Equiscript LLC Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Inside sales (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCNovember 18, 2015
Equiscript has an excellent leadership team! They are open to employee suggestions and work hard to make sure that their employees have every tool needed in order to be successful in this field. The environment is team-oriented and everyone works hard to meet company standards. Co-workers are pretty down to earth and get along well. Equiscript believes in recognizing employees for hard work and diligence so their efforts do not go unnoticed. The company culture lends to a competitive but fun atmosphere so there are competitions victory lunches. The schedule is flexible and great to balance work and home life. If you desire to move up in the company opportunities have become available but the company is still growing. The company provides a wonderful service that helps many people in need so in addition to great earning potential, the job itself is very rewarding. The CEO works in office and is very approachable which you do not get in larger companies. He is transparent and holds daily meetings with the office to share developments and updates about what's new on the horizon. Very forward thinking and genuinely cares about his employees.
Pros
Great work environment, excellent leadership, earning potential
Cons
Insurance benefits could be better
Management/Company Culture
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCNovember 16, 2015
The first thing you'll notice about this company is that everyone enjoys being here. There are many perks, the team is a big one. The company provides a service for patients and communities that is undeniably innovative, and very fulfilling to be a part of. Ambitious people who want to challenge themselves are going to do well here. This company is growing, and management understands how to pace the growth in order to maintain a cohesive team and patient satisfaction. Employees are not only encouraged by management to apply for advancement but this is also possible after a short period of time.
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive environment, great leadership
Cons
no breakroom
Amazing Company!
Program Efficiency Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 17, 2015
Here at EQ we have fun together,but most importantly we work hard together. We appreciate our patients and want nothing but the best for them. Management here is knowledgeable, understanding, and always willing and able to help. I can't speak for the environment at EQ before I began working here, however, what I can say is as of right now, we are a hard working family.
Pros
Up-training, Open door policy
Cons
N/A
Productive and Enjoyable work place.
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCNovember 16, 2015
The Hours are awesome especially those with families. The environment her is a family environment. I have learned a lot about time-management here and also sharpened my team leaderships skills. I come in the mornings eager and ready to work. I Love the WORK ENVIRONMENT. My co-worker are awesome and always willing to help out and we work well as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is the company as a whole and everyone that works here. It is a great growing company to work for!!
Pros
Flexible time, Room for growth within the company
Cons
Have none
Growing Business
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 16, 2015
This has been a great company to be a part of. There are ups and downs of any job, but overall it is exciting to be part of a fun, growing, forward thinking company. Upper management keeps employees looped in with how they see the company growing. With current outlook this organization will continue to prosper.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Would like more vacation time
Feel welcome, helpful, and appreciated
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mount PleasantMarch 14, 2014
EquiScript is a great environment with a friendly culture. The management is very conscious of a person's strengths and personality and treats you as an individual based on this. They are very interested in hiring folks who would thrive in the culture and environment. You will work hard and fast paced, but the environment is friendly AND your work is recognized and appreciated. Free coffee/tea/cocoa/water all day, colleagues bring in snacks, and happy hours on Friday, it's great!
Pros
Free coffee, humble, friendly colleagues
Cons
There are no massage therapists or hot tubs on site
Rigid atmosphere no fun in the workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCNovember 5, 2015
This company seems to be overrated. The employees have no energy or passion for results with little motivation. This could be a result of the upper management attitude. They show no regard for employees and little vision for ensuring a fun working environment. The office atmosphere is really stiff and difficult to work in.
Pros
Cons
management
Awesome small, growing company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 3, 2012
I have had the pleasure to work at Equiscript along side an amazing group of people. As a small and relatively new company, there is huge room to learn and grow. This also means that the company is constantly changing. This is not a company for people who enjoy static work processes or procedures that you might find it larger, older organizations.

One of the best perks of the working here has been the people who make it a success. Culture is an important part of this company and more importantly having fun while working hard.
Pros
showers, next to hampton park, awesome management, office environment, dogs
Fantastic opportunity to be creative and make a difference in the lives of people everyday!
Director of Program Implementation (Current Employee) –  Mt Pleasant, SCMarch 7, 2015
I have been a part of the Equiscript team since September 2013. The current team at Equiscript is creative, smart, fun to be around and consists of some of the hardest working people I have encountered throughout my career. We provide a truly unique service to our clients and to the patients who utilize our service. It is amazing to be able to enhance the lives of people everyday. My leadership and colleagues have helped me grow professionally and personally since becoming a part of the EQ team. I am excited for our continued success as a company as we continue to bring health back home to many more communities!
Pros
Recognition for great work! Fun company outings! Knowing that your team is always there for you!
Worthwhile mission statement, but disappointing experience
Unspecified (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCApril 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job there was interacting with smart, hard-working colleagues.

The hardest part of it was watching as many of the better employees there gradually became disillusioned as they worked hard to achieve the objectives given by senior management and then were later told to discontinue working toward those objectives. It was not uncommon for the new marching orders given by management to actually reverse or contradict previous goals and objectives. This is a common, chronic phenomenon at EquiScript.

Annual employee turnover at this company is extremely high. During my time there (roughly a year) approximately 15-20 employees were hired. During the same time, the number of employees who quit or were terminated was at least 10.
Pros
The company's business model seems to be sound, They do provide a valuable service to many patients, Co-workers tend to be bright, amiable, and hard-working.
Cons
Ownership talks a good game, but management's inconsistency and high employee turnover is very tough to ignore.
Equiscript is a growing business with a lot of potential and a great environment.
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 3, 2012
The good:
Equiscript is a great place to work. Everyone is laid-back, friendly, humble. The people in the office genuinely want their coworkers and clients to succeed. The CEO is open to new ideas and forward thinking.
The bad:
This kind of company is not for everyone because it demands a lot of flexibility of people. You have to be the kind of person who wants to grow with a company and put in the time it takes to do that.
Pros
growth, office happy hour, casual dress, open office environment, nice people
Cons
still growing, less structured than other companies, requires a lot of flexibility
Purpose-driven, growing company that supports employees
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 9, 2015
Equiscript is a growing company with a defined mission. We work hard, but we also have fun. The company offers a flexible work schedule and business casual office environment. Leadership is involved and accessible, so that anyone can contribute ideas and feedback about the company.
Pros
Casual work environment, flexible schedule, small company feel
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 9, 2015
Equiscript is a great place to work. The people are great, and management operates with integrity. You really feel that you are part of the team and valued for the work you do.

There are fun events, such as happy hours and competitions that encourage fun and interaction with your coworkers.

It is a small company, so you need to be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
A day @ Equiscript
Case Manager/Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 1, 2012
Aiding and assisting others was what attracted me to the job description. However, as time went on and attempts to make changes to how we were to gain patients continously changed. Meaning if something didn't work then the change was made on Monday and if the results didn't change by Wednesday, then the rules and directions were changed again. There really wasn't any consistency which of course led to extremely high turnover rates for the company. All if this in turn made it difficult to concentrate on your task when you aren't sure if you are next to go for whatever reason.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of work
Great environment, growth opportunity, flexibility!
PROGRAM EFFICIENCY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2015
A great place to work, flexible hours, casual dress, leadership and encouragement. Team building, caring co-workers, enthusiasm and a driven management team.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual environment.
Cons
I can't bring my dogs to work.
Great Place to Work with Wonderful People
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 14, 2014
Equiscript is a wonderful company to work with. Although it is a new company it is growing. The employees work together as a cohesive unit and the management are hardworking and compassionate people. Overall a great place to work!
Cool place to work and great people
Healthcare Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston SCAugust 3, 2012
I have worked here for almost 5 months and it is a very cool place to work. The people are great and the atmosphere is very laid back. I wear flippy floppys to work every day and the people couldnt be friendlier. I am very glad to have the opportunity to work here, healthcare is a fascinating field to me. I like the start up vibe, it is right up my alley.
Pros
happy hour every friday
Very nice people to work with, it is a start up buisness so it is very unorganized in the process they use.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCFebruary 10, 2012
People are enjoyable to work with, office is nice, However because it is a start up buisness (Less than 3 years old) , they are very unorganized in the processes that they use. They have multiple personel doing the same job and waste money on redundant staffing policies.
Complex Environment
Case Manager/Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 17, 2012
A day at Equiscript was once a upon a time pleasant. But later it became a hostile environment and/or place that was dreaded. Co-workers enjoyed each other, but loathe the atmosphere.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
less hard-nosing
Horrible Work Experience ever !
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 9, 2012
This is all based on my opinions and experience alone. Nothing below is set in stone, in any form of writing or has anything to against the company. Again these are my views and my views only...

A typical day here starts off with you NOT knowing what to do or what is expected from you. Especially if you’re new, they have no solid training processes so the 'new' person gets passed from employee to employee...None of the supervisors step up to train their own crew; it’s expected for others to do their job.

What did I learn? I learned nothing from them personally; I have learned that startup companies are very frugal, inconsistent, not loyal, and disappointing. I gained a good bit of experience from the many different patients’ I dealt with on a normal basis.

Management....HORRIBLE! Seriously Horrible! I have never seen so many people in management in my life. It is maybe 12-15 people there and 10-13 of them are "Vice President" of something...VP of sales, VP of finances, VP of clean-up crew (j/k) but there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. No one 'owns' up to their mistakes made and please believe it is a million of them. There is absolutely no organization. The 'HEAD BOSS' talks a good talk about family and being blessed and so religious but definitely walks a different talk. With no regards to anything or anyone's feelings you could be let go. Very unprofessional....

The hardest part of the job was creating work for you. They wanted to monitor every hour of the day because they felt as if we could be more productive but they literally would make up the craziest
  more... things for us to do to stay busy.

The most enjoyable time I had at the job is when I first arrived and was very naive to the situation. Seems like once I got wind of how things operated I was soon being set up for failure. I did enjoy being able to use my creative flow by creating a great game to motivate yourself to want to provide that outstanding services to receive a compliment. The name of the game was the Amazing Race and everyone enjoyed it. But I never got to get the perks of the game because I was released.

From June 2010 to March 2011 9 People have come and go...That says a lot about a company.
Pros
very flexible company
Cons
they try to hide the truth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equiscript LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Equiscript LLC Reviews by Location