EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES Employee Reviews

Wouldnt reccommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Selling a manufactured home is nearly impossible when financing is involved. Unless you have the perfect clients who are willing to pay cash, most deals don't go through. The pay is not high enough without commission to make it worth it. No real room for higher positions.
The company was very poor in employee compensation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLNovember 19, 2017
It was made know at the start of the interview that you would never get a raise or maybe a 1% but not likely.
Sometimes the pace was quick, which I liked and sometimes, in the summer months, it was very slow.
Pros
Great hours and love most of the residents
Cons
Poor pay
Not much to say
Corporate Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606November 8, 2017
Dress code is casual. Learn what you can. Put in a couple of years, make connections and use this experience to open other doors. Not a place to spend your whole career.
Often stressful but rewarding
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAOctober 27, 2017
Often stressful but rewarding. Family atmosphere. Corporate needs to have more first hand knowledge of the RV and camping world. Better marketing and advertising.
Great People, having a great time.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  PA Dutch CountryOctober 26, 2017
Enjoyed all aspects of ELS and PAD campground. Looking for an RV park to manage in the southern region.

Love seeing the customers happy and making great memories for families for year to come.
Pros
Cons
Winter
Overall a Great Place to Work
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2017
I started working at ELS 6 months ago. I am enjoying the collaborative culture and feel there is opportunity to make a a real impact on the company. There is a recognized need to build more of a bridge between corporate and property employees, and I have already seen positive changes being made, including learning and development conferences for Property Managers.
Pros
Stable company, collaborative environment, opportunities for career growth.
Google docs and demands and young corporate geeks
Guess (Former Employee) –  Guess Place, NMOctober 11, 2017
They get 12 hours out of an 8 hour day, every day. Never enough time to catch up or complete the workload.
Very poor training for managers, large staff turnover and they offer no time for you to get out of the office to train because of the demands of the job.
The residents are bitter, hateful and angry, the older they are the worse they get. Lets face it, it is their last chance at a home. Living in a run down trailer and paying high rent.

Corporate is run by young 20 year old geeks fresh out of college who create more work for community/resort mangers with more spread sheets and google docs and end of the day deadlines. They misinterpret emails and get very upset if you say NO.

A typical day is walk through the office door, phone ringing off the hook, complaints about the state of the parks and enforcing the rules which everyone ignores and the high rents. Residents shouting abuse, slamming the phone down, storming in the office. Verbal insults and ignorance.
The most exhausting job ever, no gratitude for the hours you put in.
The best part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
I get to go home at the end of the day and live in a real house
Easy going
Part Time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OregnoOctober 9, 2017
I worked for one of ELS communities in Fairview, Oregon. I enjoyed the people who lived there. It was not a stressful job as the manager did all the "heavy lifting" so to speak. I was able to dress casually and my hours were fairly flexible, which I liked. The only stress on the job was my managers' irrational behavior.
I received and deposited rents, maintained prospects, did calendaring and monthly newsletter; correspondence with future residents and current residents. I showed property and assisted in the sale of said property (manufactured homes). Supported the manager in all areas.
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed this position.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
manager's irratic behavior
fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 29, 2017
The job was fun and so were the residents.Everyday was a different day . the people were nice friendly .I enjoyed going to work everyday. its was challenging everyday, great benefits,vacation sick leave,personal hours.
Not a good place to work
no title (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Would not recommend this job to anyone they take a advantage of you and make you work a lot of hours with benefits and torrible pay for all the work you do
Pros
Discounts
Poor management
Community Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 13, 2017
The company culture is to make money at all costs. Quality does not matter. Upper management is very deceptive with community level managers and staff. The upper management will throw employees under the bus in a heartbeat for decisions they make and let the community staff get blasted. The working environment was soul crushing and disheartening. Innovative ideas and hard work are not rewarded. The environment is chaotic and unprofessional. And finally, the pay is extremely low in contrast to other companies in the industry.
Pros
Co-workers and residents.
Cons
Upper management offers no support, low salary, and very little advancement opportunities.
Pretty good place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. The benefits are good and they seem to care about their employees. Can be a bit stressful at times, as in any job, but overall a good place
Good environment.
Demolition Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIAugust 22, 2017
Has a wonderful environment and great people! Love the family vibes. Very poor management. The manager was continuously rude and sexist. Loved working there though until it got to breaking point.
Pros
I loved working there! Great environment.
Cons
Poor management. Manager was very rude and sexist.
Laid back get your work done with a great environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
ELS provides a relaxed environment to get your work done. It is quiet in the office but the opportunity to mingle with your coworkers is there without all the distractions of everyone shouting. They pay fairly, give you a real work life balance (it really is a thing) and treat you like an adult. Very happy with the company and would recommend to my friends.
Pros
Ability to grow, the people, jeans, work from home option
Working for a bunch of ungrateful individuals
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
Deal with alot of people's bad input and don't get compensated. Corporate is terrible, call center management is terrible, it's all horrible. People take credit for your sales and you're not compensated them.
Pros
Worst company I've ever worked for.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2017
Terrible turn over, lousy ethics, don't care about employees, horrible pay, severe discrimination, corruption at corporate offices, lying to residents and blue collar employees, elder abuse, and unlawful practices. Wouldn't work for them again if they tripled my salary.
Equitylifestyle properties
Reservationist/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
A day at Equity lifestyle properties is very fast paced, I open the office at 8AM and immediately the phones are ringing. This company books reservations for campgrounds nationwide so I am booking from New York to Oregon and we handle over 200 campgrounds. The environment more family like then other offices so we know we are all a team and the management is amazing knot afraid to jump on the phones with the other representatives. We strive to meet goals both in reservations and sales. The hardest part about this job is knowing there is no place to move up in the company and the best part is speaking to all types of people from across not only the us but the world.
Pros
fast paced, family like, great people
Cons
No room to grow
The money was not that great
MEMBERSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fair Play, SCJune 16, 2017
The campground I was in was not designed to sell upgrades, although I sold a lot of memberships to Thousand Trails. The manager at the campground was really helpful to me, more then my own sales supervisor.
Collaborate Corporate Culture
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJune 9, 2017
Working at ELS is a great experience. I find the leadership to be open to new ideas, and that at the property level, there is a true desire to provide an excellent experience to our campers and communities.
Pros
A focus on community service and on empowering and promoting employees.
Understaffed and low pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
Lots of promises and no follow through. Employees are expected to complete goals which are IMPOSSIBLE to be reached. Employees are gossipy and backbiting. Unhealthy environment in this Vero Beach area. Health insurance promised is a joke.
Pros
PTO benefits
Cons
pay, benefits, training, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9