Erie County Medical Center Corporation

Erie County Medical Center Corporation Employer Reviews

No room for growth
Computer Operator / Systems Support Technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Started out as promising to work for the county. Changes in management and IT transition caused the culture of the workplace to decrease in value. The was no layout for growth opportunity.
If not family no advancement
Patient Access Service Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo NYOctober 19, 2014
Pros: paid vacation, holiday pay
Cons: upper managment, parking, work culture
I worked for ECMC for three years. ECMC has no room for advancement. Instead of advancing internal employees like they say in employee orientation the supervisor hires external friends and family. I have not seen one employee advance that was not a friends and family of the supervisor. This place is run by family and friends if you question any promotions then you will be gone and another friend will take your position.

ECMC is county which means a civil service exam. Every exam is suppose to be available once a year. I worked two years before the exam was available. When your first hired your provisional and placed on six months of probation. After the exam scores are release you are placed back on six months probation before you are permanent. If you are not permanent ECMC can release or terminate you for any reason they choice and the union can not do nothing to help you in your fight for your position because you are not a permanent employee.
They don't care about their employees or their families.
CNA (Former Employee), Alden, NYAugust 9, 2013
If you work for this corporation don't get hurt while working for them. They tell you in orientation that all will be taken care of and you have job security if you get hurt. However as soon as you go out on compensation it's another story. They send you a letter in the mail telling you you're a valued employee to reapply after you are finished with tour workers compensation and are released. Then they don't even look at your application after you reapply telling you they need someone with more qualifications. Also trying to find work anywhere else is impossible as well.
I was very good at my position I gave it mg whole heart and went above and beyond to do my work and anything else that was asked of me! I provided more than excellent service to residents, patients and their families. I worked very well with my coworkers and worked many overtime hours to cover for people who were unable to come to work. Residents and families loved me! So this corporation does not care and will not take you back if you get hurt. They hold it against you even though legally they are not supposed to. There's always a way around it red tape is pretty sticky and hard to see through.
Safety net inner city hospital
Vice President (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2013
Trauma center with high Medicaid and under-served population. Leadership is consistent, but union issues prevail daily.
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Patient Access Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: pay, vacation time, personal leave time, paid holidays, health benefits
Cons: job security
My typical day at work was preparing new policies and procedures for my department, along with may other supervisory duities. I have learned keep an open mind to the different ways I and the corporation could improve productivity and reach company goals. I always think it is very important that management work together in making final decisions and always get others input. My employees were very hard working and respectful. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my employees were satisfied with the departments rules and regulations. My job was very rewarding. I enjoy working with people and enjoy helping them in anyway I can.