Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews in United States

Eskenazi: not for everyone, but GREAT for me!
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2015
I LOVED my employment at Eskenazi. This is due to the fact that my department had exceptional coworkers who choose to work daily for the good of our clients. Working at Eskenazi can be challenging, but it is so rewarding. If you have a heart for the mentally ill, I truly think this is am amazing place to work. Middle management wasn't very helpful, but if you love what you do, this is certainly something you can cope with (and hopefully someday remedy!). I truly learned to embody the PRIDE values Eskenazi strives for, and I look forward to living by these values at my future employer. I loved Eskenazi, but it isn't a position one should take lightly. You have a beautiful opportunity to impact many individuals living in Marion County with challenging backgrounds. You must be willing to change and adapt to best meet the needs of the clients. Thus far, working at Eskenazi has been my favorite position. Had I not moved, I would have planned on making Eskenazi Health a long time career.
Mgmt threatened to kill my colleague, and then covered up the death threat
just another victim (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis EMSApril 29, 2016
Member of management threatened to kill my colleague when this colleague refused to help stalk other members of staff. When this was brought to the attention of executive staff and HR, it was covered up. Also, they've been violating the fair labors standard act for decades. They REALLY don't like to pay overtime. ESPECIALLY IF YOU"RE A WOMAN. In fact, they might kill you if you report it. Leadership is too busy sleeping with the staff to be concerned with the death threats. If you value your life -or your paycheck, don't work here.
Cons
ethics, pay, threats of murder, stalking, harassment, quid-pro-quo mgmt requests for sexu*l favors
Teen Care Program is a fun and exciting department to work for.
Teen Care Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2016
Overall Eskenazi Health is a good place to work. Very diverse patient and employee population. Lots of room for advancement in nursing.
Would not recommend
Masters level clinician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
Working at Midtown was oppressive; low pay, asked to double book clients to meet productivity, and when productivity was not met (as it often wasn't if one actually wanted to not work unpaid overtime daily) employees would be reprimanded and micro managed until eventually (I am assuming) there would be termination.
Given this, most "clinical supervision" sessions were spent discussing how to make productivity which they cleverly masked as "meeting the clients needs". News flash-being client centered means the client decides their needs, not us. Using productivity combined with low pay, micro management and a lack of good, true clinical supervision does not provide good care for clients. I am disappointed that the residents of Indianapolis who are disadvantaged already may have to receive care from a place that treats it's employees so poorly.
Also-because of the large hierarchy that needs to get paid from the "little people" at the bottom, I would estimate that people who actually bill for services only get about 40% of that back in their salary while the rest goes up the rankings.
Pros
Work 8-4/5
Cons
Productivity, micro management, poor clinical supervision
do not apply for this opportunity
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2016
this role will turn into a data entry role. 8-10 hours at a desk entering data. absence of culture

they have no real understanding about a culture of accountability
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
honesty about position
Mission is a major part of how management makes business decisions
Associate Vice President, Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2016
Mission is a major part of how management makes business decisions. Very progressive in trying new clinical models and patient management approaches.
Productive and hard working
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2016
Typical Day of work fast paced over 100 patients a day, co workers very nice and helpful ,management very good and well organized.
Pros
Being able to work with a variety of patients
Cons
Hours, PRN
A work day at eskenazi health
Foodservice Ambassador (Current Employee) –  INDIANAPOLISMay 17, 2015
A typical day at work I come in and get yelled at for all the mistake that has been made to residents food all day when iclearing don't know what happend by angry patients. I stock pantry , run nourishments and tube feedings and help answer the phone to room service . I work in a office where I am the new person and none of the lady that been there for a while don;t get a long and the is always something going on the hard part of the job is there is not enough communication between the women that work in the diet office . And the best patient is the ability to be able to talk with the patient and make them smile
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons
BEARY NO BREAKS AND BAD MANAGEMENT
Family Oriented with a heart for serving the needs of community
Family Support Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2016
Fathers and Families work with young fathers, expectant fathers, and young women as well. On a typical day, we conduct various workshops on healthy relationships and improving communication. Classes are fun and interactive and the staff work well together.
Pros
I get to help individuals make positive improvements in their life.
Cons
Working with some individuals who are not motivated.
Supervisor was a narcisistic bully
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2016
I was a care coordinator for thr STARS team. All the other girls were stuck up and would make up stories about me to tell the supervisior. She ended up firing me. I was so depressed that I attempted suicide. When my former supervisor found out she told all the girls on the team and they laughed about it.
Pros
no weekends or evenings
Cons
backstabbing coworkers
This is a great stepping stone job.
CHECK OUT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2016
I have been here five years and if they clean house management wise it will be a great company and raise the pay.ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
productive workplace and environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2015
As a medical assistants (MA) I work in a well-lighted and clean environment. I constantly interact with other healtcare professionals and patients while handling several responsibilities at once. i worked full (40-hour week) monday through friday.
Pros
full-time work 30min break
Cons
weekends off
Job itself is easy going
tech (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisSeptember 22, 2015
Easy going workplace as far as the job itself. Some of the nurses care about our staff even though they take too much advantage of us. Management is not so great. You tell them your problems and they do nothing about it.
Pros
Job itself
Cons
Everything else pretty much
Call Center Clerk/Room Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2015
I have worked at Eskenazi Health for four years and my job was easy going with great benefits. I work with great people and the patients are excited about their stay with spacious rooms!
Will never work in outpatient again. Midtown
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2015
I worked at Midtown for a year. It is a good training ground into the mental health field. I also had some great co-workers and built some great relationships. However, the outpatient clinic is not well organized. The Outpatient clinic at Midtown is very busy, and at times can be a little overwhelming. You have to make productivity every month and that is not exposed until you are well into training. Because you work with the severely mentally ill, employees are expected to double book clients as they may not always show up. If you don't make productivity, which is 90 billable hours a month, then you will progress through the disciplinary process unto termination. Because Medicaid billing is the primary source of revenue for Midtown, the productivity is taken very seriously. If Medicaid was taken away, Midtown would fold. Work hours are 8 am to 4:30pm with some flexibility and must attend staff meetings weekly. The hardest part of the job was meeting productivity. When clients don't show for scheduled appointments, you have to find something to do that is billable to ensure you make your hours at the end of the month. Advancing can be challenging. The main hospital is always hiring. One you have to have be in good standing and meeting productivity before applying for different position, in addition to being a likeable employee.

Also, those patience who need regular medication management, psychiatrics or Clinical Nurse Specialist are over whelmed with multiple clients in need of medicine or new scripts. New clients have to wait two months and sometimes longer to
  more... get a scheduled appointment. Then when the client arrives for the appointment, they are waiting for long periods of time to see the Clinical Nurse Specialist or Psychiatrics. Sometimes during the wait, clients become agitated, anxious, and leave. I met some nice people, great coworkers, but the management of the clinic is poor for such a well know organization.

I did walk away well trained in mental health and found that I love working in the mental health field, but not in and outpatient setting. If I was to return to mental health it would be in and inpatient setting such as Larue Carter, or other hospitals with inpatient mental health services. I would have stayed at Midtown had the management been better to work with, the clinic being better managed and so much of the focus wasn't on making productivity every month. No employee wants to work under stress every single month wondering if they have a job or if they will be written up. I was linked to a different job opportunity so I left Midtown and it has been he best decision of my career. Good luck to those who apply and are successful. :)
Pros
Met nice co-workers, good training in mental health and enjoyed working with clients
Cons
poor management, low pay, difficult to reach monthly productivity, Busy clinic
Poor working staff relations
full time staff position (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2015
Wonderful productive work environment until my last position. Mean spirited staff who bullied and and were two faced. Blame on both management and the staff who worked there. It was who you knew in what you did mentality. Not the same place I hired in many years ago. Glad I am gone because that was not who I was. As I have heard recently some have left (the good ones) the ones left are the mean uncaring folks who are representing the hospital. Looking for another hospital to go if I need service.
Pros
Some wonderful people still work there
Cons
Some two faced poor quality staff remain
Productive Environment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
A typical work day included a large patient base coming into and calling into the office for appointments, prescriptions etc. I learned to be patient and have empathy for those suffering with physical and mental illnesses. Management was very courteous and went above and beyond the call. My co-workers became like family through their support of the passing of my mother. The hardest part of the job was having to leave and the most enjoyable part was assisting patients and staff.
Pros
Assisting patients and staff
Cons
Not a very secure environment
Never work here
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2015
The most unethical workplace in Indianapolis. If just come to work do not work here because you will have to put up with a lot of BS while your there. You have been warned!!!
aweful place to work
care coordinator and support specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisFebruary 25, 2015
Run, dont pass go, dont collect 200 dollars. Midtowns leadership is unprofessional, unethical, and practices on models of care from the 1970s. If you are ethical you will be retaliated against. The manager of Inpatient pysch has 2 years experience and no clue. The CEO and VPs of Midtown are corupt and dont care at all about the staff or patients. If you report illegal activity you will be labled as a mental patient and mandated to EAP. Worse job I have ever had working under the most ignorant supervisors who are corrupt.
Pros
good pay, flexable schedule
Cons
they try to force you to defraud medicaid and violate patients rights
Run for your life!!!!
something (Current Employee) –  somewhereJuly 3, 2015
One of the worst seasons of my life.
I would I'd never come here.
Everyone is mean spirited.
Unfair management.
Hateful coworkers.
Dog eat dog world.
I used to believe in human beings.
Now I don't.
Monsters every last one of them.
Pros
Cons
everything

2.9