Erie County Medical Center

Erie County Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

friendly environment, clean work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 1, 2015
helped residents with daily activities helped with transports. Friendly work environment. good coworkers
loved my position
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: the supervisor
I really enjoyed the work I did always interacting with the public either on the phone or in person. trie to be helpful as possible , polite at all times. the hardest part of my job was dealing with my very judgemental supervisor. she was rude and it cost me my job
Thier misson
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good people/ friendly coworkers
Cons: tramatic car accidents / deaths at hospital
ECMC will be a leader in and recognized for:
◾High quality family centered care resulting in exceptional patient experiences
◾Superior clinical outcomes
◾The hospital of choice for physicians, nurses and staff
◾Strong collaboration with community partners to improve access to healthcare and the quality of life and vitality of the region
◾Academic affiliations that provide the best education for physicians, dentists, nurses, and other clinical staff

CORE VALUES

ACCESS
All patients get equal care regardless of their ability to pay or source of payment. We address the health care needs of each patient that we can appropriately serve, without bias or pre-judgment.

EXCELLENCE
Excellence is a standard that will never be lowered; there is an expectation of excellence in all areas.

DIVERSITY
We recognize the importance and value of diversity and the enrichment that diversity can bring to ECMCC.

FULFILLING POTENTIAL
We respect the value and potential of each individual as offering a significant contribution to the good of the whole organization. Personal growth and development is important for organizational success.

DIGNITY
Each individual, no matter his or her limitations, background or situation, has intrinsic dignity and unique capabilities.

PRIVACY
We honor each person’s right to privacy and confidentiality.

FAIRNESS and INTEGRITY
Equity and fairness are guidelines for all decision-making. We demand personal and institutional integrity.

COMMUNITY
In accomplishing our mission we remain mindful of the public”s trust and are always responsive to the immediate surrounding community – more... and our natural environment. This commitment is both as an organization and as individuals. A successful future for ECMCC depends on a vibrant community and a healthy environment.

COLLABORATION
Collaboration with other organizations is beneficial within the context of our mission and is fundamental to achieving our goals.

COMPASSION
All involved with ECMCC”s service delivery demonstrate caring, compassion and understanding for patients, employees, volunteers and families.

STEWARDSHIP
We can only be successful in carrying out our mission through solid financial performance, and by assuring that resources provided to us are used effectively, in the way they were intended, and for the benefit of our patients and community. – less
ECMC
Hospital Public Safety Assistant (Current Employee), BUFFALO, NYOctober 11, 2014
ECMC OVER ALL MORE ABOUT JOB CULTURE, AND LIFE STYLE.
GENEROUS PAY AND MEDICAL CARE/TREATMENT.
ECMC Emergency room
Patient Access Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: wide diversity of patient base and endless learning possiblities
Cons: lack of staffing makes it hard to participate in the many company outings offered
The ED at ECMC is a very busy place. My job requires me to be fast paced and efficient with attention to detail and well rounded because we see every type of patient. Like most successful businesses, it also requires the entire staff to work together in order to complete the task of getting the patient(s) the treatment they need, in a timely fashion and ensuring that their privacy is upheld, as well as ensuring that the hospital can get paid for the treatment, which in turn ensures that all of the providers and staff receive compensation for their hard work. The hardest part of my job is when everyone needs to be in the room at the same time, it is a very small room and many people make it difficult to move around, but you find ways to make it work. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfaction of knowing I've done a good job.
Busy Environment
Police Officer (Current Employee), Buffalo NYAugust 22, 2014
Located on the East side of Buffalo NY everyday is different as far as responses. I have learned alot from this job as far as dealing with different cultures, and different situations that arise on a daily basis. I was given many different Investigations to handle from superiors with success on all of them.
I work in the Health Care industry Center of Excellence at ECMCC
Behavioral health Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work with a great health care team of professional staff.
Cons: work can be demanding at times, and high volume of case load.
I work independently as a Assistant to the Social Work staff in CPEP as a Discharge Planner. My job is to do all active follow up from the ER of Psychiatry. I make sure that anyone that wants the help for treatment and services gets the Services needed. I work with a bunch of nice people and do enjoy my work. I do a great deal of phone and Customer relation Services. I Educate Patient and Families involved in Services that are available to them. I consider myself to be a Referral Resource Expert. I am a Team Player.

I strive to problem solve and make the most of the Customers Experience at ECMC a Good Outcome.
budget cuts
Patient Access Service Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 24, 2014
County keeps the mind set that you can loose your job at any time...stress
make t shirts/dance
food service worker (Former Employee), buffalo,nyMay 28, 2014
Pros: i like to design
Cons: it stressful by myself with two kids
I don't have much of a social because I either focus on school or beginning a mom
fun, always enjoyable and no pressure
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 27, 2014
Pros: the staff, the hours
Best place I have been so far, the staff therapists are fun and incredibly nice. The doctors are very respectful and look to the PT's for advice and guidance on patient discharge.
very detail oriented, very busy, enjoyed working with combination male and female coworkers who were able to assist in all everyday tasks
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: union
Got to work with many different scales of employees...Drs., PA's., RN's., also had many different job opportunities, job requirements. I was always learning new jobs and was always busy.
Well managed departments
Clinical Data Collector (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great work experience
Cons: fast-pace area
Learned a significant amount of how departments work at ECMC
Great Learning environment, teaching hospital
LPN Core Staff (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2013
Wonderful place to work as my first nursing job. It was a teaching hospital giving me the opportunity of working with great nurses, interns and physicians.

Loved having the opportunity of learning so many new skills and developing my nursing skills.
A wonderful place to start out
PT (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Able to obtain experience in various fields, educational and exciting
Functional and safe.
RN (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2013
Patient load appropriate, safety maintained and tasks clearly delegated. RN management and supervisory were phenomenal.
a fun work place with different personalitys.
Hospital Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 8, 2013
Pros: we have a caferteria that opens for a few hours
Cons: we have three breaks two 15 and 1 1/2 hour
I go to work threw doors where security is always there. I punch in and sign in to let them know that im here. as I start my night with a medium cup of coffee I make sure I have a smile on your face I have learned that always keep a smile on your face when you past patients,guest,coworkers and manement. there really nothing to say that make the job hard its easy but sometimes it just can get a little busy.talking and working together with my coworkers.
Ok place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2013
Good benefits, flexible scheduling, alot of opportunity for extra hours.
great place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2013
Hard work pays off , promote from within , great benefits, great people
Great career opportunity
Medical Technologist-Special Chemistry (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: freel health insurance
Cons: low moral
I enjoyed working at ECMC and would love to go back someday. I have grown and advanced as a Medical Technologist here, learning so many things. The people are wonderful too.
productive work place
trauma technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: health benefits, friendly staff
I loved interacting with the patients and staff. I love helping each individual with what they needed