Equity Staffing Group Employee Reviews

Great company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my job and would be willing to do another one like this and possibly move to a permanent position. Great company and great people to work with.l
Pros
Great company
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2017
Equity Staffing is a good company. The only bad thing is they aren't in AZ. I couldn't go in to discuss issues or problems I might have had. They didn't have a toll free number.
Referral Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112July 11, 2017
They set me up with a great place to work UHC. There was very nice employee and management there. I would recommend this staffing coming to my friends.
Don't work there
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJune 19, 2017
Do not work there. Terrible management, leadership, accountability, not one positive thing came from it. Their leadership had no direction and no one was able to have an outside life.
Cons
vert poor and unorganized place to work.
Recouped clerks (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
I worked for Equity Staffing at United Health and the job was very slow and not productive. We had to wait until noon to get our information to start work. It was very unproductive work and I complained to the person who hired me and he did nothing to remedy the situation.
Pros
Cons
very poor place to work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 18, 2017
Would work for them again if I had the opportunity. They are a good reasonable company. Great pay and great staff. I worked with them thru a temp service
Staffing Agency
Senior Customer Service Representative CSO (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 11, 2016
They are okay. Once your assignment is up they don't follow-up or see what they can do for you for any future assignments.
Stay away from this Company
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHOctober 21, 2015
Equity have to be the WORST recruiters I have ever worked with.
1) They underpay by a minimum of $2.00 per hour compared to other recruiters for the same job.
2) They promise you a start date, then actually get you the position starting 3-4 weeks later than offered.
3) They never know what time you are starting or the exact location until the day before you actually start.
4) The recruiter does not have any information on their payroll system.
5) They lie - they told me a position was temp to hire for 6 months when in fact it was 4 months temporary only.
6) They tell you one thing on the phone and another in writing and they do not honor what they put in writing.
7) They do not read emails you send them. They read the first line and ignore everything else.
The WORST company I have every worked for
PM (Former Employee) –  USAApril 9, 2015
I've been a contractor for years and was placed by Equity Staffing at a major US corporation. Working with Equity Staffing was ALWAYS a struggle. I have NEVER had anyone answer the phone at their HQ office in Denver. Any time I called, I had to leave a message and then follow up again a few days later via email asking for someone to get back to me. I have many emails to back up my claims. The last straw was/is happening now. They have held up my background check for a job for over 2 weeks now. They will not get back to the vendor. They are great as long as you don't have to contact their office for anything.
If you search for them online, you cannot find any info about their management team. I guess they are in hiding with their employees too.
Pros
I left
Cons
Non existent support for their contractors... the people that make them money.
Productive workplace and workout room
Electronic claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 6, 2013
A lot of claims to process in a typical work day. I learned it was a lot to learn with medical claims. My co-workers were very helpful to get me on the right track. The hardest part was learning so much procedures to medical claims and not to make so many mistakes in processing them. I enjoyed doing a variety of jobs that were presented to me at the time. I was a learning experience I enjoyed doing.
Pros
Breaks, Luncheons, free coffee, cocoa, and tea
Cons
temp job
A/R Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk-Optum RX (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 21, 2013
Enter balance dues & balanced all transactions from statements and invoices.
•Update patient accounts that have open payments
• Research and resolve all issues of concern with timely follow through.
• Worked on DAC project to get orders set up in the IRIS system.
Pros
hours, relaxed atmosphere, busy all day long
Cons
salary
Productive and great workplace
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GaJanuary 18, 2012
I started at Equity Group as a production line worker. Then I moved up to quality control employee. Then I moved up to quality control supervisor over nightshift. I guess what I am trying to say that when I worked at Equity Group I learned many skills and had a chance to advance myself many times.
Pros
got to advance and move up, learned many skills
Cons
wet and cold in certain departments, and hot in some