Equity Residential

Equity Residential Employee Reviews

Good place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 7, 2015
its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay its okay
The people I worked with were great and always willing to teach
Neighborhood Coordinator/Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee), Equity ResidentialJanuary 6, 2015
I would love to work for this company again if the opportunity presented itself.
Keeping Busy!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in a fast pace community where I was able to multitask and show off our large community. Residents are always in need of assistance; whether it's transferring, questions about their account, or needing just a simple lease printed.
Great company, really corporate lately
Sr Leasing Consultant Floater (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: out of the area now
Great company, I wish they were more family oriented. They sold out of this area.
Busy and educating experience
Service Technician / Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough compensation
From the day you start there are so many things to learn and to do that you are always busy
Best Job Ever
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 3, 2014
Pros: nice area
Cons: long hours
I was a leasing agent so my day was spend doing tours. I also took care of residents concerns and issues around the property. I learned how to deal with upset people and I also learned how to manage my time. The management was amazing they always took time to let you know how much they wanted you there.
Great Benefits
Leasing Manager (Current Employee), Chevy ChaseOctober 31, 2014
Great Benefits and Job Growth Opportunities. Over 58 local properties in the Washington Metro area.
Workplace safety a plus overall. Friendly environment.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2014
At mornings, meet with Maintenance supervisor to elaborate a game plan for the day, getting reports and work requests from the night before. This also includes, guide other technicians throw the daily work process.

Complete work request during the day, performing AC works, plumbing, electrical, general repairs, etc. At the end of the shift, make sure work requests are been processed, or make appointments for a next visit. Update computer system, print reports, order of material or equipment needed, etc.
Equity
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Westminster, COOctober 7, 2014
Great place to work every day is different. Everyday you deal with something new. Lots and lots of problem solving.
Nice place to work and fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Work for Equity since I moved here in 2003 and learned alot and grow was able to trian people and watch them grow in the company.
A good job with great benefits and work environment
Managed Resident (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay and great benefits
Cons: on call duty was hectic at times
I worked as a maintenance technician and was responsible for apartment turnover. I also took routine service requests and on call duty.
Very Educational in the Property Management
Health & Welfare Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Downtown ChicagoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k plans, paid vacation and sick time
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed my job with Equity Residential for a wide varity of reason,
able to travel to explain benefits in spanish to fellow employees working in the southern parts of the states, whom were not under our health and welfare plans. Felt appreciated when I was able to help my fellow employees get their personnal claims paid from whatever health insurance plan they picked. I learn about many different Health Plan and there persentages of coverage. The company was very appreciating to there employees. I had to leave this great company because I had a premature child that needed her mother full time.
Okay Place to Work
Sr. Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Largo, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: pay is not so well.
The management is not the best and the job culture and structure suffers because of this matter.
nice place at first..
service tech. (Former Employee), ranchoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: nice manager ..she taught me alot..
People come and go ...often ...from employees to residents...lots of things to do in very little time given by management.. supervisors I counted five in on year.. all different visions.. and ways to do things.. at that property.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Capitol Heights MdAugust 21, 2014
Pros: love dealing with people
Cons: short breaks
I was responsible for Prospect Trafficking, Outreach Programs, Move-ins, Apartment Inspections, Residential Notices, Residential Maintenance Requests and Etc. The Challenging Term of the job was the inexperience to the skill set, My most enjoyable part of the job was everything I loved everything once you get the knowledge of things
Leasing apartment homes at a community I came to love.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 15, 2014
Equity Residential was a great company to work for. In particular, I came to love the community and residents of the community that I worked at. Retaining those residents gave me great joy, and I believe that my confidence in the community, apartment homes and surrounding area helped me greatly in leasing to prospective residents.
Great
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2014
Great education provided that has laid the foundation for me to progress forward in my career.
One of my best experience
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: everithing
Great place to work. Company care about employed and make sure we enjoy work with this company.
Respect, team work, care etc etc is just great.
Started out great, ending up man vs man.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJuly 9, 2014
Equity Residential used to be a great company to work for. Now that it is exiting Orlando it has turned into man vs man to keep your job. Which isn't including the dishonest people in management who are constantly manipulating to keep their butts safe. I learned everything I know at Equity and Equity has helped me truly excel at my job. Management honestly is a joke, RM's are completely disconnected from the real life of each property. The Community Manager is the biggest con-artist of them all who lies with a straight face right in front of you and lies to your RM. I wouldn't recommend working for Equity right now.
Productive and fun
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 28, 2014
Working for the Dr. I learned additional skills and was able to advance my knowledge.

About Equity Residential

Equity Residential owns, builds and operates high-quality apartment communities in places – like New York City, Boston, – Read more