Erlanger Health System

Erlanger Health System Employer Reviews

Big company with good management.
Registered Nurse, Post Partum (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 22, 2015
My charge nurse or assistant nurse manager is always there to help if I need it. Required education was beneficial and relevant to my work. Co-workers work as a team and are receptive to any questions. Hardest part of the job is the high patient load. Most enjoyable is teaching people how to care for their infant.
An educational fun job
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good working hours, great benefits
While working for this clinic I learned a lot. I started as their front office medical receptionist and advanced to Medical Assistant. I was trained by the nurses and doctors. Our typical day was busy seeing our ob/gyn patients, updating charts, calling patients back and any other duties that needed done for the day. I enjoyed working there because we worked as a team, no matter what needed to be done we got it done for our patients.
family oriented place to work. covered dish get togethers
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: approved extented lunch time and breaks
Cons: no paid lunches, negative points for being over 5 minutes late for work.
A typical workday is a stressful face pace environment. A lot of working and interacting with patients. I learned how to be caring and concerned about patients needs and how to make a difference in patient care. I have always been chosen by my supervisor to trained new employees because I make them feel at ease about starting a new job. I am a team player with co-workers working together as a team to get the job done efficiently. The hardest part of my job is to see patients and families go through physical and mental tragedies. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that a patient was satisfied with their care and that they made it known to administrative staff.
At Erlanger you work and also learn new information everyday.
Neonatal Technician (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 11, 2014
On a regular basis a typical day at work is extremely fast paced and rewarding. I have learned how important it is to not only do your daily requirements but to also keep a smile on your face at all times for the patients. To do your job to the best of your ability because every employee in the hospital is a key to getting the patients healthy so they are able to go home. We work as a team. The most challenging part of the job is cleaning outdated equipment that we do not always have the parts to repair due to them being discontinued. It is rewarding caring for the infants as they grow and watching the families take their babies home from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I plan on getting a Part Time job to further my education.
High Stress job with poor management
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: poor management
Erlanger is a political place to work. There is poor management and discrimination in the Patient Accounts department,If you are not a game player, your life at work can be difficult.
Good work environment no chance for advancement
Patient Service Representative-Team Leader (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: no place to advance
A typical day at work was meeting people from all walks of life and inputting their information in the system confirming their insurance benefits and also determining their status with a sliding scale fee according to the federal government.
Large teaching hospital
Surgical Services Learning Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 4, 2014
Pros: many opportunities
Cons: large corporate enviroment
24/7clinical trauma center requiring varied shifts, weekends, holidays, and call
Lovable Phlebotomist
Specimen Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Chattanooga,TmAugust 1, 2014
Working in the Children's portion of the Hospital was a delight as well as a heart breaker. Having to draw blood on kids was one of the toughest jobs, I have had to endure; rewarding at the same time. Loved this job and the patients that came in.
enjoyed work no room for advancement from with in company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 14, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: pay
You will only get promoted depending on who you know or who your a friend with.
productive exciting learning experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 18, 2013
Cons: short breaks not enough pay
Great learning facility. It can be very busy & fast pace at times.
life as a dispatcher
Communication Specialist/ Security Dispatcher (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2013
Pros: being able to help someone
Cons: no one truely understand a dispatcher
A typical night at work would be answering multi phone lines and dispatching to the officer. I perform a broad range of duties from answer outside call to dispatching fire alarm or CPD to a location. I also have to dispatch on code blue call . I answer call from all the Erlanger hospital. I have a great team on my 3rd shift. I would say the hardest part of this job would be when you have to do a code and you know that person is leaving this place call earth or you see someone that the emt are working on to keep alive. I would have to said the most enjoyable is helping someone on the other end of the phone
Nice place to work
Prison Health Clinic Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2013
Overall great place to work. Largest hospital system in the area. Great management. Human Resources is very pro-employee.
Hard work
RN (Former Employee), Chattanooga TNOctober 8, 2013
Pros: family environment, great patients
Cons: short staffed, minimal pay
Fast office pace , no over time , friendly environment , poor work flow due to short staffing and over worked nurses .
Cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms as well as waiting rooms operating rooms and halls
Environmental Services Assistant (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2013
Pros: having a revolving two week schedule the amount of paid time off we accumulated
Cons: dealing with viruses and germs that could be taken home to our families
Always enjoyed the job until they started cutting back on the staff This made it hard to be efficient and leave customers satisfied.I have spent many years working this job and feel as if the management and my coworkers are part of my family The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be the days before the holidays when you not only had to make sure you took care of the patients staying but also had a busy day of discharges During the holidays the doctors would try to get everyone home to their families. I think my favorite part of the job would be working around the precious little babies
Fast pace environment
Central Sterile Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 8, 2013
Pros: act like family
Cons: short breaks
Being around people who act like family make the nights go by easy. W e can talk and work at the same time and get the work done.
Everyone was very grateful for my volunteer services.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 17, 2012
Pros: close to home
Great work environment and everyone was very kind and grateful.
See below
Staff RN - Labor and Delivery Unit (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2012
The staff takes good care of the patients and their are excellent doctors and nurses there. I would have my baby at Erlanger.
Good hospital to work for
Patient Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 12, 2012
Good hospital to work for. They are very flexible and have good benefits.