Escambia County Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A great job to learn about medicine sopply
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 27, 2017
• Monitoring the operation and usage of the automated battery charging system in support of communication radios, cardiac monitors, laptop computers, and pages.
• Monitoring the oxygen transfilling system, ensuring tanks are processes and refilled
• Preparing, issuing, and receiving drugs to and from ambulance crews
• Disassembling, inspecting, cleaning, and reassembling medical equipment utilizing appropriate hand tools and accessories.
You might not work for long
Substitute Custodial & Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 23, 2017
There is no job security like there was years ago. Outside companies are replacing substitutes and permanent workers. If you ar working, you may not get a full work week.
Great place!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Cantonment, Florida is a fantastic place to work and live. Great place to raise kids. Schools are A plus here. Everyone is very nice
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 3, 2016
Its a good place to work , free food short hours weekends and holidays off ! you can get replaced at anytime , schools are hardly available most times
Pros
free lunch, short hours
Cons
little pay
Supportive and respected environment
ESE Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 17, 2016
Lesson planning in the morning and classroom preparation for grades 6-8 th grade special needs students. Individual lesson planning for varying levels of ability. 90 mins of intensive reading, 45 mins of math, language arts, science, social studies and life skills lessons. Social studies and social skills lessons and activities alternate daily. Time management is a must since I deal with many different needs in the class per subject from teaching non readers to readers. The hardest part of my job is helping others to understand that my students are able to do far more than most give them credit. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing my students succeed and the love they show. I could do no other job then what I do. I believe that I work with the best people in the world. My coworkers are so supportive of our students and it shows on the smiles and greetings we get each day.
Pros
My students
Cons
Healthcare, benefits
You don't want to work here! Jail has the worst management ever
law librarian (Former Employee) –  Escambia County JailDecember 26, 2015
Definitely the worse place I have ever worked! Good ole boys/girls club. If you have not worked at the jail for more than half your life, you will be treated with complete disrespect. You will see coworkers/supervisors stealing company time, not working, breaking all the rules while those who run the jail look the other way and you are busting your butt. HR will not help you, there is no room for advancement and when you ask why aren't getting interviews for internal jobs you are MORE than qualified for, they will tell you, "it's because no one knows who you are." Beyond unprofessional. The jail could be a decent place to work if they demoted from the top down. It's pretty sad when your top two in charge CHOOSE to share an office because neither one can make a decision on their own. If you have "personal" relations with the top two in charge, don't fret, you will get away with murder. However, if you have self respect and are a hard worker, you will be very unhappy working at the jail.
ok job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 1, 2015
I been working here for almost ten years. The pay is okay, but not enough to make a living. I receive a lot of pressure from staff.
Pros
set own schedule
Cons
hard finding days to work
Avoid
teacher (Former Employee) –  pensacolaJuly 16, 2015
worked there for thirty years loved the people in the community but the government is totally an Old boys club and corrupt.
Pros
people
Cons
government
Outstanding talent pool exist at Escambia
Building Official/Manager (Former Employee) –  PensacolaNovember 11, 2014
Job and team members were outstanding, executive team very supportive , incredibly admin staff
Pros
Very supportive management
Cons
Not challenging
enjoyed working with children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 9, 2014
Working with and helping handicapped children is such a rewarding experience, the hardest part of the job is having to deal with administration, and colleagues on power trips
cleaning at the schools
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2013
I would go to the cafeteria to clean it until school let out . Then we was let in our buildings .Then we had to sweep and mop all class rooms. Clean the restroom. dust and wipe down desks and tables . wash windows if needed .Then we swept and mopped the hallways . The people were willing to help if they got done before you.
Pros
the people you worked with
Cons
the pay
Different experiences daily.
Victim Advocate/Sworn Reserve LEO (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJanuary 22, 2013
No two days the same. Never knew from one hour until the next what might come up. Learned to work closely with victims and families. The hardest part of this job was witnessing the trauma and sadness of victims and families, also making death notifications. The most enjoyable part of this job was the hugs given by the victims and families after they had gained some sort of "normal" to their lives again.
Love this job
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 19, 2013
I had learned so much from here. Great supervisor, nice co workers, and a fun place to work. I left this job because I had to move from area because of my family.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
all benefits.