Erlanger Health Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Over all a good place to learn
RRT-ACCS (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2016
level 1 trauma center seeing everything and everyone. but no compensation for staff. management is oblivious to the department's needs
erlanger
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  chattanoogJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy my job and coworkers. Right now management is unstable which is a concern. I have learned a lot in this department.
Clinical Pastoral Education Program at Erlanger Hosptial
Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Erlanger Hospital as I completed first, an internship in Clinical Pastoral Education, and then, when offered the position, accepted a position in the Clinical Pastoral Education Department's Resident Chaplain program. I found my superiors to be very accommodating concerning work, family life, and self-care- providing flexibility to my family during times of illness, times to be with my children for special events, etc. The program offered a great atmosphere to explore personal, professional, and pastoral formation and assignments were given with much self-direction.

Any improvements I would make to the program are because Pastoral Care in most clinical institutions is considered an auxiliary service so the budget is small and Pastoral Care seems to be one of the first places budgets are cut in tough economic situations. The department I served with at Erlanger operated on grants and a minimal budget during the fiscal year which meant the pay for resident chaplains was meager considering the work and support we provided for the clinical staff, patients, and their families. Resident chaplains, in the case of Erlanger, average 50-60 hour work weeks, a 24 in-house on-call shift weekly, daily rounds for patient referrals and patient requests for spiritual care, etc. It should also be noted that the emotional and physically toll such rigorous work with grieving individuals, families, and clinical staff learning to work with each other, leaves a lasting mark on the chaplain as well as their families and the department as a whole. I would like to
  more... see more thoughtfulness given to all clinical Pastoral Care departments concerning pay and benefits for the services rendered to hospitals, staff, and the patients and families that utilize chaplains and chaplain residents.

Another improvement that I would make is to do away with the 1950's model of training clinical chaplains that requires a narrow space for exploration of their gifts. Most programs, such as Erlanger's, is based on a model from the 1950's that paralleled the training of medical students-requiring an enormous amount of time in one clinical setting. I think there should be room for resident chaplains (as well as interns) to utilize their gifts in a myriad of settings, not just a hospital. I am not sure if this is an institutional issue, or an issue with the governing body of CPE programs-ACPE.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Model of CPE
Ehs
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 13, 2016
EHS is a good place to work but management has no idea of how hard the WORKER BEES work there but they shouls be aware because of how hard supervisors and middle management work.
Fun and Friendly workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 2, 2016
Can be extremely busy, supervisors are great people, and co-workers are always calling out which sucks when you are the only technician because it can very busy to where you will not get to eat lunch
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very low pay rate
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2016
Great place to work and great people to work with. Very busy and hectic at times but everybody works together as a team. Everyone is friendly and don't make you feel like you are beneath them.
Overall enjoyable
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 22, 2016
I worked in front of house positions. I typically had short shifts, which is what I desired at the time. I had a lot of leniency in my schedule. Management was wonderful. Our store was ran very well by all the managers that were there at the time. My coworkers and I were very close because of the teamwork atmosphere that was necessary for the store to thrive. The hardest part of the job was keeping customers extremely happy with their visit, as any other customer service position.
Pros
Half price lunches and discounts on products
Cons
Not getting enough hours because there is so much staff
Nice Place to work
Registered Nurse- Neonatal ICU (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37403February 16, 2016
Nice place to work.
Poor pay for nurses.
Nice management
Awesome work environment
Benefits are mediocre
Good public health care.
Erlanger is a Great Hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Erlanger is a Great Hospital. It is one of the Best in the Southeast. I feel blessed to work there. Erlanger has a Great work environment very friendly and helpful.
good place to work friendly weekend staff
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 8, 2015
A typical day at Erlanger is hectic for the most part. We range from 4 patients per nurse to 6 patients sometime total care other times we have CNA help. I have learned how to manage my time more effectively to deliver the best possible patient care in a safe environment. My coworkers on the weekend shift all work to assist each other as a team of caring nurses. The hardest part of the job I perform would be the total care days with no CNA's. I enjoy working with the nurse's each weekend, and getting to know my patients and about their families as well as the areas they live in.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
6 patients and total care
Excellent teaching hospital
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 13, 2015
As a level 1 trauma center, Erlanger is an incredible hospital to learn in. The hospital is experiencing new growth which opens new opportunities in various areas.
Very relaxed work environment
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 18, 2015
I worked with several nurses to get the messages by pages or telephone. It was a very unique work environment. I enjoyed the ladies that I worked with. They were very understanding of each others strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
working in hospital and good benefits to come...
Cons
my shift was difficult because I worked untl midnight
Leader in healthcare
Long time employee (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2015
Great learning environment. Limited opportunities for professional growth, lack of management transparency. Staff underpaid and have had benefits stripped while upper management get large bonuses.
Pros
Cutting edge in medicine
Cons
Staff don't feel valued, lack of management transparency.
Very respectfull of associates
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2015
ERLANGER IS LIKE A MAGNET. Once you have been employeed with them, you always want to return. Very helpfull enviornment.
Customer focused.
benefits
Cons
Large hospital where you can get experience from different areas and work with differnt personel
EVS Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2015
30 minutes prior to shift starts review what happened prior to arrival. Check bed board for dirty beds. Walk hospital to see what rooms that are dirty that are not on bred tracking system. Start schedule and make assignments.

The hardest part of my job is staffing when there is not enough staff.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being a team player and being able to help others when needed and getting to know hospital staff and their needs.
Pros
benefits and work schedule
Cons
short staffed
Typical workday
Prison Medical Services, LPN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 31, 2015
When I started I enjoyed what I did as an LPN in prison medical services. However, management doesn't do anything they say, we worked with limited supplies as well as out dated equipment constantly being promised it will be in next years budget, management will not back you or support you, no bonuses or compensation for a job well done, pay is not equivalent to the position, over worked and under payed, short staffed all the time and then condemned for working over time, some employees make mistakes and yet still have jobs, others make mistakes and get fired on the spot very unfair management practices. Like everywhere insurance goes up and pay goes down, employees are losing their rights, the employees have no control over how their treated by patients, security at the hospital is getting null invoid, LPN's are being faded out no opportunities anymore unless your an RN. Could go on but you get the ideal.
if you do not like prison, don't work here
administrative (Former Employee) –  chattanooga, tnMarch 31, 2015
Short staffed. Low pay for the amount of work. Confined all day to your working station. Not allowed to leave office and get involve with activities that goes on in the hospital. Some employees are bullies and constantly keeps office drama going. Always a feeling of being rushed for lunch breaks. I'm just happy to be free of this place.
Cons
Short breaks. low pay
Erlanger an asset to Chattanooga
Scrub tech (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Erlanger is a level I Trauma center and serves Chattanooga and the surrounding counties. In addition to being a trauma center We are the only indigent care facility in the city. We have the only children's hospital in the city. We are a teaching hospital, we have a physician residency program, we have nursing students, nurse anesthesia students, surgical technology students, radiology and respiratory therapy students doing clinical training on any given day. I enjoy my colleagues and am proud of the many accomplishments of Erlanger.
Pros
employment opportunities, coworkers are great
Cons
management turnover, retirement benefits reduced raises are rare
Great place to work.
Staffing Coordinator/ Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 10, 2015
A great place to work. Employees work together as a team to give patients the best care. There are Advancement in other departments as well.
Pros
advancement
Cons
12 hour shifts can be too long.
Big company with good management.
Registered Nurse, Post Partum (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 22, 2015
My charge nurse or assistant nurse manager is always there to help if I need it. Required education was beneficial and relevant to my work. Co-workers work as a team and are receptive to any questions. Hardest part of the job is the high patient load. Most enjoyable is teaching people how to care for their infant.

Erlanger Health Systems Reviews by Location