Erie County Medical Center
Director of Care Management
Erie County Medical Center, a $500m, 420-bed high performing hospital system is seeking a Director of Care Management to join the #1 trauma center of excellence. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative and high performing organization!
The ideal candidate for this high-profile position will promote the organization’s physician-led, patient-driven and mission-focused culture and will emphasize quality of care. He/she must be dynamic, possess strong leadership skills and lead change.
The Director of Care Management will promote coordination, collaboration and continuity of care and to ensure the most current and appropriate aspects of care are practiced, efficient and effective resource utilization and appropriate, safe and timely discharge plans are developed. The incumbent will evaluate, develop and implement solutions to systems issues that impact payment and length of stay. The position will have responsibility for approximately 75 staff in Discharge Planning, Social Services, Utilization Review and Nurse Case Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required, Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Nursing or related healthcare field preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of utilization review or case management experience, at least one of which must be in a supervisory capacity
- License and current registration to practice as a Professional Registered Nurse
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of case management; thorough knowledge of care coordination, utilization review, discharge planning and third party payor reimbursements/denials
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State, local and hospital regulations and requirements as they relate to case management
- Ability to coordinate work activities within several departments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of administrative, professional and clerical personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in MediTech report writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytical skills
To learn more about ECMC, visit www.ecmc.edu