Equity Residential Employee Reviews

lot of fun with vitality
Construction Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 31, 2017
very competitive company, you can use your knowledge and you can learn a lot of the new technology. Management are very helpful. This company has a very good workplace culture. You have to do your job but you get recognize for it
Pros
discount in some hotels, etc
June 19, 2017

We truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our management teams and celebrate our company culture - thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

fun place
Building Maintenance Repairer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 30, 2017
frequent meeting so we can all meet and discuss the way forward. the company offer outings and parties for all employees. they pay you for that time also. they also offer holiday bonus
June 19, 2017

Your comments support one of our 10 Ways: Enjoy the Ride! We are always looking for ways to recognize the hard working employees of Equity Residential and “keep fun on the agenda.” Thank you for taking the time to share!

Internship
Investments Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2017
Excellent office environment and a wonderful place to learn over the course of a summer. I was able to get right into the work and ask questions as needed but I was treated as a member of the team.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Remote HQ location
June 19, 2017

We’re so delighted to hear about your positive intern experience with Equity Residential! Our interns are valued members of our team and we appreciate you taking the time to reinforce our company culture of inclusiveness. Best wishes to you!

Equity
Community Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
Equity Residential gave life balance, training was everyday, management listened, you were challenged every day in a good way. Always a One Team attitude!
Pros
All around amazing company
Cons
they sold out of Denver
June 5, 2017

Thank you for reinforcing our One Team mentality! We appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback. Thank you again, and best wishes!

Productive and fast paced
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2017
Equity was great to place to work, however they sold the property I was working at and turned them into Condos. I then accepted employment with AIMCO.
May 22, 2017

We’re so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with Equity! Thank you for your service and for all of your help during the sale of your community. We wish you the best of luck!

I loved the discipline you learn working For Equity Residential. Structure was key. This is where i learned the value of being organized.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2017
Equity Residential gave me my 1st opportunity to venture into the Property Management Industry. I was placed in an office in the south end of Atlanta. That was well over 10 years ago and I remembered it so well. everything is very fresh in my mind. The Manager was Cadja and my files had to be in proper order. there was no signing off on a file that was not in the proper order. I quickly learned how to be meticulous. That stay with me in every company thereafter. Still, I place tremendous value on being organized. I dressed up in my professional attire each day and still i had to clean the toilets and the vacant if it was needed. I never complained. I like to clean. I had to transfer all info from a guest card into the computer system each day for. I maintained data and review them daily to follow up with prospects daily. all while touring, taking classes, cleaning, organizing, and planning. It was very good training.
Pros
Their training was very serious training. .
Cons
Advancement was not even discussed. I was never encouraged to move up.
May 22, 2017

What a great memory you have! We’re so pleased to hear that you’ve been able to apply skills that you developed during your tenure with Equity to your everyday life; things like organization, teamwork, and customer service never go out of style! While we’ve continued to make advancements regarding our in-house training programs over the last 10 years, one things that remains a constant is that we encourage employees to take the initiative to speak up when promotion opportunities arise. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have an opportunity to advance during your time with Equity, however hope that you’ve experienced - and will continue to experience - many successes along your way. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

Productive and Fun Workplace
Sr. Residential Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2017
Equity Residential has always provided me great opportunity and the ability to be myself. I have always enjoyed working with them. I have the ability to do my job while still taking the time to have fun and focus on my family. The hardest part of my job is having to oversee a number of employees at one time while still maintaining a professional and fun relationship with each person. I enjoy our culture very much.
May 5, 2017

Hello, and thank you so much for your great comments! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our culture - one that allows you to grow, to be your authentic self, and to enjoy a healthy work-life balance. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of the challenges that come with your role, and we are grateful for your commitment to leading your team in a professional and efficient yet fun and personalized way. Keep up the great work, and we will keep striving to make it easy for you to enjoy the ride!

Large company with good opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Equity Residential. I enjoyed leasing apartments and working with the residents and other coworkers. The thing I liked most about this job was meeting new potential residents.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with maintenance requests. Customer service is essential with scheduling repairs and on-site issues but keeping the clients happy is the priority.
May 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing some of the highlights from your time with Equity! Your passion for helping our customers find the right home is truly appreciated. We take pride in our commitment to address service requests in a timely manner and so thank you for understanding the importance of delivering exceptional customer service at all times. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts - we wish you the best of luck!

Offered a challenging environment that grew their employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2017
Offered excellent training and really took care of their employees. I worked with them for 14 years starting as a leasing consultant to a Property Manager.
May 5, 2017

14 years of service - that’s fantastic! We’re delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience during your tenure with Equity, and that you were able to accomplish so much during that timespan!

Equity Residential
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2017
Equity Residential has an overall great idea for culture and benefits and ways to treat their employees. But not everyone follows those guidelines. The best part of the job is the team that you work with. They are a batch of extraordinary people who make you feel like family. However, sometimes the upper management can lose their way.
Pros
Rent Discount, Benefits, Commision
Cons
Long hours, Low live work balance
May 5, 2017

We couldn’t agree more with your comments surrounding Equity’s culture and the extraordinary people who make up our teams. We strive to offer benefits that support a positive work-life balance, including paid time off, service anniversary days, and community service days. Please feel free to contact your Regional Manager or HR Representative if you would like to share additional details surrounding your experience with Equity. Thank you!

Great Experience
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
I am so fortunate to work in a region with a community manager that has faith in my work ethic. I love going to work each day and being presented with something new each day.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
commission structure and pay could be better
May 5, 2017

And Equity is so fortunate for your feedback; it sounds like you’re really enjoying the ride! We also felt that it was time to revisit our commission structure and as a result, we were able to roll out a new commission policy earlier this year to reward sales performance. If you have any questions about our new policy or how leasing commissions are earned, please know that you’re always welcome to contact your Community Manager, Regional Manager, or Human Resources representative. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

excellent position
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 3, 2017
great company to work for. There was a lot of room for growth in terms of a career path and they made training available for those who wished to continue career paths with the company
April 9, 2017

Hi there - and thanks so much for your great comments! We’re so happy that you enjoyed working with Equity, and that you benefited from the training and growth that accompanied your Leasing Consultant role. We hope you will continue to remember your time with us fondly, and that our paths will cross again. Thank you again, and best wishes!

General overview of my experiance as a night concierge.
Night Concierge (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2017
Residents are the best in the majority.
However when applying for the position and what the position actually included where pretty different. Your asked to be prepared to do light maintenace, how ever there is a maintenance team so you never have to actually do light maintenance. You do however have to be prepared to deal with larger things. Like elevator outages and floods being most common.
Security is not 24 hour so you will have to do security type stuff. Your in the middle of downtown so there are a lot of homeless and transients to deal with.
Working the over night was the shift people took way more advantage of. Someone can't cover time during the day, they want you to come in earlier and your shift was already 12 hours to begin with.
Pros
Benefits and hours that you can use are significant
Cons
Very much a boys club. Felt forgotten by management a lot.
April 9, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and bringing up some of the challenges of your former role as a Concierge. We recognize that there are many responsibilities that go beyond the basics of your job description for any position in this industry! Our Concierge team members are truly the face of the company; you make the first impression on our customers and build lasting relationships with them, so it is important to us to find professionals who are passionate about going the extra mile and delivering excellent customer service. Thank you for doing just that when you were here, and we regret that you did not always feel supported or appreciated. We thank you for your time with us and for your feedback, and we wish you well!

Great employer
Maintenance Technician/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2017
Enjoyed working here, steady hours and raises yearly along with incentive programs and bonus' to help you feel appreciated and part of the team. The hardest part of the job was 4AM snow removal. The best part of the job was interacting with fellow team members, office staff and residents.
Pros
appreciation for work quality
Cons
snow removal
April 9, 2017

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your great review! We love hearing that you felt connected to your team and appreciated. As a Maintenance Technician, you held one of the most critical positions in our company, and we cannot thank you enough for your hard work. Thank you again, and best of luck to you!

Enjoyable Workploace, Good Benefits, Good Work Envoronment
Capital Projects Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMarch 22, 2017
Equity is an excellent company to work for with good benefits. Although a large company that has numerous employees, policies are in place and adhered to. As with all large companies sometimes you feel like a small fish in a large pond.
Pros
Pleasant workplace, recognition, stock options, 401k
Cons
Lost in shuffle, small fish in large pond
April 9, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Despite our large size, we will continue to make every effort to ensure that employees are recognized for individual contributions, and that don’t feel lost in the shuffle. Thank you for the insight, and we wish you the best!

Great company!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 19, 2017
Equity has been by far the best company I have worked for. You are valued as an employee it really is one team and the value and training they put into there employees is incomparable to other property management companies.

Ps. Come back to Denver!!!
April 9, 2017

Wow - thanks so much for the great compliment! We are thrilled to hear that you felt prepared by the training you received here, and most importantly, that you knew how much you were valued. We’re sorry that our time together had to end when we left Denver last year - we would love for you to re-join our team if you ever consider relocating! In the meantime, we wish you all the best.

decent place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2017
good benefits and you feel valued as an employee. Only gripe is about compensation (people with no experience starting off making more money than me with years of experience).
March 17, 2017

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We do our best to apply consistency and fairness to our compensation practices by consistently reviewing our ranges, and making adjustments accordingly in order to adapt to the changing job market and increasingly competitive conditions in our industry. If you feel your salary is not appropriate for your level of experience, we strongly encourage you to initiate a conversation with your manager, and/or a member of your local Human Resources or Recruiting department. We hope that by doing so, you can obtain a better understanding of how compensation is determined; while we cannot make a guarantee here without knowing more about your specific situation, we can assure you that your concern will at least be heard and considered. Thank you again for your review - we hope you continue to feel valued here!

Overall experience
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2017
Equity Residential is a really great company to work for. The only thing is they don't have many positions that fit my skill set.
Pros
No Stress at work place
Cons
No room for overtime and better health insurance option needed
March 5, 2017

Thanks so much for your review, and we are glad to hear that you enjoy working with us! If you would like to learn more about available opportunities within the company, please contact one of your DC Recruiters — we would love to talk about your skill set and how it might apply to other roles!

jobs ok
Handyman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2017
everyday is a challenge with different problem
must know how to think fast to repair situation job environment
is good. work place is friendly
March 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Equity. We agree with your comments about our friendly atmosphere and the challenges of our industry, but we are sorry to see your overall rating of the company is not higher. We welcome you to reach out to a member of your local leadership team, or a Human Resources representative to discuss any concerns or suggestions.

Great team to work for
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDFebruary 23, 2017
Management changed too often and it was hard to establish a relationship with them. However, our team helped for me to perform my job. We mostly fixed a lot of plumbing problems for residents.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No opportunity to advance to new position
March 4, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for your great review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your team and the challenging yet rewarding work of your maintenance position. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel you were able to advance with us. You may or may not be aware that we have recently introduced a career development program called Accelerate, which prepares high-performing maintenance and sales employees for future leadership roles. We have been proud to promote many of our Accelerate graduates within a year of their completion of the program, and we look forward to many more career success stories. We hope you will continue rejoining our team one day, so please reach out to Alice or Jamie in the DC recruiting department if you are interested in coming back to us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equity Residential. Our community is ready to answer.