Erickson Living

Erickson Living Employer Reviews

IT"S FUN WORKING FOR ERICKSON LIVING
HOME SUPPORT AIDE (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2015
ERICKSON LIVING IS A GOOD FACILITY TO WORK WITH.WE HAVE VERY KIND AND GENEROUS RESIDENTS WHO ARE VERY WILLING TO HELP US HELP THEM WHENEVER THEY CAN. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE I SPEND WITH THEM.WE ALSO HAVE VERY UNDERSTANDING MANAGERS WHO ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO LISTEN TO OUR PROBLEMS WHICH ARE RARE. I WOULD RECOMMEND FAMILIES TO TRY ERICKSON LIVING FOR THEIR LOVED ONES RETIREMENT HOME.
If you are an EMT do not work here!
EMT/ Security (Former Employee), Tallgrass Creek, overland park, KSDecember 23, 2014
If you went to EMT school to be an EMT do not work here!! You will never do your job! You will do a bunch of tasks that have nothong to do with being an EMT. I.E..moving furniture, taking out trash, fixing cable issues, telephone issues....its crazy. That's all I did for the time I've worked there. Don't waste your time!
Productive and beneficial workplace.
Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free dinner after work.
Cons: short hours.
Got promoted within one year and half in working for the company.
You'll wish it weere a better place every day
Program Director/ Continuing Care Building Start (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: hr is unavaialbe and aware
Lot's of let downs. The continual turnover of important positions, Executive management and corporate teams that are unwilling to listen. HR can be retaliatory if you quit so be careful.
The residents are gracious and you will make good friends in teams members that share the fox hole with you.
Horrible Company.
Medication Aide plus other things (Current Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 30, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: indifferent managers, too many chiefs, staffing coordinator is useless
They work you to death and give you false promises. Don't mention you're in school because they will probably fire you on the spot. No room for advancement and they want you to make this job your priority. According to them, you are their slave. You have to be a maid, a medication aide, a nurse aide, housekeeping, kitchen staff, activities assistant and staffing. This company is a joke. They pay well, so I guess you can't complain if management treats you like garbage if you get paid good money.
DO NOT WORK HERE
Cook (Former Employee), Warminster paNovember 22, 2014
Pros: residents, health benefits
Cons: pay, management, no advancement. work load
Welcome to the worst place to work. You will be overworked and underpaid. Management is lazy, inept, petty and vindictive. Forget about promotion from within. If you're not kissing up to them you are going nowhere. The only good thing about this place is the health benefits. But that can't be your only reason to work there. There is a reason why it is no longer "The best in Bucks County" to work. Do the homework and take a pass on this place.
EMS department has much learning to do with new management
EMT (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, CONovember 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 14.00/hr to start for an emt basic in the denver metro area, great patient assessment experience, great medical director at lah, the best place for an emt to prepare for paramedic school (experience wise)
Cons: micromanagement, unethical behavior on the part of management, can't trust anyone, unappreciated, undervalued, morale has dropped through the floor
When I first started working at Wind Crest it was an amazing job with great benefits, great pay, great EMS experience, and a great team. Now, there is a new manager who presents herself as an EMT with a lot of experience in medicine. However, she is far from that. She and all of Wind Crest admin do not follow their own culture of the Erickson 7 Values and they are all about micromanagement. Our manager takes a radio home every night to listen to the transmissions prior to her falling asleep. They have recently told us to withhold critical information from patient care reports because it could lead to litigation, have told us that we can't use commonly accepted medical abbreviations (ex: SOB for shortness of breath), they have told us, as EMTs, that we can't talk to our own medical director, and they are falsifying documents. People are getting fired for following protocols and Denver Metro Protocols. They make things up in order to discipline their staff members or fire them.

This company has become so unethical that the majority of the EMTs on staff are looking for new work and will be jumping ship soon. This partially due to the fact that there is no room for advancement. Our own management has told highly qualified individuals that are on staff that they do not fit what they are looking for to fill particular positions. In other words, they do not always fall in line with corporate. The last person to not fall inline with corporate was a 7 year employee who was never in trouble until the new management arrived and then was terminated 3 months later for simply asking questions and looking out for his staff.

I advise you that this is no longer a company that you want to work for as an EMT. At first, I raved about this company and how great it is for new EMTs out of school. Now, I try and shy away as many people as I can in order to save them the headache!

Please, for your sake, do not work here.
Nice working environment, friendly people, Good management
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDNovember 4, 2014
Nice working environment, friendly people, Good management team
Tall Grass Creek horriable place to work
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee), Overland ParkNovember 1, 2014
Cons: all listed in review
Low pay no room for advancement, Management has double standards they don't care about employees or residents this place is a joke!!!!!!!!!! Don't waste your time or life here.
Hectic and under paying
Wait Staff (Former Employee), Parkville, MDOctober 22, 2014
The supervisors and co-workers were extremely friendly, that was probably the worst part about leaving that job. Though the biggest problem was that I was given a lot of work to do in not enough time to do it. It was like having to do 5 different jobs in 3 hours. Also the pay sucked.
Values orientated company serving seniors to create a vibrant community.
HR Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2014
Erickson communities are mission oriented. The service is person centered and people are passionate about the work they do everyday in their resident's homes.
would not work here again
healthcare (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
as a company, good. very disorganized and constant change. no opportunity for advancement. Management is clueless.
Independent Living Facility
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), NJSeptember 7, 2014
HR Management responsibilities for all facility operations departments to include:
Grounds

Home Support
Certified Home Heath
Administration
Social Work
You must have a degree in BS!
Chef (Former Employee), Novi, MiSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: o
Cons: bad, and more bad!
I have met one GOOD friend there...Thats it!!!! I have learned
not to trust anyone in management, for they will never treat you with respect for all the hard work you do. The co-workers will see what they can get away with. The hardest part of the job was
Being There all day. The most enjoyable time was quitting
time.
Extremely busy and constantly adapting environment
Work Experience (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2014
Difficult, yet fair work responsibilities were provided in the midst of a renovating company. The experience that I had was made worth the work by the skills that I learned and the relationships that I made with both co-workers and Residents.
Good Place to work
Wait Staff (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 6, 2014
It's a good place to work and they work with your schedule if you go to school or work.
Brand new building and electrical charting, everything else, NOT GOOD
CMA (CNA) (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice building, gated and security
Cons: everything explained. basically just everything
I love working here, but honestly its only for the residents. Management sucks, being underpaid (12.25 when min wage for a med aide is 13), doing two jobs for the price of one... the list goes on and on. Im a medication aide here and they made it seem perfect during the two week orientation. once i started working it sucked. they failed to mention that i would be doing not only the medication aides job but the nurses aide job as well. i didnt find out UNTIL i started working and an employee told me. i didnt become a med aide to still do the work of the nurse aide. and they state they pay competitively however, they only pay well for nurse aides. im a med aide and want med aide pay. plus i do both jobs. its the most c-rap ive ever seen. RUN RUN RUN. most employess who go through orientation quit anyway. youre being underpaid to do two jobs and they dont tell you about. theres also no room for promotion. and more than half the time they dont have enough staff to give you a break. so 50% of the time you work a 8-12-16 hour shift, no breaks. and we just now hired enough staff to be able to handle the residents. i would not wish this job on my worst enemy. DO NOT WORK HERE. management has to be the best liars ever. they offered me a promotion, a week later i asked about it, they said they werent doing anything with it, when actually they went behind my back to hire someone else who ended up quitting. so instead of coming back to me they offered it to another employee of previously turned it down. im done with my rant. just dont work here. period.
Great co-workers.
Nurse Practititoner (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJune 17, 2014
Pros: friendly and approachable
Cons: busy
Busy, but rewarding what I do everyday.
No comment further.
Productive and Social profession
Waitress (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 16, 2014
Social skills are a big must when it comes to speaking with senior citizens as well as having patients for them.
Great Environment!
Highland Springs- Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 3, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: unstable employment, employees are not appreciated, no room for growth or advancement, extremely limited employee potential.
Erickson Living is a great company for the retired group. The environment is nice as far as the residents and they seem to really appreciate the employees and how much they do for them.

1 2 3

About Erickson Living

History and Vision of The Company Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Erickson Living, a leading developer and manager of – Read more