Erickson Living Employee Reviews in United States

Don't follow their own culture standards
CNA (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, coOctober 6, 2015
When I first started I loves working for this place but after about a month that quickly changed. They pay low for CNAs and are so short staffed. The nurses don't help at all and will report you if you don't do what they want exactly when they want you to. The head of nursing is nurse who was just thrown into her job and has no clue how to run her floor. This place is awful will be looking for new employment very soon.
Pros
Good benefits and leaving after your 12 hour shift
Cons
Everything else, pay, management
Terrible place to work NOW
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MD 21228May 11, 2016
This was a great company once upon a time. Then the company was sold and it was the worst place I ever worked. Don't think about being happy at this job in the nursing department. You will cry and have an emotional breakdown at least once a week. Its a revolving door in this company, they are dropping like flies. They will pay you a competitive wage, however you will work twice as hard as a normal nursing job. Don't even think about taking a lunch break, however you must clock out for the lunch break or you will be written up for it. You do not have time to eat lunch. You also must be done with your work on time, no extra minutes to finish all your work load or they will write you up as well. So you must clock out then finish your work. And don't even think of taking a day off. You had better be there when you are needed or it's write up time again. What a joke.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no days off, written up all the time, poor insurance
Good stepping stone but not a good "career" job.
Security Officer/EMT (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDApril 18, 2016
The company is changing a lot. The Security/EMS department is a complete joke. They do not allow you to act as an EMT. At best you are a first responder. They give you little to no training in security. They literally give you a set of keys and radio and send you on your way out in the community. It's very micromanaged, the supervisors don't know anything and always have to call corporate to find the answers. That's if you ever get a straight forward answer at all. The initial pay is decent but the raises are awful. The average raise is 2% and it doesn't matter how good of an employee you are. Like I said it's a good stepping stone, just don't plan on making it a career. There are little to no advancement options in the security and Ems feild.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay, management, lack of advancement
Stay away!!!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 18, 2016
If I could give this company a zero stars I defiantly would. I'm speaking from experience from the community located in silver spring. The management team is horrible, they are unprofessional, and VERY unorganized. If you're a younger female worker be prepared for the older women to be jealous of you. This company is based off off favoritism and a lot of the workers get treated unfairly. The pay is certainly not worth it. Cooperate needs to seriously come and take a deeper look into the silver spring location because it is terrible. I've even spoken to residents who see what's going on within the management staff. This company does not abide by their mission statement.
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Difficult stressful environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 18, 2016
Meeting, Meeting, Meeting. What you will learn working at Erickson as a manager is this. A typical day will include either going to a meeting, or having a meeting. The co-workers are great, we are all in the same boat, you either drink the cool-aid or get thrown overboard! The most difficult part of the job is watching talented staff go, either by choice, or design. The BEST part of the job is the residents. If you have a genuine affection for the senior population you will love your job. Erickson is all about perception and politics, very weak on culture and values!
Pros
Staff appreciation Holiday Fund
Cons
Executive Director
Managers get little respect or reward-long hours
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
The front line staff are great and treated very well. The mid level managers have very little control and a lot of meetings. The leadership can be clique like and some are quite immature. Direct Supervisor not supportive and condescending. Long hours and little appreciation. The residents are fabulous.
Pros
The front line staff and residents. Gorgeous Community
Cons
Little support, little appreciation, people can be high-school inappropriate
A day at oak crest
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDAugust 19, 2016
A typical day at oak crest starts by a ten minute meeting before the shift the starts. The manger goes over the menu and tell us if there is anything important or special that we need to let the residents know. All of the mangers encourage us to do our best and that we all are a team. My co-workers are very helpful. Their always around when someone needs help. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the residents and making them smile.
Pros
meals are one dollar
Cons
short hours
Empty Promises
Nursing Admin (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
The bait is the benefits...and the promise to advance within the company.
Advancement? Not at all. they'll keep you right where they want you and work you to the core. There's a HUGE lack of communication between management and staff, therefor the pressure is intense and there is NO respect whatsoever for anyone's role.
If Erickson stopped scraping the bottom of the barrel, I think there could be great potential within the company.
Benefits
Cons
Management.
Fun job, Good people, room for advancement
Restaurant Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 9, 2016
never a dull moment at fox run. Co workers are great and everyone works as a team. Directors of the community organize fun events and parties for employees often. I've worked there for 7 years from 14years old to now. I basically grew up there, its an amazing place to work and I have helps MANY friends and family members get jobs there.
Pros
easy job, room for advancement, pleasent coworkers
Cons
Full day hours 11am- 730pm, working holidays and weekends.
NO management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 1, 2016
Erickson has some amazing residents who call this home. But when it comes to working here you are walked all over. There is no current management and the scheduler is horrible. They don't care about their employees at all and could care less when you need something. You never get a break and are required to do meal serving with little help.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
no breaks, unprofessional scheduler

Want to know more about Erickson Living?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work...
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Tallgrass Creek Overland Park KansasMarch 26, 2015
Although healthcare in general can be hectic and stressful, this place takes the cake. The vast majority of key managers were absolutely awful and act exactly opposite to their corporate values. They have non-clinical people managing some of the clinical staff, there is an environment of vindictiveness and mean-spiritedness, and the high turnover rate is indicative of the circus that is Tallgrass. They claim to be doing something special there...they sure are, but in a horrible way, not a good one! Good luck trying to talk to any of the managers. It will only get you in trouble. HR will not really back you up about anything. Definitely look elsewhere, for both employment and care for your loved one...this place is AWFUL!
Pros
great benefits, pays above average for some positions
Cons
horrible environment, poor management, short-staffed
Do not work for this company
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 27, 2016
Erickson is a joke do not work here....especially in the housekeeping department...management is a joke. They don't care about their employees and once your in the system they disrespect you..too much buddy buddy and no advancement
Pros
Good co workers some nice resudents
Cons
THE WHOlE COMPANY especially management
Great place to work with residents and team members
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDApril 8, 2016
Had a great time working for Charlestown, the management team is exciting and the environment is second to none. The average day is all about good food, good service and great atmosphere. This is one of the best places I have ever worked
Pros
Work and life balance, schedule, great team effort, ability to grow
Cons
Food Service micro managed from corporate
Not a great place to work at, I have had numerous talks with higher ups and they don't listen.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 5, 2016
Management was ok they were not great. The other employees show lack of motivation. Almost nothing is freshly made. The residents are amazing but not the staff. I was not proud to be selling the food there.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, co-workers, terrible food.
Great place to work.
Cna (Current Employee) –  Dallas txMay 14, 2015
Great place to work. Sometimes it get a little hectic but what place don't?! They appreciate employees by buying and serving lunch often and giving gifts to show how much. We have a pretty good management who's always behind the employees and making sure the residents are well taken care. I've been here almost 2 years and it's the best rehab I've ever worked in.
Benefits
Cons
Correction of hours
Love this job! Home support for independent living elders.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 13, 2016
Very friendly happy residents. Clean environment. Good training and support. Flexible hours. Employee appreciation bonus in December. Great company to work for. Love this job!
Pros
All appointments are within the complex.
Cons
It takes a little time to learn your way around the 3 club houses.
Very demanding job
Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 9, 2016
This is a very demanding employer. EV2 has a high rate of turnover. No encouragement from managers and they don't help you either. There are no opportunities to grow especially if you are an LPN. The CNA's are great.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor management, they don't care about you.
Good company to work for
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 9, 2016
I have been working part time for the past year, overall nice place to work. People are easy to get along with, management is in touch with employees. Hope to get more hours in future. Good values, beautiful campus.
Pros
Free lunches, staff appreciation, good pay
Cons
Lack of full time work for administrative staff
They take care of you to an extent
Certified Nurses Aide-QMAP (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 4, 2016
I find that this company compensates well and provides great benefits but seniority and employee happiness does not seem to matter to them. If you make a fuss they will wash you out.
Productive, friendly and all about the Employees
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 27, 2016
Very good place to work, team work, friends, efficient and care about the well being of their employees. Management is friendly, takes our opinions and act on them, always coming up with ways to keep us inform about the company they are very involved.
Pros
always fun things at work

2.7