ESAB Employee Reviews

good company
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 3, 2017
very good company, good people, good community, good working environment 5 works a week, 8am-5pm, learnt a lot in inventory management. all the teams are just very supportive to each other
great company
Team Leader, Assy B (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 26, 2016
great work force everyone got along the management team was ok the hardest part was it closing the door but even at that time the company let you know what was happening and why
Strange place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 6, 2016
No sense of security from day one. Always felt like I was waiting tor the end to come, and it did eventually. Never got a good grasp on the direction or vision of the company, and the buyout by Colfax made that even worse. Come to think of it, I dont think there ever was any direction and/or vision for the future.
If you have a decent job, dont quit to go to ESAB. If you need a job and can deal with never ending turmoil and uncertainty, give it some thought.
Pros
Good benefits, compensation
Cons
Everything else
No advancement.
Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 9, 2016
Too many lay offs and can't get off 3rd. shift. Great coworkers but too many management dysfunctions. Years ago it was a great place to work.
Terrible direction
Director Global Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The Victor Technologies company was purchased by ESAB, and it has brought its issues, poor management, and lack of direction with from ESAB. It is has lost 2/3 of the stock value and other than using the economy as an excuse, have run both companies into the ground.
Good work environment and pay
industrial engineer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 12, 2016
Company relocating to Mexico. Work instruction creation. Reviewed and corrected electro-mechanical drawings. SAP BOM. Employees seem contented.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Good Management
Planner (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 11, 2016
I reviewed incoming orders every morning. Created planned orders, scheduled and followed up on all in process. Expedited per customer service request.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Noise
Challenging and rewarding.
International Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 1, 2015
Best job I've ever had. End goal given with complete flexibility on how the goal was achieved. I received full trust and confidence on my ability to manage. Direct supervisor made himself available 24/7 on any needs I might have to enable me to accomplish the mission.
great place to work
awesome (Current Employee) –  dentonAugust 20, 2015
great place to work, The team work among management is outstanding. I do recommend this company as a great place to work. the training and onboarding is awesome
Pros
Team work
Cons
good experience for new engineers
Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 17, 2015
ESAB was great for a new engineer - lots of hands on experience in design and working directly with fabrication team helped to build design talent and CAD skills.
Colfax Dragging the Company Down
Buyer / Planner (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 10, 2014
Colfax purchased ESAB in 2012 and instituted a sound plan to make ESAB lean and more profitable. In 2014 Colfax purchased Victor Technologies and has revamped the plan, which has spelled doom for the Florence, SC site. People being laid off dept by dept. The writing is on the wall for those of us still here, find something before they find you with a lay off notice. Although this is all done in the name of profits and ROI plus shareholder value, the disregard for the people that have poured man hours and sweat equity into the Florence site is overlooked. Current employees were not even given an option to relocate to the newly acquired facilities in Denton, TX or Mexico (and possibly St. Louis), instead posting our jobs there at lower compensation. Our badges say "The ESAB Way", when it should read "Greed Is Our Need". This is not the ESAB of old, but one of chasing nothing but the almighty dollar. Don't look for any of the companies that Colfax owns to make the list of the Top 100 or even Top 1,000 companies to work for.
Pros
On site cafeteria, Wellness Program
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic goals, heavy workloads, unclear objectives, disengaged management.
Quality first time experience
Office Assistant - Regional Salesman (Former Employee) –  Florence, South CarolinaJune 11, 2014
Growing company with focus on teaching others a quality sales approach and providing excellent job experience.
I enjoyed all aspects of this job. The environment ,co-workers and managers
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 17, 2014
The day started 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some over-time. I learned to use the computer to get shipping labels for shipping welding equipment to different locations.I enjoyed working with my managers and co-workers. I passed the work-keys test while employed at ESAB.
Pros
Family and Friends day at the Civic Center
Pleasant Environment but not welcoming to change.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 28, 2014
The people remaining there were wonderful to work with. But there is a union in place with that company that causes alot of tension for new hires trying to make a difference in the company. The company has been downsizing for years too, so there is no job security there at all. Such a shame for a once great company that was bought out by COLFAX which is just trying to squeeze every penny out of the company and has no interest in its employees.
Great job
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 30, 2013
Great job, moved away and ended up going back to school. Good pay for a Florence area job
Solid company but career advancement is limited
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 15, 2013
Hands on supervision of hourly work force provided much interaction and leadership opportunities to grow my subordinates.
I learned team building skills provide stronger results to the overall benefit of the employees and the company financial objectives.
My peers are talented and the next higher level managers are good mentors. However, the career advancement potential is limited.
The hardest part of my job is the communication gaps found in a 24 hour operation. At times, the various shifts do not all communicate the same or detailed, which is cumbersome at times.
The best part of my job is when we get customers who send us letters telling us how good our products are.
Pros
training events, tuition reimbursement, talented peers and higher level managers.
Cons
limited career advancement, commnication gap found in the work place.
Great job!!!
CNC Operator/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 30, 2012
Its a very flexible company to work for. The value and respect their employees, and their company policies reflect that.