very busy long days
IBX III Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2016
The co-workers are great people. You do learn a lot and have ample training. The supervisors are all pretty good guys. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and working every other weekend. Free lunch on Fridays.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Sometimes there are no breaks, and the paper work is not fun.
Gym on site
SENIOR CREDIT & COLLECTIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 11, 2016
I was able to use my corporate skills and learned Microsoft and Oracle11i. Had enjoyed working with everyone. I work hard everyday to get my collections goal but i get to go for a month vacation to be with my family (overseas).
Equinix
Sr. Finance Oracle Apps. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 24, 2016
Good to work with Equinix. The work culture is encouraging & Positive.

The developement Team is big with niche skillsets. The company management is also very cooperative and pressure absorbing.
The best place to grow professionally
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2016
Love the environment: great opportunity to work as team as well as individual contributor. Fast growing company and strong Sr. management team.
Great people, approachable executive team
Senior Manager, Sales Training and Enablement (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2016
Working with Equinix would be extremely difficult to top. The culture is fantastic. The work both challenging and rewarding. The people are extraordinary and highly collaborative. It would be difficult to top the overall compensation package.

The last year became more difficult. New leadership eliminated all the talented people around me, removed some of my responsibilities, and began to make significant changes to my historically successful program. Some of the changes were an improvement, others felt like change for change sake.

Advancement was difficult to come by in my role, but I observed a number of people I respected move up.

I would highly recommend Equinix despite a difficult final year.
Pros
Fantastic benefits package, work from home friendly, free beverages and breakfasts, ping pong table, gym.
Cons
Work life balance became difficult to maintain. Worked many long days, weekends, and during vacations.
Very good atmosphere for work.
IBX Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 23, 2016
Monitoring, maintenance and repair all kind of electrical equipment within Data Centers: Emergency Generators, Chillers, HVAC Systems, Static Switch Gears, UPS, PDU's, AHU, CRAC Units.
Computerized Building Monitoring and Operation Systems: ALC, PLC and BCM. Power Audits and Customers support.
Good culture, weak management
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 17, 2016
Equinix has a strong and positive work culture, but the management is very weak. There is not much room to grow and they always complain about budget. Work/Life balance can vary. You work 60 hours a week, and they don't want to pay you over time. Or you 40 hours a week and they question if you are working or not.
Pros
Good people, ok salary
Cons
If you're not friends with upper management, then don't expect to stay there too long.
Management needs better understanding on how to carry fwd decisions
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 4, 2016
Liaise with various vendors on hardware & software roadmaps, certifications and problem resolutions
• Work closely with product management, solutions architects, development teams and contribute to product feature requirement definitions and reviews
• Develop and deliver effective reports, metrics for existing and proposed network operations and services. Deliver the business intelligence data to the leadership team.
Productive and Good place to work
Business system Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 18, 2016
Equinix is the world's largest IBX data center & colocation provider, offering the fastest application performance, lowest latency routes worldwide and a digital,Equinix is good place to work,
Sr. Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 4, 2016
Equinix is an American public corporation that provides carrier - neutral data centers and internet exchanges. The world’s most networked data centers.
Great Company but Management is Terrible
IBX Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Management is horrible at the Dallas site. If you have a college degree in the related field and outspoken trying to move up in the company.Equinix isn't a good place to work especially if you an minority. Before coming to Equinix I ran the warehouse with no supervision to make sure that my customer's was taking care for as packages and providing great customer service. Being hired at Equinix in 2013 to 2014 I was under a supervisor that I reported to daily didn't know anything about warehouse procedures/operations for as knowing the knowledge of closing a shipping ticket. My Supervisor that I reported to didn't participate in meetings.You will be alone trying to run 2 sites at a time and depending on customer's demand, you can't enjoy your 1 hour lunch break without someone calling you on the phone about a package or etc.Also, I was insult by an non Equinix employee which the individual made degreatory statements towards me which management didn't do anything about instead I was fired for poor job performance where I received a N.A. Star Award for great customer service at Equinix and have got kuddos from customers. I have never worked in a environment where management didn't have any people skills by interacting with the employees more on the floor instead management will sit in their office with the door closed. Equinix is good company to work for but if Equinix hire better management then Equinix would be the ideal place to retire from.
Pros
Free Lunches on Fridays, Free Drinks
Cons
Management is horrible at the Dallas Site.
The company has a great culture and a nice place to work
Business Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Equinix is a fast growing company, and the company executive management teams went out of their way to make sure I was fully exposed to all interested areas of the company
Nice company to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I worked with Equinix as a vendor.

Working full time with TCS. Good company to work with very supportive team.They are working on all latest technologies.
Pros
frequent parties
Cons
work pressure
Constant turnover in management
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  new jerseyFebruary 6, 2016
Not a productive place to work no support from anagemnt wwith training or resourses not enought staff health care was poor shift no flexibility
Pros
free soda
Cons
healthcare no support from management
Great Company
IBX Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 26, 2015
great company, great benefits, work load can be a lot at times
over all the company is great
nothing else to say
coo workers are great
Cons
management have favorites and promotes within their friends, not by your skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime