Equinox Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work right out of college. Amazing sales training which allowed for a productive work environment
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Management was great and loved the work culture. Worked full time and typical day was from 9am-6pm give or take due to closeout at months end. Hardest part of the job was staying plugged into the rest of your team to make sure you were all in sync and working together. Found that communication was a major part of my success within the company. I loved coming to work every day which is why I remained working at Equinox for 7 years. My role was to build Corporate Accounts as well as Individual Accounts on a daily basis.
Pros
Was able to go out into my territory to meet with different Corporations and build relationships.
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and Fun Work Environment With Vast Opportunities for Growth
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2016
Being a Personal Trainer at Equinox was an honor and a privilege. I genuinely looked forward coming into work and affecting positive change in the lives of others.
Pros
Equinox afforded me the opportunity to be in full control of my career.
Cons
Fitness director treated everything like a business and lost focus on our purpose as trainers.
Great culture
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
Equinox is an elite fitness club that celebrates not only its members but also its employees.

It is competitive and that keeps everyone working at their best. The energy and comradery can be felt throughout the club and it is truly like a family.

As my manager says: "We work hard to play harder"
Pros
Free gym membership; excellent training; no micro management
Fast-Paced Fitness Setting
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
Fast paced fitness environment catering to residential and corporate clientele. A typical day involves, but not limited to, ensuring the safety of club members during peak and off peak operating hours, instructing members on proper equipment usage to prevent injury, as well as conducting detailed fitness and cardiovascular assessments, body fat analyses, and fitness coaching geared towards weight management, sports performance, post-rehabilitation, and injury prevention exercises.
Great Co-workers, fun job
Kids' Club Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 10, 2016
Typical day is taking care of gym members' kids while they work out. Management is usually pretty understanding and fun to work with. Co-workers are amazing and everyone gets along great.
Hardest part would be dealing with a select few kids that can be problematic
The atmosphere and kids make it a fun place to work at
If I could go back to work there, I would!
Industrial Sewing Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 29, 2016
Making sure work area is clean.

Making sure the right ID number of product being worked on is being done.

Sewing the right amount with precision and speed.

Good communication was a must.

Being able to take and handle responsibilities.
Pros
Plenty of Overtime
Cons
I had to get up so early
A Challenge
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
You'll have to challenge yourself to be the best trainer possible. Equinox breeds amazing trainers without a doubt. However, depending on where you land - you may bump into a clique type of gym culture where management doesn't manage properly and veteran trainers shun new trainers. Not everybody gets the same opportunities to win in life and at work. Work life balance isn't great. Always think of yourself first. Don't blindly spend 14 hrs a day at the gym without regards for your personal life. They do not truly care about your personal life.
Hard work pays well.
Personal Trainer Tier3+ (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 13, 2016
If you are a personal trainer willing to put in the hard work necessary to build a business. Equinox is one of the best gyms to do it in. The clientele really make this gym stand out.
Pros
Literally some of the coolest people in the world work out here.
Cons
Sink or swim. Most markets are more expensive than the average trainers can afford.
Fast paste and high energy environment
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
Manage a six-floor facility including upkeep of clean and working equipment, monitoring productivity of staff and conducting regular walk throughs.
Motivate and foster teamwork with employees while providing support and professionally handling any personnel issues.
Pros
Free Club membership.
Great company. Poor work life balance
Sales Representative - Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for Equinox because I learned so much about branding and marking a company. As far as marketing goes they are on point. The sales side I found to be too aggressive.
Pros
Free lunches. Free gym
Cons
Management, Long Hours
Overall positive work envirnment except in Spa
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, TXJanuary 28, 2016
The club is amazing. Members are beautiful inside and out. Staff is amazing. Spa management not so great. She has great potential to be an amazing manger but doesn't take responsibility for her mistakes and quickly blames others. She has amazing ideas and acts as if she truly cares about her staff.
Pros
Beautiful spa and amazing ementies, free membership to fitness club
Cons
impossible to get healthcare coverage
Fun Culture + Great learning experience
Corporate Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I worked as a summer intern - I learned the system, the culture of Havas, the daily routine of VPs. I worked directly with the higher up to schedule appointments, input information into the database and go on off sight meetings.
Great place to grow, but not to stay
Spa Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
You are expected to work long hours and devote yourself entirely to the equinox lifestyle. The work environment is very stressful and will burn you out, however the staff has great teamwork. You will make lifelong connections with the members and staff. This is a great place to hone your skills, but it is not a sustainable job.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Healthcare, High Turnover
work relationships
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2016
Equinox has a enivornment where is fun, free, and open to be you! What you don't know, if you are willing to learn co-workers with teach you or make you knowledgable about the subject! the employee relationships are amazing , they are not just co workers but actual friends!
Equinox
Senior Regional Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
Equinox is built on the energy of the employees in each club. The company has an issue with employee retention - one that could be fixed by simply investing in their employees. If you are an innovative mind you can be successful here.
A great job to build relationships , plus a free gym membership
OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Typical day required thinking of new creative ways to keep & gain members both new & active . I learned how to be personable and communicative. I felt comfortable and safe from my team mates. Hardest part was the long stretches during the summer when the gym was inactive. Most enjoyable was working in a supportive environment & meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Free gym membership & building new relationships
Cons
Low income
Great Company Overall and good clientel
Blog / F3 Meal Prep and Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  Corona del Mar, CAJuly 21, 2016
The company provides a fun and challenging work environment. The clients are high end and rewarding. The company provides good benefits and pay in comparison to other fitness company's.
Consistent Practices
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
A culture of success where top management is committed to aggressive expansion. Promotion within is slow and recognition of performance is lacking.
Pros
healthy lifestyle
Cons
lack of communication department to department
If you prefer sales over actual massage
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
when I first started here I had an awesome manager who made sure the staff was well compensated and he made sure we got worked on as well, being that this is a physically demanding job. He didn't allow us to feel the pressure he was feeling from his bosses. After they let him go and management changed everything went south. Everything became more focused on sales over actual therapy and they didn't allow much time for breaks in between clients. you can come in and be booked back to back with no lunch break at times.

I became very stressed and sick a lot here and management cared more about numbers than the well being of the therapists. I miss my clients here which helped me stay way longer than I should have but when it got to the point where they had me choosing between them and the well being of my children I had enough.

I did learn a lot and developed my skills here but that's pretty much all this place is good for.
Pros
free use of gym
Cons
little to no breaks, pushes sales over therapy, not much room for advancement
Best member experience around. Worst upper management and work experience of my life
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2016
It is only a business. Employees are there to make the company enough money to expand. There is no long term investment to stay. They will just replace you.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
working 40+ hours the last three DAYS of every month. Required. Sales Sales Sales.