Ericsson Employee Reviews

Excellent
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Everything is great I have no complaints, people are great management is great. Work environment is superb, very team oriented and a great place to work.
International company with great opportunities
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Great opportunity to work with a wide variety of people from multiple cultures and countries. Provide support for a wide range of technologies and solutions. High expectation to work over time if needed. Great team work and resources for learning and growth. Lots of deadlines for multiple accounts and high visibility to customer and lots of high expectations on work and results. Requires great communication and people skills.
Pros
Learning Resources, Benefits
Cons
High workload and stress
Ericsson
Project Coordinator/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2017
If you want to be overworked, talked down too, be minimized, mistreated, disrespected by management and discriminated due to your managers insecurities while all the while your work is above par and highly recommended by all the people you work with (PMs CPM and RPM, etc) then you would love this place. But watch your back
Not a healthy place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Emphasis on putting all the American jobs in India. Enough said.

A very poor internal culture allowing for much misogyny and preferential hiring and firing based on nepotism and fraternization, ie. members of the same caste. And or hiring interns and keeping them at an intern salary.

I don't recommend it as it is also losing hugely monetarily each quarter globally.

Sad and the morale is devastated there at the North American offices.
Good compnay but going through too many organisational changes
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 26, 2017
Ericsson has always been a great company to work for, with a balanced workplace culture and different job opportunities available. But with too many restructures the last year or so and uncertain future it's hard to stay motivated.
Summary
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Great Place to start the career and enhance the skill sets by working with the Business, Got the opportunity to work in Sweden for over a year in building the global template.
Fun and Productive Place to Enhance the Skill Sets
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 25, 2017
Great Place to start the career and enhance the skill sets by working with the Business, End Users and the Offshore teams directly. One will have a great learning curve to grow professionally.
Flexible work environment. Open space which is good for working as a team.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 23, 2017
Ericsson took over Telcordia Technologiies in 2012. We moved into their culture which includes open space, game room , free coffee. The work space is nice and lends itself to collaborative working. My line manager has been excellent guiding me through me various challenging assignments. My job involved travel which was exciting but at times was difficult as the client wanted us on-site weeks at a time. I have worked with many bright and motivated people - the teamwork is great.
Pros
Free coffee, flexible - work from home on a regular basis, very good health care
Has its good and bad
Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 22, 2017
Company does try and take care of its customers, and has great benefits. Problem is the Work/Personal life balance. Not uncommon to work a month without a day off.

Very difficult to get ahead if you are an American. Their definition of diversity seems to be anyone that has an accent.
Management and keep changing the structure is killing Ericsson
Head of Implementation Management - SACW (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2017
Management and keep changing the structure is killing Ericsson.

new organization every 12 months without keeping the same managers. from 2014 to 2017 ericsson has lost most of the business in the Middle east, however they are keeping the same KAM and high management regardless the new structure and organization
Best job ever!
Manufacturing Support/Parts-room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I loved my job at Ericsson! Great people, Great Pay, Great Benefits. They were good about continuing education at company time and expense. Good holidays and sick time. I just have nothing bad to say about Ericsson excepting they layed me off to move our "Global Repair Center" to Mexico.
Great pay, not great management
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Senior management not open to input from employees. Sales team not accountable for misquoted work. All responsibility placed on PM to increase margin for projects incorrectly priced and costed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Open seating, can't work from home, frequent policy change
A Great Company Suffering Under Poor Leadership
ICT Architect (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 19, 2017
Ericsson is a great company with a diverse technical profile and a large client base, but it has suffered for many years with poor management and ill-conceived business strategies.

The salary is competitive for the industry, and the benefits package is decent.
Pros
Travel opportunities, challenging and interesting projects
Cons
Poor top-level management, poor business strategies
Ericsson was great
Cloud Support and Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Ericsson until the layoffs started. Now they are reducing headcount with a chainsaw and are cutting US jobs. Other than that, I enjoyed my time there.
Nothing at this time
Implementation/ Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 19, 2017
Only permanent employees see real benefits.
I was not permanent employee and there was no pay for time off there was consideration for time off there was no preference for my position no matter how much i dedicated myself there was not consideration to help when the need arised
Pros
no pros
Interesting work environment with different cultures
Manager R&D operation (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2017
Management reaction was too slow to new changes.
It was interesting to work with different cultures of the branches in different part of the world.
Work balance was hard especially with time differences between branches
Pros
different cultures
Cons
slow decision making
Great Place to work and grow
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Ericsson is in telecommunication space and it serves as a telecommunication vendor to many large telecommunication operators. It had a very good management team in place when I worked there and their benefits and work culture is great
Aaa
Construction Manager II / AT&T Turf (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Great company to work with with great people . Typical day comunicating with contractors and making sure jobs completed in timely fashion . Worplace was quiet and not stressful as long as your doing your job and completing your assignments mamagement s happy .
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Furloughs
Very challenging
Field Tech I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2017
Every day was a different day. Many different challenges presented itself each day. Had to be able to prioritize each day to get the job done as well as pace yourself to be productive each day.
Awful place to work and would not recommend to anyone
eLearning and Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Consistent layoffs every year, low pay, awful managers who have no idea what they are doing. All employees are ruled by fear and intimidation. Those who visibly suck up are given special privileges no others are granted. All but management are held to a higher standard and expected to deliver quality and quantity.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.