Equipment Depot LTD Employee Reviews

EQ Depot
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2017
My days were never the same or as I had planned for them to be. As the service manager of more than 30 techs and misc employees, Every day was a challenge, I handled all unhappy customers, worked with techs when they had problems on the jobs, Had regular scheduled meetings with Salesmen, helped with pushing thru the sales when possible,
Pros
Positive Company, moving upward
Cons
sometimes it seems EQ Depot was growing too fast, sometimes people got lost in the growth, but I guess that is natural
New Holland
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 6, 2017
Should be New Harness. Always repairing electrical wires due to Rubbing. Company is a great company that will always let you come in late, Show up when you want to. Leave when you want to. Stand around and talk with whomever you want too. With no accountability.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
They work There
Over worked, underpaid
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 24, 2017
Cheapest place ever on the equipment they provide for you to do you job effectively and safely. If you want to be able to do this job the best way you can, you have to provide very expensive tools and know how to work on anything and everything with VERY little to no training on the equipment you work on so you have to buy the tools you need to be able to work on anything they give you. Gets very expensive and shouldn't be that way.
Pros
Small group, take home work van
Cons
Stressful, parts inventory sucks, must have lots of tools they will not provide, money hungry, customer comes second to numbers
ok work enviroment
Construction Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 23, 2017
at first when it wasn't corporate owned it was great place to work. Once it was corporate owned, the care for the employees lessened. Still a good place to make a living.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Equipment Depot offers great benefits and a stable work environment. They believe in making work fun. I get paid well and I know if I ever have the desire to promote within the company I will be able to.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Location is not very nice
September 25, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback! One of our Core Values is Make it Fun! I'm so happy that you get an opportunity to have fun at work!

Great Employer
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I have worked at Equipment Depot for 5 years and really love it here. My hours are flexible, the leadership is great, great learning tools to advance or enhance your skills, excellent program for management trainees, and young talent. Very much a family like business where I feel cared about.
Pros
Work/family balance and benefits
Equipment Depot
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 30, 2017
The best thing about equipment depot were the employee's. I met a lot of great people there. Most everyone looked out for each other besides a couple of people that felt they were still in high school! As for assistance with sales that was not existent. Training is a joke there. Also the branch manager is not very helpful with answering much or helping with career advancement or changing jobs.
September 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not consistent with our values. We would like to learn more about your time at Equipment Depot, so we can continue to improve. If you’d like to talk more, please email us at Adrienne.Soule@eqdepot.com. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Bad Management
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 29, 2017
Not a good place to work, if you're a woman. Technicians can do whatever they want, and if you complain, as a woman that works there, you will never be heard. Your voice won't ever matter, your just seen as disruptive. Even if you have valid concerns. Job security is SERIOUSLY lacking, even if you do your job really well. It's a good ole boy system. Admins are worked like dogs and are treated as such.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Bad, good ole boy management
September 25, 2017

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m sorry that your experience at Equipment Depot did not match up to our core values. I assure you that your voice matters, and that we are committed to creating a comfortable work environment for all our employees. If you would like to share more about your experience, please email me at Adrienne.Soule@eqdepot.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback, and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Soule
VP of HR

Eq Depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 9, 2017
The management is very poor. The upper management have no clue what really goes on and have no clue as to what works to improve business in the local area and will not listen to us. They do not fire people who are really hurting the business.
Pros
Great Technicians
Cons
Low wages, low appriciation
September 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry that you did not have a good experience at Equipment Depot. We have recently hired a leader that will do all he can to ensure that our Core Values are represented at each and every location in PA. He will focus on our Core Values of Passion to Perform, Trust to Act, Act Responsibly and Make it Fun!

If there is more you would like to share, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at Adrienne.Soule@eqdepot.com

EQDepot
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 4, 2017
Equipment Depot helped be develop the office skills I needed to advance my career further. It was definitely a worthwhile internship for me and I recommend anyone looking for a job in equipment sales to check out Equipment Depot.
September 12, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your time as an inside sales intern was a positive one.

Work culture is relaxed
Financial Analyst, FP&A / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2017
Easy going work Culture.The people are greate work a round I will miss the lax atmosphere. The pay her is not very competitive but the culture and work environment is a good trade off.
Not Bad
Field PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 3, 2017
Not that bad of a place to work. I wasnt making enough money to stay very long. Benefits were not unreasonable. They did provide some training but could use more
too much changing
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
they replace managers about every 1 to2 years and then try to change employees direction, when a new manager comes in they want to start replacing people. a lot of times company is micro managed.
Pros
decient benifits
Cons
constantly changing
September 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you thought there was too much change at Equipment Depot and that the company is micro-managed. Equipment Depot is a very dynamic company and we believe in providing opportunities for our employees across our footprint. In fact the Manager at the location you were in was an internal promotion from another part of the company. I am happy to have a conversation with you to discuss concerns you may have. We welcome feedback at Equipment Depot and see it as an opportunity for growth. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at Adrienne.Soule@eqdepot.com.

P.S. Thanks for your comment on our benefits! I'm pretty proud of the benefits we are able to offer our employees!

Safety first
Shop Technician / Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Safety was always a main priority at this company. Management listed to employees and use suggested comments to implement safety. Friendly environment.
Good Company
Sales Coordinator - Texas Used Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2017
Family oriented.
Very firm BUT fair.
Lot of TEAM WORK in a very fast paced environment
Management was approachable and very willing to work with the employee.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no room to advance. felt like its not what you know but who you knew
Great place to work at.....
Receptionist/Ambassador for Time2Help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2017
Answering phones, take messages for parts department and helping out in the service department, or any department that needed help. Checking in with General Manager on anything he has for me to do.

Working as a team to help the day run smooth and error free.

It was very family oriented and everyone got along and was happy.

Sometimes the phones would go down and we would have to several times get with IT to solve the issues.

Most enjoyable is making my manager happy and solving issues by myself.
Pros
Setting up special lunches for the holidays.
Cons
Healthcare
VERY Average job
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 2, 2017
good benefits, buts that's about it. Very unorganized. Management is awful. No opportunity for advancement. Needs to be restructured
Great company poorly managed
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 19, 2017
This is a great company to work for but unfortunately your future depends on who you are dating within the company or who you are brown nosing. Doing your job and being great at it is not enough. Every department has it's "clicks" and you better hope you fit in.
Pros
Great benefits, great hours
Growth potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 13, 2017
Growth potential with Equipment Depot is limited or at a zero rate. Too many people in jobs that should be handled by other departments. Budget could be lower if job positions were reevaluated for necessity.
Fast pace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Donna, TXDecember 8, 2016
good company with good benefits, very fun place to work with a friendly culture and family oriented. However, sometimes difficult to navigate thru the proper channels, to many procedures that would cause delays in some of the decision making.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor support mechanism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equipment Depot LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8