Ericsson

Ericsson Employer Reviews

Ericsson great benefits, poor job security
Emergency Recovery Engineer III (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 11, 2014
Ericsson is a great company to work for. Their benefits are the best in the business. They also have fantastic training. Job security is poor since several positions are moving outside of the USA.
Good Work environment
Project (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2014
I have worked on a project for Ericsson. This project was part of my subject in UTD.
I had client meetings with Ericsson which was very helpful in getting insights about the work culture.
Supply Chain Manager/NPI (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2014
Another working place. Great innovation program!
Pleasant people to work with.
Great benifits package, lousy management
RF Field Technician II (Former Employee), Northern New MexicoNovember 10, 2014
Pros: the pay and the benifits
Cons: long hours and they didn't want to let you take vacations.
My day started when I woke up in the morning and checked my tickets to see where I was working that day. I was driving on average 1000 miles per week to work at different sites in the northern part of the state. While working there didn't see my last two managers. They are VERY top heavy in management. They have at least two managers per project and for a telecommunications company they don't communicate between divisions. Ericsson creates an environment of that it's better to put down fellow employees than to congratulate them. Was on STD so that is why I got laid off.
Innovative experience
Tech Lead, Wipro Technologies (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 8, 2014
Discovering and improving the skills daily.
Exciting work.
Good learning experience
ssss
Network Analyst II (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no job security!!!!!
Clock in, Log in to computer station. Go thru ticket que and receive calls from technicians and provide NOCC support.
8.9
Project Managment and Business Analyst (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 27, 2014
Ericsson is a provider of telecommunications and data communication systems with offices across the world. I am presently working on a project for Ericsson’s client Sprint on 4G upgrade project.
Perfect organization if you want to grow profesional
Internal SSC Support (Former Employee), Mexico, MOOctober 24, 2014
Ability to do a remote commute and opportunities to travel. Provide plenty of project opportunities to keep you challenged.
Work hard and Play Hard
Supervisor of Network Operation - (Technician III) (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 22, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: long hours 2hrs shifts
Supervisor of Network Operation - (Technician III)
• Supervisor of Network Operations Center Technician (West Coast Team), take escalations and direct the troubleshooting, isolation and resolution of network outages and degradation within SLAs.
• Providing reports and trends to senior management and initiating change to improve the overall quality of the Clearwire network
• As a supervisor of Clearwire, my role was to communicate with vendors and delegate a plan of action to ensure the resolution of major outages on the Clearwire Network.
• Proactive monitoring of the health and status of network elements to include, but not limited to, wireless base stations and terminal units, wireless back haul, wire line transport, routers, managed switches.
• Products support includes Transport Services: Fibe Optical, Microwave and LEC backhaul (including but not limited to DS1, DS3, and OC12) Hardware: Ciena,Cisco, Juniper, Ekinops. Nortel and Ceterus units. Dragon Wave, Motorola Orthogon, Eband and Redline.
• Troubleshooting of IP networking to Support of 802.16 Wimax Networks.
• Documentation of all technical issues/solutions in company ticketing Services Now.
Beautiful building, great environment, relaxed culture
Order Fulfillment Specialist II (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed culture, great team, productive workload
Cons: contractors are not privy to certain benefits
Sourcing is a great department. The team is a TEAM in every sense of the word, and everyone strives to assist everyone. The workload can be busy at times, yet it's productive. The hardest part of the job is the commute to work, but the company, department and workload are great!!
Fun Work Place with Lots of Learning
Solution Architect (Current Employee), Red Bank, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: global, market leader, advanced, employee friendly
Cons: nothing
Ericsson being number 1 in telecommunication field is one of the best employer in every aspect. You get opportunities to learn, to perform and to cherish your time span.

You get recognized for your hard work.
Wireless Engineer
Engineer II (Former Employee), Overland Park KS, 66251October 9, 2014
Pros: great job, good benefits
Maintain Network quality and restore / upgrade as required for all Nortel, Alcatel Lucent and Samsung sites within Sprint's Network.
Fun Place to work
Network System Admin (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 7, 2014
I have learned that there is always plenty of opportunity to learn at this company. Things here change fast. My co-workers are a fun group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what I have fixed makes a difference.
Good place overall to work.
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee), Plano TexasOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salary.
Cons: cons are managable, none to speak of
The position tends to start early and work late due to the nature of the business.

Ericsson Trains well, the weakness is that the training is normally direct or internet and there is not a lot of direct interpersonal training. The expectation is that once your trained, you know it. This is not always the case. Training is a process and learning over time, not just in the moment.

The management and the co-workers all tend to be qualified and capable.

The job tends to be long, schedules are tough and the Budget is sometimes unrealistic and the expectation is to work with what you get and deal with the issues, it is a positive position where decisions are worked out together. I see this a challenge, but one that is manageable through good communications and ways of working.

The job changes each day and sometimes hourly. It is both challenging and rewarding.
Introduction to Project Coordination
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: early schedule, hour lunch, sprint discounts
Cons: rude management, false hopes of permanent employment, no benefits, no flexibility in schedules if desired
This job allowed me to tap into the Project Coordination side for IT services. I loved the responsibility and learning the ends and out of organizing a project, imputing ideas, and executing. A work day consisted of going over past due logs for e assessed old service calls to close them out properly or have them reworked. Management was very close because they grew up together but could tend to make jokes that were not appropriate for the work place. At times it seemed as if management would belittle you and make comments that implied behavior for certain races and ethnicities by assumption. The most enjoyable part of the job was our department created a Nerf game to keep the atmosphere light. Eventually the entire office joined in including management. I loved the work schedule because it started early. My team mates were amazing. It was only 6 of us and we were close. We worked closely together to ensure everyone's success and not just our own individual success. We loved shining as a group. This job allowed me the opportunity to see how this field works and I enjoy it. I was hired through a temp agency and was consistently told we would be brought on permanently only to actually be let go once our project was completed.
Great Benefits
Program Manager II (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Ericsson has great benefits and great international relations
excellent
BD Director, Ericsson (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: work environment
great place to work. people and mission are great. You know daily that what you are doing is important and vital to sustain US critical missions.
on the forefront of wireless technology
BTS Test Engineer (Former Employee), Totowa, NJSeptember 24, 2014
a decent place to work at and willing to train. emphasis on project management.
not necessary
Senior Systems Engineer & Principal Consultant (Former Employee), jasper gaSeptember 23, 2014
extensive travel with opportunity to work from home.
Hardest part of the job was waiting for contracts to be signed in order to begin work on engagements
Huge company with operations all over the world
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2014
Huge company with operations all over the world which means the culture is really dependent on your particular group.

Healthcare is outstanding and the people are all very smart from what I've seen. HR is a disaster, and their needs to be more of a unified corporate culture.

About Ericsson

Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our – Read more

Ericsson Salaries