Erickson Employee Reviews in United States

Great staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2016
Family friendly/learning organization with opportunity for advancement. Good training, many opportunities for recognition throughout the organization.
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 2, 2016
This is a fantastic company for anyone just starting to work & ones who have work experience. It is a multicultural company, this makes the company even more enjoyable
The best company I have work for so far.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJFebruary 10, 2016
It was the first company that gave me my first shot as a service tech.Everyone was very nice and helpful.They provide me with all the tools in order to get the job done.The hardest part was cleaning the snow.
Productive and rewarding position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2015
My typical day was working with the Director of Dining Services and the Chef implementing menu ideas.
Learned many facets of food production
My co-workers were extremely supportive
The hardest part of my job was pleasing all the residents and their diverse pallets.
I enjoyed talking with the residents.
Pros
Mimimual supervision
Cons
A wonderful place to work
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandOctober 21, 2015
I loved working with Erickson Retirement Community. I worked there over 3 years and would still be working there however due to downsizing of job duties and unable to relocated I decided to seek employment elsewhere.
enjoyed working there. Diverse communitee loved it
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  SS, MarylandSeptember 28, 2015
great advancement opportunities, great residents and co-workers. Excellent work atmosphere, I loved working there.
Great atmosphere to work in
Front Desk Receptionist/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Springfield VaAugust 21, 2015
Very friendly and safe environment to work in. The best part of the job is working with my colleagues. You never knew what to expect from the job from new projects but they were always fun and exciting.
Pros
Meeting the residents
Cons
Nothing bad
very nice place to work
Scheduler/Payroll Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJuly 9, 2015
My time at Erickson was very enjoyable. I made many friends both coworkers and residents. Erickson values are a wonderful way of living. The idea the Mr. Erickson had to take care of our aging parents in a safe, happy, active environment where everything is at their fingertips is without a doubt one of the best things that is available to them,
Pros
to meet, enjoy and help may elderly people
Great place to work at
Health Services Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore.MDMay 7, 2015
It is a great place to work for. The Managment team here at Charlestown is nice and pleasent. They do alot for you. I do Staffing and payroll for the nursing department. I learned how to use the new payroll system. My co-works are great group of people to work with. The hardest part of my job is not have enough staff to cover all the shift that we need. The most enjoyable part of the job is the managment team, I work Mon- Fri 8-4pm with 1 hour lunch. No weekends no nights.
Pros
The suport of the managment team.
Cons
Having to say over night when we have bad weather.
Great teamwork environment but management issues prevelant
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORApril 21, 2015
A very fast paced environment where multi-tasking was the norm. I learned a great deal about dealing with critical component buying to FAA and Customer requirements. Management personnel were typically sourced within and lacked the training in their field and in management. Just not enough workers to attend to the demands of the job so much overtime was typically required and was getting worse. A very dedicated and talented team of co-workers made the job very enjoyable and almost like family. The only thing difficult with regard to the job was the inadequate planning and poor measurement system for of our performance. The stability of the company since going public is very rocky.
Stimulating, Productive and fun work place
Human Resource Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day at work: problem-solving, multitasking, being flexible/adaptable and being a team player, it was a very comfortable work place

I learned how to become more driven, efficient and business focused

Management team had a effective/efficient developmental approach providing (HR) service to the company

My co-workers were very team driven and kind people to work with

I really didn't find anything overly difficult, I enjoyed background checks more than conducting drug testing

The most enjoyable part of the job was serving others, being a team player, problem solving, planning events, workshops, employee luncheons and birthday events, etc..
Pros
fun annual emmployee events, great funraising galas, pleasurable communication time with the residents, very tastfull dinningrooms to sit and eat at lunch
Cons
overtime
Machine Shop Inspector (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed working there. Wish corporate was a little more involved with their people. My supervisors were great and did a pretty good job. I was able to direct most of my own days and as long as things were completed was left to do things my way
Good co-workers but management was lacking
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORFebruary 11, 2015
Good first job for experience but company has a reputation for layoffs. No new design work being that it is a legacy aircraft. Location is good for the outdoor lovers.
Training Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Central Point, ORJanuary 18, 2015
In My current position of Training Support Assistant there has not been an opportunity to hire me on full time. I have been a temporary employee for almost a year and am looking for full time employment with benefits so I am in the process of applying elsewhere.
Pros
great employees
Cons
employment stability is not there.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2014
I was 13 years ago that I worked for Erickson. It was a great place to work, co-workers were great, management was good, friendly atmosphere. Everyone worked as a team very well. The hardest part was when I had to leave my position at Erickson.
Pros
the work environment
Cons
i cannot think of any cons
Great place to work for Temp-
temp (Former Employee) –  Dallas txSeptember 1, 2014
Loved involving with others and being able to help out when i could and being in control over many situations.
Pros
loved the cafatiara being in the building
Cons
very good health care
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 28, 2014
My typical day at work, very busy incharge of 4 dining rooms each with different needs. Managed 2 supervisers and 15 employees.
Coworker were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was to accommodate all the residents. Most enjoyable part of job was connecting with residents.
Pros
free lunches, healthcare
Very commitmented organization to quality
Assistant Director of nursing (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MarylandJuly 23, 2014
Very committed to providing service that exceeds expectations. Very committed to implementing best practices that focus on quality of life for seniors.
Pros
great multidisciplined teams
Cons
work life balance is a challenge to find
love it
Youth development counselor (Former Employee) –  San Fernado Valley, CaApril 4, 2014
working with the youth development has thought me so much in life, the staff and management are the best to work with it
Nice environment
Manager, Housekeeping Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2014
Small place. They were going through remodeling Worked well with others.
Pros
nice lunches
Cons
close to home