Erie Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work, learn and gain real teammates
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Erie is a great community health care organization. They provide very good care to all their patients - kids and adults. They provide medical care and community support services when patients need them. I like the community and team culture at this organization. You will learn more than you do at school or at hospitals.
Pros
Leaders, employees, fun culture and career growth
Cons
Just the normal healthcare stuff - nothing specific to Erie
Decent place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
The entry level staff are friendly & approachable while most of the upper managament is unapproachable & bias.

the most enjoyable part of my job was greeting same level staff and patients. Also the friendships I made along the way was great.
Pros
flexible
Cons
nepotism with administrative staff
Unfair treatment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2016
This is more a one race community then mixed they have favoritism towards workers and people this company needs to improve with their employees and policy
Pros
N/A
Cons
Rude unfair treatment
outgoing work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
most important part of my day is knowing i made a difference in someones life. A typical day at work was busy and co-workers always did what they could to help eachother out.
Too much favoritism, low pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
You are expected to do so much more than your overall duties with too little pay. You are not given enough time to do what you are 'supposed' to do. Management sucks! You do the work of 2+ medical assistants. Very stressful work environment. Just to name a few of the negative things this place has.
Pros
Nice docs
Cons
Everything else
Good organization horrible employees
Team Leader Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Erie has a lot of young people working for them who are not professional especially at the humboldt park location, pay is not that great, raises are not often given and you will work more than your scheduled time
N/a
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2012
Benefits are ok but pay sucks. Too much favoritism within the company. Company outings are fun, which are held every summer.
It is an interesting place to work at
RN Consultant, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
I would like to say that I enjoy to work at Erie. There are some management issues that I feel should be heard among the employees. They are being overlooked at times and it can become a real problem. The chances of advancement are pretty good in that I have been given an opportunity to advance on my own, even though it was not the position I was looking for.
Pros
Adaptable to schedules
Great working enviornment
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Very knowledgeable staff and learned a lot about the medical field. Checked in patients as well as scheduled appointments and managed files. Great customer service experience and wonderful co workers.
Pros
good job experience
Patient Benefit Advicate/Navigator
Patient Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILMay 30, 2015
Working for Erie Family Health Center has been a great experience. Here at Erie we believe health care is right not a privilage. We provide accessible, affordable and hight quality health care for those in need. We priortise in all of our patients and help them out in any possible way. We try to make sure we answer all of out patients questions and take care of all their health care needs. My postion in Erie is not only to check patients in, i make sure my patients have updated information i verify theyre insurance eligibility shcedule follow up appoinments take payments and the list goes on. I also Helped alot of our patients enroll in to health insurance the first open enrollment perido and the second open enrollement period.
Good Place to Work
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
has a good experience working. I develop and growing as a person and in the professional area. I learned a lot of new things like computers program(cornerstone), data entry and reports. I had a good communication with my co-workers and providers working as a team.
No job security
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Too much favoritism. No job security at all. Erie recycles employes. Too many young medical assistants straight out of school so Erie can pay at lowest hourly rate. Some Team leaders don't know how to do their jobs as leaders due to lack of proper training. Erie hires and fires. One comes, then one goes.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else!
Great employment
Patient Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 17, 2015
Working for Erie family health center was a great experience over all. I enjoyed the training the meetings and the help they provide to patients. Erie family health center believes that health care is a right not a privilege and helped and offered very affordable healthcare needs.
I work for eight year with the company.
Case Manager, Team Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
I start working with Erie since 2006. I start as Case Manager Assistance two year later, I was promoted to Case Manager and on the last year I'm the Team Leader Case Manager to six staff. Erie is a company give opportunities to grow with in the company. I learned a lot with our patience. One of the most enjoyable part of the Job is to serve our client empower them to success in life.
Pros
401, bonus, no weeekends
Cons
high health insurance cost
Patient Interaction
In-person Counselor (Affordable Care Act (Current Employee) –  2418 W Division StreetAugust 9, 2014
Help patient's to see if the are eligible for insurance through the Affordable Care Act. I make doctor appointments for patients. Supervisors and management are helpful when it's needed.
Pros
Love helping patients with any questions that they have.
Great organization to help build your career
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2012
A day in HR is very busy processing new hires every two weeks, administrating/coordinating new hire orientation, administrating performance reviews for employees every 3 months, enrolling employees into their benefit packages, etc. The hardest part is dealing with employees that are demanding to the HR team.
Pros
great staff! very loving and caring
Cons
n/a
AmeriCorps member at Erie
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2013
Assisted with programs, learned a lot but position only for a year, not much room for advancement.
Team Player
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 11, 2015
I rate my employment a 5 star . It's a great experience to work for this company. I have learned a lot and the providers are awesome!
Fast pace and very profecional
Team Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2013
I perform all medical assistant duties like vitaling patients, administer injections as needed among other things. As the team leader I create schedules, assign tasks and ensure that we are fully stocked with supplies.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Currently under staffed.
Construction/office manager
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
I was responsible for all acounting duties and i had awesome bosses. I ran the office. and loved it . I wouldnt mind going back to work for them
Pros
loved my job
Cons
layed off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Family Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Erie Family Health Center Reviews by Location