Eskenazi Health

Eskenazi Health Employer Reviews

My job is great we have weekly thanks and appreciatation.Its a great team to be a part of.
Registrar (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2014
Pros: i work with a good group of people
Cons: i have not found any cons for this job
My work day consist of registering over 100 patients a month, answering phone, directing calls to appropriate person. Prepare all paperwork needed for the intake process. Check insurance, collect co-payments, reconcile all monies, and schedule doctor appointments. Once a month I order all clinic supplies. I learned that in order to be successful at – more... your job you must take pride in it. I learned how to deal with the different attitudes from the clients and co-workers. Management is a very important part of the job. We have a great management staff at my job. Understanding is the key to success. I find that once you get to know a person the better you can work with them. Because we are all different, you have to be yourself and let the other person be who they are. Don't try to make anyone do what you do or do it the way you do it. The hardest part of my job is seeing and hearing the different thing that our patients struggle with. The work itself is not hard at all, because I love what I do so I have no problems doing it. What I enjoy the most is being able to be there for the patients. Being able to help them smile or even to just listen makes my day. – less
Horrible environment
Professional billing (Former Employee), IndianapolisJune 29, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: health insurance, parking, manegment
The PFS manegment is horrible! They are rude, unfair, show alot of favoritism and will lie to your face about everything. Parking is horrible and expensive for the employees and patients. Worst experience ever professional billing department. The director has a very nasty attitude and the manager of the department has the personality of a rock NONE! – more... Oh and they are all friends (management) outside of work so no sense in taking any concerns to anybody. The director has a dog come in once a week and lets its lay around on a blanket and feeds it cereal. If I were you I would look elsewhere to work, worst mistake of my life. – less
avoid at all costs
admin (Former Employee), IndianapolisJune 6, 2014
Eskenazi Health treats their staff and patients like dirt. I wouldn't take my dog here to get help.

The staff members that actually try to do the right thing get punished while the fake and lazy ones get promoted.

avoid at all costs.
Not Good
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
The only thing I enjoy is the patients. Management cannot find a way to be consistent and their computer programs leave desire.
Not what I was expecting
Room Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch (for my department)
Cons: absolutely zero work/life balance, high parking fees, rude staff all around
Depending on your department, you could potentially have an enriching experience here, one that teaches you useful skills and truly tests your limits intellectually.

Basically, if you're clinical -- nursing, radiology, surgical, etc -- you'll probably fare off better than a service worker.

My department has faced ghastly turnover rates. Employees – more... are overworked, working 12-hour shifts back-to-back, eight and nine days in a row. Management here is not the best; part-time employees in my department are worked more than full-time workers and often work more than managers. The ONLY upside to this is that after forty hours per week, you earn time-and-a-half. Management is okay at giving requested hours off; it just means the people not getting those days off will be working as two people.

Overall, the rapport between clinical and non-clinical is pretty rocky; nursing staff seem fairly uneducated or ignorant to longstanding practices. There's no real sense of comradery between these two fields.

HR is also littered with some pretty interesting characters, being as they don't take complaints too seriously.

Avoid this place if you're seeking employment that doesn't require a degree. – less
Productive workplace.
SENIOR CARE EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2014
It was a great learning experience externing at Eskenazi Health.
Diverse community
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis,INApril 20, 2014
Never any day that is the same.
Diverse group of people.
Fast paced.
okay
Ambulatory Care Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
I have grown a lot in this company but, the negative part is that I can not use my skills anywhere else.
na
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Eskenazi Health was a great place to work. Had a chance to learn a lot and meet new and interesting people everyday.

About Eskenazi Health

Eskenazi Health is one of America’s five largest safety net health systems with nearly 1 million outpatient visits each – Read more