Equity Residential Employee Reviews

Great environment
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
• Maintained the facility clean and neat.
• Reported any safety hazards to facility manager.
• Performed maintenance and cleaning duties as instructed by facility manager.
• Removed debris from sidewalk and parking areas.
• Watered plants and maintained lawns.
Pros
tips on holidays
Cons
hours vary
Property Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2016
Will train employees even with no experience.
A lot of customer service skills required.
Must maintain existing residents as well as lease homes to new residents.
Must learn MRI.
Very helpful to be bi-lingual.
Pros
Good commision
Cons
Low salary
great place to gain experience
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  NYCJune 3, 2016
day to day building operations, supervision of building staff, delegating contractors,scheduling daily repair tasks to maintenance staff and make sure that the building is kept clean and presentable looking,conducting regular preventative maintenance on items throughout the interior and exterior of the building
Great culture and work environment
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
This was a great place to work. The environment was very casual but productive. Management emphasized the importance of work life balance.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Communication was not always the best
Fast pace, indoor/outdoor industry
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 30, 2016
Great company. I absolutly enjoyed the customer interaction with the prospective/ residents.
The hardest part of the job I have to say would be having to turn down prospects. Either they did not income qualify, or had bad credit. However, I always did follow up just to ensure they found a home and thanked them for inquiring.
The best part of the job was being able to profide a home for someone.
Pros
Incentives/ raffles
Cons
Frequent manager turnover
Maintenance job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2016
This was a large company with a very large number of employees and business locations.
I was underutilized by the company for all my construction knowledge and skills. The pay was low and the employees were not happy where I worked.
I could not move up in this company to a higher position.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Low pay
Excellent work place. Great overall company
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2016
Equity Residential is an amazing work place. The overall staff is impeccable. There training procedures are on point and very informational.
Equity Residential
Leasing Consultant/Resident Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2016
Good product, but they need to work on management style and not be so clique.
Very corporate in the way you are treated (as a number one day you're in, the next, your out the door.)
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great atmosphere!
Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
Manage staff and assist with work orders and turns. Organize schedules and assign work activity. Drywall and carpentry experience. Evaluate problematic systems/facilities. Determine what installation and repair services are needed to be performed. Conduct follow ups with residents.
Great Entry Level Office job
Equity Residential (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 8, 2016
office skills and customer service skills and light accounting. managing the property and providing great service to customers. marketing the homes and listings.
Encouraging, supportive and structured environment.
Residential Financial Specialist Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2016
Ability to work independently with set deadlines and teammates that are always there to help when workload is busier than normal made for productive days. We were encouraged to question authority and present ideas to make processes easier and more thorough. Management always had an "open door" policy and were helpful when it came to the difficult times of being able to relay changes to company policy to Community Managers. The company had a 1/4% workforce reduction due to sales of properties at which time I was laid off
Pros
Benefits and anual bonus
Cons
The lay off
They teach me a lot of things.
Service Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
I learned a lot like painting, plastering, shampoo and I learn how to work with co-workers how to manage a property on every unit. I like to work with them they friendly workers.
Caring, fun, and stable
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 23, 2016
Every morning I come in, clock in, Then check my zones. Each team member is assigned a floor. I was assigned the 3rd floor . Since we have 2 buildings i check each floor every other day; sweep, check light bulbs, brush away spiders. Get assigned an apartment, take out key from key track, got to apartment do a right to left walk. Make sure lights work, check for holes, make sure appliances are working, and check for anything else that is damaged. I would repair all holes, paint walls, replace anything broken, sometimes appliances need to be replaced. Everyday i learn something new about HVAC, learning how to replace of fix the ice makers, Finding new reasons of why refrigerators wont work or that they leak. My coworkers are very mindful and helpful they have taught me everything i needed to know and when i come up with a new problem they show me how to fix it for the next time i come up with the problem. The hardest part of the job would be during the winter time and pipes freeze up there are a lot of pipe bursts and when you are by yourself can be a lot of work.
I enjoy every bit of my job.
Pros
paid holidays off, paid sick leave
Cons
the location and weather because we've gotten 30 inches of snow in 3 days.
Daily
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
The property was a busy property and I enjoyed meeting the prospects. I have learned a lot about the Real Estate business and see my future in this area.
productive and good company to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Overall working for equality was an good company until another company bought them out. So I'm hoping to find another company like this one to growth and development in.
Typical experience
Leasing Consultant December (Current Employee) –  Boston Hollow, CTJanuary 11, 2016
typical corporation. they say they care about the hourly employees yet they don't give them the opportunity to advance. They will hire someone outside the company, poorly train them and through them out there. Expect to be doing all the work while management sits back.
exceptioal work place
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 7, 2016
Incredible place to work I truly love working here. Great people environment. Great supervisor lovely employers from leasing to concierge to maintenance.
Pros
everything
Cons
I don't work full time
Productive fast paced service oriented business
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 28, 2015
My overall experience has been very positive. I have learned many facets of the entire industry, I seek results through commitment. I cultivate my team to ensure growth and success in the operation. I enjoy that everyday is different and a fast paced working environment. When you think like owner, you have the opportunity for advancement and the company will take care of you.
Pros
Other properties help each other it is a working family enironment
Cons
Work life balance
One Team
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
Look forward to my next journey, sharing the knowledge, think like an owner, one team attitude Equity Residential has installed in me after 16 years of committed service.

This job was my first job in USA and not to be associated with my career.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CANovember 5, 2015
I loved working with my immediate Manager who imparted his technical Skills and good customer relations with our occupants.
Pros
My manager was also a hands on . Working with him made the job easy.
Cons
They fired my Manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equity Residential. Our community is ready to answer.