Equity Residential

Equity Residential Employee Reviews

Neighborhood coordinator
Neighborhood Coordinator (Former Employee) –  JBLMJuly 12, 2015
I enjoy working for this company, but the pay is not very good. The benefits are great as is the work/life balance. There is room to move around but there are only so many positions to move up in and Equity has many talented people. The good news is, work at JBLM and if you move to another state you can almost find work working at another Equity property.
Pros
Good work/life atmosphere, love serving our service members
Cons
Low pay, some managers do not have good people skills
To many friends not enough focus
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 11, 2015
This place needs to focus more on the customer instead of the stock holders. Need the right leaders in the right positions.
Good Company
Service technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2015
It is a good company I just started in the wrong location. The day started beautifully until some one started insult residents because he has hand over. I learned to be quiet and said I am excellent management has the last word whoever you said can be used against you. There some professional coworkers that you enjoy working with them. If you want to apply for this company due in a big property.
Pros
Extra pay day for snow removal.
Cons
Too much traveling, bad way to review scores to pay bonuses.
Luxury and ever lasting memories at my work place.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be communicating and providing luxury service to my residents. My job requires us to provide excellence in security for a billion dollar property. I have been working at this property since 2008 as a temp. In October 2011 I was offered a full-time job as a concierge. The hardest part of this job is watching the residents move-out who truly made an impact on your life. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a prospect signs the lease. Seeing how excited they are makes me happy. And knowing that I get partial credit for that is the best feeling ever.
Great management to work for
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  JBLMJune 27, 2015
Not to mention the Benefits and other perks of the job. Really hard to explain unless you have worked there. Just wish the pay was a bit better.
Pros
Lots of paid time off and very family oriented
Cons
Pay
Equity Residential makes it possible to advance in your career.
Property Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 25, 2015
My favorite thing about Equity Residential is the investment they put in their people. There are many opportunities to advance oneself and they encourage and support you to grown professionally.
Productive and educational
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJune 20, 2015
typical day at equity was servey apartments and inspect before new move in.
what is required before moving into an apartment to be repaired is what i learned
management was supportive and instructional
my co worker were helpful and willing to share ideas.
being able to redirect residents on difficult situations throughout the large property was the hardest part of the job.
seeing the finish product knowing someone wanting to live in the apartment that i worked on.
Pros
bonuses, staff picnics
Cons
working on very tight budgets.
Equity Residential
Community Manager, High Rise (Current Employee) –  NJ, NYJune 10, 2015
The company provides good training and the work life balance is great. The cons however, outweigh the pros. Upper management is focused on the bottom line and the employees and tenants are most affected by their policies.
Pros
Work life balance; good hours
Cons
All about the bottom line at the expense of its employees and residents
Amazing job if you like constantly talking with people
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2015
I enjoy it here. No collection challenges. Residents are quite pleasant. I would like it if additional training was offered on the community level. Overall it's a great opportunity.
Work culture is diverse and transparent
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 18, 2015
My manager and coworkers are pretty awesome day in and day out. The maintenance staff is very easygoing. Everyone works hard and understands their job. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the different attitudes that resident bring to the leasing office. The good part about this job that if you make a mistake, it could fixed 90% of the time.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, Limitless opportunities, Good benefits
Cons
Time restricted
leader in the industry
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 17, 2015
Very nice company to work for. was proud to be a part of the company.W as able to use my expertise to the fullest. for the right Position I would return.
this was a great company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
training-marketing with other community was great, work hours was long and resident enjoyed personal touch that staff provided on monthly bases. We put together a weekly news letter and offered resident breakfast on the go-pool parties-car wash and company offered online payment-resident referral program.
Pros
resident newsletter and continues training
Cons
personal time off
Productive and successful environment
service technician (Current Employee) –  101 west end avenueMarch 28, 2015
I have gained a lot of experience on resolving problems and organizing projects with managers and co-workers. I have also gain confidentiality within myself. I would have to say that the hardest part of job is having to work on my own; but, I have managed myself to complete my duties. I would say that the most enjoyable part of my current job is seeing the looks on the residents' faces when I have completed a job.
I enjoyed trianing others.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
I had the chance to maintenace from various people as well different classes that were availaible to the employees on a annual basis.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
on call duties
Excellent workplace to learn about Residential Communities
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Excellent workplace to learn about Residential Communities, the ends and outs of property management, payroll and providing good sound customer service to determine the issue surrounding an employee pay in regards to taxes, hours paid and medical benefits.
This place has its family fun moments
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 23, 2015
I feel that this place (the Augusta Office) can be so much better. The management needs to separate personal relationships with co-workers in the workplace. I feel if you stand up for something, its mends to get let go. There are some good moments within this company but it is very far in between. There are a lot of assumptions within this place without proper findings of what a person is said to be doing or not doing. Discrimination is within this work place. You are not paid by the work you do unless you have an outside relationship with the managers. The company does have company outings and lunches for the employees which is great but it does not make it a happy place to be once you have to go back to work. It is a lot of back stabbing within this office and people are not being held accountable for the job they are supposed to do, meaning jobs are pushed off on someone else who is not under that title and being blamed for something that is out of their control.
Great Place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2015
EQR is a great place to start your career.
Life/work balance is truly balanced.
Great team building exercises and seminars.
My supervisor was the best I had in my career.
Only drawback was the salary, they pay a little under market rates for New York.
Pros
work/life balance, management, company culture
Cons
salary was below market rate
Good company to work for.
Maintenance Engineer - (current) (Current Employee) –  seattle,wa.February 26, 2015
This is a good company to work for. Had a great time when I worked there. The owners and coworkers were good people.I unboxed and set up appliances and delivered them.
Maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Working with a team, maintaining and repairing apartments required repairs to insure residence are happy. preparing maintenance and painting for new move in residence. I learned all aspects and responsibility as a maintenance tech working with outside contractors minor electric and plumbing repairs. On call outside of work hours. the hardest part of the job snow removal during winter months. My co workers were all good people. the best part of the job was meeting different people from all walks of life
Pros
learned alot
Cons
snow removal
Decent work place with somewhat limited interaction with management
concierge (Former Employee) –  50 stainford st. bostonFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work included assisting patients with locating thier doctors offices and securing their transportation. It was a largely isolated workplace. I only really interacted with management when I was acting as a go-between with the tenants. The hardest part of the job was providing security for the location. The most enjoyable part was assisting patients with their needs.