Erie Insurance Group

Erie Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Cash Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 9, 2015
Loved working here and the team that I worked with. This company has a great advancement program and promoting within. I only worked for a temporary assignment but I definitely wouldn't mind working for them again.
Great place to get into insurance industry
Inside Claims Representative (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 27, 2015
In the 12 years that I worked for Erie Insurance, I learned a great deal about the insurance industry. In addition, they offer a great benefits package.
Above all in sERvIcE inside and out
Application Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: free beverage station, free parking, excellent benefits, flexible work schedules
Cons: have to walk 4 blocks from parking garage to my work building
Erie Insurance takes service seriously. Service is applied to every human interaction we have. We treat each other with respect.

A typical day for me starts by logging into the computer and checking my e-mails. I determine what I need to do for the day. Reply to e-mails and sometimes phone calls. At least half my days have a meeting or two. The rest of the time I get to do the fun stuff, programming. When working on projects, I read and analyze requirements, create designs based on the requirements, code the changes or new programs from the designs, and follow the SDLC to move the changes to production.

Management treats us as people. Everyone is referred to by their first name, even the managers. One-on-one meetings with supervisors are conducted where the employee can keep the supervisor aware of any issues. Supervisors are facilitators to help you be successful at your job and career.

Co-workers are there to help each other whether it be getting a work task accomplished or to celebrate a milestone or to console someone who is grieving. They care about each other and the company. We get more done together than we ever could on our own.

For me, the hardest part of the job is meetings over the phone. But this is something I have to get use to. The work force and the work environment is changing. We have to adapt.

The most enjoyable part of my job is doing the programming. I love figuring out how to get the programs to do what is needed and to do so efficiently.
Senior Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: workload
I should have remained here in hindsight, but I didn't. The managers were great, all of the co-workers were great and I thoroughly enjoyed my employ there.
Good people, old IT infrasructure
Project Manager - Professional Curriculum (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 15, 2014
Pros: lovely work space
Cons: it
ERIE Insurance is a well-established insurance company that has a high profile in its home city. It's enjoyable to work there. The corporate culture stresses service excellence and strives to reward it. The drawback to working there are the IT problems, which are many. It can be frustrating to work there sometimes, because their IT network is old, weak and built like patchwork.
Lead Mail Processor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Great place to work. Consistent hours and good pay. Positive work force.
Good place to work with excellent benefits
Claims Support Specialist III (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PADecember 19, 2013
Typical day at work was assisting customers internally and externally.
Learned various accepts of the Insurance Industry. Employees are pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was telling customers they didn't have coverage for their claims.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their concerns and helping to obtain a solution if possible.
A fun and enjoyable place to work
Business Objects Developer (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 28, 2013
Erie is deeply rooted in a family culture. A typical day of work is challenging and rewarding. I learned that by pushing the envelope and never being satisfied it allowed me to grow and pursue all the opportunities I have attained there. I thoroughly enjoy working with all my team members. I love to learn and my team members have always had a wealth of information to attain, and are always willing to teach. I found that no matter how good one team member is the team is what allows us to achieve goals and make the end product. The hardest part of the job is understanding what the business wants and being able to clearly articulate back to them what they will get. Communication and understanding are the key elements for a smooth project. The best part of my job is working well with my coworkers to produce a high quality IT product that we can all be proud of.
Great Company to work for
Development and Production Support (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 5, 2013
I have been with Erie Insurance for past 6 years, its a great company to work for.
Part time Temp employee
Data Control / Print Operator 1 (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Experiencing the position of print operator 1 was fun and supervisor was great. Co-workers was helpful. Hardest of the job is to make sure paper and setting is correct and do not want to waste paper.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE WITH GREAR COWORKERS
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 29, 2013
GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN WITH GREAT COWORKERS. DELIVERED GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Great company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Regional office,July 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Positive experience!
I moved from Claims to Marketing
-Great culture
-Wonderful benefits
Exceptional!
Senior Inside Claims Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 14, 2013
Great place to grow and learn to be business minded; good working ethics, wonderful group of people!
Large company
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 8, 2012
The employees are largely treated well by the ownership and by management
Material Damage Adjuster II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2012
Pros: benefits, pay, advancement
Cons: management, wrapped vehicles
I loved my career with Erie and would love to work with them again if they moved to Texas!
teacher
recruiter (Former Employee), monongahela, paJuly 16, 2012
caring for the children and making sure they were taken care of.