Equinox Employee Reviews

Great if you're up for a challenge
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 27, 2017
Equinox was a fabulous place to work but it consumes your entire life. Split days off eat your entire weekend and it's completely draining. Otherwise, in the Membership Advisor position you make great money.
Internship
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTJune 26, 2017
Equinox is a great business.
I was there for an Internship for school and really learned a lot. I got to see not only how a gym is ran, but everything that is needed to be done to be successful. Not only as a business but as a person.
productive
mantanice (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
theres always something new to learn
theres always someone you can talk to
there are a lot of responsitbilites
you enjoy it eveyday becease your cowaorker make it a blast
Pros
the holiday party
Cons
short breaks
Great Personal Training Job
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
As a former personal trainer from Equinox, I have nothing but good things to say about the company. However, after transitioning to management, all of the good portions melted away. They overwork and under appreciate employees, with minimal time off, hours, and a poor pay structure.
Fun, but could get boring because only person working a shift at a time.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJune 24, 2017
I learned how to stock merchandise, use the cash register and computer system, keep the store organized and presentable. Great benefit is free gym membership.
Good place to interact and learn.
Health & Fitness Coach Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NYJune 21, 2017
The most I enjoyed was interacting with members, co workers, and helping people on a daily basis. There was nothing really hard, if something was dealing with a not so honest, uninspiring, lack of integrity management I noticed from some of the managers.
Pros
Opportunity to lear
Cons
Many
very stressful place to work
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed my job there , but doing the bill part was difficult. As a therapist I was in charge of performing massage sessions for the members of the club and part of my duties were to make sure they paid for the services. However, most of the time the members didn't have a card on file and I was not suppose to use the card they have for their monthly membership.
Pros
free memebership for employees
Cons
No Supervisors avalable
Provides a family environment
Spa Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
I love Equinox,such a pleasant place to work.

I would recommend Equinox to any person(s) who is fun, people friendly and enjoy having fun to work at Equinox.
Great Place
Recreation Basketball Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYJune 7, 2017
I love this job, great place to work out and work! Everyone is so friendly and professional. Equinox does it right when it comes to their employees. I love this place
Customer service & Cleaning compliments
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
it was a regular at work.
I learned mostly everything about cleaning experience.
great management team.
very high class.
working on a fast pace
Members
Beautiful company to work for
Maintance guy (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 5, 2017
Is a very clean place alot of people go there u got to be able to help the customers with what ever they need i maintain bikes and everything else that was there
Poor work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 25, 2017
I made very few friends during my time at Equinox, and overall there was an abysmal work culture and community. Management was kind in person, but sloppy professionally and the turnover was high.
Productive and fun workplace
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 24, 2017
Equinox provides a great workplace that is impeccably clean, and has a great staff that are nothing but supportive of each other and the gym itself. The management is understanding and involved with the staff in all sects of the gym.
Managment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 23, 2017
In my opinion, I feel that Equinox was suppose to be elite. But from the management I received I feel that it is one of the worst places to work. The management I received was horrible and they play the numbers game rather than help build you as a team member.
Pros
Awesome gym
Cons
Bias Management
Good motivating gym culture.
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work begins in the morning at 7:45 a.m.. I clock in, then go to the Kids Club room where i begin to set up the room for the day for when the club opens at 8:00 a.m.. While kids are in the club, we keep them busy while there parents workout in the gym. Some of the busy work is sports, art projects, or other toys that they can play with. I learned how to communicate with adults, and how to have patience since i was working with toddlers as 3 months or teens as old as 14. I learned how to deal with problems within the scheduling and management miscommunications, or random issues that arise. The work culture in equinox was very friendly and motivating. The hardest part about the job was when it was understaffed, and one or two people had to take on about 60 kids. The most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment and learning about my communication capabilities not only with children but adults as well.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
not enough hours
Training and interacting
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 20, 2017
In this position I work with many personalities to either train or interact with my employees. I find this position empowering based on the strong energy and atmosphere here.
Pros
Positive energy
Cons
not enough hours
Temporary Job
Part Time Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2017
Workplace was not motivating and was somewhat judgmental. There is no one that is pushing for you to move forward, gain experience, and move up in positions. Everyone is so happy at the positions they are in and once they are sick of it they quit. Job culture is amazing, the people surrounding this company are not so motivating.
Great Trainers, Managment is very forgetful with daily tasks
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Live at the GYM to get the most out of everything, Must be available 7 days a week when first start and no vacation to start/ YOU will need another job to support yourself.
Pros
free membership/ and great discounts
Cons
Managment favoritism, Cross email other trainers clients and they dont know until you get a response if you get one.
Slow retail store
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2017
I honestly found the retail environment at this club very slow and limiting. I did not like that we were not allowed to sit at all during the shift, and there was not a padded mat to stand on, so my feet and back often were sore after shifts.
No Insurance
Tier 3+ Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Huge drop in importance of personal training as classes like Crossfit/Bootcamps are cheaper option. Horrible benefits/ Pay decent if you can hit bonuses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinox. Our community is ready to answer.