ESI Employee Reviews

Productive and great work enviroment
Sr. Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 27, 2017
Very respectable company to work for..
Provides 401k, full health insurance, HR staffing is great, safety orientated, provides fr clothing, job tools and equipment.
Pros
Provide work vehicles..
Cons
None: follow all rules..
It's great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2017
It was a great experience. I would love to take up the opportunity to work there again. The environment was amazing and it would be great for anyone who needs to get their foot in the IT world.
Fun place to work.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 1, 2017
I worked at ESI, as a consultant, for over 8 years. They kept calling me back to do consulting work, but not once was I offered a permanent position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare and no advancement
great company, great team
Executive Recruiter/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
ESI is a small firm that has been around for 3+ decades. They have proved them selves time and time again to be an honest and excellent company not only to work for but to do business with as well.
work outside fun
electrical trainee (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 24, 2017
OIlfield atmosphere so lots of outside work. constantly in different place so work never gets redundant. management communicates responsiblites clearly.
Not a great place if you need time off
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  600 East 50th Street North Sioux Falls, SD 56104April 24, 2017
Working at ESI makes it hard to have a life and its hard to get time off if you need it, I worked the night shift and we had been working overtime too so I worked from 3:45pm-3:15am and it was Monday through Thursday and Friday we worked 3:45pm- 9:45pm.
Great Company
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 21, 2017
This is a very busy employment agency. They have lots of jobs to choose from with a ton of different companies. The Recruiters are really nice and will give you jobs that you are qualified for.
okay company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 18, 2017
great for starter experience
good pay
busy work environment
8 to 5
not much growth unless you know someone
a week of shadowing then your thrown into work
Great
Grief Councilor (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 5, 2017
I started working here just out of high school as a first time part time job. Slowly made my way up the latter once i aquired my degree. I love what i have accomplished so far and cant wait to further my experiences else where.
fun and helps get you used to customers
Guard (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 6, 2017
typical day is we tell cars where to go and sell them parking passes,then we go inside and help with security then for let out we tell them which exit to go too.
bosses are very nice and understanding
hardest part is stubborn customers.
most enjoyable part is getting to laugh with nice customers and see them be friendly back to me
Poor management no team atmosphere
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 2, 2017
Will work you until you quit. Lies and bias abound. Do not work here, too many other places you can bring your skill set. The Management only cares about the stock prices and how much they can buy below market.
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
long hours, manual processes, poor management
Famly like company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 27, 2017
Just out of highschool walked into this job.steady work with plenty of opportunity for advancement in the company. The original owners where like family can't speak for the new ones.
Pros
Fun steady work
Cons
Cant think of any
my thoughts
Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Great experience but after a 1 1/2 years he would not give me a raise. LOW PAY AND NO room for growth anymore. I was doing plenty of responsibilties; including but not limited to: Managing clients careers and personal lives, attending events and networking, ACCOUNTING/ book keeping and much more!
Professional, safe and friendly place to work
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 10, 2016
I only worked for a short time at ESI in Bakersfield, CA. I was assigned a Water Plant project and the job was going well then the company suffered radical cut backs and I was replaced with a Project Manager who had been with the company 15 years. ESI went from 250 employees to 115. Their fleet was cut back in half.
My opinoin about my job
Biller/Coder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2016
I process billing/coding for this company. We process claim from Stroger's Hospital. We was a offsite company that has a good relation with Stroger's Hospital. I learned that you will have to become certified in the future to continues working in this field. I had the best management team, my manager was the one that informed me that we are going to have to become certified. After work we studied together. My co-workers was great we all worked together to get the job done. And we also had a lot of fun together some of us has passed on. The hardest part of my job at the beginning was learning Stroger's offsite system only for a little while. The most enjoyable part was being a part of people that cared about each other. We had a Great team and we had respect for each other.
Pros
Being able to work a 4 day work week
Cons
N/a
Unsure
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Shannon, NCAugust 24, 2016
This was a temporary position. I was surprised I worked for the amount of time I did. During the election season, the work environment was hostile and the owner of the business was always trying to persuade my vote. I didn't like that all. I had to learn the job on my own w/o being properly trained.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
Too political
No chance to cast
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2016
I gave this company an overall rating of 4 because I think is it a good company overall, but the chance for advancement is so slim to none. I applied twice and was never considered.
Pros
Give-aways at Christmas time is good. The chance to win prizes.
Cons
no health benefits and slim chance at being a full time Disney cast member
Summary
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2016
So far this company is great. Contracts come up and they hire individuals like myself who want real world experience. You gain knowledge every day.
Overall Good Experience - No growth potential
Internal Staff (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 21, 2016
Well established business culture and philosophy by the owner,

Upper management always trying to improve systems and processes, and service.

Full benefits offered.

Upper management caring to their staff members.

Inconsistent work flow patterns in day to day activities and lack of structure.

Limited training and development in HR issues, or to improve and grow in skills and abilities.

Lack of professional discipline with some members of the staff which continued, and was not addressed by middle management.

This inconsistency created a difficult environment that affected morale of overall team cohesiveness, and how candidates were served.

Most enjoyable part was meeting candidates and getting people to work!
Pros
Good work/life balance, Overall fun work environment, Caring staff.
Cons
No room for growth with small company, inconsistency with professionalism among some staff members
Worked with students who had defaulted on their School loans.
Student Default Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 11, 2016
During the day we called students to inform & assist in what ever way we could to get them into good standings with their school loans. We worked individually but assisted each other when needed. While working for ESI I learned how student loans work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESI. Our community is ready to answer.