Equity Residential

Equity Residential Employer Reviews

Nice place to work and fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Work for Equity since I moved here in 2003 and learned alot and grow was able to trian people and watch them grow in the company.
A good job with great benefits and work environment
Managed Resident (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay and great benefits
Cons: on call duty was hectic at times
I worked as a maintenance technician and was responsible for apartment turnover. I also took routine service requests and on call duty.
Very Educational in the Property Management
Health & Welfare Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Downtown ChicagoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k plans, paid vacation and sick time
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed my job with Equity Residential for a wide varity of reason,
able to travel to explain benefits in spanish to fellow employees working in the southern parts of the states, whom were not under our health and welfare plans. Felt appreciated when I was able to help my fellow employees get their personnal claims paid from whatever health insurance plan they picked. I learn about many different Health Plan and there persentages of coverage. The company was very appreciating to there employees. I had to leave this great company because I had a premature child that needed her mother full time.
Okay Place to Work
Sr. Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Largo, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: pay is not so well.
The management is not the best and the job culture and structure suffers because of this matter.
nice place at first..
service tech. (Former Employee), ranchoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: nice manager ..she taught me alot..
People come and go ...often ...from employees to residents...lots of things to do in very little time given by management.. supervisors I counted five in on year.. all different visions.. and ways to do things.. at that property.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Capitol Heights MdAugust 21, 2014
Pros: love dealing with people
Cons: short breaks
I was responsible for Prospect Trafficking, Outreach Programs, Move-ins, Apartment Inspections, Residential Notices, Residential Maintenance Requests and Etc. The Challenging Term of the job was the inexperience to the skill set, My most enjoyable part of the job was everything I loved everything once you get the knowledge of things
Leasing apartment homes at a community I came to love.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 15, 2014
Equity Residential was a great company to work for. In particular, I came to love the community and residents of the community that I worked at. Retaining those residents gave me great joy, and I believe that my confidence in the community, apartment homes and surrounding area helped me greatly in leasing to prospective residents.
Great
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2014
Great education provided that has laid the foundation for me to progress forward in my career.
One of my best experience
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: everithing
Great place to work. Company care about employed and make sure we enjoy work with this company.
Respect, team work, care etc etc is just great.
Started out great, ending up man vs man.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJuly 9, 2014
Equity Residential used to be a great company to work for. Now that it is exiting Orlando it has turned into man vs man to keep your job. Which isn't including the dishonest people in management who are constantly manipulating to keep their butts safe. I learned everything I know at Equity and Equity has helped me truly excel at my job. Management honestly is a joke, RM's are completely disconnected from the real life of each property. The Community Manager is the biggest con-artist of them all who lies with a straight face right in front of you and lies to your RM. I wouldn't recommend working for Equity right now.
Productive and fun
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 28, 2014
Working for the Dr. I learned additional skills and was able to advance my knowledge.
Good Company but poor Management
Lead service Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee), San JoseMay 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: upper management is horrible
The work itself is easy and fun,the only thing that sucks is the management team themselves,especially the manager that I worked for.She had terrible people skills and had a major chip on her shoulder.The worst part is they promote people that should not be in management positions and upper management doesn't care.If they had better managers and better district managers this place would be an awesome place to work.
Opportunities galore
Community Manager - High Rise (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2014
Pros: opportunities for promotion, transfers within market or from state to state, great assets
Cons: corporate structure results in delayed decision making
Property management is an industry with a decent amount of turn over and Equity Residential is always ready to promote from within.
Outstanding company to work for
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Southwestern USMay 13, 2014
Have enjoyed working for this forward thinking REIT for over 16 years. The culture is wonderful and opportunities for growth are abundant.
Good environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 19, 2014
Pros: no dress code
Cons: very little work/life balance
Good work environment, learn a lot on your own, not a lot of training provided. Fair management
Nice location
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 17, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Grounds, hvac repairs, general repairs. Staff was kept at a minimal which impacted ability to properly server residents.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Tech I (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay, good hours
Cons: budgets (for supplies and parts), relocation
- A typical day at work would be seeing if there are any move-ins for that day so I can make keys and re-key the vacant apartment. Then respond to any priority service request. After, work on turns with vacant apartments such as painting, carpentry, electrical, appliance repair/replacement.

- I learn everyday. I time myself and see how long it takes for me to finish a certain task. The next time I do that same task, I try and beat it by learning how to do it more efficiently but also in a timely manner.

- Management/co-workers. Communication and teamwork. If you communicate with your team and are always on the same page, it makes it easier for everybody to get through the day. It also makes work more fun because everyone is helping each other out making it easier for everybody. Work smarter, not harder.

- I would say the most hardest part of my job would be not being able to complete a certain task due to not having the part and having the resident disappointed because the job was not finished when expected. I don't like to let people down and customer service is key in any industry. If the resident is not happy then that means I am not doing my job.

- The most enjoyable part of my day would actually be completing the task that I started. Nothing feels better the accomplishment.
great place to wrok
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 24, 2014
Enjoyed working with numbers. Company offered job advancement and training opportunities.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Performed hands-on maintenance of apartment community. Duties included overall inspection, repair and preventive maintenance of apartments and other interior/exterior areas. Supervised and delegated work for the maintenance department staff. Worked with the Property Manager to maintain a budget for the most cost effective practices. Provided training and development for
New challenges daily
Service Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAFebruary 3, 2014
Each day is an opportunity to learn new ways to do daily task.

About Equity Residential

Equity Residential owns, builds and operates high-quality apartment communities in places – like New York City, Boston, – Read more