Erlanger Health Systems Employee Reviews

Poor for employees
Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421September 21, 2017
Low moral, bad management, two sets of rules, bullying if employees, staff treated unfairly. Expected to do too much no breaks no lunches. Too much education
Stressful , good people
Specimen Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga ,TNSeptember 1, 2017
Working at Erlanger is stressful but everyone is helpful most of the time . It was a nice way to get my foot in the door . I don't not think things are done fairly .
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Only 30 mins for lunch
Erlanger has many different avenues for advancement
Patient Access Specialist/ Financial advocate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 17, 2017
Use what you learn from each job you do to apply it for the next advancement.

Great benefits
New cafeteria
Convenient pharmacy on site and post office
Plenty of exercise from the parking lot in the mornings and afternoons.
Constant patrolled safety officers
Pros
employee discounts and payroll deductions for axcillary services
Cons
Garage restrictions for employees and mandatory seasonal injections
Great people
LPN, Transfer Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 4, 2017
Great people, long shifts, good place to learn. Good benefits. Flexible schedules, Parking not great. Needs more help. Multiple cultures with good place to learn about each.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Not enough staff
Fast paced and difficult work environment.
Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2017
I loved this job, it was very rewarding being able to help people everyday. It is definitely not for someone who is not willing to work none stop on their feet for 12-14 hours, and it is also not for someone who doesn't like to get their hands dirty. Even though it was a very demanding job, I loved my patients and the people I worked with.
Patient focused culture
Analyst - Patient Administration (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2017
Top heavy management. Great place to learn and work hard. Lack of focus on employee wellness & professional development. Transient workforce, hired hands- not people.
Challenging place to work.
Assistant Nurse Manager, Labor & Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 18, 2017
The workplace culture is cutthroat. Hospital politics with upper management is extremely unfair - giving advanced positions to their friends who are not as qualified as others who are interested in the position.
Hostile environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2017
My tip for anyone looking to pursue a career with this establishment is to highly reconsider. It's an excellent environment for learning however it is often hostile and policies are not at all based on practicality or to the benefit of creating a well balanced work environment for nurses, which are the back bone to healthcare
Pros
Learning
Cons
No time for bathroom breaks or lunches, unreliable phones and pagers, pitiful management, hostile work environment
Decent productivity
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunlap, TNApril 25, 2017
Any job apart of Erlanger at any location is very demanding. Not for the faint of heart or for a young family that need personal family time. The job I worked in particular was an excellent setting with an excellent staff. It takes time to learn the job and gain the skills needed to work in a medical facility. Medical terminology is a must at the very least. Management in most departments are exceptional. If any issues arise always take it straight to HR. Overall a decent experience.
Pros
Decent benefits, experience in multiple fields
Cons
Short lunch, short breaks, demanding
Miss it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2017
I love this job.It worked with my schedule for my kids. I had weekends off great staff all around. I grew to love the doctors,nurses,patients everyone. Great place to work if you are outgoing
County hospital trying to upgrade. In partial disarray
Surgery (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 12, 2017
Worked on an off for over 25 years. I know this place and people. It's the south but at times trying to become more upscale. Lots of indigent care patients. Most everyone is overworked and stressed out. Sad. It used to be a very stable place to work. Finances and constant Ceo turn over makes hospital for a hospital in flux. Too much to say. Administration cares about themselves and your just a number. Bottom line. Chattanooga is a great place to live and raise a family. Cost of living is great and can be scenic if on the right side of Tracks.
Pros
Higher pay at times.
Cons
Over work and management that's over stressed.
good health insurance
Clerical Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 7, 2017
Rough Management but great benefits. Several different new employees to train every few months due to the bad turnover rate. However, I really enjoyed interacting with the patients each day.
Teaching Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 26, 2017
Erlanger is a teaching hospital and provides evidence based medical care to its patients.The medical center has a level 3 NICU and provides the best in stroke care. You will learn a lot by working here.
Pros
A great teaching hospital
Cons
Sometimes puts the "cart before the horse" when making changes
Great place but dealing w/management is difficult
Director, Planning and Construction (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 15, 2017
It was a great position. I was able to help so many of the different departments; not only staff but the patients and families as well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management
Pros
I made a difference in the lives of people I came in contact
Cons
Dealing with management
Treatment of mid level providers
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 15, 2017
The salary, management, and work environment are decent. There needs to be significant changes regarding midlevel provider/physician relations. Physicians want help with the workload but treat the NPs/PAs as lower level staff.
Educational
LPN - C (Credentialed) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 8, 2017
I worked here in 2003-2005, during the time when they had a credentialing program for LPN's. Because of this I received training I would have never learned anywhere else. I work Renal Transplant as an LPN for 2 years. I loved the culture and management of the team. There was always a family atmosphere and an "all hands on deck" approach to work. I consider these the formative years of my nursing career and remains my best bedside experience even now as an RN.
Pros
education-oriented culture
Cons
lower pay for an LPN-C than was favorable.
Incredible Staff
Staff RN Labor and Delivery High Risk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2017
The staff at Erlanger in amazing. Helping each other grow and learn is one of their best qualities. Each staff member is encouraging, committed and helpful. Great place to start and grow your career.
Good teaching facility
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day at work would be to go in, pull everything for my case, assist the surgeon, clean up the room following the procedure, and then on to the next. Gained all of my skills from here.
Pay is low. But decent work environment.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 27, 2017
Read summary. I'm writing this because it makes me put in 20 words. This is my summary of Erlanger health systems. I hope that this is 20 words and I can be done with this part
Great Place to work
PRN Position Compliance Dept Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 16, 2017
I began working at Erlanger Health System in 1991 and retired in 2015. I held several different positions while employed and am currently employed as a PRN employee. I learned a great deal of skills and knowledge while at Erlanger. Everyone I had the opportunity to work with was helpful, kind & thoughtful. I always felt like management and staff were supportive and encouraged me to do my very best. I always felt like my thoughts and suggestions were appreciated and valued.
Pros
Chance for advancement and Support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erlanger Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Erlanger Health Systems Reviews by Location