ESAB Employee Reviews

Colfax Dragging the Company Down
Buyer / Planner (Current Employee), Florence, SCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria, wellness program
Cons: long hours, unrealistic goals, heavy workloads, unclear objectives, disengaged management.
Colfax purchased ESAB in 2012 and instituted a sound plan to make ESAB lean and more profitable. In 2014 Colfax purchased Victor Technologies and has revamped the plan, which has spelled doom for the Florence, SC site. People being laid off dept by dept. The writing is on the wall for those of us still here, find something before they find you with a lay off notice. Although this is all done in the name of profits and ROI plus shareholder value, the disregard for the people that have poured man hours and sweat equity into the Florence site is overlooked. Current employees were not even given an option to relocate to the newly acquired facilities in Denton, TX or Mexico (and possibly St. Louis), instead posting our jobs there at lower compensation. Our badges say "The ESAB Way", when it should read "Greed Is Our Need". This is not the ESAB of old, but one of chasing nothing but the almighty dollar. Don't look for any of the companies that Colfax owns to make the list of the Top 100 or even Top 1,000 companies to work for.
Quality first time experience
Office Assistant - Regional Salesman (Former Employee), Florence, South CarolinaJune 11, 2014
Growing company with focus on teaching others a quality sales approach and providing excellent job experience.
I enjoyed all aspects of this job. The environment ,co-workers and managers
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: family and friends day at the civic center
The day started 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some over-time. I learned to use the computer to get shipping labels for shipping welding equipment to different locations.I enjoyed working with my managers and co-workers. I passed the work-keys test while employed at ESAB.
Pleasant Environment but not welcoming to change.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Hanover, PAJanuary 28, 2014
The people remaining there were wonderful to work with. But there is a union in place with that company that causes alot of tension for new hires trying to make a difference in the company. The company has been downsizing for years too, so there is no job security there at all. Such a shame for a once great company that was bought out by COLFAX which is just trying to squeeze every penny out of the company and has no interest in its employees.
Great job
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 30, 2013
Great job, moved away and ended up going back to school. Good pay for a Florence area job
Solid company but career advancement is limited
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Hanover, PAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: training events, tuition reimbursement, talented peers and higher level managers.
Cons: limited career advancement, commnication gap found in the work place.
Hands on supervision of hourly work force provided much interaction and leadership opportunities to grow my subordinates.
I learned team building skills provide stronger results to the overall benefit of the employees and the company financial objectives.
My peers are talented and the next higher level managers are good mentors. However, the career advancement potential is limited.
The hardest part of my job is the communication gaps found in a 24 hour operation. At times, the various shifts do not all communicate the same or detailed, which is cumbersome at times.
The best part of my job is when we get customers who send us letters telling us how good our products are.
Great job!!!
CNC Operator/Machinist (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 30, 2012
Its a very flexible company to work for. The value and respect their employees, and their company policies reflect that.