Erie Construction

Erie Construction Employer Reviews

Productive, and fun, at times!
Telemarketer/Jr. Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 13, 2014
Pros: great commission/incentives
Cons: do-not-call law came around, lol!
Fast paced environment, kept me on my toes. This was a VERY competitive job, but fun to compete for the extras!
erie
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Maryland Heights MissouriApril 30, 2014
Pros: light physical work
Cons: pay
A typical day at work includes going into office and having training sessions on sales techniques. Then we get into the field and apply the knowledge we learned that day. I enjoy my coworkers who make my job very fun and getting to talk to all sorts of different people is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part would have to be people that – more... say no and having to sway there mind with sales techniques. – less
No morals
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Lansing MIJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: no pay, long hours
Cons: nothing at all
I worked as a sales rep for Erie about 8 years ago. They'd supply you with 3-5 leads a day. But you would drive approximately 200 miles every day. They prey on the "payment" customer. I'd rather pick up dog feses for a living than work there again.
Rewarding
Sales Associate (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJanuary 14, 2014
Great fun talking and working with customers. I learned that if you have the ability to meet the customer needs I really need to listen and follow up.
Job lied about the 12.65 an hr
dont know job title. was lied t (Former Employee), nyJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: everything. you will be lied to. take my advice ppl
How do you put in your ad that its 12.65 an hr but lie and pay $10.00. Then when I called in and explained my family emergency and that I won't be coming in you ppl tell me that.. (was I expecting to get paid for the 1 day that I worked)?... Don't worry Erie. I was lied to and didn't get my full pay so Dept of labor will be contacting you. I got paid – more... $10 an hr when clearly ur ad states 12.65. Then u tell me the job is not door to door when in fact it was. Your company will be getting sued for my loss of wages – less
Difficult to Balance life and work
Installation manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 26, 2013
Long days, Underpaid. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
horrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 27, 2013
you worked roughly 10-12 hour days. commission only and would drive in a 2 hour radius for appointments. if the person who bought the product had a poor credit score, the sales was voided and you werent compensated.
Life of A Erie Canvasser
Canvasser (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 12, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of knocking on about 100-150 houses trying to set up an appointment for the following day(s) or weeks for a home remodel inspection. You have your good days where you get about 5-10 leads set up, but you also have 100s of people telling you no and slamming the door in your face.
productive
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Kentwood, MINovember 12, 2012
Worked as a telemarketer where I made calls trying to make appointments for reps to sell vinyl siding, decks, windows, doors and more.
Don't waste your time
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 3, 2012
Pros: lots of free samples
Cons: lies, lies.
This is the crookedest, most illegitimate company I've ever worked for. While they do indeed supply you with about 2 leads a day they are mostly phony, high pressure leads where the consumer was intimidated into seeing a rep. While they have an excellent closing technique, it is right in there with used car sales. Management is also high pressure and – more... lies, cheats and steals from the reps, just like the customers. The hardest part of the job is the daily phone grind where they wear you down and try to transform you intro one of their own. The best part of the job is that they will take almost anybody. I started with 8 guys. All were gond in 6 months, as was the following 12 they hired. Don't waste your time. – less

Jafo – November 13, 2012

fits what we experienced. 3 hour long pitches, overpriced beyond. The use of buddy system toward customer makes me sick.

fun workplace with games and prizes
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJuly 12, 2012
made calls to schedule appointments for reps to show and try to sell windows, doors, vinyl siding, decks and more. they had fun games where if you got a certain amount of appointments in a week you could win money, movie tickets, dinner for two, etc.
Outside sales position with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows
construction products outside sales associate (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 9, 2012
A typical work day would start in the office with daily training at 10am. We would then be assigned daily leads from 1pm to 930pm. Most leads were cold and very uncooperative. Our job was to go into our perspective customers homes and 1 call close them immediately. I learned alot about the world of sales and customer service and am very greatful for – more... the opportunity, however the company culture was just something I could not continue with. My coworkers were some of the best I've ever had and we all had a very solid bond that I found great. The hardest part of my job was that I was being asked to sell something to a customer that they absolutely didnt need or could afford, I'm ethical and found that very difficult. – less

Jafo – November 13, 2012

yep, high pressure sales techniques. rep comes in for 3 hours, hits you with a personal pick your color technique, then tries to outlast you into a sale. over priced and they got me.