Equity Trust Company Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work For
Cash Reconcilation (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 13, 2017
I have worked for Equity Trust Company for almost 7 years. It is a great company, and offers fantastic benefits to its employees. There is room for advancement for those who work hard.
Benefits
Cons
Commute
Run the other way!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  WestlakeJuly 17, 2017
I worked for ETC for 5 years. The pay is laughable (notice they do not post projected salary) and management is a mess! The same problems existed during my entire time there and it was never corrected. Back office work is beyond slow and the needs of the client are not important. Leaving the rest of us to feel the client's wrath. The only time action is taken is if the client knows the owners and name drops. Stay away form Client Services! They do all the work and are paid and treated the WORST!
There is zero flexibility and no work/life balance. The office is nice and the majority of people are awesome, everyone just needs a job but most would leave if a better opportunity came about.
Pros
Nice building, work out room, employee events
Cons
Pay, Management, Client treatment
Low morale, difficult to advance
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 29, 2017
Low morale throughout the company. Extremely difficult to advance. The company makes you feel as if you are just a number and not a human being. Benefits are decent with a wonderful gym along with classes everyday.
Good work/life balance but limited career advancement opportunity
other (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 24, 2017
Great work/life balance with many activities throughout the year to promote positive work environment. Limited opportunity for growth and career advancement.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 2, 2017
Trained weeks of investment options company offers. Customer service area very busy, long days, horrible customers most of the time. Management is a boys club setting.
Typical office job
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 5, 2017
I worked eight hours a day in a cubicle doing data entry and reviewing and implementing different accounting processes. The Sioux Falls office is mostly a call center and I had to communicate with my boss in Ohio. The most enjoyable part about this job is the work/life balance and the friendly people.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Lack of organization
Good Atmosphere
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working with everyone in the client service department. The work at times was hard, but it's the atmosphere that made up for a bad day.
Relocate Company to Ohio
Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 12, 2016
This company was nice to work with. The only problem was that they had to relocate in another state. We all got lay off due to the transition.
Bittersweet
Client Service Representative - Liaison (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 12, 2016
This company prepared me to build my retirement and create long term retirement wealth. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Cons
Compensation
Great Company to work for
Public Investments (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 23, 2015
It is a great company to work for. They value there staff and there is always room to advance. They always make work a fun and enjoyable place.
Interesting and diverse
Investment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 13, 2015
Diverse place to work. Challenging and changing industry. Constantly learning and growing not only as an employee but in industry knowledge.
had fun working there plenty of cook outs
Warehouse/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 19, 2015
warehouse duties scanning products in and out of systems for clients also maintain the building sweep mop every now and then load and unload trucks,co workers easy to get along with nothing hard about the job the most enjoyable part of the job was setting up for cook out I was only part time till three quarters of the employes were laid off including myself only worked there six to eight months.
Horrid company to work for
Agent (Former Employee) –  WestlakeMay 12, 2015
This used to be a good company to work for, yes processing took longer than it should, the annual fees were super high and clients always unhappy but the employees were a family. Now there is no director of HR, no COO, Manager of CST quit, all middle management is jumping ship... firings like crazy and no room for advancement... No idea what is happening with this company but I bet it won't be there in a year... clients are taking their business elsewhere...
Pros
free massages
Cons
pay is bad, food is expensive
Good company
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 27, 2015
Each individual worker has assigned duties for the day which they would complete in a timely manner along with completing training to be able to move smoothly through dept. and help in all aspects.
Customer Service Representative
o Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berea, OhioMarch 19, 2015
Equity Trust was going through a growing period when I was there. I don't feel my review would be accurate. I'm sure many things have changed since I was there.
So So
IRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 17, 2015
This company seems to be working in a backwards fashion. Nice new building with a gym and cafeteria. Executive turnover is big as is management.
Unique Work Place
Senior Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 11, 2015
This was my first time working in the logistics field and I learned a lot about shipping, freight and warehouse management. This was a global company that provided the materials to make our life as we know it "digital".
Pros
Learning logistics
Cons
Failed Customer Request
This place is a chaotic disaster and its management has no regard for any employee!!
Operations. (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 7, 2015
WORK ELSEWHERE!!! FLIP BURGERS IF YOU HAVE TO!! STAY AWAY FROM EQUITY TRUST COMPANY!! This place is a revolving door; the management doesn't care for the employees, the training is terrible and needs a makeover, the 'new facility' is falling apart, and HR is a constant mess. A good 'ol boys club is right. Higher ups (98% or more of which is men) are prevented, and their behavior is borderline harassment. You're always on eggshells, and forever watching your back. The management isn't there to help you. They're there to criticize and cut you down. Save yourself the trouble, anxiety, and medical costs and GO SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE ELSE.
Pros
Subpar gym onsite.
Cons
Everything...literally, everything else.
HR has created a toxic work environment
Investment Customer Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2015
I found that all I did everyday was 'fix errors' by other departments for our clients. Unfortunately those causing the errors never seemed to be admonished enough to resolve the problem. We had to use old equipment that broke down on a weekly basis, thus making it necessary to spend alot of our time walking around the floor or to other floors trying to locate one that was still working, then usually have to stand in line. We were then criticized for too much time away from our phones! No matter how hard you tried, you were constantly harassed by HR or managers that had no idea about our job issues as they didn't care. All we ever heard from them at most was, "We're working on that", but it never got fixed. Therefore they put you in a no win situation. The best part of the job was when you were able to resolve the issues for clients in spite of the bad service on the part of other employees. I would suggest to anyone looking for a company that appreciates your good work ethics to GO ELSEWHERE!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unethical work practices
Fast growing self directed IRA Company
Investment Processor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OhioDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at Equity Trust Company, I was first hired after a 6 week training period where I learned to work in a call center answering questions about Self Directed IRA's and assisted clients with their questions about current investments that they were making. The Company is privately owned so there is a sense of family there and I developed respect and good working relationships with my fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was moving from positions and departments where I felt comfortable and knowledgeable to different departments as time and the ever changing business denoted. I was a team player and moved where needed as needed.