Equity Residential

Equity Residential United States Employee Reviews

leader in the industry
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 17, 2015
Very nice company to work for. was proud to be a part of the company.W as able to use my expertise to the fullest. for the right Position I would return.
this was a great company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: resident newsletter and continues training
Cons: personal time off
training-marketing with other community was great, work hours was long and resident enjoyed personal touch that staff provided on monthly bases. We put together a weekly news letter and offered resident breakfast on the go-pool parties-car wash and company offered online payment-resident referral program.
Productive and successful environment
service technician (Current Employee), 101 west end avenueMarch 28, 2015
I have gained a lot of experience on resolving problems and organizing projects with managers and co-workers. I have also gain confidentiality within myself. I would have to say that the hardest part of job is having to work on my own; but, I have managed myself to complete my duties. I would say that the most enjoyable part of my current job is seeing the looks on the residents' faces when I have completed a job.
I enjoyed trianing others.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: on call duties
I had the chance to maintenace from various people as well different classes that were availaible to the employees on a annual basis.
Excellent workplace to learn about Residential Communities
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Excellent workplace to learn about Residential Communities, the ends and outs of property management, payroll and providing good sound customer service to determine the issue surrounding an employee pay in regards to taxes, hours paid and medical benefits.
This place has its family fun moments
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 23, 2015
I feel that this place (the Augusta Office) can be so much better. The management needs to separate personal relationships with co-workers in the workplace. I feel if you stand up for something, its mends to get let go. There are some good moments within this company but it is very far in between. There are a lot of assumptions within this place without proper findings of what a person is said to be doing or not doing. Discrimination is within this work place. You are not paid by the work you do unless you have an outside relationship with the managers. The company does have company outings and lunches for the employees which is great but it does not make it a happy place to be once you have to go back to work. It is a lot of back stabbing within this office and people are not being held accountable for the job they are supposed to do, meaning jobs are pushed off on someone else who is not under that title and being blamed for something that is out of their control.
Great Place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 15, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, management, company culture
Cons: salary was below market rate
EQR is a great place to start your career.
Life/work balance is truly balanced.
Great team building exercises and seminars.
My supervisor was the best I had in my career.
Only drawback was the salary, they pay a little under market rates for New York.
Good company to work for.
Maintenance Engineer - (current) (Current Employee), seattle,wa.February 26, 2015
This is a good company to work for. Had a great time when I worked there. The owners and coworkers were good people.I unboxed and set up appliances and delivered them.
Maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned alot
Cons: snow removal
Working with a team, maintaining and repairing apartments required repairs to insure residence are happy. preparing maintenance and painting for new move in residence. I learned all aspects and responsibility as a maintenance tech working with outside contractors minor electric and plumbing repairs. On call outside of work hours. the hardest part of the job snow removal during winter months. My co workers were all good people. the best part of the job was meeting different people from all walks of life
Decent work place with somewhat limited interaction with management
concierge (Former Employee), 50 stainford st. bostonFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work included assisting patients with locating thier doctors offices and securing their transportation. It was a largely isolated workplace. I only really interacted with management when I was acting as a go-between with the tenants. The hardest part of the job was providing security for the location. The most enjoyable part was assisting patients with their needs.
Building still under construction, commute too long,
Night Porter (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: have to work 8 1/2 hours to make up for the 1/2 hour break they are forced to give me
As the building is under construction and there are still real estate agents showing apartments, there is a lot of pressure to keep things as pristine as possible, while dust falls constantly. I have learned how to inspect a model apartment from ceiling to floor, assist in nighttime security and fill in for concierge during breaks and learned the MRI software system.
"Some thing about Equity"
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), ColoradoFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: values you and what you bring to the team.
Cons: burden is on local leaders to continue and foster the "some thing about equity" modo.
There is a fabulous feeling when you work for Equity. You can not pin point it to just one thing. It's just "Some thing about Equity."
Unfortunately local upper management has done a complete change in the past two years. The feeling & pride that you had, working for such a fabulous company is lost due the local leaders.
Not so good work/life balance
Sr. Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), 400 West 37th Street, New York, NY 10018February 16, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, great training programs
Cons: commission structure
It is great place to learn as it offers constant training in customer service, sale, etc. Lots of customer solving issues and you learn how to deal with them. Everyday can be different. However, most sites are under staff which results in not too much of work/life balance. There has been too many changes and budget cuts that do not benefit the properties or employees. High employee turnover.
Greater Stater
Manager (Current Employee), CAFebruary 12, 2015
Not too much room for growth. They rater hire externally.
High turn over, most people leave for better opportunity elsewhere.
Great company and people.
MGMT Riverhill (Former Employee), Dallas TXFebruary 5, 2015
This company is dedicated to good values, and their employees. They have a strong training program and really help their employees excel.
former employee (Former Employee), new yorkFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: this company discriminates on race and age.
over all fun place but, with a lot of preferetial treatment of certain employees. this company discriminates on race and age, and upper management does not work as a team, but expect you too
Very good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: very good work inviroment
Cons: non really
Typical day starts with morning briefing and updates along with job assignments,
Management and maintenance work well together.
co-workers got along well and assisted each other as needed cheerfully.
No hard part really, some spur of the moment make readies but that was all.
It was a nice clean and cheerfull work enviroment.
Great Company
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Boston MAJanuary 7, 2015
Great Company to work for!
Pay well management is very organized and helpful upper management as well.
Good place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 7, 2015
its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay
The people I worked with were great and always willing to teach
Neighborhood Coordinator/Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee), Equity ResidentialJanuary 6, 2015
I would love to work for this company again if the opportunity presented itself.

1 2 3 4 5

About Equity Residential

Equity Residential owns, builds and operates high-quality apartment communities in places – like New York City, Boston, – Read more

Equity Residential Salaries