Erie Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to be part if you have a normal supervisor.
Commercial Processing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 17, 2015
I worked here for 16 years, the last 5 years was a never ending cycle of lies, sabotage & retaliation from my supervisor. Upper management is a joke, I was never able to express the way I was being treated because I was immediately told I was the one in the wrong. Human Resources & Employee Relations automatically back up supervisors regardless of what I was being put through every single day. It was extremely shocking to me that a company of this stature allowed this happen to one of their employees & not honoring their own Code of Conduct. After dealing with this for so many years it really took a tole on me & I chose to quit. It is still upsetting that this supervisor got away with everything & I was the one that had to walk away to save the last bit of sanity I had left after years & years of bullying.
Pros
Met so many wonderful people
Cons
Bullying, poor raises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 29, 2016
The benefits were good as well as pay, management is average and the atmosphere is pleasant. position was monotonous and boring.
It's an Ok place to work for
First Notice of Loss Rep I (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2015
I work in the claims department. Nothing exciting about the job. Typical work week is part time hours and taking claims. Part timers aren't really included in much that goes on during normal business hours.
Pros
Higher wage than most
Cons
Benefits could be better for part timers/higher raises
Easy going place to work
Business Continuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Good job, good people to work with and for. The work was a bit mundane at times but we always had a good time. Management was probably the best I've ever had at any job. Work was usually in a cubicle setting.
IT Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I hesitate to review this or any company I formally worked for as it may hinder my job prospects in the future. Wording that seems fine to me may be taken differently by someone who is currently working for that company or other companies.

Add to that, I did not work directly for Erie Insurance, I was a temp hired there but stayed for 6 years and was never hired on as ful time.
Pros
Healthcare, good office environment
Cons
Had to work below street level and was feeling some small health issues as a result.
Excellent Employeer
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 16, 2015
Erie is a leader in the insurance industry and offers terrific benefits as well as opportunities to grow. I have been employed at The Erie for 20 plus years and consider every day as a way to follow my passion while contributing to the strategic vision of the company.
Pros
Great benefits
3rd shift was horrible!
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 11, 2016
Erie Insurance would have been a great place to work had it not been for the supervisor on 3rd shift. Absoulutely the worst person to put in charge of others. She wouldn't train you and you were left to your own devices. Beware of 3rd shift jobs there!
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
3rd shift
Good company that supports its Employees
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2016
Erie Insurance supports a good work-life balance. Employees are respected. Erie promotes innovation and collaboration. There is a unique culture where everyone does their best to help our customers. The management opportunities are few and succession planning is poor.
Pros
Onsite amenities
Cons
Limited management opportunities
The life and times of a Material Damage Supervisor
Material Damage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 16, 2016
As a supervisor in the Material Damage Department, would have to audit uploaded appraisals, handle incoming difficult customer calls and offer positive solutions. Daily coaching and mentoring with assigned staff through 1:1 conversations, performance evaluations and feedback through claims activity. The job was rewarding as I had the opportunity to offer assistance to customers who needed guidance with their claim. I also tried to make an impact with my staff and give them positive recommendations where coaching opportunities were detected. Being in the claims department, it created some difficult incidences at times. Customers become emotionally involved with their claims and you can only empathize and sympathize with them and help them through the processes. At times, as as supervisor, you too feel the pain of the customer and you too become emotionally involved. I have learned to handle one issue at a time, give 100% to each matter and always address the customers needs. The customer must be able to trust you through the entire claim and feel that you have their best interest in mind. This can only be accomplished through active listening ,responding to their questions and offering positive feedback in the process.
Pros
Decent salary and bonuses, good benefits
Cons
small corporate raises, increase health care costs
Fun place
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 29, 2016
Great company to work for out of college and long term. The people there are very friendly and hard working. Management is great and very helpful. Hardest part of the job is maintaining a good schedule at all times.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
bad hours
Great support and supervisors
Mda auto adjuster (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PANovember 25, 2015
I came to this company from another insurance company,and it was the best move ever. I am an adjuster and work remotely, you are responsible for your workload and it does get busy, but the work does not go unnoticed. Great benefits and company car.
Pros
Company car and retirement benefits
Cons
Fun workplace and successful culture
Sales Agent/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYApril 9, 2016
Successful company that treats their employees as good as they treat their customers. Competitive rates and very helpful customer service and claims services. Hours are very comfortable to enjoy life also. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interactions with coworkers and clients.
Amazing Place to Work
Clerk, commercial quotes (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 13, 2016
This has, by far, been the best job I've ever had. The people and management are amazing at what they do. the working environment is great and it's obvious this company cares about the needs of every single employee.
Too much recent turn over
New York Branch Claims (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2015
The last two years since the new manager took over have seen a lot of employees leave . It seems like people are being forced to quit or retire. I am hoping to hang on until retirement but the workload is way too much. They won't replace people when they leave so we are doing the work of two or three people. Now they are sending a lot of our work to PA office. There are rumors of downsizing and centralizing our jobs.
Pros
I have a job at least for now
Cons
Low pay for NY, horrible health insurance, too much workload, bad management, they harass you to take classes but they don't do anything for you, too many managers play favorites
Erie
Inside Material Damage Adjuster I (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 7, 2016
What I enjoy about this company is that they do not micro-manage. You know your responsibilities and as long as you accomplish those you will be left to do your job.
Pros
Cheap Vision Care
Cons
Good place to work if you're young
Personal Lines Processing (Former Employee) –  Erie PAJune 7, 2016
Management prefers younger workers and slights anyone over 40. Good place to work as long as you fit their ideal age. Supervisor actually told me that maybe I was too old for the job
Learned job skills and social skills
Concessions Worker, Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 30, 2016
I learned how to communicate with customers and authority, money handling and inventory skills. I enjoyed the customer interactions and co-workers were social and very friendly.
Pros
paid by the night
Cons
not enough work days
Nice corporate culture
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 29, 2016
Very nice management, nice corporate culture. Very nice benefits. My direct and above direct management was very nice and accommodating. Would recommend.
Pros
Tight knit community
ok
Sr. PHP/Magento Developer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 25, 2016
it was nice exp working there...learn new tools and methods of development also. and also enjoyed with diffrent culture ppl and made new friends also
An opportunity where I have learnt a lot
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 16, 2016
A very pleasant environment to work. My manager has been pleased with my work and I am looking for similar opportunities,

Erie Insurance Group Reviews by Location