Erie Construction Employee Reviews in United States

Freedom isn't free
Senior Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 29, 2016
Military veteran looking for something more fulfilling, and I found Erie. Going on 4 years strong now!

The training is excellent, and the tools are top notch. Freedom is around the corner if you work for it.

Since being with Erie, I have noticed myself grow in every way. My quality of life has grown ten fold. The management team is like no other, and will be there to support you in full force. The structure and the integrity the company has is absolutely amazing.

I'm excited to go into work daily, and I can not wait to see what the future has in store!!

This isn't a job, it's one heck of a career!!!
Pros
Amazing income, amazing team, amazing support chain
Cons
Why didn't I find them sooner
worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2016
This company is one of the worst in Rochester. First of, they lie saying you make 700 per week. You maybe get 40 hours per week at 10.00 per hour. When you go knocking on people's doors, they yell at you saying the work they got done was no good. The training is no good, you sit there and listen to stories without any common sense. If you want a stable job that will train you well, this is not the job for you. They lie and lie and once you think you doing well then they have an issue with you. There is no lunch time, maybe 15 minutes, which is against NYS labor laws if working more than 6 hours.
Pros
co workers were okay not the company
Cons
no lunches, no training, no motivation, no 700 per week.
A great place for a career
Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 11, 2016
Erie is on the cutting edge of the home improvement industry, everything from their products, to training, to the way Erie handles its customer and customer service. Erie strives to get better each and every day and helps its employees do the same. Erie has taught me a lot in my 12 year career here as I continue to grow with it, to achieve both my personal and professional goals.
Pros
there is a ton of pros
Cons
The work and dedication can be intimidating to new employees, you have put your trust in Erie and the process. Erie provides the tools for success, its on the shoulders of the individual to follow though.
Great Advancement Opportunities!
Canvas Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 14, 2016
When I began with this company I had no idea the opportunities that were going to come my way with hard work and determination.

Typically you hear of companies that don't reward hard work with advancement or increased salaries... Erie is the complete opposite. After only a few short months I was able to advance, and reap the rewards of all of my efforts.

Great company if you are determined, motivated and hard working.
Long time Employee: Wouldn't Change a thing!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 8, 2016
I have been at Erie for 17 years. I am retiring in June and it will be difficult to say goodbye. Over the years we have become more like family. Erie has been a great employer for this whole time, Hence the reason I have stayed! Great benefits, vacation allowance, and compensation. Erie has allowed me to raise a family in a nice home and take the time I needed to be with them.

I recommend a life time career with Erie Construction!!
very unorganied, and no chance for growth
Door to Door Marketer/ Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Holt, MIMay 25, 2016
drove a minimum of an hour drive in a full van and then walked door to door till 9 at night, usually never got home before 10pm. sales pitch was easy to learn and once you get a feel for the sales, the pay checks were pretty good
Pros
you get alot of hours, which usually brought in over $400 every week
Cons
long car rides plus 6 hours minimum of walking time everyday
Work hard, play hard!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 17, 2016
I have been working at Erie Construction for almost 2 years. Not only am I mentored by some of the top businessmen in the area but I have experienced more in these two years than I have in my professional career thus far.

We recently came back from a company trip, all expenses paid. We were able to bond together as not only coworkers, but family- all while in the sun!!!!

In these two years, I have since bought my first house. I did not have this anywhere in the next year's goal but I worked hard and was able to achieve it before I thought possible.
Pros
Benefits, family like atmosphere, open door policy, ability to climb the ladder
Cons
Working hard can be a con to some but its the only way to make a better life.
Nightmare run! crazy morals cussing all the time
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 30, 2016
Training for 1 week 1 day in the field that was enough ....training was crazy in a small office in St louis constant distractions and trainers who constantly said curse words every other word Super loud! Had to memorize this crazy script which when we got in the house he didnt follow it at all??? Hotel was a nightmare dirty room had to move 3 times on a week! Once in the house for 3 hours the first one sold an old lady a 18k roof she couldnt afford ? Second appointment windows presentation for an hour we were an hour late ...3rd attempt to sell trainer was super rude thew out a crazy high price upset the customer and left me sitting there at there table like a dumb fool he walked out the door without a hand shake ???? Crazy again run wait if you want to rip people off you can make good money!
Pros
the pay
Cons
many way to many
Growth admired and allowed
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2016
The endless advancement path is what drives the company. It truly defines the team atmosphere working here. Everybody is on each others side and we all push each other to the number 1 goal of success!!! Being able to work harder and get paid more for doing so is about as genuine as it gets when it comes to work life.
Life Changing!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2016
I never knew I could accomplish some of the things I have at Erie Construction. It changed me and my families life. If you are willing to work hard and want to succeed in every way, this is a great place to work! It's hard work but in the end pays off big time. Highly recommended!
Erie Construction is a fair and reliable employer
Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 31, 2016
I have worked at Erie for 10 years. The opportunity for advancement and co-workers are great. I enjoy the commission and bonus opportunities that are available to reward hard work.
Pros
Bonus programs for higher productivity
Not bad
CANVASS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Canvass ManagerAugust 9, 2015
Great managers, and co workers. Very team oriented. Bonus potential. The only issue is having to work outside in unbearable weather. You do get paid weekly. Pressure to get leads. Overall the company is great.
Pros
Bonus potential, incentives
Cons
Weather conditions
Great place to work.
Canvasser/Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 29, 2015
There was always room for advancement and room to acquire new skills and to move up in the company.

This was an excellent place to work, with much room for growth.
I love my career!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2016
I had only lived in the area for 3 months when I was presented with the opportunity to work with Erie Construction. From the moment I stepped into the corporate office for my interview, I felt what I can only describe as "the fire". Each person I came into contact with was not only friendly and welcoming, but so confident in themselves! I knew immediately that this was a place I would really enjoy working.

Fast forward three years, and my assumptions from that first day have been more than solidified. Not only do I have the best coworkers I could ever ask for, but I know that the company I work for cares about me, not just as an employee, but as a human being. My coworkers became friends that became family, all with the same goal for personal and professional success at the end of the day. There has not been a single day that I dreaded coming to work, even on days that I knew would be pressure-packed, when I had deadlines to meet, or important conversations needed to take place. Erie has pushed me to become the best person I can be, to uncover my potential, to challenge myself and accomplish goals that I never considered I'd be capable of achieving. Every single day, I can say with absolute confidence that I love my job at Erie Construction.
Pros
Ongoing training and support, energetic work environment, positive challenges, great income
was a good company
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 25, 2015
we were given the opportunity to set our own daily goals. we were given praise for meeting our goals and for meeting sales requirements from the company.
Pros
hours left time for family activities
Cons
not always meeting our goals for the day
Stay away!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 13, 2015
Do yourself a favor and keep looking for another job. I worked at Erie a month, and it was a month too long. Management comes across as professional and ethical throughout the hiring/training process, but are actually anything but. They actually still haven't paid me for my last week of work and won't even reply to my numerous texts, emails or phone calls.
Job consists of 1-5 leads a day, but you don't know schedule until day of. You can drive 100 miles one way to a "qualified" lead only to find out that they aren't home or cancelled the appt. You also don't receive mileage reimbursement.
Ethics are sketchy at best, and unprofessional as a whole. Just do yourself a favor and continue looking for a different, more professional sales job.
Cons
pay (if you get any), no mileage reimbursement, unprofessional atmosphere (crude conversation between management/staff), schedule
Convenient Location
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Lansing MIJune 24, 2015
OK company to work for. I've learned that construction sales is not for me. Very competitive sales team. Enjoyed working there.
Terrible job!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 25, 2014
There is little to no training. It's sink or swim. No advancement and terrible pay. I was out all day alone in random neighborhoods going door to door. They said you'd get a 30 minute lunch break...more like 5 at a gas station .
Another thing, one of my supervisors who hired me would flirt with me and then be rude to me all the time. It made me uncomfortable. My other supervisor was aware but, did nothing. She was fired shortly after I left. She was very disorganized and even had my pay set lower than what it was supposed to be. The kicker was that I don't smoke but, everyone chain smoked in the van as of it was Don Draper's office. You are just another face to them. Don't do it!
Pros
a bit of freedom
Cons
short breaks, poor management, no advancement
All the pressure is on the sales rep, not the company.
Sales Representative-factory representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 4, 2014
Bad training, limited training in the field, little to no compensation for gas, lots and lots of travel with no gas compensation. Questionable management methods. They do not give recommendations either, as a company policy, because they tend to have poor relations with people that leave the company for any reason; valid or not.
Pros
some freedom
Cons
travel, hours, company policies, no gas compensation
erie
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights MissouriApril 30, 2014
A typical day at work includes going into office and having training sessions on sales techniques. Then we get into the field and apply the knowledge we learned that day. I enjoy my coworkers who make my job very fun and getting to talk to all sorts of different people is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part would have to be people that say no and having to sway there mind with sales techniques.
Pros
light physical work
Cons
pay