Equity Trust Company Employee Reviews in United States

Bittersweet
Client Service Representative - Liaison (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 12, 2016
This company prepared me to build my retirement and create long term retirement wealth. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Cons
Compensation
Great Company to work for
Public Investments (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 23, 2015
It is a great company to work for. They value there staff and there is always room to advance. They always make work a fun and enjoyable place.
Interesting and diverse
Investment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 13, 2015
Diverse place to work. Challenging and changing industry. Constantly learning and growing not only as an employee but in industry knowledge.
had fun working there plenty of cook outs
Warehouse/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 19, 2015
warehouse duties scanning products in and out of systems for clients also maintain the building sweep mop every now and then load and unload trucks,co workers easy to get along with nothing hard about the job the most enjoyable part of the job was setting up for cook out I was only part time till three quarters of the employes were laid off including myself only worked there six to eight months.
Horrid company to work for
Agent (Former Employee) –  WestlakeMay 12, 2015
This used to be a good company to work for, yes processing took longer than it should, the annual fees were super high and clients always unhappy but the employees were a family. Now there is no director of HR, no COO, Manager of CST quit, all middle management is jumping ship... firings like crazy and no room for advancement... No idea what is happening with this company but I bet it won't be there in a year... clients are taking their business elsewhere...
Pros
free massages
Cons
pay is bad, food is expensive
Good company
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 27, 2015
Each individual worker has assigned duties for the day which they would complete in a timely manner along with completing training to be able to move smoothly through dept. and help in all aspects.
Customer Service Representative
o Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berea, OhioMarch 19, 2015
Equity Trust was going through a growing period when I was there. I don't feel my review would be accurate. I'm sure many things have changed since I was there.
So So
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 17, 2015
This company seems to be working in a backwards fashion. Nice new building with a gym and cafeteria. Executive turnover is big as is management.
Unique Work Place
Senior Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 11, 2015
This was my first time working in the logistics field and I learned a lot about shipping, freight and warehouse management. This was a global company that provided the materials to make our life as we know it "digital".
Pros
learning logistics
Cons
failed customer request
This place is a chaotic disaster and its management has no regard for any employee!!
Operations. (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 7, 2015
WORK ELSEWHERE!!! FLIP BURGERS IF YOU HAVE TO!! STAY AWAY FROM EQUITY TRUST COMPANY!! This place is a revolving door; the management doesn't care for the employees, the training is terrible and needs a makeover, the 'new facility' is falling apart, and HR is a constant mess. A good 'ol boys club is right. Higher ups (98% or more of which is men) are prevented, and their behavior is borderline harassment. You're always on eggshells, and forever watching your back. The management isn't there to help you. They're there to criticize and cut you down. Save yourself the trouble, anxiety, and medical costs and GO SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE ELSE.
Pros
subpar gym onsite.
Cons
everything...literally, everything else.
HR has created a toxic work environment
Investment Customer Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2015
I found that all I did everyday was 'fix errors' by other departments for our clients. Unfortunately those causing the errors never seemed to be admonished enough to resolve the problem. We had to use old equipment that broke down on a weekly basis, thus making it necessary to spend alot of our time walking around the floor or to other floors trying to locate one that was still working, then usually have to stand in line. We were then criticized for too much time away from our phones! No matter how hard you tried, you were constantly harassed by HR or managers that had no idea about our job issues as they didn't care. All we ever heard from them at most was, "We're working on that", but it never got fixed. Therefore they put you in a no win situation. The best part of the job was when you were able to resolve the issues for clients in spite of the bad service on the part of other employees. I would suggest to anyone looking for a company that appreciates your good work ethics to GO ELSEWHERE!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unethical work practices
Fast growing self directed IRA Company
Investment Processor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OhioDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at Equity Trust Company, I was first hired after a 6 week training period where I learned to work in a call center answering questions about Self Directed IRA's and assisted clients with their questions about current investments that they were making. The Company is privately owned so there is a sense of family there and I developed respect and good working relationships with my fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was moving from positions and departments where I felt comfortable and knowledgeable to different departments as time and the ever changing business denoted. I was a team player and moved where needed as needed.
Nice building
Email Specialist, Mail Room, Document Management (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 4, 2014
Take incoming calls from clients, Send emails to clients, help clients open accounts, scan documents into clients accounts, help clients with investments, inform clients of corrections that need to be made in their account, make sure incoming cash is deposited into the correct accounts.
Pros
company gets taken to indians games
Cons
favortism
Good company to work for but watch out for layoffs.
**** (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 30, 2014
This was a promising company to work for; I planned to retire from this business. I gave my heart and sole each day but it wasn't enough. They say they want value added employees, but when they have one they don't know what to do except to lay them off.

The people are friendly for a lifetime. This place can definitely become a second home.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
watch out for layoffs
Old Boys Club
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 22, 2014
This company is a privately owned & operated company that truly conducts business like an old boys club. A typical day at work involved putting out fires from other co-workers mistakes & constantly spinning things to make clients and other business relationships feel better. Many of the managers great ideas in terms of improving the business but were stifled by the owners & upper management. The phrase too many cooks in the kitchen also comes to mind as they had way too many decision makers with conflicting ideas. Co-workers were great & it was a family atmosphere but everyone had the mutual frustration over the company & all the mistakes, inefficiencies that really bonded them together. The most difficult part of the job was simply being able to do it efficiently due to all of the roadblocks & antiquated systems but the most enjoyable part was when you actually were able to help the clients & make a difference. Ultimately they just "down sized" and multiple employees lost their jobs but this after they spent over $10 million dollars to remodel a new world headquarters & purchased another company. It is also my experience that they have some pretty unethical business practices when it comes to harassment and other human resource related items.
Pros
nice building, work out facility, etc.
Cons
unethical business practices
No advancment
Client Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 4, 2014
There is no advancement or opportunity to grow with ETC. In customer service you take calls daily from clients that do not understand self-directed and ETC doesn't offer advice or guidance because they're a passive custodian. Co workers are great but upper management doesn't listen to employees regarding issues.
not what i expected
Outbound Investment Liaison (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 3, 2014
a typical day is spent with my headset on
i learned patience
management was unresponsive
co-workers where tolerable
hardest part was trying to care
most enjoyable part was going to the fitness center after work
Pros
fitness center and food on site
Cons
careless handling of original documents, required overtime, changes in company culture
High standards
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 18, 2013
This was one of my first actual real jobs where I was able to learn the process of IRA accounts. It taught me how to work fast and efficient. The company has a great human resource department which made sure its employees were happy and satisfied. I learned to type faster, multitask, work on new procedures, and be more attentive to little details. The only reason I had to quit this job was because it conflicted with my school schedule. Being in a Masters program was by itself a work load plus classes were only offered at a specific time of the day, therefore I had no choice but to go for my degree.
Pros
fun environment with lots of activities and awards
Cons
long commute, low salary
good place to work
Outbound Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 19, 2013
the supervisors were available for any questions that you might have, it is a very pleasurable place to work
Equity Trust
Operations Associate II (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 11, 2013
Equity Trust is a company who is on a grand scheme of companies a large company with a small company mentality. This company is growing and expanding by leaps and bounds.

2.9