Fast growing engineering company seeks extremely talented software engineers to design tomorrow’s next-generation oil-field products. You must have experience designing and building solutions, and be able to do so in about half the time that most people think is possible. Excellent communication skills are required, and you must be able to work on your own, without traditional corporate management. Degrees are great, but especially with software, we’ll be primarily concerned about your experience and talents.
Expect talented, motivated, intense and interesting co-workers in a work environment that will always feel like a start-up. You’ll work on teams as well as run your own projects. Expect to build things that matter, and will be used every day by real people. Expect to sharpen your design skills on new, fun, and challenging projects. Must be willing to relocate to the Houston area. Expect excellent pay and benefits.
Software Engineers are expected to:
- Be able to design complex software solutions; platform should not be an issue
- Deep knowledge of multiple programming languages, run-times, and libraries
- Use version control, test driven development, and other best practices
- Have a good grasp of basic data structures and other computer science fundamentals
- Optional: Knowledge of embedded systems, embedded firmware development, and Linux
Everyone is expected to have a solid understanding of computers, operating systems, office programs, and other general knowledge.