ERIE INSURANCE

ERIE INSURANCE Employee Reviews

Cumbersome and difficult systems to work with.
Senior IT Auditor III (Former Employee), Erie, PAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good hours.
Cons: difficult to get any thing done.
Employees are generally friendly and helpful. However, the corporate culture does not have a strong sense of consequence and politics appear to be the major motivation.
I love working for Erie Insurance
CONTENT DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Erie, PennsylvaniaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: i am putting my degree to good use.
Cons: it is just a temporary possition.
I love working at Erie Insurance; it is the best job I have ever had. Unfortunately, I'm only working a temp job and it will be over in about two weeks. I do not want to leave but the agency is not currently hiring writers.
My job is to write the agent bios for the Erie Insurance website. I created a questionnaire and sent it out to over 1,300 agents to complete. Once they return the information to me I begin to write the bio. Some agents don't supply enough detail so I have to call them and conduct a phone interview.
Several agents do not reply to my request. I have sent a total of three reminders and I receive a handful of questionnaires back every time. Some agents are not too friendly, mainly because they don't understand the importance of what I am doing or they are not good with technology. I try to make it as simple as possible and I am very patient when helping them understand.
Most agents are very grateful for the work I do as well as my patience and professionalism.
Productive and fun place to work.
Linux/Unix Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 11, 2014
It's cool environment with no sudden deadlines with minimal work load.
Great Insurance Company!
INTERNSHIP HISTORY (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2014
The company has great management. This insurance actually cares about it's customers.
Family atmosphere
Unix Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PAMarch 21, 2014
Nice to work with all the team. Good working environment. A lot things to learn and grow.
Best place to work in Erie PA
Business Intelligence Analyst II (Current Employee), Erie, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no comp time
As a BA at the ERIE my main focus was working with the business units to triage production problems or eliciting requirements for data projects. I learned at ERIE that it's important to keep growing and give back to your community. My current work group is very talented we have great synergy and work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is slowing down at times since business intelligence is a new and growing field some of our customers aren't ready for the new technology. The most enjoyable part of being a BA is collaborating with my team and customers to deliver quality reporting solutions.
Managment Level position
Supervisor (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: company overall philosophy
Cons: office executive management
Typical day at work is very fast paced
I have learned how to interact with people to get problems resolved and customers handled properly
My management has suffered in the last several years.The former manager was there 30 yrs and did not care about the future. Our new manager is inexperienced and lacks people skills
Hardest part of the job currently are all the changes taking place in the last year.
The best part of the job is interacting with my adjusters
Stable decent place to work
Actuary/Underwriting Intern (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 29, 2014
Good job security, most who work there stay for years. It can be hard to move up because of this, and it also leads to having an older workforce. The work wasn't overbearing and management was too overbearing.
Productive workplace and understanding management
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: working with technology and doing what i love to do
Cons: understaffed and to busy and management didn't understand
My typical day at work was to come in and work on job tickets. Calling clients and setting up times with them to work on thier computer issues. Overnight computers that are in working condition so clients can get back to work with little down time. Fixing computer hardware and installing software per company standards. I learned a lot of new things working here as some of the computers and laptops I have never worked on before. Management and co-workers were always willing to help out on any new situation. The hardest part of my job there was keeping up with so many tickets we were so busy and under staffed it was hard keeping up with everything and properly documenting everything correctly.
An excellent company to work for
Project Controls Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PADecember 22, 2013
I highly recommend ERIE. I was heartbroken when I had to leave it to move for my husband's job.
Good company, but quality of work dependent on what area you work
Claims (Former Employee), Erie, PANovember 9, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good customers, good reputation of company
Cons: claims overloaded with work bogged down by clerical time, outdated and inefficient systems, and too many cases to handle
Many differing reviews here but the common theme of where those are not satisfied is claims. The workloads are high pressure with far too much incoming and no time to do anything but move from one claim to another, including one tedious system-related tasks to the next due to outdated and time-consuming requirements or system limitations. Too much clerical time is consumed when one could be actually working and analyzing their claims. You are given no "breather" to spend time to work on existing claims load. Staffing is inadequate to keep up with the company's goal of being Above All in Service. The company has a great reputation and those working there are people who care, but they need more help, or a change to allow adjusters to have more time to do quality work for their customers and for the company. Management is a toss-up, you don't know what you get from one to the next. Co-workers all seem to genuinely care about their work and service, but many voice being under-appreciated with little in terms of praise, and only when you do something wrong are you provided input. As one other reviewer posted, "Gotcha".
Interesting work but not much directive, management disinterested
Claims/Administrative (Former Employee), Erie PAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: work/life balance not much overtime was required
Cons: company not really interested in contributors only followers of directives
The work and tasks are interesting with the potential for high achievement of goals if management were more supportive. Most of thier management style is hands off mentoring and mostly directive with little room for ideas and suggestions.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wyalusing, PAOctober 4, 2013
I worked at Erie Insurance for a short period of time but it was an overall good experience.
Misrepresented the job description for an adjuster
Liability/Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: company car and benefits
Cons: micromanagement and "gotcha" mentality
I was told I would work a mixture of property and liability claims. It ended up being mostly property and little liability. They set unrealistic turn around times where you are stressed out all the time because of the clock. Lots of relatives working there. Pay not that great. Erie needs to streamline and not be so micromanaged.
Exciting
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), McMurray, PAJuly 16, 2013
helping people with their orders. entering payments, inventory. I really loved this job out of all the jobs I've had.
challenging to work on rating Engine.
Application Developer (Former Employee), PAJune 26, 2013
• Received appreciation from client for the problems resolved in AIS Product factory.
• Received appreciation letter from Capgemini for the problem solving skills.
very nice client to work with.
Productive work place
Clerical Claim Secretary (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2013
Pros: had a job and learned the insurance business
Cons: not a lot of good vibs there
Not much to say with this company. It was my very first insurance company I work with.
Not what it's cracked up to be
Adjuster (Former Employee), Erie PAJune 6, 2013
Pros: decent benefit package, cafeteria on premise
Cons: see review
The claims environment is ultra stressful, a lot of micro management. No one is happy with their job. Nepotism runs rampant --- they tell you they want to hire family. Management is secretive and closed minded.
Great Place to work
IT Business Analyst III (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 26, 2013
Good work/life balance
Teams are supportive
IT management is terrible
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), philadelphiaApril 11, 2013
Erie is one of the leading Property & Casualty insurance company under MSA Groups, based in PA. This project involved a rewrite of Property & Casualty / Life insurance web application within Personal and Commercial lines for Erie Insurance. This new enhanced integrated application handles all modules such as Quote Treaty, Annuities, Risk Management, Policy underwriting, Premium Rating, Claims Management and financial Administration with full workflow management functionality like assigning tasks, escalations for underwriter, pricing and other functional experts

About ERIE INSURANCE

Erie Insurance Exchange has rolled down lots of different insurance roads since its founding as a Pennsylvania auto insurer. As – Read more