Erie Insurance Group

Erie Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Senior Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: workload
I should have remained here in hindsight, but I didn't. The managers were great, all of the co-workers were great and I thoroughly enjoyed my employ there.
Good people, old IT infrasructure
Project Manager - Professional Curriculum (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 15, 2014
Pros: lovely work space
Cons: it
ERIE Insurance is a well-established insurance company that has a high profile in its home city. It's enjoyable to work there. The corporate culture stresses service excellence and strives to reward it. The drawback to working there are the IT problems, which are many. It can be frustrating to work there sometimes, because their IT network is old, weak – more... and built like patchwork. – less
Lead Mail Processor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Great place to work. Consistent hours and good pay. Positive work force.
Good place to work with excellent benefits
Claims Support Specialist III (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PADecember 19, 2013
Typical day at work was assisting customers internally and externally.
Learned various accepts of the Insurance Industry. Employees are pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was telling customers they didn't have coverage for their claims.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their concerns and helping to obtain – more... a solution if possible. – less
A fun and enjoyable place to work
Business Objects Developer (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 28, 2013
Erie is deeply rooted in a family culture. A typical day of work is challenging and rewarding. I learned that by pushing the envelope and never being satisfied it allowed me to grow and pursue all the opportunities I have attained there. I thoroughly enjoy working with all my team members. I love to learn and my team members have always had a wealth – more... of information to attain, and are always willing to teach. I found that no matter how good one team member is the team is what allows us to achieve goals and make the end product. The hardest part of the job is understanding what the business wants and being able to clearly articulate back to them what they will get. Communication and understanding are the key elements for a smooth project. The best part of my job is working well with my coworkers to produce a high quality IT product that we can all be proud of. – less
Great Company to work for
Development and Production Support (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 5, 2013
I have been with Erie Insurance for past 6 years, its a great company to work for.
Erie Insurance is a good work place to obtain working experinece.
Accounting Services Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Erie,September 1, 2013
A typical day at Erie Insurance involves multi-tasking – leadership, consulting, decision making, time management, interactions, problem solving/resolving issues promoting s compliance and enforcement of company policies and procedures, training among other job responsibilities.

What I learned – management, analytical, financial skills and interpersonal – more... skills. Leadership, patience, listening skills, relationships with co-workers/customers.

Management - various leadership styles, continuously moving forward to keep competitive in the industry.

Your co-workers - good team players, good interpersonal skills, open for growth.

The hardest part of the job – limitation - due to the fact that it is a certain level, my skills cannot be fully utilized.

The most enjoyable part of the job – challenges and accomplishments. – less
Part time Temp employee
Data Control / Print Operator 1 (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Experiencing the position of print operator 1 was fun and supervisor was great. Co-workers was helpful. Hardest of the job is to make sure paper and setting is correct and do not want to waste paper.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE WITH GREAR COWORKERS
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 29, 2013
GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN WITH GREAT COWORKERS. DELIVERED GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Exceptional!
Senior Inside Claims Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 14, 2013
Great place to grow and learn to be business minded; good working ethics, wonderful group of people!
Large company
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 8, 2012
The employees are largely treated well by the ownership and by management
Material Damage Adjuster II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2012
Pros: benefits, pay, advancement
Cons: management, wrapped vehicles
I loved my career with Erie and would love to work with them again if they moved to Texas!
teacher
recruiter (Former Employee), monongahela, paJuly 16, 2012
caring for the children and making sure they were taken care of.