ERMC Employee Reviews

Not the best
Security Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 6, 2016
Pay is terrible for a supervisor you get barely above minimum wage.
The management is bad the refuse to listen to anyone and they play favorites. Not a fan at all the turn over rate is massive they cant keep people for more than a few months.
Pros
Lots of people to talk to, relaxed job.
Cons
Bad management bad advancement, bad pay.
Decent work place for a first time security job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 21, 2016
Ive worked as a Security Officer for ERMC for almost 5 months, i have volunteer law enforcement experience so it makes my job a lot easier. The pay isnt as great as it should be, I DO wear a police type balistic vest which makes me feel more safer i suppose. My supervisors are great, theres time for fun and time to be serious. Nothing to major happens at our facility. We are currently understaffed and im a part time officer working almost full time hours. I don't complain cause im getting paid and i like the people i work with. Good company.
Pros
Great people, no major issues
Cons
Low pay, understaffed
Steady hours. Low Pay for industry Type.
Porter/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 29, 2016
The company is a contractor. It does little more than payroll, and an unhelpful HR department. They let their customers set their employee's payrate. So pay is bad. The people I work with are mostly great. The work is very physical. The breaks are too short. 1 half hour lunch, and two tens.
Pros
Great Coworkers, two weeks paid vacation
Cons
low pay for the type of work. short breaks.
stressful environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 16, 2016
Worked with nice people but the Cbl management team were two faced / they would lie on you to ermc. Couldn't wait to get away from that hellhole. Also the ermc regional director couldn't be Trusted! MB😈 All of us workers were underpaid, no raises, no vacation time & just mistreated. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone / actually I've been telling people not to apply.
Pros
people, & discounts
Cons
pay, hrs., vacation, alot more to say but have no space.
best job and career
janitorial supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 7, 2016
working with this company was the best my lunches and breaks were on track I didn't have anyone bothering me this company really looked at my productivity and how I performed
Pros
good paychecks, great hours, excellant customer service, and osha training
Cons
job locations and new hires through company
Operations Management for Shopping Malls
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421July 15, 2016
Currently working here. Can not give a full review while in a position with management. Hardest part of the job is finding a work/personal life balance. Working two week stretches out of state away from family can be very challenging.
pros and cons
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 13, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this job to others until a change happens. There are some pros and cons for this job as for any other jobs. The reasons for this is because they should put more authority for security guards and more pay for the simple fact you as a security guard rearguards it might just be a mall but you just need only one wrong thing to happen in one day. The work staff is positive but the environment and the way it is should be different. And I hope it changes for the best.
Pros
Staff is very positive and great to work with
Cons
Pay should be more and more authority should be given. Rather be safe than sorry
Productive work place
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 21, 2016
Great environment, good people. Work was easily learned and well maintained. The staff was great and management was great at keeping workers satisfied.
enjoy working for the mall
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 31, 2015
working for the mall as security officer. work together with police and fire department. monitoring vendors and customers and protect them from harm. I learned how to patrol and noticed and pay attention to my surrounding. I worked together with other co-workers. The mall management don't stand behind you when it comes to band unruly teens. It seems the mall manager just want his pay. I like helping customers when they need.
Pros
helping customers and patrolling
Cons
no raises and still making minium wage and been there for 8yrs
Poor management
housekeepimg (Current Employee) –  pearland, texasMay 23, 2016
Job was enjoyable although the staff was poorly managed and chosen. Not a work family type of environment. Unfortunately, there is more of a ever man for himself atmosphere rather than a team environment.
Easy job to get
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 8, 2015
This job is easy to acquire but there is practically no raises and not really any room for advancement. But I do enjoy the routine being practically he same thing daily. That makes the job worth doing.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor insurance benefits and pay
Little supervision
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 13, 2016
Very little supervision overall. No advancement for present employees. Typical security company mindset. Could me better if they worked with you.
Terrible Management and environment
Security Operator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2016
Very racist tendencies complained to HR,but they weren't helpful. Just come in a sit and leave is the best way to treat a job at ERMC. Lots of drama and cattiness.
It was ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 10, 2016
My experience with this company was ok. Had a wonderful director though. My coworkers were ok. To bad, you weren't ever equipped.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Not enough pay and hours
No benefits to working here
Ops Director (Former Employee) –  IdahoNovember 4, 2014
WARNING Stay away you would be better off living on welfare or starving than working for this company. I have never worked for a company that cares less about the safety and well being of their staff. Little or no support from management you are totally on your own here. The benefits stink and are costly, salary is a laugh at best and hours are long. Vacation Time (Ha Ha Ha).

BE WARNED look someplace else.
Cons
low salary, long hours, no benefits, no vacation nothing
Honestly, not a great company to work for.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 15, 2013
A typical day at work for ERMC employees at a public mall usually involves lots of steady work, which is not a bad thing. Most of the janitorial work is done by one's self without assistance. It gives you lots of time to think. The management, unfortunately, does not really care about what you do during the day unless it affects them personally. The co-workers are what make the job enjoyable. They are usually the only people that will have your back when it comes to the workload. The hardest part of the job is a combination of high-dusting and cleaning the bathrooms at the end of the night. My location lacked the proper protection gear ( face-masks, heavy-duty gloves) get safely get those jobs done. Because of that, I often caught colds of viruses by coming into contact with something hazardous or unhealthy. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the other employees of the mall. Other employees would often praise us for our work after hours and, in time, became good friends.
Pros
good employees, great work location
Cons
30 minute breaks, lack of useable healthcare, bad management, safety issues
Operations Manager
Renaissance Concrete Project Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2015
I've loved working for ERMC now for almost 5 years. Every day is something new. I've traveled this great country and seen some amazing places because of this company. But that's where it starts to slip, Management needs some work. Like the old saying goes, "To many chief's, Not enough Indians". The Owner and CEO of the company are amazing men. I've personally help them when ever they would call. Love them to death, but the bad management comes from under them.
Pros
very few to pick from
Cons
management, lack of benefits.
experience
Janitorial Staff (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 27, 2016
My time at this company was okay, but towards the end I realized this wasn't going to work, I couldn't stay for what I was being paid.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
pay
Poor workplace, heavy turn over
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  RoanokeJune 13, 2014
The company is about the bottom line. Which is fine, if your at the top, but it hurts when your an employee at the bottom.

Low rung employees/management are poorly paid, and poorly trained. Most good employees have training from previous jobs

Pay is deplorable.

Upper management is relegated to family and friends only.

No benefits to send home about (they do have HC/Den but its so poor no one takes it in the area.)

Most decent employees leave within 2-3 months.

401k... yes they do have one, but you may as well just start one on your own, no matching at all.

My local supervisor was pretty good however, and they can usually give you a flexible schedule, mainly because you will never get full time or holiday pay/benefits until your a supervisor/managment.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
everything else
enjoyable workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2016
• Patrol interior and exterior of the facility on foot or in vehicle
• Report safety concerns and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
• Monitor closed circuit television system and alarms
• Answer questions and assist guests and employees
• Operate forklift for maintenance purposes

2.3