ESCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Esco in Newton is the worse job i ever had.
maintance tech (Former Employee) –  Newton Ms.September 12, 2016
Let's just try and be nice when I say esco in newton has the worst upper management there can be. The job is dirty but not to hard. It's hard to find help or to get someone to show you how to do something but other than that the guys you work with are pretty good group of guys. The HR department, safety, team leads and supervisors, most all of them need to be fired. They will lie to make the job sound good when you hire on and when it come to your evaluation time they will tell you how much of a poor job you are doing to try and pump you up and get even more work out of you. If they tell you they will supply you tools that's a lie, when they say they will replace a tool of your that you break while working on there stuff that's a lie, and if they tell you that most people that work there make an easily 75,000 a year that's a lie. From my understanding this place hasn't always been like this, there is people that have been there, 20, 30 even 40 years that I met and they will tell you it's just gotten like this the past few years. Benefits with the company are not to bad but could be better, insurance is, well OK atlease you got it. There is no sick leave and very little paid vacation, 401k is better than nothing. Also I will add for the people that has been there 20+ years all that I seen are hard working men and women and this company shows them no respect for being a hard worker for so long.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Lucky if you get a break
Reliable Job
Office (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2016
If you're looking for a good place to work, ESCO is a great option. They provide consistent field work for all employees, and the office people are relied on heavily to keep things flowing.
Pros
Small Company, Reliable Job, Employee Pricing
Cons
Poor Benefits, Lack of Advancement/Growth, Inability to Take Time Off
Lack of leadership vision; constant reorginization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2015
ESCO is currently going through its second major reorg in the past 2.5 years. The top brass is very fickle, constantly changing priorities, failing to complete top projects and using reorganization to hide costs and the overall lack of vision/strategy.

ESCO's "people centric" leadership push has fallen by the wayside along with their short-lived "sustainability" core value being replaced by a cost focus which has resulted in the dismissal of key employees and a culture of confusion.

I would recommend not working for this company.
Pros
Salary is ok, products are great, people are good, PDX location is good
Cons
Lack of vision and strategy, weak executive team, down market/no bonus, nepotistic promotional practices
Certain team leader thinks to much of him
Announcer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Certain team leader thinks to much if him just because he has worked in different departments. The things that I don't like about him is that people get the job done and he is the ones that gets the credit for. I don't feel appreciated by this team leader, no one in his shift likes him , he thinks he knows it all but he doesn't know anything that has to do with finishing. If just let's us do our job, castings will ho out the door faster with out being micro managed. Other than that current and former managers and the other team leaders it is good to work with because they listen. Esco has been good to me.from the last 16 Yeats I have worked.
Pros
Good co worker's
Cons
Not being appreciated by one team leader
esco work forse
Laborer/Jib Crane Operator/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 2, 2017
The job was very learning, hard, team leader was a team player that showed me things ive never done before. My swing co-workers were a team they were a group that I enjoyed working with. The most of all its was hard to work for a company that was in business for over 100 years and watch it go down. esco was a family company I enjoyed working for them... Thank You ESCO
Pros
good people and barbecues
great place to work
Temporarily assumed the position of Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHSeptember 9, 2016
its a hot place to work in the summer, but it feels like a close knit family....not a lot of room for advancement. it also isn't a very stable work environment. I got layed off due to low orders.
No consideration for outside life
Salary employee (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonNovember 17, 2013
This company has no consideration for a person to have an outside life, work the 6-day salary job or lose your job. You do not gat paid for your skills, nor see any chance for advancement. In addition, the LEAN process has become a higher priority than getting your job done and important work is not done in order to work on a lean project and THEN the recommendations are not implemented. Lots of talk, no commitment to action. Constant management changes disrupt your work flow as new boss sets new priorities, and they expect immediate focus on their high priorities regardless of what work you were doing. Good people are being laid off or terminated, this is a bad place to work
Pros
Fair pay but not great, good benefits package
Cons
demanding excessive hours, unrealistic goals which constantly change with new managers, LEAN has become excessive and no implementation of large items from project, only small changes get done
its a good place to work but its dangerous to your health.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2016
Fun place, learned more about casting company management are hlf decent co-workers are fun hardest part of the job learning how to pour the hot molten metal most enjoyable prats of the job is breaktime.
Pros
productive weeks free pizza
Cons
non-union work place so sups. are breathing on your neck.
decent place to work
OVEN OPERATOR/WELDER/ Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2015
Typical day at work was arcing and welding casting. I would also have to load the heat treat ovens with a remote operated crane. Management was great in some areas but needed improvement in others. The men I worked with were all great people and I had a good working relationship with all of them. The hardest part of my job would have been balancing the tasks of welding and operating the ovens, since the oven operation is a touchy task.
Pros
benefits, full time work
Cons
management needs improvement, never felt appriciated.
A place representing pride and work dedication
Welder (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAMarch 8, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of a team shift meeting at the beginning of your shift followed by the hob assignment for the day to each worker and then you began working away. I learned that management was helpful to start and was beginning to treat you like family then they began harassing employees such as myself. the co works were like brothers to me.
Pros
Pay rate, along with benefits was great
Cons
management
Traffic Analyst.
TRAFFIC ANALYST PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2016
Prepare shipping documents outbound and inbound occasionally. check accuracy. Provide bids to carriers for a lane for a movement. Management has trust in my judgement and supports my decisions.
Difficult challenge is time factor. You need to list your priorities what needs to ship that day. Enjoy the fast pace environment. Co-workers, esco employees, vendors, customers ask for my advise on shipping questions.
good production company with good managment
Class A Molder/ Pourer (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2014
Esco has been a good company to work for. They have treated me fairly and care for the safety of employees. The management and co-works work well together and the quality of work we do is at a all time high. I really like working for Esco corporation but the production has went down and there just is not much work anymore and that is why I would like to bring my many skills to another company.
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
low production and work
work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHApril 21, 2016
I liked my co-workers.Management was fair took the the to listen.The holidays was a treat to us.The work environment was hot an dirty
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hot, dirty
Great company
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2012
Great pay and raises, great company many people have been there for years.
Pros
great salary, people
Cons
grave shift
It was a decent place to work.
welder (Former Employee) –  Wright, WYMarch 11, 2016
I thought all in all, they were a good company to work for. They could have turned into something pretty good for the area,but something just didn't work, so they went out of business.
oven operator
Fit cell operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2016
I really liked esco as it was like working with family their and I looked forward to going to work everyday. even though it was so very hot their. I wouldn't say anything bad about esco.
An administrative/receptionist position involving a small security company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PANovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work included being part of the customer service team, answering phones and helping customers.

Processing payroll on a weekly basis, as well as processing Accounts Payable invoices and processing AP checks every week.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to handle difficult and time-sensitive phone calls and customers.

I learned how to relate to a variety of people both at work and difficult impossible customers over the phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping our customers and the wonderful work environment.
A great place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  casper, wyMarch 4, 2013
I learned a lot working here and it was a very family oriented workplace. great people and friends
Pros
great benifits
Solid Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
ESCO has a longstanding reputation as both an innovative supplier of wear solutions and as an employer with a social conscience. As is evidenced in my own career, there is definitely room for advancement.
not a great place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2015
when interviewed by the plant manager, it seems to be a professional and relaxed atmosphere. that was all misleading. it is a very hostile work experience. If you are a minority, (which i am not), they are treated very wrong. very harmful racial slurs are used openly. upper management is aware, but nothing is done. Employees are related to the the plant manager, who get special treatment. i wouldn't recommend this employer.
Pros
schedule
Cons
racist. rude employees. dirty. dangerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.