Erie Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
has a good experience working. I develop and growing as a person and in the professional area. I learned a lot of new things like computers program(cornerstone), data entry and reports. I had a good communication with my co-workers and providers working as a team.
Great employment
Patient Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 17, 2015
Working for Erie family health center was a great experience over all. I enjoyed the training the meetings and the help they provide to patients. Erie family health center believes that health care is a right not a privilege and helped and offered very affordable healthcare needs.
Team Player
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 11, 2015
I rate my employment a 5 star . It's a great experience to work for this company. I have learned a lot and the providers are awesome!
Patient Benefit Advicate/Navigator
Patient Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILMay 30, 2015
Working for Erie Family Health Center has been a great experience. Here at Erie we believe health care is right not a privilage. We provide accessible, affordable and hight quality health care for those in need. We priortise in all of our patients and help them out in any possible way. We try to make sure we answer all of out patients questions and take care of all their health care needs. My postion in Erie is not only to check patients in, i make sure my patients have updated information i verify theyre insurance eligibility shcedule follow up appoinments take payments and the list goes on. I also Helped alot of our patients enroll in to health insurance the first open enrollment perido and the second open enrollement period.
Construction/office manager
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
I was responsible for all acounting duties and i had awesome bosses. I ran the office. and loved it . I wouldnt mind going back to work for them
Pros
loved my job
Cons
layed off
No job security
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Too much favoritism. No job security at all. Erie recycles employes. Too many young medical assistants straight out of school so Erie can pay at lowest hourly rate. Some Team leaders don't know how to do their jobs as leaders due to lack of proper training. Erie hires and fires. One comes, then one goes.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything else!
Patient Interaction
In-person Counselor (Affordable Care Act (Current Employee) –  2418 W Division StreetAugust 9, 2014
Help patient's to see if the are eligible for insurance through the Affordable Care Act. I make doctor appointments for patients. Supervisors and management are helpful when it's needed.
Pros
love helping patients with any questions that they have.
Friendly
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2014
Friendly to a fault. Complaints were not handled well. Everyone was too nice, took away from the reality it was a job.
Pros
family orientated
Cons
too close for comfort.
I work for eight year with the company.
Case Manager, Team Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
I start working with Erie since 2006. I start as Case Manager Assistance two year later, I was promoted to Case Manager and on the last year I'm the Team Leader Case Manager to six staff. Erie is a company give opportunities to grow with in the company. I learned a lot with our patience. One of the most enjoyable part of the Job is to serve our client empower them to success in life.
Pros
401, bonus, no weeekends
Cons
high health insurance cost
It is an interesting place to work at
RN Consultant, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
I would like to say that I enjoy to work at Erie. There are some management issues that I feel should be heard among the employees. They are being overlooked at times and it can become a real problem. The chances of advancement are pretty good in that I have been given an opportunity to advance on my own, even though it was not the position I was looking for.
Pros
adaptable to schedules

Want to know more about Erie Family Health Center?

Ask a question
Fast pace and very profecional
Team Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2013
I perform all medical assistant duties like vitaling patients, administer injections as needed among other things. As the team leader I create schedules, assign tasks and ensure that we are fully stocked with supplies.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
currently under staffed.
Very Busy Workplace growing rapidly
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2013
review & correct claims every morning before they go out to the correct insurance carrier, post insurance payments, work on several special projects
Good organization horrible employees
Team Leader Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Erie has a lot of young people working for them who are not professional especially at the humboldt park location, pay is not that great, raises are not often given and you will work more than your scheduled time
Productive and fun workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2013
Enjoyed the work enviorment and great co-workers. I learned a lot especially working as a medical assistant you will tend to learn something new everyday.
AmeriCorps member at Erie
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2013
Assisted with programs, learned a lot but position only for a year, not much room for advancement.
N/a
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2012
Benefits are ok but pay sucks. Too much favoritism within the company. Company outings are fun, which are held every summer.
Great organization to help build your career
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2012
A day in HR is very busy processing new hires every two weeks, administrating/coordinating new hire orientation, administrating performance reviews for employees every 3 months, enrolling employees into their benefit packages, etc. The hardest part is dealing with employees that are demanding to the HR team.
Pros
great staff! very loving and caring
Cons
n/a

Comment – April 30, 2013

It was easy to apply i can't wait to get a call from you.....