ERC Employee Reviews in United States

Erc
Recovery Agent (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 20, 2016
ERC is a good company for some however working 6 days a week and never making more than 40 hours sometimes feels like an endless cycle there is no opportunity for overtime here. Some of the management is wonderful, helpful, and ready to help you succeed; while others are more concerned for there own bonus check to care or give you the feed back you need to succeed. There are good things about this job like the potential to earn bonuses and extra income is endless it is definitely production based. I have a hard time here for the simple fact I have so much customer service and not enough sales along with the lack of thick skin to deal with some of the things people say to you when trying to collect a passed due bill.
Pros
production based job incentives
Cons
scheduling, lack of direction
shady management along with missleading info upon training
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed working there for the first month and after that they completely try to control your life. When you're hired they tell you that this job is the perfect life and work balance. I was forced to work 6 days a week and only get paid 40 hours and couldn't use my "comp" time when I actually needed to use it. the management treats their employees like trash and talk to them in a VERY vulgar tone with poor selection of language. I don't recommend anyone working here, they are NOT understanding when you are put into a bad situation in your daily life. they claim they will help you out but when you are actually in need they are cold hearted and try to make you feel like the "bad guy".
Pros
my co workers were all good people
Cons
management was terrible and gave missleading info to employees on the regular
Nothing but lies
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines,IaAugust 9, 2015
Everyone was real friendly in management until they put us on floor to take calls. Promised to help new hires, but mostly do not. Supervisor yelling across call floor very unprofessional. Only work here if you want to deal with angry business people with high pressured sales, with little to no help.
Benefits
Cons
Mostly angry clients, high pressure sales, unprofessional supervisors.
Goal and compliance driven company
Debt Collector Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FL 32073April 27, 2016
I truly learned a lot from working at ERC, I learned that there is a fine line between being compassionate and being assertive enough to complete the task of collections. Every day we were driven to be better than the day before, we were expected to be at least 5 minutes early for work logged in and set up to answer calls right at 8 a.m. The culture there is driven to perfection, to keep yourself and each other accountable while driving each team member to collected the required amount each day. The culture celebrated any and all success an individual would achieve, as well as zero tolerance for any mistake or failure. The hardest part of the job was to keep that balance between caring compassion in order to help set up options for customers while keeping the total amount of money they owed in the forefront in the minds of both agent and individual on the line.
Pros
Managment loved the celebrate all types of success
Cons
Very little hands on training before being place on phones with little supervision
Unstable work environment
Call Center- Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2016
A typical day would be answering phones, explaining to customers about their mortgage, accepting payments, etc.
I learned that employee handbooks aren't valid at this company, process and procedures change daily, incentives aren't valid.
Management changed up so much I would just describe it as unstable.
Co-workers were fairly pleasant.
Hardest part of the job is clocking in.
Most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Process and procedures being changed consistently
High energy, motivating place to work
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2016
Calling outbound and receiving inbound calls in attempt to collect past due cell phone and cable bills to hit budget and make bonus money.

Learned how to build rapport with customers and to negotiate proper settlements and payment arrangements.

Educated on FDCPA laws

Management is very positive and always teaching workers new tactics to collect a past due balance.

Enjoyed getting bonus checks and working overtime
Pros
Bonus checks Overtime
Supportive Teams
Recovery Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 9, 2015
I've been working for ERC as a Recovery Collections Agent for exactly one month today and I have to say it's by far the best job I've ever been at. The training was impeccable, management is always out on the floor willing to lend a hand or have the open door policy, teammates want to see you be successful. Overall, pretty good place to be.

I'd say that the hardest part of the job is two things: 1. Making sure you have ALL of your i's dotting and t's crossed. 2. Not letting the consumer take you out of character. Due to certain experiences consumers may have had, people think debt collectors are the same but that's not the case. Many people treat us all the same, assume every 1800 # is from your company, and you will have a plethora of folks who use colorful language and may even get their children to use that same language. Nonetheless, you CANNOT let it get to you.
Pros
Hour lunch, flexible hours
Cons
There might be one but I can't think of one
work place
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  iowaAugust 25, 2015
if you can talk on the phone sitting for hours and are a very driven person this place will tae advantage of your abilities. sales and quality assurance based commission and paid time off with benefits
Pros
compensation
Cons
short breaks
Decent place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time are ERC but there were too many false promises that were made and never followed through with. There were too many times that we were basically left to figure things out without any assistance and constantly changing some of the huge benefits of the job.
Hard Work Productive
Welder (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 5, 2016
At a typical work I would try my best to work. I would make sure that I stand out of the other employees. I would learn how to be really good of what I do. The management would be me working where I am told to. My co-workers would have a good realshonship with me. The hardest part of the job is long shifts but I wont mind at all. The most enjoyable part of job is lunch break.
Not the worst place in the world to work
Recovery Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
It isn't the worst job I've ever had but it is a very unprofessional environment. There are very few managers that actually care what is going on. If you need help and need manager assistance good luck. Some of the employees that have been there for a while think they are better than everyone else and try to harass new employees and if you try to bring it to the attention of the managers you will literally get yourself hated. I like the line of work because it is very repetitive and pretty easy. Training for the job is very fun and interactive they provide you with everything you will need for this job. You get better at it with time. They have pretty decent breaks, free lunches every now and then, awards for a job well done, good incentives to work efficiently, managers arent the worst people in the world but they can be very unprofessional at times. And they lie when they say you work every other saturday, It is every saturday. AND THEY DONT HAVE PAPER TOWELS IN THE BATHROOM
Pros
incentives and breaks
Cons
unprofessional atmosphere and not having set schedule
Overall I loved my job, but ONE supervisor showed favoritism.
former agent (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 15, 2015
Co.workers were AWESOME people.sooo helpful! My.supervisor was understanding about certain things. He always encouraged his team to do better.
Pros
401k, and the employees
Cons
2thirty minute breaks, you are tied down, no family time, FAVORITISM, Lack of training: one week instead of two as promised, CSG AND ICOMS training: 5 employees out of 80could process their own sales, Couldnt get help when the.button was pushed but get.fussed at for NOT reaching out for.help.
A great place to work for a part time job
Customer Satisfaction Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of calling customers of various companies in regards to the satisfaction of the service they received from the companies.
The Management was very helpful with training and giving advice on how to improve with handling the customers and clarifying the responses of the customers.
My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers and either being sent home or having my shift cancelled due to a slow work day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the familiarity of the assigned surveys after training.
Pros
friendly, positive work environment.
Cons
low hourly salary
Not enough pay
COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 29, 2016
Over looked as an experienced worker. Not paid enough,somewhat treated unfairly. The managers give special treatment to other workers at times. There's plenty of room to grow .but you're over looked as a veteran. They bring a lot of new people in who get paid a lot more than the veterans who have been there longer.
Its a great and fun work environment .
First Party Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 7, 2016
ERC is a great collections agency. The managers do try their best to make sure you understand your criteria fully and thoroughly. They also take a personal interest into every agent assigned to their team to assure that they will do their job to the best of their ability. I loved the scheduling that they had. Co workers are very friendly. Everyone goal there was to help the next person to succeed.
Pros
a set schedule, a lot of opportunity to grow inside the company
Cons
healthcare and the breakroom area too small
Rrruunnnn
Morgage Servicing Expert I (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 26, 2016
Typical day.... Busy, check was always wrong. Never was signed up for direct deposit despite giving up my information 4 different times. Best part of the job was my co-workers
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Breaks? What breaks? Micro-manage. Supervisors don't care about anything but themselves
No career advancement
Phone Survey/Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
Telesight could have been a better experience if the raises were real and not based on the little contests they would have just to increase survey production. I do like a little competition but not when while working on a difficult survey. The staff need to take classes in customer service and human resources. It's a "three strikes you're out" type of company ...VERY high employee turnover
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no holiday pay, benefits, or raises
a place to work
Telecommunication for Collection (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 5, 2016
It is an okay place to work. The pay is good and you get to listen to music. You will have some good and bad days on the phones.
Pros
good pay, good healthplan
Cons
management is not ll that good, do not get to spend much time with family
Fun place to work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 30, 2016
This job is great....everyone treat you as if you were family. They really work with you and take time with you to help learn their work place. I enjoy working at ERC!!!
Pros
fun games, extra money, and time off when needed
Family Oriented
Senior Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 7, 2016
Great place to be employed. Excellent Management. No micro managers just get the job done the right way in a safe manner providing the best results for the customer.
Pros
All Pros
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ERC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8