Erickson Living Employee Reviews

Very diverse atmosphere
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAJuly 3, 2017
It is a great place to start off and make money while in school. The time management & pay are reasonable , the staff is like a huge family, great place to start & continue working.
Pros
reasonable times
Cons
short staffed a lot
July 10, 2017

Glad you are having such a positive experience at our Linden Ponds community. The scholarship opportunities for our wait staff across all our communities is a tremendous benefit we hope more and more students can take advantage of. Thank you for time and effort you are putting into your job-that's what really makes the difference for our residents-a caring and engaged staff.

Fox Run - Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 14, 2017
Erickson Living is a nice place to work. I have had the chance to learn and grow with the company. Management cares about their employees and work hard to provide a good work location for them.
June 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing your story of growth and opportunity at Erickson Living's Fox Run campus. We're happy to share your experience as we continue to grow and provide even more for our terrific employees!

Great work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
I loved working at Erickson living. I worked with different women from all over and we got along great! I made new friends and we quickly became like family. Management was professional, understanding, and willing to help out whenever they were needed. They didn't just sit in their offices and dictate, they helped and worked with us as a team.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
June 14, 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Highland Springs community in Dallas, TX. The position you held in being the first line of care for our residents is key to the relationships that make Erickson Living so special, and we are grateful for your time. We agree, the team at this community are strong leaders who genuinely care about their employees and approach our campus with sleeves rolled up every day.

Not worth it.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 11, 2017
Gave them 4 years of my life I will never get back. Managment was AWFUL and there was a lot of politics. The rules only applied to some. HR manager was extremely rude and insulting. The pay was garbage for the amount of work, I was doing the job of 2 people for the lowest pay.
Pros
The relationships you make with the residents. That is what kept me there.
Cons
Everything!
June 14, 2017

We are appreciative of your 4 years of service to Erickson, especially the care that you provided to our residents, which seemed to be much returned to you. It's disappointing that you left with some obvious negative impressions, that we will share with leadership at your community for appropriate follow-up.

family atmosphere
LVN PRN (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 6, 2017
Assess, observe, and medicate patient according to orders. Answer call lights.Answer the phone. I learned to be an advocate for my patients by putting their needs first.Management was understanding but strict about safety and patient care. There was usually a team effort to get things done. Everyone worked together. The hardest part was the fast pace. In the beginning its hard to learn everything but i quickly became accustomed to the environment. I enjoyed the fact that everyone worked as a team it made things easier.
June 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback about our Eagle's Trace community. Our residents were very fortunate to have your focus on putting their needs first. We're also happy to hear that you experienced consistent and strong safety and patient care values. Undoubtedly, the pace is fast, and demanding, so a team environment with everyone working together is key to delivering on our promise to help our residents live better lives every day.

Very poor company to work for
Bistro Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 27, 2017
I worked for this place 3yrs when John Erickson ran the company and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I had moved away and came back to VERY untrustworthy upper management under the present ownership. I have had numerous people ask me how it is to work here and no matter how I felt about the person, there is NO WAY I would recommend employment to ANYBODY for this place. If you do work here, then be sure you say just what they want to hear and do not speak your feelings or you will be out the door, no matter how long you been there or how good of an employee you are.
Pros
Benefits, residents
Cons
Management, work-life balance, pay, and ust about anything else you can think of.
May 31, 2017

Thank you for your candor regarding your recent employment experience at one of our communities. We believe in our key Erickson values, of caring, respect, and integrity and intend that they are displayed and communicated in each interaction with all our residents and valued employees. It's disappointing that your experience did not live up to these ideals and your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the leadership of this specific community for further follow-up.

productive workplace for the most part
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJMay 22, 2017
You get to interact with some unique residents as well as a diverse staff. The hardest part is that you have to learn how to carry heavy trays. Management is changing constantly so that is the downside of the job.
Pros
interaction with residents, great vibes
Cons
management is bad
May 23, 2017

Appreciate your observations regarding the exceptional residents we are so lucky to serve here at Erickson Living and the real commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, which enriches us all. Great job in mastering the carrying of the trays; and please know that we are working as equally hard in developing the necessary leadership skills to further stabilize our management teams at all our communities.

Great work life Balance
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, NJMay 10, 2017
Serving each resident with care & concern . Making delicious foods .The most enjoyable part of working here are the residents . Making long lasting friends & Family there .
Pros
Free Parking
May 15, 2017

Your comments regarding Erickson Living's focus on our residents are at the very heart of our mission each and every day. Dining is such a vital part of our resident experience, so please know how much you contributed to our resident satisfaction during your time at our company.

This company does not value employees
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 10, 2017
I was there just under 3 months when I needed an urgent surgery. I put in for an unpaid leave immediately. This leave was not approved until after I had the surgery and was for four weeks. When the surgeon requested another four weeks leave, I received a certified letter from Erickson denying the leave and terminating my employment
Pros
Non
Cons
No training. Company does not value good employees
May 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at one of our Erickson Living communities. Serving our residents and providing a continuity of all the health and resident life services is a most critical priority to our mission. We continually seek to balance all that requires, with the many federal and state employment laws we must adhere to, which may be extremely complex, including HIPPA compliance. We wish you continued recovery.

Work here at your own risk
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJMay 5, 2017
If you have a complaint do not even think to go to HR. They share your confidential statement with the party you have the situation with and do not investigate anything. It is total favoritism and you can succeed only if you belong to the click.
May 11, 2017

Your feedback and comments are important in order to ensure issues are appropriately followed-up. Erickson Living's values of respect, caring and integrity are critical to the mission we serve, and we know that begins with our employees. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet these high ideals; we will refer your comments to the leadership of this specific community.

It was okay.
Senior Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 4, 2017
The job wasn't to stressful unless it was a busy day but the managers aren't the best. My co-workers were reliable and I knew where to go if I ever needed help.
Cliquey, Unpleasant, and Unprofessional work environment
Assistant Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAApril 28, 2017
This organization is run based on false objectives. Getting into Erickson Living you are made to believe that they stand for the betterment of the individuals whom they serve, you quickly find that that is merely word service. It is run in a hierarchy of people that have no integrity and would sooner sell you to the wolves while befriending you at the same time. I am highly disappointed in the upper management at Linden Ponds. All of whom who shamelessly give off the impression of being drinking buddies and are constantly texting each other and gallivanting around the campus. The way things are run creates a clear double standards for their employees, at Erickson Living it is who you know rather then how well you do your job. The company may pay a couple of dollars more for jobs that don't require an education but expect to be scrutinized and penguin-held in this cliquey uninviting work atmosphere. Unless you are a complete phony who really doesn't have other peoples best interest at heart then I would recommend you look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
All the above
May 2, 2017

Your review and candor is appreciated regarding your experience at one of our Erickson Living communities. All Erickson Living leaders are held to the highest standards of respect, caring and integrity as we deliver a service to our residents and an employment experience for our associates that we intend to be exceptional every day. It is disappointing to us that what your are describing is not reflective of this. As a current employee, you should feel free to reach out to the Erickson Values Line, an important resource offered to all employees in addressing any specific concerns or experiences they may have. Your comments will also be forwarded to the appropriate leadership team for follow-up.

Good First Job
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAApril 26, 2017
All in all not a bad place to work for a first job. The management was not very good when I worked there, but the work environment was friendly enough.
Management does not understand work flow
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 24, 2017
Management does not understand work flow, therefore they do not know what needs to be done with problem solving. In summary, the workers are to blame.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Over work, constant reprimands
April 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We recognize the challenges and are actively taking steps to improve the workflow concerns you mentioned. We have recently hired new team members to help with the amount of work and have provided additional training to team leaders. It is our sincere hope that these efforts will yield significant improvements. As a current employee, we would encourage you to utilize the Erickson Values Line if you continue to have concerns regarding this or any other issues.

CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAApril 21, 2017
After reading the reviews about the CO and MI facilities I am thankful to be working in one of the better ones. Love the residents! Most of my coworkers are ok but there are a few backstabbers and "princesses" who do as little or no work as possible, which means I have to clean up after them. Management is good and scheduling is fairly smooth. Raises could be better though. All in all, I love working here.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
No breaks at all
April 25, 2017

Thank you for commenting on your Erickson Living work experience, especially how much you enjoy working with our residents and that scheduling has been smooth; not always an easy task when a company is providing care 24X7, 365 days a year. You surely come to work with the right focus and mindset each day, and it's our residents who truly benefit from your very best.

Worst place to work
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 12, 2017
It's 2017 and Erickson living is still the worst place to work. Heavy work load expected for one position, can' t keep any help,management is unsympathetic and cruel
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Work load, staffing and management
April 14, 2017

Your candid comments about your recent work experience are important to us at Erickson Living. Our company highly values the employees who care for and serve our residents, and leaders continually evaluate workloads, staffing, and other management practices to ensure a best work place experience. We are sorry your experience didn’t live up to our standards, and will share your feedback and follow-up with this specific community.

Interesting place to work, multicultural environment.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDApril 6, 2017
I worked in the dining area for skilled nursing personnel (for elderly sick residents). These residents had a lot of stories to tell, and they needed special attention.
Pros
You could learn a lot just listening to the residents.
Cons
Getting promoted was hard to do.
April 11, 2017

Thank you for your care of our residents during your time in skill nursing-that is a special mission, and really appreciate your comments about how much they have to offer and teach all of us. Your feedback and comments on being promoted are a constant area of focus at Erickson Living, and we are actively engaged with several training initiatives and career development paths to share with our employees.

RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMarch 27, 2017
I worked at Anns Choice for 10 years. I started out as a dining room server and ended my career there as a RN. Great room for growth obviously. Only reason for leaving was I moved and it was too much of a drive. Great tuition program for students and even better environment for high school students as well. A lot of management changes through the years. Went through a "too many chiefs not enough Indians" type of situation a couple of times. But that will happen in a growing community. Diverse staff with kind hearts. If you are an assets to the residents you will go places in this company. Great pay as well.
Pros
Pay and growth
Cons
Management turnover is high
April 3, 2017

What a fantastic career story you have to share! Your 10 years of service and dedication to the residents at Ann's Choice is highly valued by Erickson Living. Our tuition reimbursement and scholarship programs are available throughout all our communities and for corporate employees as well. Thank you working your way through some growth challenges while keeping your eye on what we value most at Erickson Living-helping people live better lives.

Poor leadership, clinically inferior
RN (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJMarch 24, 2017
I believed the talk when I was hired because I believed in Erickson Living's ideals. They don't follow their own policies unless someone else is watching. Favoritism runs rampant. I was disappointed with the quality of care and happy to find another job further from my home. Poor clinical nursing skills found throughout and not corrected by education. My coworkers were fairly nice and the residents were terrific. Management played staff against one another. Pay raises were better for management favorites.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Poor administrative leadership at MVG building, Nursing culture of paranoia and fear, HR refused to investigate complaints
March 27, 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with the residents during your time at Erickson Living. We agree, they are terrific. As an organization, we strive to provide the highest level of care to our residents and a healthy work environment to our employees. We will pass along your concerns about training and education to the appropriate personnel at this specific community. Our Erickson values of responsibility and integrity are key to our mission of helping people live better lives. We are disappointed that your experience did not reflect these standards as you anticipated, and we will use this opportunity to grow and improve.

Fun WorkPlace Enviorment
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2017
IT Department was a fun and productive enviorment. The overall company was great to work for. I enjoyed coming to work working with my co-workers and team. Management needs a little work.
Pros
Company Parties and Luncheon
Cons
Holidays and Weekend work
March 22, 2017

Thank you for your contributions to the Erickson Living IT team, and acknowledging good relationships with your co-workers and team. We continually work with all Erickson managers to grow and hone leadership skills that reflect the values of our company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erickson Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8