Ericsson Employee Reviews

Found 1,046 reviews matching the search
Great place
Systems Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 30, 2017
I have befriended many colleges during my time at Ericsson. To this date I still keep in touch with them. Management and the work culture was well-balanced making it a fun place to work.
100% Travel
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 29, 2017
Ericsson had good benefits and vacation times, but a very stressful atmosphere (job security was very stressful) never knowing when you would be layed off. Typically every 6 months there were lay offs and it didn't matter how you preformed, it was a draw of straws on wo they picked to lay off. Bean counters made all the decisions.
Pros
good benefits, and pay
Cons
very stressful and unknowing of your future with them
Had a great international experience
Program Manager/Business Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed the different ideas and opinions from other employees due to Ericsson being a very large international company. I was able to travel and learn how others think by putting myself in their shoes.
Fast paced and challenging
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2017
I am challenged on a daily basis, and find the work to be intellectually stimulating and satisfying. I am constantly looking for a new challenge and I find it at Ericsson quite regularly.
Treated well, but management needs clearer direction
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 24, 2017
Generally, Ericsson is a great place to work.
The environment is friendly and the employees are mostly great people and are a very diverse group.
The company clearly has a European feel to it, with open workspaces and a focus on Work/Life balance.
The upper management at Ericsson still has a lot of work to retain the best loyalty and talent. They have a vision of where they want to be, but internally, don't use the engineering and technical resources to efficiently plan the path forward.
Ericsson does focus on what their customers want, but have trouble moving quickly enough to keep pace, but that may be my Silicon Valley perspective.
Pros
Good benefits and a Work/Life balance
Cons
Slow-changing management
Productive and very friendly work enviroment
APPLICATION DEVELOPER II/DBA (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2017
The work environment in Ericsson promotes a lot of personal growth
through mentoring and innovation.
there is alot of encouragement for employees to think outside the box and come forth with any ideas they think can work.
Unacceptable employer for those seeking job advancement without an established relationship
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 23, 2017
Without having a relationship with an executive or management team member, it is nearly impossible to advance or be compensated fairly. Opportunities are solely based on relationship and without an advocate in an influential position, employees are forced to spin the career gerbil wheel. Management consistently force employees to believe careers are employees to own. However, this is far from the truth. The opportunities and appointment of positions are clearly assigned without consideration of education, experience, and knowledge.
Pros
Healthcare benefits are excellent
Cons
Advancement opportunities are based on relationships as well as compensation
Great place to work!
System Integrator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 23, 2017
Ericsson is a terrific place to work if you are in a field that is in high demand with growth potential. The compensation is very competitive in the market, and the benefits are very hard to beat when compared to any other employer in the Telecom field.
One of the downsides is the uncertainty felt from the lack of communication and clarity from upper management if you work in a group in Ericsson that is not performing great from a financial perspective.
Pros
Great compensatio and benefits along with fair work/life balane
Cons
Fear of uncertainty if layoffs could be looming
Global company, lots to learn!
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSMay 23, 2017
There is definitely a lot to learn at Ericsson. They have been around for ever it seems like. They have an interesting model. I enjoyed working on special projects.

They talk a lot about diversity, but really do not promote women the way they should. It's a shame.
Normal large corporation - good & bad
Management (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2017
The ebbs and flows of corporate America are alive and well at Ericsson. The company has been struggling since 2016 and so there are pockets of good places to be and of the course the opposite. These pockets will change fairly often as results, organizations and leadership changes.
My advice: If you're interviewing for a role at Ericsson it must be one of the "good" areas since hiring is not happening in the units doing poorly (generally speaking). Ask about the unit's pipeline and overall performance and growth potential.
Pros
Great benefits and the company tries really hard to maintain it's Swedish culture.
Cons
Constant reorgs that usually result in layoffs a few times a year, Too much off-shoring taking place in some business areas.
a nice company with good benfit
Senior Integration and Verification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 22, 2017
Ericsson is a good company to work with in general, provide good insurance and retirement 401k matching benefit. Work can be demanding, but manageable.
Amazing place to work
Services Engineer Experienced (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityMay 19, 2017
The information is accessible for everyone, all the workers share the knowledge by documents, files or conferences to teach new ways to do more efficient your job every day.

Besides the culture diversity is amazing.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
No early promotion
Challenging
Network Engineer II, E911 Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 16, 2017
Always learning new things. Challenged to do new things. Part of the business organization focused on Managed services providing support to all major wireless companies.
Excellent Workplace Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2017
My position at Ericsson offered a diverse array of job assignments which challenged and improved on my skill sets. I learned a wealth of new knowledge and skills under a Management Culture which encouraged experimentation towards problem solving.

The colleagues I worked with fostered a TEAM approach where Together Everyone Achieved More (TEAM). People collaborated freely and openly, sharing ideas and always willing to offer assistance when needed.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Good Salary, Professional Environment
Cons
Frequent Out-of-Town travel, sometimes for extended periods.
Muy buena empresa
Ingeniero de integración (Current Employee) –  MonteviMay 13, 2017
Lindo lugar para trabajar pero no hay posibilidades de crecimiento
Company is good but in trouble
Solution Manager Engagement Practice (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 11, 2017
The current financial state is poor. This is mostly due to a declining revenue stream in the 4G radio business and a failing software business (Telcordia)
Productive and fast paced workplace
Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2017
Worked with more than 50 technicians across multiple states. Assigned and routed daily service request and install tickets. Tracked and traced all jobs from start to completion. Workplace culture was even toned variety of fun spirited personalities. Fast paced and constant flow of work.
No longer employed due to layoff
Field Technician II (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2017
I am not interested in providing a review of Ericsson. I was laid off due to poor management. I do not understand why I am required to give any sort of information regarding my past employment at Ericsson.
Out of business in my town
Assembler/Test/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAMay 3, 2017
Ericsson went out of business in my town a year after I left. They no longer have a presence in this area. The work was somewhat monotonous, but it was an ok place to work.
Great benefits. But hardworkd does not count for anything.
Senior LTE/CDMA/GSM Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2017
During the day I would get trouble tickets on customes network. I would start to investigate the issue. First thing confirm the issue that was reported and gather data to help to identify the trouble and make suggetions to customer on how to resolve issue. Sometimrs on harder issues I would have to conulst with second level to resolve issue in a more timely manner. Also, sometimes it required working after hours to resolve issue. Work culture was good. The hardest part of the job was working wiht second level of support and making sure that we did not get over charge for the support. The enjoyable part was when I would resolve the issue and customer was happy that issue was resolved.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
I was expected to be on call most of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.