Erie 1 BOCES Employee Reviews in United States

Great opportunities
Erie 1 BOCES Teacher Aide Subbing (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2016
In addition to being a classroom aide at summer school, I was also a teacher aide substitute several times. I was placed in Special Education classrooms, mostly with autistic students who were nonverbal. My typical daily duties included working one on one with students to insure IEP goals were being met and assisting in activities and instruction. I learned that each student is different and it is important to adapt and modify instruction to best meet their needs. My co-workers included a classroom teacher and several personal aides. The most difficult part of the job was classroom management, since many of the students had behavioral issues. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped make a difference in these students' lives.
I love working with kids
Special Education, Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 12, 2015
I loved the people I worked with as well as the children. I had great benefits and had weekends, holidays and summers off.
Pros
Cons
I was laid off.
Great Place to Work
Microcomputer Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 8, 2015
One of the best places I have ever worked. Great team environment and everybody is willing to help everybody else. Also great advancement opportunities and training is ongoing.
Job is personally rewarding though not financially
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 9, 2015
I would typically come into a class not knowing what to expect and administer the teachers lesson plans through the day, adapting them to my teaching style and the students needs. I learned a lot at this job but the work was uneven and I needed to move on to somewhere more financially stable.
Productive working enviroment
Multi-Media Specialist and Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 3, 2015
We do outreach, give presentations, facilitate discussions, and have one on ones with young adults (13-24) to share the message about healthy relationships, consent, and more.
Pros
Peer Lead
Cons
Maintaining long-time members
I enjoy the fiel work
Assistant Grant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2014
Its free flowing we do reproductive health programing with youth and adults we also do Truam Trainings.
Pros
multiple disciplines
Cons
administratie red tape
Professional Standards for Employer
Teacher/Instructor of the Blind/Visually Impaired (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYDecember 11, 2013
Erie 1 BOCES is one of the most respected employers for whom I have worked. They fairly assess what is needed for their students. They send teachers of the blind to integrate and manage the blind students' social and academic skills in the mainstream. A typical day at work includes travel to several schools, learning about their school, teachers, administrators and progress in academics. My co-workers have been essential in providing the guidance needed to implement goals and objectives. The hardest part of the substitute's job is leaving the students when your term is finished. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that they are making progress and that they enjoy their adapted modes of learning.
Pros
keeping up my braille/nemeth reading and writing codes..(by sight)
Cons
not enough time to spend with teachers, students, parents, other staff
Loved working there
Financial Aid Adviser (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJuly 18, 2013
Wish I could have continued working there. Awesome management.
Education
Assistant Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYMay 20, 2013
While I enjoy working with students, my goal is to work with them everyday. At my position, I didn't. Co-workers were great.
Very educational and professional environment while incorporating some fun and making some new friends.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJuly 30, 2012
On a typical day at work I will open up my email and check to see if any jobs have come back from proof. If so, I will make the edits to, for example, a school calendar or newsletter. I then will create a PFD proof, send a proof sheet for sign off and wait to hear back. I then will continue onto the next set of output jobs or ongoing jobs as per priority. Everyone at Erie 1 BOCES is extremely nice to me and always made me feel welcome from day one. From the start I was treated like any other employee with the same responsibilities and expectations. I was forced to learn fast and be efficient. I really liked that about this company because they trusted my abilities and I trusted that I would learn a lot, which I have and still do every day!
class training
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 2, 2012
In class we go over medical terminology, medent and microsoft word
teachers opinion
Welding Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 20, 2012
I was a welding teacher for Erie One from 04 to 07. I was treated with dignity and respect and the administration was very professional in all manners. I had to leave with much regret due to family illness and hold therir standards as the bar I measure too.
Pros
professional and polite administration.
Cons
material ordering system

4.5