Ericsson Employee Reviews

Great place to work but lackluster growth can be a problem
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 31, 2016
Work/life balance is great with outstanding benefits. The business is driven currently by its R&D and services and the lackluster growth can impact job security within other operational segments.
Pros
Relaxed culture, free coffee, open environment
Cons
Uncertain growth prospects, mandatory yearly layoffs
Ericsson is an exellent company to work for.
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 12, 2016
Ericsson is an excellent company to work for. The benefits and salary are competitive. The work culture is excellent, especially in Sweden. Knowledge sharing is excellent.
Pros
Exceptional work culture in Stockholm and Gothenberg. Great benefits. Competitive salaries.
Cons
Customer commitments can be abandoned by the executive level decisions.
Highly Technical, Fast paced environment, fun to work....
Software Services Engineer V (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Working in Ericsson was everyday pleasure, office environment is very nice, fancy and perfect interior. I have learned many technologies like prepaid charging system, billing system etc.

The management was prompt and helpful to organize and distribute projects. If you need a day off, you work it out with your manager, they also allow telecommuting when necessary which is a life saver nowadays, especially when you work n IT and don't need to physically be there.

The co-workers were very helpful and open minded. It is perfect place of diversity.

During project integration, customers are sometimes sensitive of timeline and hence sometimes we have to work on weekend to keep customer happy. Otherwise overall job is very enjoyable with excellent work life balance.
Pros
Great place to work, work/life balance is amazing.
Cons
Lack of feedback and appreciation from managers.
Dynamic company who empowers its employees and is forward thinking.
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. Management was supportive and I had great coworkers. The hardest part of the job was meeting some our customers compressed schedules. While this could be frustrating at times, completing the project on time and on budget despite the challenges had its own rewards.
The best part of the job was the people I worked with and the training opportunities the company offered.
Pros
Benefits, Training
Cons
Staffing level are dependent on support contracts
Work Environment and Culture
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Friendly and Productive.
Encourage Innovation and participation.
Overall, it's a good company to work for. Good training programs in place.
Pros
Excellent fringe benefits
Cons
Way too much politics within management
Excellent company to work, growing opportunities, excellent environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 15, 2016
All good - Excellent opportunities of advancement. Company encouraged employees to better themselves and as a Swedish company, it is employee oriented.
Pros
All good
Cons
Management changed
Good salary but unstable job security.
Core SW 1, Software developer (Current Employee) –  Anyang city, KoreaFebruary 9, 2016
Just in my case, because I am a contractual programmer, job security was unstable. Maybe this prob is only limited to workers like me. Overall not bad, for around 4 years, my salary has been satisfactory.
Pros
Free lunches, good salary, flexible work environment
Cons
unstable job security just in terms of contractual position.
Great place to work - Lots of opportunities for career development
Director of Project Financial Management (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 22, 2015
In my view Ericsson is a very exiting place to work. As a leader in many fields within telecom and ICT the Company is always innovating and driving changes. The new strategy around the Networked Society is really inspiring and the whole company has embarked in this journey. Our CEO is one of the most influential executives in the industry as well as a great leader.

Ericsson is a truly global company which offer real opportunities for career development around the world. If you are willing to relocate, there is always a new opportunity out there.

Our culture is also very strong. Professionalism, respect and perseverance are our core values and you will feel that anywhere you go in the company.
Great employer and great place to work.
System Engineer lll (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 2, 2016
Generally a good work life balance. Incredible benefits. Opportunity to work at a global organization on large IT platforms.
Pros
Incredible benefits. Various local perks.
A good company to work for
Engineering Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 4, 2016
Good health benefits. Excellent vacation package.
Overall job satisfaction is good. Not much opportunity for career advancements.
Diverse workplace; high work expectations; great benefits; trusting management
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2016
Overall, my previous company was a great place to work. I would consider a typical day as a constant rush having to accomplish many duties, deadlines, and meetings within a day. Management was very trusting and steered far from micromanaging; however my team was given high expectations and required to perform outstandingly regardless of a heavy work load, strict deadlines, and an understaffed team. Standards were set high, but this built me into a strong, compliant, and ethical HR Generalist who could take on practically anything.
Good company
Head of Partnership and Alliances (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 4, 2016
Good company and enjoyed the diversity of culture. The company gave opportunities to work around the globe.

However, at this point of my career looking for a change and growth.
great company benefits and salary - top level executives not deeply enough involved in day-to-day understanding of projects from a "worker bees" persp
CPM (Customer Project Manager to AT&T Wireless) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2016
top heavy management (executive leadership)

utilize your experience for corporate goals and then to the bricks

great benefits and salary
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
no life balance or understanding of such for the "worker bees"
Great place to work at
Sr. Network Engineering Manager, Irvine, CA (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Ericsson is a high caliber company with great technologies. A great place to work and lots of opportunities to enhance. The work ethic and work-life balance are the most important on the upper management's mind for everyone.
Productive,Professional, and Fun
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Company is a fun environment to work for. Great comp. plan and benefits. The management is well organized and SOP are in place in order to support any business contingency plan in case of any emergency action for protection of the company.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
High Turnover
Somewhat good place to work
Engineer II -Svcs RF (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 25, 2016
My work at Ericsson was not exciting to me. There was a lot of politics in the office that affected my productivity.
Co-workers were very supportive but the management is poor.
Large company, competive pay, difficult to work for.
Consulting Director (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 2, 2015
Ericsson is an old establish hardware company that is trying to break into the rhelm of Software Integration. However Ericsson does not have an understanding of how to do this integration. Ergo there are long hours, redoing of work.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Terrible management and direction
Ericsson culture is walking on egg shells daily
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 20, 2016
a typical day with Ericsson working with employees and all feeling like at any moment their job could be removed and they could eventually be laid-off

I learned several skill sets while I was there from CISCO router systems and having the ability to adapt to a company that is forever changing and unsteady.

management was just as confused on a daily bases because there was no real direction because they didn't truly know themselves what and where the company was headed from week to week.

co-workers at Ericsson are amazing as willing to help and provide insight and direction whenever needed. that was the best part about the company.

hardest part about the job was the uncertainty and lack of official direction.
Pros
benefits and colleagues
Cons
lack of direction, job security, lack of growth and opportunities
Awesome Place
RF Engineer(RNPO) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2016
Best place to work in telecomm sector . good trainings . good management . you can give certifications sponsored by company .
descent salary . good infra
Pros
lunch discount, outing
Cons
annual rating wont be fair to all
Give a job rating of about 4 out of 10.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2016
Ericsson is a very huge corporation and as you wuld think, most of the employees that do most of the work and are at the bottom are just numbers and do not mean much overall as it is with many huge companies of this size. I feel like compensation is just a bit under what my job experience should be but I will not gripe to much about it because I do make above what most people with my level of education makes in todays world. For the most part if they could just get back to some of the basics of remembering where they came from (upper management) when they first started I think this company could and would be even more prosperous.
Pros
Pay is pretty well for the most part
Cons
Way to many upper management people. need more people that understand the job function better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.