ESI Employee Reviews in United States

It was fun working with all of the instrumentation and PLC's.
I/E Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 31, 2016
It was fun working with this company because I got to work with different people, some nice some not but learned how to deal with different personalities, leaned a lot about new systems and equipment.
The hardest part was to move from location to location.
The most enjoyable part of this job was to be able to manage big projects and be able to see the results at the end of each project when every system was performing as expected and expressed on the blue prints.
Pros
Have to work with different people.
Cons
Move from one work place to on other.
Great energetic exciting and I was always busy assisting employees.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2016
The ESI job was a dream job for me. I not only supervised but, I also became a part of our work family. I trained all employees in our department. I traveled to train other sites the art of being in a calling function. I enjoyed coming to work daily as I was one person people could and would come to and either I would assist with their needs or I would help make sure they did receive the proper assistance.
Pros
allowed to have your opinion heard and addressed. opions were valued.
Cons
i did not have any cons
Worked with students who had defaulted on their School loans.
Student Default Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 11, 2016
During the day we called students to inform & assist in what ever way we could to get them into good standings with their school loans. We worked individually but assisted each other when needed. While working for ESI I learned how student loans work.
Variety of jobs to work on
Electronic Assembly (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 19, 2016
No two days were the same as there were different orders to work on. Sometimes who had to stand around and wait for the lead person to find something for you to do after you had completed your last task. Some jobs lasted longer than others. In my other manufacturing jobs I was usually set up for the whole day as to what I needed to do.
don't waste your time
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 21, 2015
the job you're hired for will not match what you do. you'll be lucky it if it's not at least three people's job plus yours mixed in. there's no raises ever. their hardware needs a lot of help but they fix it only to the minimum. there's nothing enjoyable about the job.
Pros
some-what health orientated
Cons
bad benefits, no raises EVER, and it's a fight to get them to do anything right
Summary
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2016
So far this company is great. Contracts come up and they hire individuals like myself who want real world experience. You gain knowledge every day.
Roll Off Driver
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 8, 2016
My day starts at 5am and first pre-trip the truck, look over my paper work and see what customer i will service first. Pick up dumpster and dump them at landfills.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Small fish in big lake
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Interest dynamic between managers and workers and marketers and clients and different offices made understanding job protocols a monumental task
Fun place to work.
Delivery truck driver,Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Every day came into work loaded the truck and delivered supplies. It was a very laid back job. I learned to bend pipe and run wire.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not realy any cons.
Who's the Boss?
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYOctober 15, 2015
This is a small company with many clients located all over the United States. My experience is that this is a place where you constantly wonder how the people in charge got to be there. The supervisors can be cruel, expect you to accept being treated rudely by clients and simply offer no support to employees.
Productive dynamic & fast pace work environment
Field Service Technician/ Print Management (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2016
generate reports on the print management system - services & servers. Service the calls that requires attention & parts. Follow up with customers from outstanding tickets. Test the print management system throughout the day to ensure the credibility of operations.
Answering emails regarding printing and scan to emails, deliver toner to appropriate locations & monthly inventory counts.

I have learned more about the Pharos print management system and how to manipulate and correct the user accounts according to the needs of the users.

I managed the entire college campus of VSU consisting of 7000+ users (staff, faculty, students) Monday - Friday; I supervise 1 co-worker, fellow technician.

The hardest part of my job is to be a psychologist to various different levels of personalities and behaviors; also the travel to and from work is taxing - 90 miles total per day.

The most enjoyable part is that I have the freedom and ability to manage and supervise the system without micromanagement- the customers are used to my brand of work ethic and customer service.
Pros
stable full time position, active environment.
Cons
working with personalities that are not conducive to efficiency
ok company
virginia mason (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 8, 2015
I was nto impressed with the new management, the team came in and changed a lot of things versus improving the way we do business
Pros
no free
Cons
nothing easy
Decent place, Management has no direction
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Great Heathcare packages, however the company wants employees to work 50+ hours a week in order to even be considered a good employee. They value work hard not work smart.
simple contract work
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 5, 2015
Worked as a cable tech for a few weeks doing a contract for a few hospitals in the area. I met a few really cool people and learned how to work in a IT environment that outside of the usual dark server room closets and IT basement rooms.
Pros
simple and easy work
Cons
contract work
Accomplishes documentation creation by processing operator and analytical information on a fixed asset.
Technical Writer, Educational Skill Improvement (Current Employee) –  Pennington, ALJanuary 7, 2015
Prepare reference for operators by writing documentation; providing support and help. Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards. Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 18, 2015
Work isn't to hard once you know what to do. Hardest part of the job is to stay cool, gets really hot out there. learned how to operate heavy machinery and wielding.
Pros
traveling to other states
Cons
long days, gets really hot, a lot of walking
Productive everyday
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA transferred to Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Answer support calls and assist customers
Build accounts and activate services
Demonstrate technical leadership with incident handling and troubleshooting.
Interface with carrier and telecom providers on NNI provisioning.
Interface with LECs and NeuStar for number portability.
Other duties as directed by management
Stressfull
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAApril 20, 2015
constant stress to go faster, less on quality, decisions based on incomplete data, slow systems, low-volume when high volume is required to hit numbers.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
too stressfull, mismanagement of data, slow systems
The company lacked experience in safety and equipment management.
Licensed Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2015
I would't recondmond this company to anybody.This was the worst company I have ever worked for.The hiring process was the worst.I actually lost money working for them.
Temperary Agency working at a Goodwill Store
Hanger (Former Employee) –  Viewmont, NCJuly 23, 2014
I was a hanger of clothes. I would evaluate donated clothing for stains and tag them for sale out on the floor. I also helped assist with keeping the store clean and organizing merchandise. The management at the Goodwill store varied, but overall wasn't bad. My coworkers were all very kind and were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was going through merchandise that was donated that was just plain disgusting. It amazes me some of the things that people will drop off at a Goodwill store. I enjoyed the experience and learning what all the organization does for the community.
Pros
very community oriented company
Cons
unpaid lunch and temp pay was not good