Erie Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Good company that supports its Employees
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2016
Erie Insurance supports a good work-life balance. Employees are respected. Erie promotes innovation and collaboration. There is a unique culture where everyone does their best to help our customers. The management opportunities are few and succession planning is poor.
Pros
Onsite amenities
Cons
Limited management opportunities
Learned job skills and social skills
Concessions Worker, Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 30, 2016
I learned how to communicate with customers and authority, money handling and inventory skills. I enjoyed the customer interactions and co-workers were social and very friendly.
Pros
paid by the night
Cons
not enough work days
Friendly Staff
Event Security (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 10, 2016
I enjoy working with the public. The patrons have been respectful. I enjoy my co-workers. They are Always willing to aide and assist
Fun workplace and successful culture
Sales Agent/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYApril 9, 2016
Successful company that treats their employees as good as they treat their customers. Competitive rates and very helpful customer service and claims services. Hours are very comfortable to enjoy life also. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interactions with coworkers and clients.
An opportunity where I have learnt a lot
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 16, 2016
A very pleasant environment to work. My manager has been pleased with my work and I am looking for similar opportunities,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 29, 2016
The benefits were good as well as pay, management is average and the atmosphere is pleasant. position was monotonous and boring.
IT Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I hesitate to review this or any company I formally worked for as it may hinder my job prospects in the future. Wording that seems fine to me may be taken differently by someone who is currently working for that company or other companies.

Add to that, I did not work directly for Erie Insurance, I was a temp hired there but stayed for 6 years and was never hired on as ful time.
Pros
Healthcare, good office environment
Cons
Had to work below street level and was feeling some small health issues as a result.
Easy going place to work
Business Continuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Good job, good people to work with and for. The work was a bit mundane at times but we always had a good time. Management was probably the best I've ever had at any job. Work was usually in a cubicle setting.
It's an Ok place to work for
First Notice of Loss Rep I (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2015
I work in the claims department. Nothing exciting about the job. Typical work week is part time hours and taking claims. Part timers aren't really included in much that goes on during normal business hours.
Pros
Higher wage than most
Cons
Benefits could be better for part timers/higher raises
Great support and supervisors
Mda auto adjuster (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PANovember 25, 2015
I came to this company from another insurance company,and it was the best move ever. I am an adjuster and work remotely, you are responsible for your workload and it does get busy, but the work does not go unnoticed. Great benefits and company car.
Pros
Company car and retirement benefits
Cons
Great company to be part if you have a normal supervisor.
Commercial Processing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 17, 2015
I worked here for 16 years, the last 5 years was a never ending cycle of lies, sabotage & retaliation from my supervisor. Upper management is a joke, I was never able to express the way I was being treated because I was immediately told I was the one in the wrong. Human Resources & Employee Relations automatically back up supervisors regardless of what I was being put through every single day. It was extremely shocking to me that a company of this stature allowed this happen to one of their employees & not honoring their own Code of Conduct. After dealing with this for so many years it really took a tole on me & I chose to quit. It is still upsetting that this supervisor got away with everything & I was the one that had to walk away to save the last bit of sanity I had left after years & years of bullying.
Pros
Met so many wonderful people
Cons
Bullying, poor raises
Excellent Employeer
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 16, 2015
Erie is a leader in the insurance industry and offers terrific benefits as well as opportunities to grow. I have been employed at The Erie for 20 plus years and consider every day as a way to follow my passion while contributing to the strategic vision of the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Erie
Clerical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 5, 2015
I scanned medical bills, Injury, checks, and went through it all to see if any had to be put into a pile of investigation. Which putting it into that pile means we would have to call up the customers and see if their claim number matched the number on the bills.
Too much recent turn over
New York Branch Claims (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2015
The last two years since the new manager took over have seen a lot of employees leave . It seems like people are being forced to quit or retire. I am hoping to hang on until retirement but the workload is way too much. They won't replace people when they leave so we are doing the work of two or three people. Now they are sending a lot of our work to PA office. There are rumors of downsizing and centralizing our jobs.
Pros
I have a job at least for now
Cons
Low pay for NY, horrible health insurance, too much workload, bad management, they harass you to take classes but they don't do anything for you, too many managers play favorites
productive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PaSeptember 22, 2015
Great people, nice company to work for. A little unorganized but they manage to get things done.If you are looking into insurance then this will be probably one of the best companies for you to join.
The establishment itself was very professional
Inside Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work was handling claims in insurance regarding vehicle accidents. I learned the ins and outs of handling claims in a timely manner. Management was very professional and understanding. My co-workers were positive and helpful in the work place. The hardest part just maintaining your work load, but the most enjoyable was all the perks that came along with the job itself.
This is Erie's pride & joy
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 21, 2015
I cannot speak for the rest of the company but this is an awful place to work in IT. The company uses ITIL standards and they are not implemented correctly. One of the biggest struggles in this place is trying to get your work completed without having to jump through a million hoops. Trying to find a competent resource is harder than finding a needle in a hay stack. In fact I'm pretty sure more than half the IT staff was promoted up from the mail dept.

If your close to retirement and sitting around all day is your thing, this is the job for you. If you actually want to learn about the career you have chosen, don't work here. If you think that management will help... Forget it. Management at Erie insurance is absent. I mean they have people with the word in their title, but that's as far as it goes. In fact they have IT Managers here that neither part of their job title describes them. Idiot is definitely a better description for many of these people.
Just because someone works in IT doesn't mean they know IT. Although most of the people here are dedicated and have participated in the drinking of the kool-aid. I find it very difficult listening to these clowns in meetings while keeping a straight face.

If your close to retirement and sitting around all day is your thing than this is the job for you. If you actually want to learn about the career you have chosen, don't work here. If you think that management will help... Forget it. Management at Erie insurance is absent. I mean they have people with the word in their title, but that's as far as it goes. In fact they have
  more... IT Managers here that neither part of their job title fits. Some of these people have trouble with just the basic understanding of a computer experience.

It's a good place if you need money but I couldn't imagine staying until retirement. They put a lot of effort into the company's reputation which is a huge let down when you start working for them.
Pros
The laughter because it's just like being in the movie Office Space
Cons
Management is awful and too many people in positions they should not be in
First Part Time Job
Commercial Underwriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 29, 2015
Working at this Law firm was my first part time job! I loved the experience and it grew my interest in law further. I began taking law classes in conjunction with my business classes because of this position!
Great Place to work
Cash Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 9, 2015
Loved working here and the team that I worked with. This company has a great advancement program and promoting within. I only worked for a temporary assignment but I definitely wouldn't mind working for them again.
Friendly place of employement
EMT / Security (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 28, 2015
Erie Insurance is a company with family first values. The company makes sure that the employees are well taken care of. Erie Insurance is a great place to work.