ESCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a place for a minority
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSJuly 25, 2017
Upper management was very poor. Maintenance/Production. The Maintenance team had to contend with interference from production. The Maintenance Manager was a non-factor
Pros
Ok Pay
Cons
Poor Upper Managment
pouring line
Magnetic Particle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 18, 2017
There is a revolving door of temps with very few perm employees, The company is on its last legs and moving all production overseas. The management doesn't listen to a word production has to say.
Pros
overtime opportunities
Cons
lay offs, bad management, getting hurt
Be prepared to sweat like a pig
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
Be careful about UPPER managements BS. They only really care about themselves and their lower family members. Do your homework and be prepared. From 20 yr ESCO employee.
My life for the last 20 years
Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2017
For the last 20 years I was an employee of ESCO Corporation, where I gained all my knowledge as a welder and certifications. It was great a pleasure working with the company where I grew professionally. Unfortunately after 103 years of services ESCO Corporation closed down.
enjoyed working at esco
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  portland Oregon, main plantJuly 7, 2017
my plan was to retire from esco, I had the opportunity to grow in the company, I started as a grinder and worked my way up to become a team leader, due to the company closure all of the main plant employees are out of a job. I enjoyed working for escort, I will work for esco if there is a opportunity on a different plant.
High paced production safety oriented company
Molder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2017
I'm one of the few people that worked castings from start to finish. From the molding process to Melting the metal to finishing and painting the casting. I made molds for the molten Steel. Melted and transferred steel to the pouring floor. Maintained and rebuilt the transfer and pouring ladles. I also ground and fit and painted the castings to the customer specs.
Pros
Friendly workplace atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent work instructions
Small sales company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 20, 2017
Worked in outside sale was not in the office much. Good base salary but hard to get to incentives. Came in to the office about once a week. Nice management but not run well.
hard wok
Bench Grinder (Former Employee) –  Newton, MS 39345June 8, 2017
*it is a great job for a home town. the pay is not very good. the benefits are good as far as insurance but it is very expensive. they do not appreciate their workers.
Competitive wages for the location.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMay 23, 2017
what i initially believed to be a great place to work until i was set up by management for failure. competitive wages for the location. great place to work as an hourly employee.
very productive work place
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2017
Dependent upon your job title will determine how fast pace your job will be. The pay and benefits is great, but again hard labor. A lot of people with mixture of attitudes.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hard labor
Bright folks with poor management
Project Manager/Engineering Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2017
Poor management which is too bad as there is such great talent and great opportunity for growth! Management stood in the way of a lot of great ideas. Seemed to be a very male driven company and was hard to find a place at the table as a women. Too bad!
This company is no longer in business in our area.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 13, 2017
This company went out of business and filed Chapter 11. Waited about a year and then went back into business in California. I do not know the specifics. The employees were very nice.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
not a good environment
Newton, Mississippi
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMarch 28, 2017
Working Esco Corporation was one of the worse company I have ever worked for. It is a screamingly hot all the time doing the summer, and a screamingly cold doing the winter time. There are times when it is raining outside. Employees have to go outside in the rain and retrieve product off of the ground. Employees are treated with disrespect from management and team leaders all of the time. Supervisors are treated will little respect, and expectations are very high with little training or coaching. I would not recommend anyone that I know to be employed at this company. Management tells you that there are no weekend work until you joined the company and then you work ever weekend without a day off. Don't fall for this! The equipment is poor and breaks down all of the time and there is an employee shortage and you are still to maintain production no matter what. Avoid working there! Your life will soon be over with. I promise you that!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard work, too much overtime, broke down equipment, employee shortage, bad management, and no family time.
From high school until the END!
Fabrication Welder (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2017
ESCO was a great a place to work. I started working there my senior year and just grew to love the culture and the people. We were a family and that made the job seem smoother. The management got a little shady towards the end and shut down. The employees were so tight knit it made everything seem ok. I would have to say the hardest part of my career there was starting out in the doghouse "rolling weights". If you could make it through that you could do any job at ESCO.

ESCO was a family that was torn apart so they could move to ITALY!
Pros
Family, friends and the amount of experience gained.
Cons
Moving over seas and shutting the doors on 1913 company.
Esco treated me really good.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Esco treated me really good. Esco always treated me real good. When I say "Esco" I mean the bosses, the management, and all of my coworkers. And I mean ALL of my coworkers.
Great people work at ESCO
Organizational Effectiveness Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
The best part of working at ESCO are the people. It is terribly sad that ESCO is going through a very serious economic downturn in their markets.
Stay far away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2017
Manufacturing manager will stab you in the back the only back he has is his own. He wont say much to you and then will suspend you for poor performance. He and the ops. manager would rather stab you in the back than work with the employees.
Pros
Cons
managment only out for theselves
esco work forse
Laborer/Jib Crane Operator/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 2, 2017
The job was very learning, hard, team leader was a team player that showed me things ive never done before. My swing co-workers were a team they were a group that I enjoyed working with. The most of all its was hard to work for a company that was in business for over 100 years and watch it go down. esco was a family company I enjoyed working for them... Thank You ESCO
Pros
good people and barbecues
No ping pong tables working with steel is a challenge
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHDecember 28, 2016
Hot and noisy and dirty
learned a lot about steel processes
well no comment
most were cool but there's no shortage of idiots
maneuvering steel components
doing a safe and productive job
Pros
many meals were free
Cons
people seemed to become ignorant after being given a position
Certain team leader thinks to much of him
Announcer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Certain team leader thinks to much if him just because he has worked in different departments. The things that I don't like about him is that people get the job done and he is the ones that gets the credit for. I don't feel appreciated by this team leader, no one in his shift likes him , he thinks he knows it all but he doesn't know anything that has to do with finishing. If just let's us do our job, castings will ho out the door faster with out being micro managed. Other than that current and former managers and the other team leaders it is good to work with because they listen. Esco has been good to me.from the last 16 Yeats I have worked.
Pros
Good co worker's
Cons
Not being appreciated by one team leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9