Equipment Transport is seeking full time Pilot/Escort Drivers at their Clarksburg, WV facility. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY $12.00 per hour, must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using stop & slow paddle, and hand signals. Escorts commercial vehicles and oversized loads using a company vehicle to and from job sites in the oil and gas industry.
- Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed; follows safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; communicates using CB radio as needed; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Informs drivers of detour routes through private roadways.
- Radios other flagger or drivers at opposite end of site, giving clearance for reverse flow of traffic when appropriate.
- Warns drivers and/or laborers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Reports safety hazards and traffic problems to superior immediately.
- Prepares reports and maintains records.
- Previous escort/pilot car experience is preferred - Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while remaining alert
- Strong communication skills; must have the ability to give clear directions and instructions
- Strong sense of urgency; must have the ability to take a firm command
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
Work is performed outdoors with exposure to inclement weather. Moderate physical demands; strength sufficient to lift and move items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; may be exposed to safety hazards and dangerous tools and equipment.