Erie County Medical Center Corporation Employee Reviews

working at ecmc
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Working at ECMC was awesome the staff the benefits , Everyone worked as one to get the work done and keep our environment pleasant.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, work schedule
Great place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Family atmosphere and a fun place to work. Great co-workers who work together. Benefits are outstanding and pay is good.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Nothing major
Terrible place to work unless you are related to management
Fiscal (Former Employee) –  FinanceNovember 8, 2015
The company has great benefits and pay. I was laid off due to reorganization after many years of service. They don't care about their employees, only the bottom line numbers. People who work there are cruel and will do or say anything in order to keep themselves above anyone. If you work there, do not trust anybody.
Benefits
Cons
Unfair, terrible management, untrusting co-workers
Horrible place to work
Community mental health tech (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 14, 2016
Got assaulted there by a patient, then forced to resign. No one cares about you, not one phone call from anyone to see if you're ok, only when they want you to resign
Pros
Gym, insurance
Cons
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Patient Access Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 27, 2012
My typical day at work was preparing new policies and procedures for my department, along with may other supervisory duities. I have learned keep an open mind to the different ways I and the corporation could improve productivity and reach company goals. I always think it is very important that management work together in making final decisions and always get others input. My employees were very hard working and respectful. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my employees were satisfied with the departments rules and regulations. My job was very rewarding. I enjoy working with people and enjoy helping them in anyway I can.
Pros
pay, vacation time, personal leave time, paid holidays, health benefits
Cons
job security
Watch your back.
Behavioral unit (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 22, 2016
Stimulating environment but extremely political. It is all about who you know and who has been working there the longest and not your qualifications and your hard work. So some get away with everything and others get stuck with the worst shifts, patients, units etc...
And watch who you talk to ... Very much like high school ... Disappointing place overall. High turnover.
Pros
Parking. Insurance. Gym
Cons
No breaks or very short ones if you can get away
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alden Center, NYAugust 28, 2015
County home is a good place to work. Has good benefits and good pay. It is union. Everyone seems to get along and care is good.
A productive place to work with an employee gym
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 22, 2015
I am one of two billers who review and correct outpatient Medicare claims to be billed on a daily basis. I have learned a lot about billing many kinds of insurances. No comment on management. Some co-workers have become good friends while others act like children. The hardest part of my job is to get my own work done in a timely manner on a daily basis while also helping fellow co-workers with their billing issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting a claim paid after several denials.
Pros
Tim Hortons on Campus; employee gym
Cons
not many opportunities for advancement
I'm so ready to quit
Environmental Service (Current Employee) –  Buffalo,nyAugust 24, 2015
I worked in housekeeping although the pay was good their was no room to get out of that position or growth . I have degrees and over qualified and applied for other positions and kept getting denied. I've been there for almost two years and I'm a very good worker come on time and rarely ever call off. Managment in housekeeping sucks too you legit have to kiss their butts not to be overworked , they show so much favoritism and not to mention the rest of the hospital looks at us like we're scum compared to other departments. The coworkers are ok but some act childish like we are in high school
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favoritism
terrible management in sterile prep
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 1, 2015
terrible management in sterile prep. good co-workers. fast paced work environment. need to be a fast learned and able to push at least 50 pounds
If not family no advancement
Patient Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYOctober 19, 2014
I worked for ECMC for three years. ECMC has no room for advancement. Instead of advancing internal employees like they say in employee orientation the supervisor hires external friends and family. I have not seen one employee advance that was not a friends and family of the supervisor. This place is run by family and friends if you question any promotions then you will be gone and another friend will take your position.

ECMC is county which means a civil service exam. Every exam is suppose to be available once a year. I worked two years before the exam was available. When your first hired your provisional and placed on six months of probation. After the exam scores are release you are placed back on six months probation before you are permanent. If you are not permanent ECMC can release or terminate you for any reason they choice and the union can not do nothing to help you in your fight for your position because you are not a permanent employee.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Holiday Pay
Cons
Upper Managment, Parking, Work Culture
Need better management
Certified Biomedical Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2015
Like working here. Major issues with fair trearment. Training is non existent. Managers fail terribly at managing. Feel like a mushroom. ECMC has a kill the messenger climate.
No room for growth
Computer Operator / Systems Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Started out as promising to work for the county. Changes in management and IT transition caused the culture of the workplace to decrease in value. The was no layout for growth opportunity.
Safety net inner city hospital
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2013
Trauma center with high Medicaid and under-served population. Leadership is consistent, but union issues prevail daily.
Satisfying Work
Mental Health Worker III (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2013
Provide individual and group counseling to acute behavioral health patients while providing a safe environment.

2.7