Erie Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania and North CarolinaNovember 1, 2017
Only left because of retirement. Had a great job at a great place and enjoyed the “team” and the opportunity to work from home as a remote employee. Advancement opportunities are plentiful.
rewarding and must be a team player
CLAIM SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Windber, PASeptember 17, 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work. Great team work, fast pace but enjoyable. Learned a lot of computer skills and data entry. I wish I could go back and continue my employment due to I enjoyed my position and it was rewarding for me.
Great Place to work
Policy Servicing Specialists I WC (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 13, 2017
I feel honored to be apart of this awesome company. I can't say enough positive things about the people or the environment. I fell the experience has made me a better person.
I would not work at the Murrysville PA location
Billing support (Former Employee) –  MurrrysvilleSeptember 7, 2017
The training was absolutely awful! No computer for two weeks! Had to sit next to an awful woman and try to watch and learn while she sped through everything without giving me the chance to absorb everything. She used curse words, rolled her eyes, sighed, made rude gestures, and complained constantly about her job, the company and the Supervisor. I could not possibly learn the tasks at hand and she made me a nervous wreck. I was relieved when my assignment ended. I am not a quitter but she made me feel incompetent and stressed. Worst training I ever had in my entire life!
Pros
Nice atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Long term employees not welcoming and supportive at all
Great Place to Work
Claims Facilitator (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 26, 2017
Once you have been hired into the company management makes it simple to get promoted. Just perform well and utilize the free education and you will go far.
Co workers were a good bunch
Senior Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2017
Ok place to work. Volume was high. Management lacked knowledge especially in the area of coverage. Benefits were good compared to other similar companies.
Stay away
Senior Project Manager - PMO Advisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 14, 2017
This is the worst organization to work for. The Nepotism is the primary managing doctrine. Mid Level Management and Supervisor Level do not recognize employee expertise. If you are not in "Their Clique" you get assigned all the worst assignments.
Pros
Cons
Every
Hard Job
First Notice Of Loss Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 8, 2017
Workers can be great, but it is always a stressful and fast paced environment. Constant phone calls, barely time to make it to break or lunch. Everyday there are new rules to follow when filing claims. The workplace is always in a constant state of change.
Hope you like to work all the time!
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
You have to work all the time. Managers don't care how many hours you work they just want the job done. You don't get paid any overtime! All you do is work and when you ask for help the managers get upset with you. You get the work of 3 people put on 1 person. If you like to work all the time and not get paid for it then this is the job for you. If you like to see your family, then don't work for this employer.
good company to work for
Customer service agent ( CSA ) (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVJuly 27, 2017
Love my job , the hours are great but i do not make enough money to survive on my own. The company itself is great , along with the rates and coverage options you have. Would stay if i could get more money,,,
Great company, and reasonable rates
Telemarketer/Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  PGH, PAJuly 24, 2017
Every angel this company takes is one that will always make a customer happy. There rates and employes our both great. I suggest Erie for the best rates.
Pros
Everyone is so helpfull
Cons
Can't find any
Determined, adaptive to situation, work hard and good communication skills
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 20, 2017
Currently part of Prod Support Team, you get to work on multiple systems.Has hectic schedule but the day is lightened with the amazing people around. Feels like family.
Pros
Great exposure
Cons
Adictive
Special lunch days
Out going mail (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 19, 2017
Just try to stay busy even when it's not nothing to do.make friends be more social.but most of all have fun or well try to have fun .also wear comfortable shoes and bring headphones.
Pros
Only on certain days
Cons
Half and hour break
One of the best companies I've worked for.
Senior Regional Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2017
I worked there for 15 years. Every company has its issues but this one truly did a great job developing it's employees and hiring from within. They had a great structure when I was there.
Pros
Employee development
Excellent and positive work environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 3, 2017
Supervisors have an open-door policy and are always available for any concerns or assistance. They have excellent benefits. They focus on making your work experience as positive as possible. They are concerned about employees health and over all well-being.
Great work environment
Commercial Lines Intern II (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 12, 2017
Erie Insurance promotes a extremely friendly atmosphere. Everyone comes to work willing to help others. Erie Insurance also promotes excellent service to its customers. Be prepared to work extremely hard to satisfy a customer's needs.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
Cafeteria is expensive
workplace
Medical Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA 18018June 2, 2017
erie is a great company to work for. they have awesome benfits and are for there employes. They give you all your vacation and benfits the day you start.
An excellent company to work for!!
Senior Software Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 7, 2017
This company is a highly family oriented company that provides security, education, and very good benefits.
It can be fast paced and stressful but the culture, benefits, and relationships obtained more than make up for it.
Pros
Education, Flex work hours, culture
Cons
Some management
File/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2017
I had good and bad experiences. I learned a lot and like working there.
The benefits were good and some people there weren't nice. Some Managements were fair and some weren't.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great place to work
SQL Server Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 25, 2017
i enjoyed working ehre , it as agreat place to work and ver hnice people that work ehre , i enjoyed it and it was a great time . good fun and no problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.