Erie Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Great mission and great people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
Erie is a great place to work! Employees provide quality care to patients in need. In turn Erie management cares for their employees and is always working to make Erie a good place to be. The culture is positive and fun. Everyone works really hard - from our CEO to our line staff. It is not easy - very fast paced and demanding. But working with great people, for a fulfilling mission, makes it worthwhile.
Pros
Mission, full benefits, fair pay
Positive environment and passionate employees
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
I have worked at Erie Family Health Center for nearly 3 years. I am so happy here! It is a great place to work, grow and learn; you are able to truly become more professional, more compassionate to others, more motivated because everyone is excited about their jobs. The employees strive to accomplish the mission of Erie... "Provide accessible, affordable and high-quality health care to people in need. Health care is a RIGHT not a privilege."
Up and downs
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2017
Great to work with MA's
Doctors were great to work with
Always met the 40 hours or times the MA's have to count their hours to make sure their working their 40 hours and not less.
Favoritism with management
Poor management
Well cared for environment. Employees kept informed of company events.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Comfortable workplace environment. Always busy which is a positive thing. I enjoyed working in Patient accounts because I learned about processing of medical insurance which and how it applies to our daily lives. The employees at Erie were friendly and easy to work with. The most difficult part about working at Erie was those occasions when we could not provide the service needed by the patients; the most enjoyable part of the job was when we could.
Pros
Benefits. Care for employees.
Cons
Advancement possibilities limited.
Fast paced office enviornment work place
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Daily day consists of scheduling educating patients on insurance questions canceling changing apts , paging on call doctors or flagging nurses about patient needs for a call back.
Pros
very flexible, often trainings, very organized, value employees
Cons
very stressful at times, rude patients
Good experience
Behavior Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
This was an excellent atmosphere to gain much needed experience and exposure to the wonderful field of counseling. I was actually working at two different locations and serving in two very different capacities, but I was reasonably happy at both sites.
Pros
Nice people to work with, great exposure, creative freedom
Cons
unpaid
Do not apply
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
If you love working in the Healthcare field DO NOT APPLY at Erie West Town! Worked here for a couple of weeks there is NO teamwork, very unprofessional, managers talk bad about their peers, staff both front desk and clinical are ghetto, rude and ignorant to patients and each other. I didn't want to give any stars but had no option to skip!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No parking, very unprofessional and ghetto
Relaxed and welcoming
Patients Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
Erie Family Health Center is very positive. Gabriela is so easy to speak to in billing and everyone is willing to help. It's a great location and great people
Fast pace work environment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
You will learn fast as its a very busy and fast environment. I basically learned everything I know today from working at Erie. Management is ok but plays favoritism. The team is incredibly talented. My few cons are that there isn't much room for advancement and the compensation and raises are terrible! It's really sad that the medical assistants there get paid so little for all the hard work they do. It seems as if their work duties keep increasing but their pay barely stays below competitive levels.
Pros
Great team and doctors
Cons
Terrible pay
The culture is great
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
Enjoyed working for erie, no growth potential, does not promote from within, pay scale is below average.Company believes in helping those less fortunate than others.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale is less than average
Great place to work, learn and gain real teammates
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Erie is a great community health care organization. They provide very good care to all their patients - kids and adults. They provide medical care and community support services when patients need them. I like the community and team culture at this organization. You will learn more than you do at school or at hospitals.
Pros
Leaders, employees, fun culture and career growth
Cons
Just the normal healthcare stuff - nothing specific to Erie
Decent place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
The entry level staff are friendly & approachable while most of the upper managament is unapproachable & bias.

the most enjoyable part of my job was greeting same level staff and patients. Also the friendships I made along the way was great.
Pros
flexible
Cons
nepotism with administrative staff
Unfair treatment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2016
This is more a one race community then mixed they have favoritism towards workers and people this company needs to improve with their employees and policy
Pros
N/a
Cons
Rude unfair treatment
outgoing work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
most important part of my day is knowing i made a difference in someones life. A typical day at work was busy and co-workers always did what they could to help eachother out.
Too much favoritism, low pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
You are expected to do so much more than your overall duties with too little pay. You are not given enough time to do what you are 'supposed' to do. Management sucks! You do the work of 2+ medical assistants. Very stressful work environment. Just to name a few of the negative things this place has.
Pros
Nice docs
Cons
Everything else
Great working enviornment
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Very knowledgeable staff and learned a lot about the medical field. Checked in patients as well as scheduled appointments and managed files. Great customer service experience and wonderful co workers.
Pros
good job experience
Good Place to Work
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
has a good experience working. I develop and growing as a person and in the professional area. I learned a lot of new things like computers program(cornerstone), data entry and reports. I had a good communication with my co-workers and providers working as a team.
Great employment
Patient Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 17, 2015
Working for Erie family health center was a great experience over all. I enjoyed the training the meetings and the help they provide to patients. Erie family health center believes that health care is a right not a privilege and helped and offered very affordable healthcare needs.
Team Player
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 11, 2015
I rate my employment a 5 star . It's a great experience to work for this company. I have learned a lot and the providers are awesome!
Patient Benefit Advicate/Navigator
Patient Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILMay 30, 2015
Working for Erie Family Health Center has been a great experience. Here at Erie we believe health care is right not a privilage. We provide accessible, affordable and hight quality health care for those in need. We priortise in all of our patients and help them out in any possible way. We try to make sure we answer all of out patients questions and take care of all their health care needs. My postion in Erie is not only to check patients in, i make sure my patients have updated information i verify theyre insurance eligibility shcedule follow up appoinments take payments and the list goes on. I also Helped alot of our patients enroll in to health insurance the first open enrollment perido and the second open enrollement period.