ESCO Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Reliable Job
Office (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2016
If you're looking for a good place to work, ESCO is a great option. They provide consistent field work for all employees, and the office people are relied on heavily to keep things flowing.
Pros
Small Company, Reliable Job, Employee Pricing
Cons
Poor Benefits, Lack of Advancement/Growth, Inability to Take Time Off
its a good place to work but its dangerous to your health.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2016
Fun place, learned more about casting company management are hlf decent co-workers are fun hardest part of the job learning how to pour the hot molten metal most enjoyable prats of the job is breaktime.
Pros
productive weeks free pizza
Cons
non-union work place so sups. are breathing on your neck.
work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHApril 21, 2016
I liked my co-workers.Management was fair took the the to listen.The holidays was a treat to us.The work environment was hot an dirty
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hot, dirty
Traffic Analyst.
TRAFFIC ANALYST PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2016
Prepare shipping documents outbound and inbound occasionally. check accuracy. Provide bids to carriers for a lane for a movement. Management has trust in my judgement and supports my decisions.
Difficult challenge is time factor. You need to list your priorities what needs to ship that day. Enjoy the fast pace environment. Co-workers, esco employees, vendors, customers ask for my advise on shipping questions.
It was a decent place to work.
welder (Former Employee) –  Wright, WYMarch 11, 2016
I thought all in all, they were a good company to work for. They could have turned into something pretty good for the area,but something just didn't work, so they went out of business.
oven operator
Fit cell operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2016
I really liked esco as it was like working with family their and I looked forward to going to work everyday. even though it was so very hot their. I wouldn't say anything bad about esco.
Solid Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
ESCO has a longstanding reputation as both an innovative supplier of wear solutions and as an employer with a social conscience. As is evidenced in my own career, there is definitely room for advancement.
An administrative/receptionist position involving a small security company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PANovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work included being part of the customer service team, answering phones and helping customers.

Processing payroll on a weekly basis, as well as processing Accounts Payable invoices and processing AP checks every week.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to handle difficult and time-sensitive phone calls and customers.

I learned how to relate to a variety of people both at work and difficult impossible customers over the phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping our customers and the wonderful work environment.
Lack of leadership vision; constant reorginization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2015
ESCO is currently going through its second major reorg in the past 2.5 years. The top brass is very fickle, constantly changing priorities, failing to complete top projects and using reorganization to hide costs and the overall lack of vision/strategy.

ESCO's "people centric" leadership push has fallen by the wayside along with their short-lived "sustainability" core value being replaced by a cost focus which has resulted in the dismissal of key employees and a culture of confusion.

I would recommend not working for this company.
Pros
Salary is ok, products are great, people are good, PDX location is good
Cons
Lack of vision and strategy, weak executive team, down market/no bonus, nepotistic promotional practices
ESCO and their huge corporation
Order Processing/Purchasing/Data Entry/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2015
ESCO has plenty of plants across the U.S. as well as in Canada and Mexico. I was an order processor, I would complete the orders so quickly that they would have me help with purchasing, accounting, transporting, AutoCad engineering, etc. I had asked my manager if there was any way I could grow with the company. He pointed out that all of the order processors were there for twenty plus years and it's very unlikely that I could move up from this position.
Pros
The people were very kind.
Cons
Not being able to grow with the company.
not a great place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2015
when interviewed by the plant manager, it seems to be a professional and relaxed atmosphere. that was all misleading. it is a very hostile work experience. If you are a minority, (which i am not), they are treated very wrong. very harmful racial slurs are used openly. upper management is aware, but nothing is done. Employees are related to the the plant manager, who get special treatment. i wouldn't recommend this employer.
Pros
schedule
Cons
racist. rude employees. dirty. dangerous
I enjoyed working there. The pay was good as well as the benifits. great people there to chat with and work with. It was just a great place to work.
Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSSeptember 9, 2015
I had fun working here and working with people I never seen or met. Overall, it was a great place to be and work at. The pay was very nice. It was close to home. They had a lot od drawings to get people involved in doing things there. I really enjoyed the time I had here with this company. If I had the chance to go back then I would.
Pros
Friendly, they had drink and snack machines.
Cons
Could't have our phones on us in the workplace. Our breaks wasn't long enough.
Productive lax atmosphere
Field Service Technician/welder (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 10, 2015
Typical day starts with meeting, job orders and requirements, project appointments. Co-workers are excellent to work with very friendly.
Cons
Too many people requesting your assistance while working on a project.
able to work w/o supervision, challenging with new units
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO. 80236June 21, 2015
productive most days able to work through the day without supervision. self taught how to de-engineer printed circuit boards and draw up schematics. management good. able to interface with co-workers and share knowledge. tech support was dificult with some customers. best part of job was supervisor let me work knowing i can things done.
A very busy place to work
Assembler/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chittenango, NYMay 17, 2015
If you like that fasted pace part about a job then this is the job for you. It is sad that the CEO had sold the company to another company to CPP out of California and i didn't stick around much long after that because they had put me on a different shift that i couldn't work but for the most part i enjoyed working there with my co - workers and managers. I would definitely go back if I knew that ESCO was going to buy back the company and i could work day shift again.
Pros
Great people, family oriented, excellent health care
Cons
the hours
decent place to work
OVEN OPERATOR/WELDER/ Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2015
Typical day at work was arcing and welding casting. I would also have to load the heat treat ovens with a remote operated crane. Management was great in some areas but needed improvement in others. The men I worked with were all great people and I had a good working relationship with all of them. The hardest part of my job would have been balancing the tasks of welding and operating the ovens, since the oven operation is a touchy task.
Pros
benefits, full time work
Cons
management needs improvement, never felt appriciated.
A place representing pride and work dedication
Welder (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAMarch 8, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of a team shift meeting at the beginning of your shift followed by the hob assignment for the day to each worker and then you began working away. I learned that management was helpful to start and was beginning to treat you like family then they began harassing employees such as myself. the co works were like brothers to me.
Pros
pay rate, along with benefits was great
Cons
management
Long-established company
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2014
ESCO is a company that's always had a reputation for taking care of it's employees and providing long-term security. After all, a company that's been around for 100+ years must have done something right.

I enjoyed many people I met while employed there and took away many valuable experiences that I can apply in the future.

That said, I am very happy to have walked away from ESCO and continue to hear more and more examples from former colleagues that affirm my decision.
Pros
not many
good production company with good managment
Class A Molder/ Pourer (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2014
Esco has been a good company to work for. They have treated me fairly and care for the safety of employees. The management and co-works work well together and the quality of work we do is at a all time high. I really like working for Esco corporation but the production has went down and there just is not much work anymore and that is why I would like to bring my many skills to another company.
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
low production and work
Manufacturing Powerhouse
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2014
ESCO Corporation is an excellent place for any Mechanical Engineer that can get their foot in the door. Product line is massive and cannot be comprehended by a single individual in its entirety.

They use the best software to design equipment. On site laboratories are equipped with advanced technical equipment and large scale test beds.

Staff is friendly and intelligent. You cannot succeed without cooperating as there are too many details to cover individually. CAD packages are bleeding edge. Thermal analysis and NAVDyn allow you to get the best digital predictions in a field that is ultimately incalculable.
Pros
best facility observed in my years of practice