Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

Learned a lot and encouraging place to work.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2017
I worked as an intern as a rehabilitation technician. I learned so much in that environment. It helped me to learn more about my desired future occupation of being a therapist.
Many concerns
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2017
There is a culture of fear and retaliation and upper management, instead of attempting to change this for the better, actually uses it to manipulate and control staff at all levels. Toxic work environment.
Registered Medical Assistant
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
I am a RMA and have been for 15 months here at Eskenazi health. We practice AIDET everyday here to make sure our patients are given the right care that they need.
Great high quility hospital that strives patients needs
Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
A typical day be greet patients before taking vital signs. I'd also check blood sugars before meals in needed. Unhook patients from telemetry leads if instructed by RN that needed to be taking out of unit for tests.
I have learned a lot over the years I've working at Eskenazi. The one of many is using a min ultra sound for checking patients bladders.

The most enjoyable part was when I did most of the work for the nurse, except for giving medication. The reason is because I felt the high responsibly at I'm sure most nurses do. Also patient really enjoyed it too because I'd be with them a bit longer to help their needs.
Its ok
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2017
Not the best place to work. Very low pay for extensive duties assigned. I wouldn't recommend any one to work here. The only good thing about it my patients and the food. They have pretty ok food just got to make sure they cook it right.
Pros
24hr gym, and Spa
Cons
No grace period
New hospital with a lot of health realted benifits offered. Such as: free workout room and fit classes offered.
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2017
It's a very diverse and open environment. There's a farmers market every Tuesday as well as a various of fit and health classes offered. As an interpreter I can enjoy the whole hospital and meet various staff. This grants me the opportunity to keep learning. I enjoy working for the hospital. They also offered a very good tuition reimbursement program.
Great company
RMA II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
Eskenazi always strives to be better. I absolutely love working here. The employee orientation was excellent. I have never experienced such a warm welcome and proper training upon entering a new job
Pros
My patients are awesome.
Cons
Need more space to work
Work Summary
Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2016
Great company to work for, just looking for opportunities within North Indy/West Carmel. Hard working employees in a dynamic work environment.

More info available upon request.
Great work culture with other staff
Float Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2016
Nice/ clean environment, many resources available for patients, but lack of resources to assist RN's to do job effectively.
Pros
Inexpensive cafeteria, offers payroll deduction
Cons
Understaffed, overabundant workload
Do my work and go home
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2016
A typical work day is coming in the area :
Turn on the phones and answer massages
Turn on the pc and log in to citrix
Review the schedule
Turn on soft music for the patients and myself
Greet with a smile and say "Good morning to all coworkers
Greet and smile with the patients as the exit the office / clinic
Schedule returning appointments, orders, and consults
Inform them of their next appointment and if anything else is needed
Help the patients exit the door if needed
No part of my job is hard for me some days can be a little difficult than others but nothing is really hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job is listening and helping the patient, as far as getting them all that's needed for them and trying to put a smile on their face.
The team work with my coworkers at the moment
Pros
for the patients is the dollar to get out the garage
Cons
short 30 min breaks, no bonuses
Good place to work with great benefits.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2016
Working in specimen processing is a job involving sitting at a computer most of the day entering data. It can be mundane, but we are the backbone of the lab. for getting things done. The staff is great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is doing routine, repetitive motions for long periods of time. The good thing is, learning about new medical developments and tests.
Fast paced work environment
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2016
A typical day is nothing typical. Every day is totally different from the day before. I have learned what different medical products and machines do. Strong support management system. Great co-workers fun and friendly to be around. The hardest part of the job is doing the job of two people when one is gone and getting everything done. The most enjoyable part of the day would be when I make the deliveries and get to talk to all of my end users.
Manager of Community Relations & Health Promotions (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working her at Eskenazi Health but for me there seems to be no room for further advancement. The hardest part of the job is doing without any support.
Supervisor was a narcisistic bully
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2016
I was a care coordinator for thr STARS team. All the other girls were stuck up and would make up stories about me to tell the supervisior. She ended up firing me. I was so depressed that I attempted suicide. When my former supervisor found out she told all the girls on the team and they laughed about it.
Pros
no weekends or evenings
Cons
backstabbing coworkers
Mgmt threatened to kill my colleague, and then covered up the death threat
just another victim (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis EMSApril 29, 2016
Member of management threatened to kill my colleague when this colleague refused to help stalk other members of staff. When this was brought to the attention of executive staff and HR, it was covered up. Also, they've been violating the fair labors standard act for decades. They REALLY don't like to pay overtime. ESPECIALLY IF YOU"RE A WOMAN. In fact, they might kill you if you report it. Leadership is too busy sleeping with the staff to be concerned with the death threats. If you value your life -or your paycheck, don't work here.
Cons
ethics, pay, threats of murder, stalking, harassment, quid-pro-quo mgmt requests for sexu*l favors
This is a great stepping stone job.
CHECK OUT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2016
I have been here five years and if they clean house management wise it will be a great company and raise the pay.ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Teen Care Program is a fun and exciting department to work for.
Teen Care Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2016
Overall Eskenazi Health is a good place to work. Very diverse patient and employee population. Lots of room for advancement in nursing.
do not apply for this opportunity
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2016
this role will turn into a data entry role. 8-10 hours at a desk entering data. absence of culture

they have no real understanding about a culture of accountability
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
honesty about position
Mission is a major part of how management makes business decisions
Associate Vice President, Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2016
Mission is a major part of how management makes business decisions. Very progressive in trying new clinical models and patient management approaches.
Family Oriented with a heart for serving the needs of community
Family Support Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2016
Fathers and Families work with young fathers, expectant fathers, and young women as well. On a typical day, we conduct various workshops on healthy relationships and improving communication. Classes are fun and interactive and the staff work well together.
Pros
I get to help individuals make positive improvements in their life.
Cons
Working with some individuals who are not motivated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskenazi Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8