Erie Community College Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for students, not for experienced veterans
CITS Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 22, 2017
I was a bit overqualified for this position and took it as a temporary employment opportunity to find a new position. My temp status was commonly brought up when I needed to take time off and my boss was unaccommodating when I made requests to do so. The job entailed tutoring students with homework related to technology assistance, specifically with computer and printer questions or support. Not a bad temporary gig.
Pros
Consistent schedule, not too busy
Cons
not very interactive, boss was passive aggressive
Independence
Human Services (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 19, 2017
Supportive management and staff. Great educational opportunity. Passionate about clients and meeting their needs. Always work to ensure client care is paramount.
Very Productive place to work and heavily involved with the community
Student Assistant Transportation Department (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2017
I not only worked at Erie community college but I was also a student. ECC made a huge difference for my future y providing me with the skills I need in pursuing any career field.
friendly working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
Teachers are very helpful to new employees and students are very nice. It is a very friendly working environment. I like this school, the coworkers and the students.
I enjoyed my job but there was no unity
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  north campusApril 21, 2017
as an employee at ECC I took pride in my work because it speaks for me. I was employed there for 10 years, upon losing my sister in March 2016, not being aware of the intense grieving process that was taking place. I would not expose my emotions to the public I would sit in my car uncontrollably crying after punching in, about 4 days in a row for a few minutes. I was accused of stealing county time and cause for immediate termination. No verbal warning, suspension, or write up....
Pros
good pay
Not whats expected
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2017
Usually a job with the county or any government body sounds like reasonable money and good security. But here could be further from the case. There truly are no good moves here and the way the place is run is bizmal to say the least. I would love to not be this person and bad mouth my working instutition
A day for a Call Center Rep is always busy answering phones...never a dull moment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 19, 2017
I learned how to work a switchboard phone at ECC, take phone calls, complete mailing tasks my Customer Service Skills grew because of this job and how to maintain a good GPA while being on the work study program.
Pros
It gave me a lot of my Customer Service experience.
Cons
It was hard to maintain my same average each semester to stay on the Work Study Program.
Everyday learn and implement new things
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 19, 2017
I like to work with students by providing them academic support and helping them to implement new ideas. this job not only supporting me financially also keep me fresh on stuff I have learned in my college life.
Great School
FULL TIME STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 21, 2016
It's a great school that has taught me a lot. The class sizes are great and the teachers are very informative. Great place to start and great place to learn.
Learning experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed being a tutor. A typical day at work would be one of teaching foreigners how to read, write, and do math to a college level. This was the place where I discovered that I love helping people. I met so many people from different countries and I absolutely loved learning about their cultures. Sometimes it was kind of hard to help the students due to their language barriers. The great thing was that I always figured out a way to communicate with them whether it was by body language or drawing something the best way I can. I also noticed I had patience for them as well. Everyone thought I was going to be a teacher, and that was not my major. I loved that I was able to use the lab's computers to do my own homework when I didn't have any student and the manager was ok with that.
Pros
I worked were I attended school
Cons
there really wasn't any cons
Excellent
Assistant professor (PT) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 26, 2015
An excellent institute of higher learning and community relations. During my tenure at this company, the managers displayed industry knowledge and sought help from my fellow employees.
Attending to students in the computer lab was fun and enriching.
Computer Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 11, 2015
At the ECC computer lab, I helped students with whatever software they were working with. I learned about various software programs, and more about using computers in general. People were respectful and appreciated my help. I was able to do homework when things were slow.
Pros
Allowed to do schoolwork on the job.
Educational and evolving work place.
Student Liaison, Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 17, 2015
I loved working with the professors at Erie Community College. My work schedule was flexible and family friendly. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Flexible, family friendly, educational
Cons
Poor compensation, lack of communication between departments
Working daily with College Professors
Secretary for Math and Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2015
My time as a secretary for the Math and Computer Science departments was rewarding because I was able to be part of the development of curriculum through the completion of the semester. The Professors were hard working and forth coming with information. I was able to learn new programs and management systems. Doing the meeting minutes was not new to me but was informative. Being part of that team was enjoyable daily.
Pros
Working with the Professors on a different level.
Cons
It was only Part-time
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 27, 2015
I enjoy teaching and mentoring. Erie Community College, Humans Service Instructor, Interpersonal Communication,An individual with professional experience in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors who implements imaginative and creative problem solving solutions; is proficient and experienced in economic development, communications, workforce development, government relations, media relations, social media, and grant writing. A strong relationship builder, successful manager, and visionary servant leader who led a large local not-profit entity, facilitated over 10,000 jobs, and millions of dollars in scholarship awards over a 20-year period. Implemented two decades of successful marketing and public relations campaigns driven by the belief that “people give to people,” especially those understand and appreciate the mission and purpose.
Managed the college administrative and academic computing. For my last 4 years managed the Institutional Research activities of the college.
Exec Dir of Institutional Research (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2015
The College Info Systems Director job was satisfying but very time consuming and stressful. The tasks included all college computing which grew in scope and complexity for the staff provided. Enjoyed overseeing all the college computerized records, systems and reports until retiring.
great working environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Working as a computer lab monitor was great getting to work with people first hand and actually eventually building professional/ friend ships is what made going to work worth it. Knowing that I can make a change for the better in someones life beyond computers is what I live for. I love helping people and this job gave me the chance to do so.
The hardest part of the job was internal Politics.
Adjunct Part time teaching Faculty Summers only (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job were the students. I come from working with teams. Sadly there was no interaction with co-workers. I learned that teaching can be as nurturing and satisfying as counseling.
Pros
There was freedom to do the lesson plans and choose texts for the student
Cons
No strong leadership, everyone went after their own glory
Disorganized
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 15, 2014
Disorganized and mismanaged place. Good benefits. Hard environment.
Pros
flexible
Erie Community College is a campus with a dedicated staff of professors and a diverse student body.
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 4, 2014
Erie Community College is a wonderful place to begin a 4-year degree. The transfer of credits to a university or 4-year college is easy and the school has great advisors that help with every decision.
Pros
Small, local campuses in Orchard Park and Amherst.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2