Erie Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent
Assistant professor (PT) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 26, 2015
An excellent institute of higher learning and community relations. During my tenure at this company, the managers displayed industry knowledge and sought help from my fellow employees.
Attending to students in the computer lab was fun and enriching.
Computer Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 11, 2015
At the ECC computer lab, I helped students with whatever software they were working with. I learned about various software programs, and more about using computers in general. People were respectful and appreciated my help. I was able to do homework when things were slow.
Pros
Allowed to do schoolwork on the job.
Educational and evolving work place.
Student Liaison, Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 17, 2015
I loved working with the professors at Erie Community College. My work schedule was flexible and family friendly. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Flexible, family friendly, educational
Cons
Poor compensation, lack of communication between departments
Working daily with College Professors
Secretary for Math and Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2015
My time as a secretary for the Math and Computer Science departments was rewarding because I was able to be part of the development of curriculum through the completion of the semester. The Professors were hard working and forth coming with information. I was able to learn new programs and management systems. Doing the meeting minutes was not new to me but was informative. Being part of that team was enjoyable daily.
Pros
Working with the Professors on a different level.
Cons
It was only Part-time
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 27, 2015
I enjoy teaching and mentoring. Erie Community College, Humans Service Instructor, Interpersonal Communication,An individual with professional experience in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors who implements imaginative and creative problem solving solutions; is proficient and experienced in economic development, communications, workforce development, government relations, media relations, social media, and grant writing. A strong relationship builder, successful manager, and visionary servant leader who led a large local not-profit entity, facilitated over 10,000 jobs, and millions of dollars in scholarship awards over a 20-year period. Implemented two decades of successful marketing and public relations campaigns driven by the belief that “people give to people,” especially those understand and appreciate the mission and purpose.
Managed the college administrative and academic computing. For my last 4 years managed the Institutional Research activities of the college.
Exec Dir of Institutional Research (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2015
The College Info Systems Director job was satisfying but very time consuming and stressful. The tasks included all college computing which grew in scope and complexity for the staff provided. Enjoyed overseeing all the college computerized records, systems and reports until retiring.
great working environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Working as a computer lab monitor was great getting to work with people first hand and actually eventually building professional/ friend ships is what made going to work worth it. Knowing that I can make a change for the better in someones life beyond computers is what I live for. I love helping people and this job gave me the chance to do so.
The hardest part of the job was internal Politics.
Adjunct Part time teaching Faculty Summers only (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job were the students. I come from working with teams. Sadly there was no interaction with co-workers. I learned that teaching can be as nurturing and satisfying as counseling.
Pros
there was freedom to do the lesson plans and choose texts for the student
Cons
no strong leadership, everyone went after their own glory
Disorganized
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 15, 2014
Disorganized and mismanaged place. Good benefits. Hard environment.
Pros
flexible
Erie Community College is a campus with a dedicated staff of professors and a diverse student body.
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 4, 2014
Erie Community College is a wonderful place to begin a 4-year degree. The transfer of credits to a university or 4-year college is easy and the school has great advisors that help with every decision.
Pros
small, local campuses in orchard park and amherst.
Excellent and Nurturing college setting
Audrey Bard Skills Center - English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 2, 2014
Excellent place to work. Diverse student population, Good place to start a career, but do not look for benefits or full time work.
Pros
good people. diverse student population
Cons
no full time work - adjunct only
flexible schedule and easy to work for students during attending college
Professional Experience (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2014
I can learn about the office jobs during workplace. I can get office experience for my future job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
only part time and give a few hours per week
good place for working
Safety Escort (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2014
Greet students at from desk and provide general information.
Reality
line cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 6, 2014
It was a eye opener to see how my skills would be used in the real world. They help show what it would take to achieve. During the sessions, we learned how to cope with most disasters and to pay attention to everything.
Learning skills necessary to perform GIS analysis.
GIS Certificate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 25, 2014
Very informative GIS certificate program through the local community college in Buffalo, NY. Learning the basic skills needed to perform GIS analysis, interpret GIS created maps, create maps based off of ESRI databases etc.
campus life
Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 3, 2013
Good management, student workers,
assistants
Balance and thinking outside
of the box
school program
Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2013
learned everything I need to know for a career in my field
worked with many different machines and people
Pros
educated on many different machines
Cons
no pay
Productive, fun, with a pool table.
TECHNOLOGY TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 16, 2012
I learned better customer (student) service skills. Management is nice and laid back, take your time and do your best. Co-workers I can live. Hardest part of the job is finding something to do, enjoyable part is educational discounts
Pros
library books, quiet weekends, high speed internet
Cons
no benefits, vacations, or summer hours
Review from an Adjunct
Adjunct Business Professor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 7, 2012
Being an Adjunct at ECC has proven rewarding, challenging and exciting all at the same time!
teaching-classroom with students
Adjunct Professor- Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 3, 2012
I go to school teach and leave. There isn't much more to tell, I am an adjunct professor, I know and understand criminal justice. Getting in front of people and getting the material across to a willing audience is something I can do effortlessly.
Pros
put together my own schedule and all the material that i teach
Cons
financial compensation does not equate to the amount of time and energy required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2