Pros: good benefits, good pay, good hours
Cons: budgets (for supplies and parts), relocation
- A typical day at work would be seeing if there are any move-ins for that day so I can make keys and re-key the vacant apartment. Then respond to any priority service request. After, work on turns with vacant apartments such as painting, carpentry, electrical, appliance repair/replacement.
- I learn everyday. I time myself and see how long it takes for me to finish a certain task. The next time I do that same task, I try and beat it by learning how to do it more efficiently but also in a timely manner.
- Management/co-workers. Communication and teamwork. If you communicate with your team and are always on the same page, it makes it easier for everybody to get through the day. It also makes work more fun because everyone is helping each other out making it easier for everybody. Work smarter, not harder.
- I would say the most hardest part of my job would be not being able to complete a certain task due to not having the part and having the resident disappointed because the job was not finished when expected. I don't like to let people down and customer service is key in any industry. If the resident is not happy then that means I am not doing my job.
- The most enjoyable part of my day would actually be completing the task that I started. Nothing feels better the accomplishment.