Equity Trust Company

Equity Trust Company Employer Reviews

Customer Service Representative
o Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Berea, OhioMarch 19, 2015
Equity Trust was going through a growing period when I was there. I don't feel my review would be accurate. I'm sure many things have changed since I was there.
Unique Work Place
Senior Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Elyria, OHFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: learning logistics
Cons: failed customer request
This was my first time working in the logistics field and I learned a lot about shipping, freight and warehouse management. This was a global company that provided the materials to make our life as we know it "digital".
This place is a chaotic disaster and its management has no regard for any employee!!
Operations. (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: subpar gym onsite.
Cons: everything...literally, everything else.
WORK ELSEWHERE!!! FLIP BURGERS IF YOU HAVE TO!! STAY AWAY FROM EQUITY TRUST COMPANY!! This place is a revolving door; the management doesn't care for the employees, the training is terrible and needs a makeover, the 'new facility' is falling apart, and HR is a constant mess. A good 'ol boys club is right. Higher ups (98% or more of which is men) are prevented, and their behavior is borderline harassment. You're always on eggshells, and forever watching your back. The management isn't there to help you. They're there to criticize and cut you down. Save yourself the trouble, anxiety, and medical costs and GO SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE ELSE.
HR has created a toxic work environment
Investment Customer Service Liaison (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unethical work practices
I found that all I did everyday was 'fix errors' by other departments for our clients. Unfortunately those causing the errors never seemed to be admonished enough to resolve the problem. We had to use old equipment that broke down on a weekly basis, thus making it necessary to spend alot of our time walking around the floor or to other floors trying to locate one that was still working, then usually have to stand in line. We were then criticized for too much time away from our phones! No matter how hard you tried, you were constantly harassed by HR or managers that had no idea about our job issues as they didn't care. All we ever heard from them at most was, "We're working on that", but it never got fixed. Therefore they put you in a no win situation. The best part of the job was when you were able to resolve the issues for clients in spite of the bad service on the part of other employees. I would suggest to anyone looking for a company that appreciates your good work ethics to GO ELSEWHERE!
Fast growing self directed IRA Company
Investment Processor (Former Employee), Westlake, OhioDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at Equity Trust Company, I was first hired after a 6 week training period where I learned to work in a call center answering questions about Self Directed IRA's and assisted clients with their questions about current investments that they were making. The Company is privately owned so there is a sense of family there and I developed respect and good working relationships with my fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was moving from positions and departments where I felt comfortable and knowledgeable to different departments as time and the ever changing business denoted. I was a team player and moved where needed as needed.
Nice building
Email Specialist, Mail Room, Document Management (Former Employee), Westlake, OHDecember 4, 2014
Pros: company gets taken to indians games
Cons: favortism
Take incoming calls from clients, Send emails to clients, help clients open accounts, scan documents into clients accounts, help clients with investments, inform clients of corrections that need to be made in their account, make sure incoming cash is deposited into the correct accounts.
Good company to work for but watch out for layoffs.
**** (Former Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: watch out for layoffs
This was a promising company to work for; I planned to retire from this business. I gave my heart and sole each day but it wasn't enough. They say they want value added employees, but when they have one they don't know what to do except to lay them off.

The people are friendly for a lifetime. This place can definitely become a second home.
Old Boys Club
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Westlake, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: nice building, work out facility, etc.
Cons: unethical business practices
This company is a privately owned & operated company that truly conducts business like an old boys club. A typical day at work involved putting out fires from other co-workers mistakes & constantly spinning things to make clients and other business relationships feel better. Many of the managers great ideas in terms of improving the business but were stifled by the owners & upper management. The phrase too many cooks in the kitchen also comes to mind as they had way too many decision makers with conflicting ideas. Co-workers were great & it was a family atmosphere but everyone had the mutual frustration over the company & all the mistakes, inefficiencies that really bonded them together. The most difficult part of the job was simply being able to do it efficiently due to all of the roadblocks & antiquated systems but the most enjoyable part was when you actually were able to help the clients & make a difference. Ultimately they just "down sized" and multiple employees lost their jobs but this after they spent over $10 million dollars to remodel a new world headquarters & purchased another company. It is also my experience that they have some pretty unethical business practices when it comes to harassment and other human resource related items.
No advancment
Client Relations Representative (Current Employee), Westlake, OHOctober 4, 2014
There is no advancement or opportunity to grow with ETC. In customer service you take calls daily from clients that do not understand self-directed and ETC doesn't offer advice or guidance because they're a passive custodian. Co workers are great but upper management doesn't listen to employees regarding issues.
not what i expected
Outbound Investment Liaison (Current Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: fitness center and food on site
Cons: careless handling of original documents, required overtime, changes in company culture
a typical day is spent with my headset on
i learned patience
management was unresponsive
co-workers where tolerable
hardest part was trying to care
most enjoyable part was going to the fitness center after work
High standards
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 18, 2013
Pros: fun environment with lots of activities and awards
Cons: long commute, low salary
This was one of my first actual real jobs where I was able to learn the process of IRA accounts. It taught me how to work fast and efficient. The company has a great human resource department which made sure its employees were happy and satisfied. I learned to type faster, multitask, work on new procedures, and be more attentive to little details. The only reason I had to quit this job was because it conflicted with my school schedule. Being in a Masters program was by itself a work load plus classes were only offered at a specific time of the day, therefore I had no choice but to go for my degree.
Equity Trust
Operations Associate II (Current Employee), Waco, TXJuly 11, 2013
Equity Trust is a company who is on a grand scheme of companies a large company with a small company mentality. This company is growing and expanding by leaps and bounds.
Seems great at first
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Berea, OHFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: everything else
I worked here hopeful that it would be a great place to work. I got there and learned a lot about investments which was awesome. Then I got on the floor as part of the Client Services call center team. Really, they should've named it "damage control representatives". Seems like all I did was calm down customers who never got what they needed in any good time frame. I felt awful for the clients because I know the company was not on time with anything. Nor can the company keep any employees for more than 6 months. Not to mention, one entire week the system was down, the main system we NEEDED to do our job. I would NOT recommend this place to even my greatest enemy.
Horrible experience with this company!
Not available (Former Employee), Not availableFebruary 9, 2013
Cons: everything!
I was contacted by this company to interview for a position. Interview went great, but would not negotiate on pay. I was appalled at how I was treated when they extended an offer & then gave it to someone else while negotiations were still in process. I am so glad they gave it to some other poor soul. After how I was treated I would never want to work for such a company.
O.k. company to work for but procedures are not consistent through co.
Investment Processor (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJune 22, 2012
Pros: worked 730-4pm, no weekends
Cons: management
Busy, learned a alot regarding non-traditional investments. Management was not good. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with disgruntal clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was very fast-paced.
too much to know awful training
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJune 11, 2012
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: no scheduled breaks
There are a lot of IRS guidelines & rules they cover them too fast & expect one to retain the Information. No scheduled breaks you are allowed two fivein breaks and asked to skip lunch often. You dont get overtime if you take vacation & skip lunches and they lie about pay
Tough place to work with little room for advancement
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Elyria, Berea, Ohio. Waco, Texas. South DakotaJanuary 20, 2012
Pros: some of the people that you work with are great!
Cons: no help when you need it, work isn't appreciated, compensation isn't worth the work that is done.
ETC is a tough place to work. They expect you to devote your life to the company and don't appreciate the hard work that goes into the work that is done. The company also does NOT give you the means to be prepared to do your job comfortably. There is a LOT of favoritism in the company, so don't expect to get anywhere within the company if you are NOT a brown-noser! On top of the fact that there is NEVER anyone to help when you need it.