Eskaton Village Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I love working with the residents, management is not so good
Caregiver/Medication Technician-Memory Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced and very rewarding. I have learned a lot about Alzheimer's and Dementia patients and how to assist each with their individual needs. I work in MCU and our supervisors is never there, nor do we have consistent procedures or protocols. Issues that I have brought to my supervisors attention do not get follow up on or resolved. The hardest part of my job is seeing residents not properly cared for and those involved are never held accountable. The most enjoyable part is being able to make my residents and families happy.
Pros
Residents, Benefits
Cons
Management not following thru
Loving enviroment, beautiful work setting
Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJune 6, 2016
I love this job! Where else can you work where you get hugged and told "you're loved" everyday!! Management and Co workers are awesome.
Pros
Great work environment, free meal
Cons
working short staffed, low pay, can't promote
Fun Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 22, 2015
We would serve the residents their food and drinks that they ordered. We would set and change tables and table cloths. Folding cloth napkins when needed. We would buss tables and when the residents meals were over we would reset tables, vacuum floors, sweep floors, help clean the kitchen and put dishes away.
The hardest part of the job was the puree side, some residents can not have regular food. We would put the food in a blender with a little bit of hot water and it would be like a thick soup.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. We all got along and worked very well together.
Pros
Take home leftovers that otherwise would be thrown out
productive and enjoyable
assisting the elderly (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAApril 29, 2015
Eskaton Village was an employeer that allowed their employees to advance within the company, depending on their availability and effort. Eskaton offered health benefits to those that worked full time. for those that were continuing their studies, Eskaton would provide them with flexible schedules.
Pros
flexible schedules and health benefits
Good People, Great Residents
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CASeptember 29, 2014
Fun to work here getting to know all sorts of older folks with great stories that they love sharing
Pros
Many neat older people
Cons
Poor Managers
good team of assisted living community
LVN, Wellness Nurse (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CASeptember 28, 2014
Experienced team work in serving elderly people in a beautiful location. To assess, reassure, educate residents and families was the most enjoyable part of my work.Elderly love to have Wellness Nurse around, nice to see their smiles.
Provided companionship to Elderly
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJuly 2, 2014
I made a difference in someones life.At old age you need the motivation and drive to assure you are still able I build a great relationship with my client over time. Hos-pest visits became frequent and my patient died of old age.
Great Place to work
Resident transportation (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 9, 2013
I had the most fun working for this place! management was great and the coworkers were fantastic.