Equity Residential Employee Reviews

Great company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 20, 2017
Great company to work for! Steady work,good compensation plus bonuses, good positive atmosphere! its too bad they pulled out of the market in AZ it was a shame to loose them
Under paid, understaffed and stressed out
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 20, 2017
As a leasing consultant you will be responsible for an unrealistic list of duties besides what you were hired to do- Lease! You are timed to answer e-leads within 2 hours from when they are sent which would be fine...If you weren't the only LC everyday except weekends and Wednesday its all on you! Make sure to answer the phone in 3 rings. Post Craigslist 6 times a day, address resident complaints, retrieve and respond to voicemails, patrol reports, emails, pre-inspect apartments prior to move in, move residents in, move residents outs, weekly patio checks, run rent checks, incident reports,package pick up after pick up, release keys to vendors. Then maybe you will have time to tour residents, have them apply, request verification's,approval letters/phone calls, email move in check list,send thank you emails for moving in, Thank you for touring, renewing, would you like to renew. etc. Oh... and constant hassling calling, email residents to beg them to take an online survey and how important it is that they are "very satisfied" Not enough "very satisfied" survey's means less or no bonus for your team and community manager. Let's not get started on how they keep changing the commission scale to save them money. My advice find another company with less stress for same pay. Good luck!
Pros
Cons
Understaffed/Underpaid and micro-managed
Nice place to work.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 15, 2017
I really enjoy working for Equity Residential. I love what I do, and I also really like the system Equity uses. This company treats their employees great. They give you all of the tools you need to succeed.
Pros
company outings
Great Bonuses
LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
Worked at several locations and enjoyed the fast-paced working environment. There were opportunities for large bonuses and advancement. I interviewed, showed, and approved individuals and families to find their new home.
Good Company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 8, 2017
I felt Equity Residential was a great company to work for. They cared about employees and were focused on schooling and improving employee skills. Pay was fair, and management was fair as well.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Can't think of any
June 19, 2017

We couldn’t agree more; Equity Residential absolutely cares about each and every one of our employees! We recognize the importance of continued education and have a fantastic in house Organization and Development Team that works hard on designing relevant training courses for each of our departments. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. We wish you the best of luck!

Company
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
not a great company work for life, if you have better choice please think about it before join equity residential, when i first start with them was great work and life balance, after management start changing, everything fall a part, they need better management to fix the company.
Pros
great life work experiment
Cons
benefit, management
June 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we’re so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Please know that we are constantly looking for ways to support and encourage a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Our competitive benefits plan offers paid time off, which includes sick time, vacation, personal days, community service, and a number of paid holidays. We also offer additional floating coverage within each market, in an effort to assist communities when they are short-staffed. We hope that you felt you had an opportunity to express your concerns while you were working with us; if you have not already shared these thoughts, we encourage you to contact a member our the Human Resources team in your area.

lot of fun with vitality
Construction Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 31, 2017
very competitive company, you can use your knowledge and you can learn a lot of the new technology. Management are very helpful. This company has a very good workplace culture. You have to do your job but you get recognize for it
Pros
discount in some hotels, etc
June 19, 2017

We truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our management teams and celebrate our company culture - thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

fun place
Building Maintenance Repairer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 30, 2017
frequent meeting so we can all meet and discuss the way forward. the company offer outings and parties for all employees. they pay you for that time also. they also offer holiday bonus
June 19, 2017

Your comments support one of our 10 Ways: Enjoy the Ride! We are always looking for ways to recognize the hard working employees of Equity Residential and “keep fun on the agenda.” Thank you for taking the time to share!

Internship
Investments Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2017
Excellent office environment and a wonderful place to learn over the course of a summer. I was able to get right into the work and ask questions as needed but I was treated as a member of the team.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Remote HQ location
June 19, 2017

We’re so delighted to hear about your positive intern experience with Equity Residential! Our interns are valued members of our team and we appreciate you taking the time to reinforce our company culture of inclusiveness. Best wishes to you!

Equity
Community Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
Equity Residential gave life balance, training was everyday, management listened, you were challenged every day in a good way. Always a One Team attitude!
Pros
All around amazing company
Cons
they sold out of Denver
June 5, 2017

Thank you for reinforcing our One Team mentality! We appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback. Thank you again, and best wishes!

Productive and fast paced
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2017
Equity was great to place to work, however they sold the property I was working at and turned them into Condos. I then accepted employment with AIMCO.
May 22, 2017

We’re so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with Equity! Thank you for your service and for all of your help during the sale of your community. We wish you the best of luck!

Ser una persona creativa
Porter Local 32BJ (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11201May 12, 2017
Siempre dar todo en lo que haces siempre trabajar en grupo
Pros
Lo mejot
June 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Your comments are consistent not only with the popular Equity mantra of One Team, but also highlight one our 10 Ways, Share the Spotlight: “Our own success always involves the efforts of others." We truly appreciate your encouraging words!

¡Gracias por tus comentarios! Sus comentarios son consistentes no solo con el popular mantra de Equity de One Team, sino que también destacan uno de nuestros 10 Ways, "Comparte el Destacado: Nuestro propio éxito siempre implica los esfuerzos de otros". Realmente apreciamos sus palabras alentadoras!

I loved the discipline you learn working For Equity Residential. Structure was key. This is where i learned the value of being organized.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2017
Equity Residential gave me my 1st opportunity to venture into the Property Management Industry. I was placed in an office in the south end of Atlanta. That was well over 10 years ago and I remembered it so well. everything is very fresh in my mind. The Manager was Cadja and my files had to be in proper order. there was no signing off on a file that was not in the proper order. I quickly learned how to be meticulous. That stay with me in every company thereafter. Still, I place tremendous value on being organized. I dressed up in my professional attire each day and still i had to clean the toilets and the vacant if it was needed. I never complained. I like to clean. I had to transfer all info from a guest card into the computer system each day for. I maintained data and review them daily to follow up with prospects daily. all while touring, taking classes, cleaning, organizing, and planning. It was very good training.
Pros
Their training was very serious training. .
Cons
Advancement was not even discussed. I was never encouraged to move up.
May 22, 2017

What a great memory you have! We’re so pleased to hear that you’ve been able to apply skills that you developed during your tenure with Equity to your everyday life; things like organization, teamwork, and customer service never go out of style! While we’ve continued to make advancements regarding our in-house training programs over the last 10 years, one things that remains a constant is that we encourage employees to take the initiative to speak up when promotion opportunities arise. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have an opportunity to advance during your time with Equity, however hope that you’ve experienced - and will continue to experience - many successes along your way. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

Productive and Fun Workplace
Sr. Residential Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2017
Equity Residential has always provided me great opportunity and the ability to be myself. I have always enjoyed working with them. I have the ability to do my job while still taking the time to have fun and focus on my family. The hardest part of my job is having to oversee a number of employees at one time while still maintaining a professional and fun relationship with each person. I enjoy our culture very much.
May 5, 2017

Hello, and thank you so much for your great comments! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our culture - one that allows you to grow, to be your authentic self, and to enjoy a healthy work-life balance. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of the challenges that come with your role, and we are grateful for your commitment to leading your team in a professional and efficient yet fun and personalized way. Keep up the great work, and we will keep striving to make it easy for you to enjoy the ride!

Large company with good opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Equity Residential. I enjoyed leasing apartments and working with the residents and other coworkers. The thing I liked most about this job was meeting new potential residents.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with maintenance requests. Customer service is essential with scheduling repairs and on-site issues but keeping the clients happy is the priority.
May 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing some of the highlights from your time with Equity! Your passion for helping our customers find the right home is truly appreciated. We take pride in our commitment to address service requests in a timely manner and so thank you for understanding the importance of delivering exceptional customer service at all times. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts - we wish you the best of luck!

Offered a challenging environment that grew their employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2017
Offered excellent training and really took care of their employees. I worked with them for 14 years starting as a leasing consultant to a Property Manager.
May 5, 2017

14 years of service - that’s fantastic! We’re delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience during your tenure with Equity, and that you were able to accomplish so much during that timespan!

Equity Residential
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2017
Equity Residential has an overall great idea for culture and benefits and ways to treat their employees. But not everyone follows those guidelines. The best part of the job is the team that you work with. They are a batch of extraordinary people who make you feel like family. However, sometimes the upper management can lose their way.
Pros
Rent Discount, Benefits, Commision
Cons
Long hours, Low live work balance
May 5, 2017

We couldn’t agree more with your comments surrounding Equity’s culture and the extraordinary people who make up our teams. We strive to offer benefits that support a positive work-life balance, including paid time off, service anniversary days, and community service days. Please feel free to contact your Regional Manager or HR Representative if you would like to share additional details surrounding your experience with Equity. Thank you!

Great Experience
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
I am so fortunate to work in a region with a community manager that has faith in my work ethic. I love going to work each day and being presented with something new each day.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
commission structure and pay could be better
May 5, 2017

And Equity is so fortunate for your feedback; it sounds like you’re really enjoying the ride! We also felt that it was time to revisit our commission structure and as a result, we were able to roll out a new commission policy earlier this year to reward sales performance. If you have any questions about our new policy or how leasing commissions are earned, please know that you’re always welcome to contact your Community Manager, Regional Manager, or Human Resources representative. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

excellent position
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 3, 2017
great company to work for. There was a lot of room for growth in terms of a career path and they made training available for those who wished to continue career paths with the company
April 9, 2017

Hi there - and thanks so much for your great comments! We’re so happy that you enjoyed working with Equity, and that you benefited from the training and growth that accompanied your Leasing Consultant role. We hope you will continue to remember your time with us fondly, and that our paths will cross again. Thank you again, and best wishes!

General overview of my experiance as a night concierge.
Night Concierge (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2017
Residents are the best in the majority.
However when applying for the position and what the position actually included where pretty different. Your asked to be prepared to do light maintenace, how ever there is a maintenance team so you never have to actually do light maintenance. You do however have to be prepared to deal with larger things. Like elevator outages and floods being most common.
Security is not 24 hour so you will have to do security type stuff. Your in the middle of downtown so there are a lot of homeless and transients to deal with.
Working the over night was the shift people took way more advantage of. Someone can't cover time during the day, they want you to come in earlier and your shift was already 12 hours to begin with.
Pros
Benefits and hours that you can use are significant
Cons
Very much a boys club. Felt forgotten by management a lot.
April 9, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and bringing up some of the challenges of your former role as a Concierge. We recognize that there are many responsibilities that go beyond the basics of your job description for any position in this industry! Our Concierge team members are truly the face of the company; you make the first impression on our customers and build lasting relationships with them, so it is important to us to find professionals who are passionate about going the extra mile and delivering excellent customer service. Thank you for doing just that when you were here, and we regret that you did not always feel supported or appreciated. We thank you for your time with us and for your feedback, and we wish you well!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equity Residential. Our community is ready to answer.