ESCO Corporation Employee Reviews

good place intell they kicked us out
Overhead Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work. the orders were starting to become staggered but that because they decided to shut the plant down. they were nice enough to warn use in advance but considering the place had been running over 100 years i thought it be a career not a day dream.
Pros
good salary and friends. sometimes great managment
Cons
the place is no longer in portland, OR and it was not worth moving
Overall good place
Safety Director/Lead Rigger (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Some issues as far as management goes, hours weren't the best, pay could have been A LOT better considering the liabilities you take and safety factors.
great
Customer Delight Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2017
good people and they are extremely willing to help people in any situation that they might be in. they are 100% willing to meet your needs. excellent work environment
Ok
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 26, 2017
It was a great place to work good environment good people around didn't have no problems everybody got along with everybody it's hard pays good work fast speed that's what I liked about it someday I would like to work there again
ordinary
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSAugust 25, 2017
typical 9-5 job. Good family/ community based company. Excellent manufacturing company. Very competitive in the mining industry. Excellent environment for a factory worker. Great place to work
Good salesman. Poor leadership
Project Manager - Controls Division (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 8, 2017
They are lacking experience and are choosing to bring on less knowledgeable people to save on payroll costs. Lots of turnover with personnel. you're never sure if you're doing a good job as there os no feedback
Not a place for a minority
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSJuly 25, 2017
Upper management was very poor. Maintenance/Production. The Maintenance team had to contend with interference from production. The Maintenance Manager was a non-factor
Pros
Ok Pay
Cons
Poor Upper Managment
pouring line
Magnetic Particle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 18, 2017
There is a revolving door of temps with very few perm employees, The company is on its last legs and moving all production overseas. The management doesn't listen to a word production has to say.
Pros
overtime opportunities
Cons
lay offs, bad management, getting hurt
Be prepared to sweat like a pig
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
Be careful about UPPER managements BS. They only really care about themselves and their lower family members. Do your homework and be prepared. From 20 yr ESCO employee.
My life for the last 20 years
Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2017
For the last 20 years I was an employee of ESCO Corporation, where I gained all my knowledge as a welder and certifications. It was great a pleasure working with the company where I grew professionally. Unfortunately after 103 years of services ESCO Corporation closed down.
enjoyed working at esco
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  portland Oregon, main plantJuly 7, 2017
my plan was to retire from esco, I had the opportunity to grow in the company, I started as a grinder and worked my way up to become a team leader, due to the company closure all of the main plant employees are out of a job. I enjoyed working for escort, I will work for esco if there is a opportunity on a different plant.
High paced production safety oriented company
Molder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2017
I'm one of the few people that worked castings from start to finish. From the molding process to Melting the metal to finishing and painting the casting. I made molds for the molten Steel. Melted and transferred steel to the pouring floor. Maintained and rebuilt the transfer and pouring ladles. I also ground and fit and painted the castings to the customer specs.
Pros
Friendly workplace atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent work instructions
Small sales company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 20, 2017
Worked in outside sale was not in the office much. Good base salary but hard to get to incentives. Came in to the office about once a week. Nice management but not run well.
hard wok
Bench Grinder (Former Employee) –  Newton, MS 39345June 8, 2017
*it is a great job for a home town. the pay is not very good. the benefits are good as far as insurance but it is very expensive. they do not appreciate their workers.
Competitive wages for the location.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMay 23, 2017
what i initially believed to be a great place to work until i was set up by management for failure. competitive wages for the location. great place to work as an hourly employee.
very productive work place
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2017
Dependent upon your job title will determine how fast pace your job will be. The pay and benefits is great, but again hard labor. A lot of people with mixture of attitudes.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hard labor
Bright folks with poor management
Project Manager/Engineering Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2017
Poor management which is too bad as there is such great talent and great opportunity for growth! Management stood in the way of a lot of great ideas. Seemed to be a very male driven company and was hard to find a place at the table as a women. Too bad!
This company is no longer in business in our area.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 13, 2017
This company went out of business and filed Chapter 11. Waited about a year and then went back into business in California. I do not know the specifics. The employees were very nice.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
not a good environment
Newton, Mississippi
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMarch 28, 2017
Working Esco Corporation was one of the worse company I have ever worked for. It is a screamingly hot all the time doing the summer, and a screamingly cold doing the winter time. There are times when it is raining outside. Employees have to go outside in the rain and retrieve product off of the ground. Employees are treated with disrespect from management and team leaders all of the time. Supervisors are treated will little respect, and expectations are very high with little training or coaching. I would not recommend anyone that I know to be employed at this company. Management tells you that there are no weekend work until you joined the company and then you work ever weekend without a day off. Don't fall for this! The equipment is poor and breaks down all of the time and there is an employee shortage and you are still to maintain production no matter what. Avoid working there! Your life will soon be over with. I promise you that!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard work, too much overtime, broke down equipment, employee shortage, bad management, and no family time.
From high school until the END!
Fabrication Welder (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2017
ESCO was a great a place to work. I started working there my senior year and just grew to love the culture and the people. We were a family and that made the job seem smoother. The management got a little shady towards the end and shut down. The employees were so tight knit it made everything seem ok. I would have to say the hardest part of my career there was starting out in the doghouse "rolling weights". If you could make it through that you could do any job at ESCO.

ESCO was a family that was torn apart so they could move to ITALY!
Pros
Family, friends and the amount of experience gained.
Cons
Moving over seas and shutting the doors on 1913 company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval