ESCO Corporation Employee Reviews

very productive work place
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2017
Dependent upon your job title will determine how fast pace your job will be. The pay and benefits is great, but again hard labor. A lot of people with mixture of attitudes.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hard labor
Bright folks with poor management
Project Manager/Engineering Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2017
Poor management which is too bad as there is such great talent and great opportunity for growth! Management stood in the way of a lot of great ideas. Seemed to be a very male driven company and was hard to find a place at the table as a women. Too bad!
This company is no longer in business in our area.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 13, 2017
This company went out of business and filed Chapter 11. Waited about a year and then went back into business in California. I do not know the specifics. The employees were very nice.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
not a good environment
Newton, Mississippi
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMarch 28, 2017
Working Esco Corporation was one of the worse company I have ever worked for. It is a screamingly hot all the time doing the summer, and a screamingly cold doing the winter time. There are times when it is raining outside. Employees have to go outside in the rain and retrieve product off of the ground. Employees are treated with disrespect from management and team leaders all of the time. Supervisors are treated will little respect, and expectations are very high with little training or coaching. I would not recommend anyone that I know to be employed at this company. Management tells you that there are no weekend work until you joined the company and then you work ever weekend without a day off. Don't fall for this! The equipment is poor and breaks down all of the time and there is an employee shortage and you are still to maintain production no matter what. Avoid working there! Your life will soon be over with. I promise you that!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard work, too much overtime, broke down equipment, employee shortage, bad management, and no family time.
From high school until the END!
Fabrication Welder (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2017
ESCO was a great a place to work. I started working there my senior year and just grew to love the culture and the people. We were a family and that made the job seem smoother. The management got a little shady towards the end and shut down. The employees were so tight knit it made everything seem ok. I would have to say the hardest part of my career there was starting out in the doghouse "rolling weights". If you could make it through that you could do any job at ESCO.

ESCO was a family that was torn apart so they could move to ITALY!
Pros
Family, friends and the amount of experience gained.
Cons
Moving over seas and shutting the doors on 1913 company.
Esco treated me really good.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Esco treated me really good. Esco always treated me real good. When I say "Esco" I mean the bosses, the management, and all of my coworkers. And I mean ALL of my coworkers.
Great people work at ESCO
Organizational Effectiveness Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
The best part of working at ESCO are the people. It is terribly sad that ESCO is going through a very serious economic downturn in their markets.
Stay far away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2017
Manufacturing manager will stab you in the back the only back he has is his own. He wont say much to you and then will suspend you for poor performance. He and the ops. manager would rather stab you in the back than work with the employees.
Pros
Cons
managment only out for theselves
esco work forse
Laborer/Jib Crane Operator/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 2, 2017
The job was very learning, hard, team leader was a team player that showed me things ive never done before. My swing co-workers were a team they were a group that I enjoyed working with. The most of all its was hard to work for a company that was in business for over 100 years and watch it go down. esco was a family company I enjoyed working for them... Thank You ESCO
Pros
good people and barbecues
No ping pong tables working with steel is a challenge
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHDecember 28, 2016
Hot and noisy and dirty
learned a lot about steel processes
well no comment
most were cool but there's no shortage of idiots
maneuvering steel components
doing a safe and productive job
Pros
many meals were free
Cons
people seemed to become ignorant after being given a position
Certain team leader thinks to much of him
Announcer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Certain team leader thinks to much if him just because he has worked in different departments. The things that I don't like about him is that people get the job done and he is the ones that gets the credit for. I don't feel appreciated by this team leader, no one in his shift likes him , he thinks he knows it all but he doesn't know anything that has to do with finishing. If just let's us do our job, castings will ho out the door faster with out being micro managed. Other than that current and former managers and the other team leaders it is good to work with because they listen. Esco has been good to me.from the last 16 Yeats I have worked.
Pros
Good co worker's
Cons
Not being appreciated by one team leader
Esco in Newton is the worse job i ever had.
maintance tech (Former Employee) –  Newton Ms.September 12, 2016
Let's just try and be nice when I say esco in newton has the worst upper management there can be. The job is dirty but not to hard. It's hard to find help or to get someone to show you how to do something but other than that the guys you work with are pretty good group of guys. The HR department, safety, team leads and supervisors, most all of them need to be fired. They will lie to make the job sound good when you hire on and when it come to your evaluation time they will tell you how much of a poor job you are doing to try and pump you up and get even more work out of you. If they tell you they will supply you tools that's a lie, when they say they will replace a tool of your that you break while working on there stuff that's a lie, and if they tell you that most people that work there make an easily 75,000 a year that's a lie. From my understanding this place hasn't always been like this, there is people that have been there, 20, 30 even 40 years that I met and they will tell you it's just gotten like this the past few years. Benefits with the company are not to bad but could be better, insurance is, well OK atlease you got it. There is no sick leave and very little paid vacation, 401k is better than nothing. Also I will add for the people that has been there 20+ years all that I seen are hard working men and women and this company shows them no respect for being a hard worker for so long.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Lucky if you get a break
great place to work
Temporarily assumed the position of Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHSeptember 9, 2016
its a hot place to work in the summer, but it feels like a close knit family....not a lot of room for advancement. it also isn't a very stable work environment. I got layed off due to low orders.
Reliable Job
Office (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2016
If you're looking for a good place to work, ESCO is a great option. They provide consistent field work for all employees, and the office people are relied on heavily to keep things flowing.
Pros
Small Company, Reliable Job, Employee Pricing
Cons
Poor Benefits, Lack of Advancement/Growth, Inability to Take Time Off
its a good place to work but its dangerous to your health.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2016
Fun place, learned more about casting company management are hlf decent co-workers are fun hardest part of the job learning how to pour the hot molten metal most enjoyable prats of the job is breaktime.
Pros
productive weeks free pizza
Cons
non-union work place so sups. are breathing on your neck.
work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHApril 21, 2016
I liked my co-workers.Management was fair took the the to listen.The holidays was a treat to us.The work environment was hot an dirty
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hot, dirty
Traffic Analyst.
TRAFFIC ANALYST PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2016
Prepare shipping documents outbound and inbound occasionally. check accuracy. Provide bids to carriers for a lane for a movement. Management has trust in my judgement and supports my decisions.
Difficult challenge is time factor. You need to list your priorities what needs to ship that day. Enjoy the fast pace environment. Co-workers, esco employees, vendors, customers ask for my advise on shipping questions.
It was a decent place to work.
welder (Former Employee) –  Wright, WYMarch 11, 2016
I thought all in all, they were a good company to work for. They could have turned into something pretty good for the area,but something just didn't work, so they went out of business.
oven operator
Fit cell operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2016
I really liked esco as it was like working with family their and I looked forward to going to work everyday. even though it was so very hot their. I wouldn't say anything bad about esco.
Solid Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
ESCO has a longstanding reputation as both an innovative supplier of wear solutions and as an employer with a social conscience. As is evidenced in my own career, there is definitely room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.