Equity Bank Employee Reviews

Credit/Commercial Loan Analyst
Credit/Commercial Loan Internship (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 30, 2017
Great Experience, Great education and learning opportunity filled with hands on, interactive lessons, reviewing board meetings, and gathering an accurate taste test for the banking environment.
Was once a great place to work
Bank employee (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 29, 2017
When they were a smaller company they were a great company to work for. As they got bigger they went from "family first" to "make more money at whatever the cost" Management gives special treatment to people and let things slide but will write up others they don't like for the exact same situation. The employees are extremely two-faced. Especially in the Operations area. Being gone for things like your child's life-threatening illness will get you fired.
Dissatisfied
Teller (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 18, 2017
The lack of communication, training, and respect within the company makes it very hard to work and be successful. There is no growth within the company even thought that is promised. Customers are rude and hateful because Equity nickel and dimes their customers through fee's and service charges which always come back on you the teller. The pay is not bad but for how much a teller does they deserve more. I honestly would never recommend working for Equity. 10 out of 10 would NOT recommend.
Loved my co-workers & kids
Loan Administrator/ Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 25, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers and my kids very much! My kids taught me so much and I enjoyed working with them every day.

The management (director) was so mean,.
Not a good place to work for at all!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2016
Double standard company. As a teller we were told you have to be 100% everyday & was compared to McDonalds drive thru. Also was told to grow thick skin. Not family oriented at all. If you complained it came back to bite you. When I quit they didn't pay me for some of my vacation. Big corporate bank that only looks out for themselves. No proper training & you have to figure out the procedures. Thank goodness I got out when I did!
Pros
Cons
Have to work 2 holidays, double standard company, corporate doesn't know what their doing
Great Corporate Culture, Poor Middle Management
Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company until a management shakeup in 2016. The new management promoted has a long way to go to be successful. They unceremoniously fired me with no warning, no prior discipline, and no reason given other than "we no longer want you here." I was the fourth person terminated out of this group in 2016 by new management. None of those who were terminated were given reason other than "the new head of the department didn't like you."

Seriously, there are better places (and banks) to work at in Wichita that don't require constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if you're going to get fired. I'm pretty surprised that this $2 billion dollar company gave control of the largest revenue driver of the entire company to a 30-year-old with anger issues and a 40-year-old with no backbone.
Pros
Great culture, good coworkers
Cons
Middle management on a power trip, too much power with little oversight and no previous management skill
It's ok, just a job really.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 13, 2016
The customers are great, the company itself is good for being so new still. The pay is really great, but advancement is hard to come by. They have a horrible problem with keeping employees. The Warrensburg location has the worst turnover because of the management. Management is poor and extremely hostile. They state that they have an open door policy when it comes to complaints, but if you complain, they will threaten to fire you. Any mistake you make is met with hostility. Extremely uncomfortable environment to work in. I have heard other branches are better however.
Pros
Vacation after a year, sick time, raises
Cons
Working holidays, inability to use sick time, unfair scheduling practices
Supposedly good people, I beg to differ
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2016
A typical day for me was the same day-in and day-out. I would come in and review errors of Tellers and correct them as needed.
I learned how to read different transactions according to the task at hand.
My co-workers were nice on the surface, but were talking poorly about me behind my back. I did not enjoy the majority of my time in the office because of how little interaction there was.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the numbers on my paycheck.
Pros
Pay, occasional free food
Cons
People, culture
Friendly workplace with alot to learn
Relationship officer (Former Employee) –  dagoretti cornerJuly 20, 2016
The management at the branch level was good and very talented individuals who settled for nothing less than the best.
A typical day at work involved opening new accounts for the clients,cash and cheque transactions and solving some of the queries.
The colleagues were a friendly lot who were always wiling to help in case of any problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the clients smile after sorting any issue that they had/
The hardest part of the job was the extended hours.
I learned a lot of soft skills like public speaking and presentation as well as the importance of the corporate as well as the personal image.
Pros
free tea and snacks
Cons
extended work hours without compensation.
Banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 5, 2016
Not terrible, sometimes had unrealistic expectations, but that was due to bad management. Bonus' were not bad at all, but it was easy to get them cut due to errors.
Small town big benefits
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 15, 2016
This company treats employees with respect. They might be a small town bank but you get all the benefits of a big bank. They care more about their clients then just the bottomline. They treat their employees with respect and give them good benefits for their hard work.
Stressful
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 10, 2015
There is no consistency, in the work or management. Very stressful environment.
You never know if you are going to get replaced, or if you are doing a good job.
Great Place to Work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 2, 2015
A small regional bank that is great place to get one's foot in the door of finance. Lots of ways to advance in a growing company.
Great work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 23, 2014
I really enjoyed my time t Equity Bank. The customers were great and I enjoyed helping them. I feel like the management could have been more involved with those lower on the chain of command. It felt like they set themselves above us.
Not a bad place to work.
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 26, 2014
This bank has a good work atmosphere but doesn't offer much on advancement. It is a growing bank and has a lot of work.
Great on the job experiences
CFO/VP of Operations (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 20, 2013
Bank values their customers and instill in its employees the importance of great customer service. The skills that are gained by working for this company are easily transferable within and outside of the organization.
Nice place to work
CFO/VP of Operations (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 20, 2013
Desirable work place where you can utilize your professional experience.