Eskenazi Health

Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

Eskenazi: not for everyone, but GREAT for me!
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2015
I LOVED my employment at Eskenazi. This is due to the fact that my department had exceptional coworkers who choose to work daily for the good of our clients. Working at Eskenazi can be challenging, but it is so rewarding. If you have a heart for the mentally ill, I truly think this is am amazing place to work. Middle management wasn't very helpful, but if you love what you do, this is certainly something you can cope with (and hopefully someday remedy!). I truly learned to embody the PRIDE values Eskenazi strives for, and I look forward to living by these values at my future employer. I loved Eskenazi, but it isn't a position one should take lightly. You have a beautiful opportunity to impact many individuals living in Marion County with challenging backgrounds. You must be willing to change and adapt to best meet the needs of the clients. Thus far, working at Eskenazi has been my favorite position. Had I not moved, I would have planned on making Eskenazi Health a long time career.
Will never work in outpatient again. Midtown
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Met nice co-workers, good training in mental health and enjoyed working with clients
Cons: poor management, low pay, difficult to reach monthly productivity, Busy clinic
I worked at Midtown for a year. It is a good training ground into the mental health field. I also had some great co-workers and built some great relationships. However, the outpatient clinic is not well organized. The Outpatient clinic at Midtown is very busy, and at times can be a little overwhelming. You have to make productivity every month and that is not exposed until you are well into training. Because you work with the severely mentally ill, employees are expected to double book clients as they may not always show up. If you don't make productivity, which is 90 billable hours a month, then you will progress through the disciplinary process unto termination. Because Medicaid billing is the primary source of revenue for Midtown, the productivity is taken very seriously. If Medicaid was taken away, Midtown would fold. Work hours are 8 am to 4:30pm with some flexibility and must attend staff meetings weekly. The hardest part of the job was meeting productivity. When clients don't show for scheduled appointments, you have to find something to do that is billable to ensure you make your hours at the end of the month. Advancing can be challenging. The main hospital is always hiring. One you have to have be in good standing and meeting productivity before applying for different position, in addition to being a likeable employee.

Also, those patience who need regular medication management, psychiatrics or Clinical Nurse Specialist are over whelmed with multiple clients in need of medicine or new scripts. New clients have to wait two months and sometimes longer to – more... get a scheduled appointment. Then when the client arrives for the appointment, they are waiting for long periods of time to see the Clinical Nurse Specialist or Psychiatrics. Sometimes during the wait, clients become agitated, anxious, and leave. I met some nice people, great coworkers, but the management of the clinic is poor for such a well know organization.

I did walk away well trained in mental health and found that I love working in the mental health field, but not in and outpatient setting. If I was to return to mental health it would be in and inpatient setting such as Larue Carter, or other hospitals with inpatient mental health services. I would have stayed at Midtown had the management been better to work with, the clinic being better managed and so much of the focus wasn't on making productivity every month. No employee wants to work under stress every single month wondering if they have a job or if they will be written up. I was linked to a different job opportunity so I left Midtown and it has been he best decision of my career. Good luck to those who apply and are successful. :) – less
This is a horrible place to work
CHECK OUT CLERK (Current Employee), out patientJuly 7, 2015
It is a very busy mental health clinic and the staff here are very unprofessional the turn over rate is very high because they dont know how to treat there employees
Run for your life!!!!
something (Current Employee), somewhereJuly 3, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything
One of the worst seasons of my life.
I would I'd never come here.
Everyone is mean spirited.
Unfair management.
Hateful coworkers.
Dog eat dog world.
I used to believe in human beings.
Now I don't.
Monsters every last one of them.
Its a great learning plase.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2015
Pros: discount on lunch
We are a help-desk, when customer have an issue anything from passwords to whatever they need. There is no way to judge how a day will go. Its different everyday we go in. coworkers are cool
Patient care centered focus
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2015
Excellent place to work! Patient care is a priority to senior leadership and that is very evident in the workplace. You feel you are a part of a team and the team is constantly striving to improve.
A WORK DAY AT ESKENAZI HEALTH
Foodservice Ambassador (Current Employee), INDIANAPOLISMay 17, 2015
Pros: GOOD BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons: BEARY NO BREAKS AND BAD MANAGEMENT
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK I COME IN AND GET YELLED AT FOR ALL THE MISTAKE THAT HAS BEEN MADE TO RESIDENTS FOOD ALL DAY WHEN ICLEARING DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BY ANGRY PATIENTS. I STOCK PANTRY , RUN NOURISHMENTS AND TUBE FEEDINGS AND HELP ANSWER THE PHONE TO ROOM SERVICE . I WORK IN A OFFICE WHERE I AM THE NEW PERSON AND NONE OF THE LADY THAT BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE DON;T GET A LONG AND THE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON THE HARD PART OF THE JOB IS THERE IS NOT ENOUGH COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE WOMEN THAT WORK IN THE DIET OFFICE . AND THE BEST PATIENT IS THE ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO TALK WITH THE PATIENT AND MAKE THEM SMILE
Poor working staff relations
full time staff position (Former Employee), IndianaApril 25, 2015
Pros: Some wonderful people still work there
Cons: Some two faced poor quality staff remain
Wonderful productive work environment until my last position. Mean spirited staff who bullied and and were two faced. Blame on both management and the staff who worked there. It was who you knew in what you did mentality. Not the same place I hired in many years ago. Glad I am gone because that was not who I was. As I have heard recently some have left (the good ones) the ones left are the mean uncaring folks who are representing the hospital. Looking for another hospital to go if I need service.
Productive Environment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Assisting patients and staff
Cons: Not a very secure environment
A typical work day included a large patient base coming into and calling into the office for appointments, prescriptions etc. I learned to be patient and have empathy for those suffering with physical and mental illnesses. Management was very courteous and went above and beyond the call. My co-workers became like family through their support of the passing of my mother. The hardest part of the job was having to leave and the most enjoyable part was assisting patients and staff.
AWFUL PLACE
Care (Former Employee), ORApril 21, 2015
Pros: Insurance
Cons: EVERRYTHING
No communication from management to employees and HR is not a path to go if you need help. Managers and Directors will not even acknowledge own employees in hallway . They ask for 100% and critique your job performance in odd ways.

Huge Turn over and the lazy people do get promoted and hard working people get knocked down over silly things

Co-workers were ok but management has huge inflated since of authority
aweful place to work
care coordinator and support specialist (Former Employee), IndianapolisFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay, flexable schedule
Cons: they try to force you to defraud medicaid and violate patients rights
Run, dont pass go, dont collect 200 dollars. Midtowns leadership is unprofessional, unethical, and practices on models of care from the 1970s. If you are ethical you will be retaliated against. The manager of Inpatient pysch has 2 years experience and no clue. The CEO and VPs of Midtown are corupt and dont care at all about the staff or patients. If you report illegal activity you will be labled as a mental patient and mandated to EAP. Worse job I have ever had working under the most ignorant supervisors who are corrupt.
Eskenazi Health has much potential.
Disappointed employee (Former Employee), IndianapolisFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: beautiful facility, new branding, very nice ceo
Cons: old styles of management rooted deep in the organization.
Was bullied shortly after hired. I made the mistake of pushing back.
When you are in the middle of things, it is easy to forget that the correct response to being bullied is grace and kindness. I learned much from this experience. Other than the above, I recommend that Eskenazi Health, counsel employees and give them the opportunity to improve. This is the fair and reasonable way to treat people.
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2015
Nice place to work, nice big team. More technical people around. Good depth knowledge of end product. Enjoyed work there.Work was very challenging that enveloped lot of learning .
A very fast-paced educational environment, with plenty of room to grow and advance.
Registrar (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: can gain knowledge and excel up the ladder.
Cons: lack of communication sometimes between shifts.
A typical day at work would be constantly running around taking care of patients. Being in this environment taught me more patience and compassion for others. Management could be improved. When working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes the stress level can go up but overall your coworkers become your family. Hardest part of the job could be slowing down at times and taking a breath. The most enjoyable part is hearing all the success stories dealing with the patients.
its a job.
MA (Former Employee), PedigoJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: terrible
If you value ur education. Don't work here. ESPECIALLY MIDTOWN. THEY PAY TERRIBLE. THEY ARE UNFAIR. RACIST IN MY OPINION.
Great Place to work
PAS Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2014
Always acknowledged staff and they reciprocated. Worked as a team
Worst experience of my life (former employee)
Crisis Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the schedule was good
Cons: everything else (seriously) you can't trust anyone in that department!
I was is in this exact position, Crisis Specialist. Training was horrible. The supervisor was new and did not have a clue how things were supposed to be. Other therapists are not supportive, very cliquish , felt like high school! Was not evaluated by my work, was not given a chance to learn their way of doing things. The manager was two faced and played into the clique environment. I have over 15 years of experience and this was by far the worst job I have ever had !!! I could go on and on about why anyone considering this job should run as fast as you can away from this place. I promise there are so many other better opportunities out there. Do not waste your time here!!!!
fun work place
Care Tech II (Nursing Assistant) (Current Employee), indianapolis, inSeptember 11, 2014
A new learning experience every day. great co-workers. very good management. you will working here if you like to help people.
My job is great we have weekly thanks and appreciatation.Its a great team to be a part of.
Registrar (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2014
Pros: i work with a good group of people
Cons: i have not found any cons for this job
My work day consist of registering over 100 patients a month, answering phone, directing calls to appropriate person. Prepare all paperwork needed for the intake process. Check insurance, collect co-payments, reconcile all monies, and schedule doctor appointments. Once a month I order all clinic supplies. I learned that in order to be successful at your job you must take pride in it. I learned how to deal with the different attitudes from the clients and co-workers. Management is a very important part of the job. We have a great management staff at my job. Understanding is the key to success. I find that once you get to know a person the better you can work with them. Because we are all different, you have to be yourself and let the other person be who they are. Don't try to make anyone do what you do or do it the way you do it. The hardest part of my job is seeing and hearing the different thing that our patients struggle with. The work itself is not hard at all, because I love what I do so I have no problems doing it. What I enjoy the most is being able to be there for the patients. Being able to help them smile or even to just listen makes my day.
Horrible environment
Professional billing (Former Employee), IndianapolisJune 29, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: health insurance, parking, manegment
The PFS manegment is horrible! They are rude, unfair, show alot of favoritism and will lie to your face about everything. Parking is horrible and expensive for the employees and patients. Worst experience ever professional billing department. The director has a very nasty attitude and the manager of the department has the personality of a rock NONE! Oh and they are all friends (management) outside of work so no sense in taking any concerns to anybody. The director has a dog come in once a week and lets its lay around on a blanket and feeds it cereal. If I were you I would look elsewhere to work, worst mistake of my life.
Headquarters